• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition |OT| Lara shot first

That looks way worse than it should. Did you make any changes? Because saving changes recompresses them every time.

Black and red are something of a worse case scenario for compression as well. That said the screenshots on Vita have always been way too compressed and they've yet to address that. Not sure it would be a priority on PS4 just now.

bombshell

Digital Foundry will be looking into how the two new versions compare - and as you may have figured already, the results are sure to be interesting - and in the meantime Ian Higton's prepared a quick look at how the PlayStation 4 compares to the original on Xbox 360.

Digital Foundry's report will be going live this afternoon, and you can click the big black box below to see Ian's own take right now.

PS4 vs. Xbox 360 video (until PS4 vs. Xbox One comparison): How does the PS4 Tomb Raider compare to the Xbox 360 original?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-the-ps4-tomb-raider-compare-to-the-original

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Black and red are something of a worse case scenario for compression as well. That said the screenshots on Vita have always been way too compressed and they've yet to address that. Not sure it would be a priority on PS4 just now.

I posted a screenshot from Trine 2 with lots of smooth orange/red/black gradients and the level of artifacting wasn't any worse than what I posted just now.

Haunted

This game is damned good.

gsiqDv5.jpg

Also beautiful.
That is the worst compression I've ever seen on a videogame screenshot.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That compression makes it look like a still from a 1990's PC CD game using Bink.

binkyaoj9.gif

MilkBeard

Physics, how does it work.

xJ6.png

Weird, because I remember specifically that her hair does in fact fall down toward the ground in that scene on PS4. It has this weird look to it though, it's being pulled down but only at the end, but she has it tied. The hair clips with the bag though partially so it can look like it's not being affected by gravity which is what's happening here I think.

rhoq

Weird, because I remember specifically that her hair does in fact fall down toward the ground in that scene on PS4. It has this weird look to it though, it's being pulled down but only at the end, but she has it tied. The hair clips with the bag though partially so it can look like it's not being affected by gravity which is what's happening here I think.

It does, but only at times. It's weird. The front and top of her stay put, her ponytail sometimes falls downward as she starts to swinging. My first impression when I played was "all of this fuss over the Tress-FX hair and physics and they missed something as obvious hair falling downward when hanging-upside down".

fernoca

That compression, what happened? I know the PS4 compress..some, but even the picture I took when I started, posted it on Facebook and then uploaded to imgur.com; doesn't look as compressed.
And yeah, Skylanders Swap Force look amazing. And is a damn great game too; really good adventure/platformer.

IconGrist

Anybody tried playing Tomb Raider through Remote Play? Seriously, it's great. The button mapping is also very well done. Never makes you use the rear touchpad. Instead L2/R2/L3/R3 are mapped to the four corners of the front touch screen. Very easy to use.

KaiPow

Banned
100%'d the single player trophies (Wasn't too hard since I played it once before on PS3).

Now I'm trying to do multiplayer and it's taking up to 20 minutes to find a match on PS4.

Ghazi

This is the photo IGN chose to post on Facebook in advertising their comparison, lol. I can't imagine any worse screenshot selection. Like seriously, who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

LTWood12

Best Buy is still insisting the game releases on 2/4. I would think Square wouldn't be too happy about one of the largest sellers of physical games failing to sell the game the month of its release.

Number45

And yeah, Skylanders Swap Force look amazing. And is a damn great game too; really good adventure/platformer.
Way off topic, but it this the same as the Wii game? My wife picked up a Skylanders game for my daughters for Christmas and it looks horrific (both graphically, and gameplay).

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Way off topic, but it this the same as the Wii game? My wife picked up a Skylanders game for my daughters for Christmas and it looks horrific (both graphically, and gameplay).

No idea. But she also may have picked up the first or second game, which were by another developer and had no platforming. I've never played those.

Number45

No idea. But she also may have picked up the first or second game, which were by another developer and had no platforming. I've never played those.
Ah, could be that. It almost seemed like a multiplayer shooter.

I do keep telling her to leave that stuff to me!

TAJ

So it's "Up" on Xbox One Game Store but the pricing says unavailable and won't let you buy it.

There's not even a mention of it on PSN.
And the game is impossible to buy around here. The last day and a half I stopped at every store I happened to pass that carries games and they all either didn't get it, refused to sell it, or were sold out.

Top Bottom