• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

zroid

Banned
This game is great! I laughed so hard here!

10330471_10101385997457388_8553102477482286075_n.jpg

MicH was pretending to be dead after the Grandfather Clock brought his HP to 0 :-(

Diortem7

I gave my nephew's mii an item to turn him into an adult. Is there a way to reverse it? I didn't really understand what it did when I used it.

watershed

Banned
This game definitely gets better as the miis start to form various relationships. Hayao Miyazaki is angry at Joker right now. One of my friends wants to date Batman, and Joker has become best buds with Jesus.

Labrys

im gonna say i've been kinda harsh on this game. from what i've seen the main focus isn't even on marriage, it's more of a Jesus vs. Heavy from TF2 rap battle simulator, despite the hamfisted first response to the movement. Gonna try to get a demo code. and if what they were saying before is true the next one'll have same sex relationships anyway.

pariah164

Day one is over. Most people are asleep. One relationship has formed - Xaos and ChibiBecky are sweethearts, thanks to Pinkie pairing them up.

dock

How can I delete a character?
A friend just sent me her proper Tomodachi Mii, but I already imported her vanilla Mii.

dock

Does anyone have a good Benedict Cumberbatch in their game?

I like this more than I expected to, as I never got on with The Sims.

Hasney

Huh, didn't realize you could use treasures as presents in asking someone out. Wish I hadn't sold that R.O.B. now... She wouldn't have resisted then!

Chucker

Sweethearts after one day? I must be doing it wrong. Also I think my IRL Wife hates me in Tomodachi.

Decisions.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The scariest dream was one where the Mii opened the curtains and behind the window was real ME - using the inner camera.

SeZMehK

Since I got the game yesterday, I've been having a blast. Here is my mii:

FHkCCfe.jpg

I will be adding other GAFers to my Island. :D

Today Sonic tried his luck with ChibiBecky again and failed once more. Adorably, rather than it being down to just me to fix his mood, Batman and Nikki decided to take him to the cafe, where they tried to make small talk and jokes while Sonic kept glooming into his coffee.

Also yesterday Nikki and Sonic had a fight where Nikki tried to say sorry shortly after, Sonic said he wouldn't forgive her, which crushed her. But he later regretted it and actually went over of his own accord to say sorry.

Robin64

Today, Robin asked about having a kid with his wife. His wife that he married yesterday, after meeting her the day before. Hoo boy.

Blues1990

I haven't gotten far into this game, but Tomodachi Life is pure, unbridled joy. I first thought it was going to be a game all about doing a bunch of off-the-wall activities that will become tiring after a while, but it feels more like an extension of the Nintendo 3DS Mii Plaza games, that you play in quick bursts of fun.

My Mii has gotten into a relationship with a female Admiral Ackbar, while my friend has had a dream about eating giant hamburgers. Greatness awaits.

Kyzon

I need more females XD

Also, my real life girlfriend rejected my mii....

Time for a side chick! Thots unite!

Edit: Lilo (no Stitch) is friends with Ganondorf now.

Debating if I want to pick this up. Got $100 worth of point cards. Will watch some more reviews. I tend to get bored of Sim-esque games within a week.

Animekatt

The scariest dream was one where the Mii opened the curtains and behind the window was real ME - using the inner camera.

Wow, so that's what it was. I was playing in a dark room, so I was waiting, an waiting for something to happen before I just gave up.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just picked this up...so does this game only pull Miis you have in Mii Maker, or does it pull Streetpass Miis as well?

Robin64

Just picked this up...so does this game only pull Miis you have in Mii Maker, or does it pull Streetpass Miis as well?

You can move any Mii from the Mii Plaza into Mii Maker for import.

You can also just make new ones from scratch or scan the QR codes in this thread.

The game does have its own StreetPass function where you may see people who left other islands turning up, too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You can move any Mii from the Mii Plaza into Mii Maker for import.

You can also just make new ones from scratch or scan the QR codes in this thread.

The game does have its own StreetPass function where you may see people who left other islands turning up, too.

Oh, I have a bunch of Miis already (mostly transferred over from my Wii), just wondering if I have to transfer any from Streetpass if I want certain ones from there or if they automatically are brought in.

Thanks.

Kacho

Are you supposed to sell your treasures at the pawn shop? I'm holding on to them for now because I'm not sure what purpose they serve other than to be sold.

FrsDvl

Did Nintendo ever release the demo for this to everyone? Really want to give it a go, I'm tempted to go out and buy it, but I just don't know if this is a game for me.

random25

Did Nintendo ever release the demo for this to everyone? Really want to give it a go, I'm tempted to go out and buy it, but I just don't know if this is a game for me.

Ask for a demo code to those who purchased the game. There's a thread here meant for it and maybe somebody there can provide you with one.

Animekatt

Ok, so Javier is already in love with Nikki, after meeting her for a few moments today. All last night, he was spending time with ChibiBecky, playing Wii U games. So I thought they'd be together. Nikki turned him down though, sorry Javier.

Javier

Do you eventually get clothes that resemble Nintendo characters?

Ok, so Javier is already in love with Nikki, after meeting her for a few moments today. All last night, he was spending time with ChibiBecky, playing Wii U games. So I thought they'd be together. Nikki turned him down though, sorry Javier.
Booo. Now I'm depressed.

Top Bottom