• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins' Creed Shadows Sales are strong, reiterates Tom Henderson

What we the players consider "gangbusters" is irrelevant. What matters is how a game sells relative to what the Publisher expects/projects. A game can sell millions of copies, still not meet expectations, and the studio can be hit with layoffs or even a closure.
I can't believe this has to be said. When a successful IP like Hi-Fi rush can get the studio cancelled, how much more something like AC who has a higher level of expectations. UBI's AAAA output has been so horrendous that AC: Shadows now has to pick up the slack. The outlook doesn't seem positive for the game as "millions" of sales is irrelevant unless it's in the level of Red Dead Redemption or GTA.

Last edited:

rm082e

I can't believe this has to be said. When a successful IP like Hi-Fi rush can get the studio cancelled, how much more something like AC who has a higher level of expectations. UBI's AAAA output has been so horrendous that AC: Shadows now has to pick up the slack. The outlook doesn't seem positive for the game as "millions" of sales is irrelevant unless it's in the level of Red Dead Redemption or GTA.

Yep, it's a sad state to be in.

As I understand it, the team who made Outlaws is mostly the team that made FarCry 6, which I liked (despite some obnoxious wokness). It will be sad if Outlaws under-performing winds up hurting FarCry somehow.

Kurotri

Yep, it's a sad state to be in.

As I understand it, the team who made Outlaws is mostly the team that made FarCry 6, which I liked (despite some obnoxious wokness). It will be sad if Outlaws under-performing winds up hurting FarCry somehow.
Pretty sure that's not the case. Far Cry 6 was made by Ubisoft Toronto while Outlaws was developed by Ubisoft Massive. Far Cry is fine.

rm082e

Pretty sure that's not the case. Far Cry 6 was made by Ubisoft Toronto while Outlaws was developed by Ubisoft Massive. Far Cry is fine.

Thanks for the correction. I read somewhere a few months back it was the same developer, but I didn't fact check. Looks like UT was just a support studio for Massive on Outlaws.

Top Bottom