• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

Speaking of, I'm going to be "that guy" and ask if anyone has a demo code they don't mind sharing? This game seems weird enough it might be fun, but I'm not ready to plunk down twenty bucks to try it.

MicH

You can get a LOT o f awesome items by checking y the dreams of the characters. I got some caviar (so expensive!) and som supercool superhero suits :D

I've also managed to get the hamster suit in 4 or 5 different colors now :p

I do find it weird how some of the characters have 5 for more friends, while some of them have none. I feel so bad for those :/ Always by themselves.

.. and I just saw Miyamoto looking through the window in the diner. Freaked me out lol :p :(

daydream

Banned
I just noticed another thing about the localisation (while rewatching GB's Friday show): In the US version the opposite of Normal on the personality scale is "Quirky", in the EU version (or in the demo, at least) it's "Unique".

Weird. :S

Robin64

We knew the Image Share plane was new to our version, but the Japanese one doesn't have the Observation Tower either. Weird!

"Unique" and "Quirky" are odd differences between the US and EU ones, though. Reminds me of the Mario Kart 8 differences. ("I'm using tilt controls!" in the US one vs "I'm using motion controls!" in EU)

pariah164

After trading in Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, and Scribblenauts Unmasked (and putting $10 down on Senran Kagura Versus)...

PIqcM7T.jpg
All your fault, GAF.

Thanks, guys.

kubus

I just noticed another thing about the localisation (while rewatching GB's Friday show): In the US version the opposite of Normal on the personality scale is "Quirky", in the EU version (or in the demo, at least) it's "Unique".

Weird. :S
I discovered that the US and European localisation each have completely different personalities + descriptions. I tried using the personality guide in the OP but it was like it was from a completely different game O_O

Animekatt

I just bought my game at Best Buy today. I only have 3 people so far, but I really really like it! I'll start adding you all soon. Here's my mii:

idfAP6td3j58f.JPG

I bought this is a surprise for my 9 year old daughter. We added a Justin Bieber Mii using an online QR Code and he wanted to start dating my youngest daughter, she is 7 years old. They both hate Justin Bieber, but we were joking that he would be fun to watch "get in trouble."

When my oldest allowed the Bieb to ask my youngest out, she started crying (in real life) saying "I dont want to date Justin Bieber."

Meanwhile, my wife and Katy Perry are besties right now, hanging out all the time. What a crazy little "experience" this game is.

Oswen

I have more than 50 Miis and nobody has fallen in love with anyone yet (not allowing me to unlock various things), such a boring island!

MicH

Here's my QR code. I think it scans my entire character, personaliy and all.

kdT9Wwf.jpg

(Changed my last name to GAF for this :p)

Robin64

Speaking of US/EU differences, I guess US has the game that was sumo in Japan changed to using footballers, right? Bill mentioned that. I noticed that ours in EU is actually wrestlers.

McNum

Moved Pinkie in, was in need of some pony! She even takes her room with her. Though food likes/dislikes are wiped clean as well as any gifts you gave her.
She likes all kinds of sweets in my game. Again, very fitting considering the inspiration. And she's my island's go-to singer.

zroid

Banned
LOL this game is too good

The moment a certain Mii moved in, he wanted to befriend Nikki, so I thought that was suspicious. As expected, about an hour later he said he thought Nikki liked him.

...but then he got rejected.

pariah164

Use the plane port to upload to tumblr, twitter, or facebook, then img tag the pic's url here
Plane port? This may be my allergy meds talking, but IDK what that means.

Also, I added everyone that posted their code in this thread so far. ERRYBODY.

Robin64

To generate the QR code, you need to go to the Town Hall. From there it's clear.

The plane he's on about appears in a while and it allows you to upload pictures saved to the SD card (such as the QR codes or anything you take with X or Y) to Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr.

MicH

Yay!

Go to the town hall and choose the QR code option. Then Create QR code. You can then go to the Imageshare site (or click the plane) and upload it

Kyzon

The bottom right area. It's an orange square where the sea plane is parked.

Edit: Sorry I'm not clear, It's the bottom right icon above "save"

On the top screen there's a Plane there :p

Damn, i really want this game my game money this month is reserved for shantae , shovel knight and gunvolt , and i already bought yumis odd oddysey and 1001 spikes this month ...

Maybe if i try the demo ...

Top Bottom