• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

dreamfall

With the sheer amount of people here playing this game early and already beating it, gotta wonder how many are pirates and how many actually managed to find a seller. Really annoying.

I think a lot of people scored it early, and Australia broke street date.

I just can't wait for that Steam unlock.

Feels like we've been waiting forever.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
With the sheer amount of people here playing this game early and already beating it, gotta wonder how many are pirates and how many actually managed to find a seller. Really annoying.

Most people playing it early are overseas, Australia and such, where the street date was broken.

Kyon

Banned
mj-laughing.gif

No.

ibhfzaXoKCW9rV.gif

Ill wait for the inevitable price cut then

Satchel

Banned
I'm trying of figure out where the hell the treasure map is for the mountain temple.

I've found all the treasure, and after looking for aaaaaaages, I can't find the map. I checked the IGN guide, which guided me to a spot where I'm pretty sure I grabbed everything.

So Mountain Temple is stuck on 92% completion. Or am I missing something here?

Hixx

If you are in the UK, simplygames despatched preorders on thursday.

Funny enough, the last time I ran into a game-ending glitch was in DarkSiders 2, where the portal to Earth never showed up, no matter what I did.

But considering how people talk shit about that section, I'm not TOO upset about it
KuGsj.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

It's actually on sale early in many countries.

Lime

Are you kidding?

No sexy and slutty outfits for Lara?

This is the fourth time you've been posting like a horny teenager. I'd advise you to think a bit more about who else might be reading and what kind of atmosphere you create by these types of posts:

Can't wait for the young Lara tits. Ummm mmmmmgh!

Quick! Hide behind my penis Lara!

Tities, here I come!

SJRB

Gold Member

The game has been available in stores since last Thursday over here.

Dahbomb

This is probably the smallest tit sized Lara in any TR game yet. Don't know why anyone would get hyped for her cleavage.

Green Yoshi

Oh wow. Can you reload the chapter?

I think that isn't possible, you can only start at the last checkpoint. I already travelled to another camp and returned. But the bug doesn't disappear. Luckily I only borrowed the game at the local video rental store. I just watched a Let's Play with the final hour of the game and try to forget about the Gamerscore I have missed. ;-)

GrayFoxPL

This is the fourth time you've been posting like a horny teenager. I'd advise you to think a bit more about who else might be reading and what kind of atmosphere you create by these types of posts:

Aww! Come on here, I'll protect you from all the naughty thoughts.

For anyone interested in the PC version, it can be had at greenmangaming for $36 (with coupon: GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS). PC version will have realistic hair physics...so you know you want it...

I'm contemplating getting it myself - but wondering about replayability and game length. Don't care at all about the MP. Any comments?

You're really adding some constructive posts as well. Bravo.

Not to say that this person is not completely inappropriate, but maybe your efforts would be better focused in threads like these:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=516304&highlight=happy+boobs

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
For anyone interested in the PC version, it can be had at greenmangaming for $36 (with coupon: GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS). PC version will have realistic hair physics...so you know you want it...

I'm contemplating getting it myself - but wondering about replayability and game length. Don't care at all about the MP. Any comments?

Length seems to be average 8-12 hours depending on person, possibly 15 for 100%ing it. There's different difficulties but no achievements based on difficulties, and I haven't seen anyone mention anything about unlocks. It seems the replayability is in the mp.

Derrick01

Banned

There's not going to be hardly any replayability because of its linear cinematic nature. As for length we've had people beat it on hard in under 10 hours so it's pretty short.

Length seems to be average 8-12 hours depending on person, possibly 15 for 100%ing it. There's different difficulties but no achievements based on difficulties, and I haven't seen anyone mention anything about unlocks. It seems the replayability is in the mp.

Yeah, I search a bit online and found numbers around 12 hours for standard campaign.
That's decently long.

Will stew over it for another day...

Dahbomb

The only replayability this game is going to have is going back to finish your collectibles after beating the game.

At best someone might do like a minimalist Bow + Pick axe only no upgrades walkthrough or something.

sleepykyo

The only replayability this game is going to have is going back to finish your collectibles after beating the game.

At best someone might do like a minimalist Bow + Pick axe only no upgrades walkthrough or something.

Well, there is also the mp for however briefly that remains populated.

Toa TAK

Banned

That's a bit disappointing to hear. I like it when a game is packed with good content.

It's Multiplayer is not good content.

Arklite

Wow $36? At $60 I'd definitely be questioning new game+ options, but I'm also contemplating it now since that's a reasonable price for competent single player campaign.

Dahbomb

This isn't about lack or presence of content... it's about how the game is designed. It's like Arkham City in that regard only with less stuff in the environments to look for and beat. Like if you are allowed to have your entire gear on the next walkthrough, you would beat the game in an hour because you can just use one of your end game items to get through an area that would normally be blocked off because you didn't have the right item/gear.

I'm an expert

I don't know why everyone's hating on the mp so much lol. It'll be good fun like Uncharted's.

What made UC2 great were the unlockables you earn for beating it the first time, which you could enable on future play-throughs. It made a great game greater. The multiplayer was tacked on crap. What ruined UC3 other than the fact that the game itself was incredibly mediocre was they rushed to meet a release date they weren't ready for, and thus we were left without the ability to play through the game again as a big fat guy. Sounds like there's no reason to replay this one either, and it also sounds like the multiplayer is crap. Might be time to use Redbox instead of Amazon.

I don't know why everyone's hating on the mp so much lol. It'll be good fun like Uncharted's.

UC's is a like it/hate it proposition.

Lime

You're really adding some constructive posts as well. Bravo.

I don't see how your opinion about my contribution to this thread in specific has anything to do with the objection to GrayFoxPL's behaviour. As I see it, you're simply making an ad hominem right now.

Not to say that this person is not completely inappropriate, but maybe your efforts would be better focused in threads like these:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=516304&highlight=happy+boobs

First of all; context - there's a large difference between a thread like this and your suggestion. Second of all, even if we were to agree that your suggested thread is equivalent to the aforementioned behaviour, then the existence of another thread with similar behaviour does not negate the objection to the former.

I seriously don't understand what motivates you to try to counter-argue my objection.

I'm an expert

UC's is a like it/hate it proposition.

Maybe if we're talkin UC2 pre-patch/post-patch, but in general UC mp is damn good. I'm not saying everyone likes mp, I'm saying these games can have good mp regardless.

Finished it on hard. About 77%. Absolutely enjoyed it. I think my biggest issues was some stereotypical side characters, and lack of more puzzles. Though there were a couple puzzles in the main campaign towards the end, anyone who says those were not puzzles, I guess you were looking for pushing blocks or pulling levers?

I don't see how your opinion about my contribution to this thread in specific has anything to do with the objection to GrayFoxPL's behaviour. As I see it, you're simply making an ad hominem right now.

First of all; context - there's a large difference between a thread like this and your suggestion. Second of all, even if we were to agree that your suggested thread is equivalent to the aforementioned behaviour, then the existence of another thread with similar behaviour does not negate the objection to the former.

I seriously don't understand what motivates you to try to counter-argue my objection.

You took this the wrong way. I actually agree with you.

Because it is a transparent move to focus Lime's attention elsewhere.

That isn't what I was doing at all, but okay.

Top Bottom