• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

That horrifying 'spike' death will surely have me intentionally dying here and there just to see what kind of gruesome things they have waiting for bad players, lol

antitrop

That horrifying 'spike' death will surely have me intentionally dying here and there just to see what kind of gruesome things they have waiting for bad players, lol
If I can enjoy the Dead Space death montages on YouTube, I'm sure there will be a lot for me to like in Tomb Raider.

Andrew.

Banned
If I can enjoy the Dead Space death montages on YouTube, I'm sure there will be a lot for me to like in Tomb Raider.

Haha, and then we will need someone to eventually create a montage of the multiple deaths in re4, Dead Space and Tomb Raider. All in one.

Grisby

Multiplayer is ok. Played it for three hours and it's comparable to Uncharted but doesn't run as smooth as Naughty Dog's game. Controls feel a bit clunky in MP but overall I like it (more than Uncharted MP)
You can activate traps which is fun.

Singleplayer is superb though

Edit: SOUNDTRACK IS AWESOME
Better than UC's mp? I really liked that, anxious to give this a try.

Also, cool to hear about the OST. I think Jason Graves is doing it, who did the moody Dead Space soundtracks.

antitrop

How recently did you order? My code came 5 minutes after I pre-ordered.
Huh? This is the e-mail I got when I pre-ordered last night:

Amazon said:
Thanks for your order, XXXXXXXXXXX!
Your credit card will not be charged until your download is available.
Digital Item Information:
Tomb Raider [Download], Price: $44.99
Sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. Additional taxes may apply. By placing your order, you agree to our Terms of Use.
This item will be available to download on March 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM (US/Pacific)
We will send you an e-mail to XXXXXXXXXXXXX when your item is available to download from Your Games and Software Library

Even though it says $44.99, it was $33.74 with the CAGROCKS.

antitrop

Probably a few hours before the download unlocks like the other times I've pre-ordered from them, somewhere on Monday night.

As I posted before: We will send you an e-mail to XXXXXXXXXXXXX when your item is available to download from Your Games and Software Library

Probably a few hours before the download unlocks like the other times I've pre-ordered from them, somewhere on Monday night.

As I posted before: We will send you an e-mail to XXXXXXXXXXXXX when your item is available to download from Your Games and Software Library

Yeah, that's what it says on Amazon's page to buy the game.

I guess I was thinking of other sites that give it out earlier (even if they say when it releases). But if that's what they normally do, then I guess there's no reason to expect it earlier.

Harlequin

She did. The story in Mirror's Edge was terrible, so I'm hoping for an improvement.

With Mirror's Edge they got her onto the project when most of the story had already been done and she had to fix all the problems with it and try and patch it up in the short time before release. Not to mention that nobody even bothered telling her that they were gonna go with cartoon cutscenes (she didn't find out until playing the final product, I think) and that pretty much all the in-game dialogue she wrote for the game (which would've given further insight into the characters and given the story more depth) got cut out shortly before release. So Mirror's Edge's story being terrible is not her fault. It's DICE's.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't planning to buy any new games until TLoU but you guys are making that very difficult for me. The question is do I get this or BioShock Infinite?

DukeBobby

With Mirror's Edge they got her onto the project when most of the story had already been done and she had to fix all the problems with it and try and patch it up in the short time before release. Not to mention that nobody even bothered telling her that they were gonna go with cartoon cutscenes (she didn't find out until playing the final product, I think) and that pretty much all the in-game dialogue she wrote for the game (which would've given further insight into the characters and given the story more depth) got cut out shortly before release. So Mirror's Edge's story being terrible is not her fault. It's DICE's.

Oh right, I didn't know that. Maybe she'll have another chance with Mirror's Edge 2 (if DICE get around to making it).

I wasn't planning to buy any new games until TLoU but you guys are making that very difficult for me. The question is do I get this or BioShock Infinite?

Bioshock Infinite. But, then again, Bioshock is my favourite game of this generation, so I might be a little biased.

Tomb Raider still looks great, though. Get both if you can.

Andrew.

Banned
Hmm now there's an idea. How much credit do you generally get for trading in a game within a week or two of its release?

Usually around 30-35, but you'd get an added % I'm sure if it is towards an upcoming release like Bio. GS'es always have that going on.

antitrop

its sitting in my cart for 28$ should i proceed ?

TerminatorThumbsUp.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami

Pick it up at the Microsoft Store (if you're on 360).

It's $60, but you get $20 in MS points, which you could sell.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Usually around 30-35, but you'd get an added % I'm sure if it is towards an upcoming release like Bio. GS'es always have that going on.

Pick it up at the Microsoft Store (if you're on 360).

It's $60, but you get $20 in MS points, which you could sell.

Dammit, fine, you guys win. I'll pre-order from the MS Store and then trade it in for BioShock Infinite.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY GAF.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Dammit, fine, you guys win. I'll pre-order from the MS Store and then trade it in for BioShock Infinite.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY GAF.

If you're going to trade it in after finishing, maybe just rent it for a week? Gamestop trade in values suck bad, haha.

RoKKeR

Trying to think about not spending money this Spring. Between this and Bioshock Infinite, is there anything else I'd want until TLoU? If not I think I'm in.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head.

DukeBobby

Trying to think about not spending money this Spring. Between this and Bioshock Infinite, is there anything else I'd want until TLoU? If not I think I'm in.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head.

God of War: Ascension? Gears of War: Judgement?

Metro: Last Light is still scheduled for a March release, but it is very very unlikely to be released by then. I'm guessing it will be delayed by a few months.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Slacker

If you're going to trade it in after finishing, maybe just rent it for a week? Gamestop trade in values suck bad, haha.

Yep if I weren't a part of the PC Master Race I'd get it from Redbox for a few days. Two bucks a day, should be able to finish it pretty easily within 4 or 5 days. Much better than a $60 purchase and a $24 trade-in to the GS.

I don't think I will need 10 hours to finish the story ..:(
Stop and smell the dirty, blood covered roses. Do a few dungeons, etc.

RoKKeR

God of War: Ascension? Gears of War: Judgement?

Metro: Last Light is still scheduled for a March release, but it is very very unlikely to be released by then. I'm guessing it will be delayed by a few months.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Those two are going to be summer pickups for me after price drops, so I think I'll bite on TR/Bioshock.

The only thing I'm worried about with TR is replayability. I feel like I'll play it once and forget about it.

Collectibls are fun to get? are they alot, asking because I enjoy a lot 100% games.

I actually have loved going back to explore and find the stuff. I'm not sure what the GPS caches are for, but the relics I enjoy cause Lara talks about them a bit. It's fun and leads to exploring parts of the map you might have missed.

Raptor

I actually have loved going back to explore and find the stuff. I'm not sure what the GPS caches are for, but the relics I enjoy cause Lara talks about them a bit. It's fun and leads to exploring parts of the map you might have missed.

Damn, this is sounding better and better :D

Thanks.

That's about where I am and a buddy who finished it is saying there is still more to go.

Cool. I can't stop playing...it's too good! But I don't want to rush through this game :(

The tombs remind me of the "riddler rooms" in Arkham City. They are quite easy but well integrated and atmospheric.

Edit: yeah I'm about 3-4 hours in...sounds good!

Top Bottom