• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson - “PS5 Pro article inbound. Ya’ll need to chill

Developers can submit their applications supporting the PlayStation 5 Pro to CertOps (Platform Certification & Operations) on July 30th, a date understood to have been finalized as far back as 18 months ago. In addition, all applications for the PlayStation 5 on games that will be released after September 15th will be required to support the PlayStation 5 Pro (this does not mean the PS5 Pro will release on September 16). So, although not an exact release date, the information, which was released by PlayStation earlier this week to developers, suggests that the PlayStation 5 Pro is still on track to be released later this year.

Despite the Pro seemingly being on track, several sources have been apprehensive about the console’s release later this year, primarily due to the limited number of first-party games that will use its features. However, regarding documentation (90-95% of my reporting involves documentation sources), nothing implies that the PS5 Pro has been delayed or canceled.

Screaming Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Last edited:

amigastar

I'm very curious about this PS5 Pro even though i don't have plans to buy it, mostly gaming on PC for now, but i'm waiting for the Switch 2 which i'm even more curious about.

Perrott

"Chill"? Yep, there's the confirmation that our little boy Tom was talking out of his ass when suggesting the idea of a delay.

nial

November 8th

i3dU6Yz.gif
On a single-digit number day?
PlayStation Vita - December 17, 2011
PlayStation Vita Slim - October 10, 2013
PlayStation Vita TV - November 14, 2013
PlayStation 4 - February 22, 2014
PlayStation 4 Slim - September 15, 2016
PlayStation 4 Pro - November 10, 2016
PlayStation 5 - November 12, 2020
PlayStation 5 Slim - November 10, 2023
I'm afraid that this hasn't happened in well over a decade...

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Get clicks from thirsty PS fans guide.

1) Write a offhand but controversial tweet on pro release
2) Generate hype saying "chill bros! Article incoming!All will be explained soon!”
3) Release article that actually adds nothing new

Obviously. This machine could have been released in 2023 without COVID.

Why would they go back to the previously less reliable, noisier and more expensive solution?
Only joking.

As far i am aware no playstation has ever used liquid cooling. I am talking about the kind you see in PC's with liquid going through tubes to cool the cpu.

They used liquid metal but thats different. That is thermal paste.

Top Bottom