• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

Hasney

Since everyone else is throwing their Miis up, may as well

BprYo0jCAAAkU_e.jpg

Kuntz

I can't stop playing this Nintendrugs game...
My first couple just happened, as Hitler ask Queen Elisabeth for a date, and against all odds she accepted. Can't wait for the wedding!
Also Obama and Kimjong Un have been throwing things at each other non stop for hours.

Yeah, I now call this game Nintendrugs

MicH

Wow, a lot of romances today!

Rosalina confessed her love to Reggie in a classroom, but suddenly my mom sprung out from under the teacher's desk and confessed her love to Reggie! He picked Rosalina

And then Will Smith confessed her love to my sister and she agreed to start dating :lol No-one has shut anyone down yet, except for Reggie shutting my mom down :p

yaAAJIN.jpg

Updated my Mii~
I gave your Mii the witch outfit and she loved it :D

Robin64

Anyone got a baby yet? I'm really curious about the face generation, assuming the game blends the two parent faces.

Westraid

Man I should really stay away from this thread, but the screenshots and stories you guys keep posting are so funny.

Is it like ACNL where you kind of have to play every day to keep bad stuff from happening, like ACNL has villagers moving out, town turning messy etc? It seems like a really fun game but I'm not sure if I want another sleeve pulling game that needs attention every day to prevent it from throwing a tantrum.

McNum

Man I should really stay away from this thread, but the screenshots and stories you guys keep posting are so funny.

Is it like ACNL where you kind of have to play every day to keep bad stuff from happening, like ACNL has villagers moving out, town turning messy etc? It seems like a really fun game but I'm not sure if I want another sleeve pulling game that needs attention every day to prevent it from throwing a tantrum.
The game doesn't do anything when you don't play. You can leave for months and come back and pick up where you left off.

Apparently, all Miis will prompt you before doing anything major. Like "I have feelings for Mario. I've got to tell him!" and then you get options on how or how not to go about doing so.

The game doesn't need attention. It's really a great 5-10 minute burst game. Play a bit, help some Miis, leave it until you want to play again.It is on a realtime clock, though, but events are extrmely recurring, so don't worry about missing them. They'll be back. And if you DO miss then, just change the date to the desired one and make it anyway. You do forfeit some daily events for that day if you change the date, but it's not a big problem. They're daily events, after all.

kubus

I like this much better than Animal Crossing because it doesn't feel like a chore. I don't have to worry about villagers being unhappy, my favourite neighbours moving out, watering flowers, missable items, weeds, etc. Everytime I feel like booting up ACNL again, I stop myself because I'm afraid to find out that Bob left :/.

Tomodachi Life doesn't require you to do anything. It's a much more relaxing game because you can't fail and you don't have to bear any responsibilities. You can play for 15 minutes each day and skip a month inbetween and nothing bad will have happened! Your Miis will just say they missed you.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I like this much better than Animal Crossing because it doesn't feel like a chore. I don't have to worry about villagers being unhappy, my favourite neighbours moving out, watering flowers, missable items, weeds, etc. Everytime I feel like booting up ACNL again, I stop myself because I'm afraid to find out that Bob left :/.

Tomodachi Life doesn't require you to do anything. It's a much more relaxing game because you can't fail and you don't have to bear any responsibilities. You can play for 15 minutes each day and skip a month inbetween and nothing bad will have happened! Your Miis will just say they missed you.

We really should be able to lock Animal Crossing villagers from leaving. That'd be a nice improvement for the next AC.

Robin64

So is there a wiki for all the clothes and furniture? Couldn't even find a jp one.

Don't think so. Was tempted to make something showing the differences between EU and US versions, which could well end up just being a full catalogue of everything.

Edit: There are a couple of Wikias that have been started, but both are really really bad..

kubus

We really should be able to lock Animal Crossing villagers from leaving. That'd be a nice improvement for the next AC.
Yes, that would be great!

Don't think so. Was tempted to make something showing the differences between EU and US versions, which could well end up just being a full catalogue of everything.

Edit: There are a couple of Wikias that have been started, but both are really really bad..
We (GAF) should make one :D.

MicH

The Shadow Quiz is relentless. Round plate-looking object. Three food choices. WHICH ONE IS IT

It was the tortilla!

McNum

Had my first Mii wedding today. That was cute, even if the pairing is a little boring. I was sure they'd break up after fighting that much, but then she decided to propose.

Well, that unlocked the Mii housing area. Just one more area left to unlock, and I think that's Streetpass related. That's going to be... difficult for me.

MicH

Decided to upload some pcitures on my Twitter

Bpr9tbDCIAEZ7Q6.jpg

Miyamoto be creeping. I gave him the goldy locks wig and he loves it!

Bpr962rCQAIH6Wo.jpg

Nikki is falling into the fountain lmao

And some good advice from my islanders:

Bpr-LA3CIAAySt3.jpg
Bpr-sQ7CEAAiSLn.jpg
Bpr-3-XCUAE_D5a.jpg

Dragoshi1

Satsuki from Kill La Kill and Reggie certainly became a thing really quickly in my game.

HEY, YOU TWO SHOULD HURRY UP AND KISS.

I want to be able to force them to go on dates or something to speed up the process.

AEREC

Never got into making Mii's until this game and now Im seeing how paingully shallow the Mii editor is...really wish they would add more hair, mouth, eye, etc... options in updates.

EhoaVash

hmm I played the demo of this game. It's quirky alright but some of the stuff in this game feels too forced, like it's trying too hard to be quirky. anyway I got pretty bored to be honest after giving my character a bath =/

Rocky

Banned
Decided to upload some pcitures on my Twitter

Bpr9tbDCIAEZ7Q6.jpg

Miyamoto be creeping. I gave him the goldy locks wig and he loves it!

Bpr962rCQAIH6Wo.jpg

Nikki is falling into the fountain lmao

And some good advice from my islanders:

Bpr-LA3CIAAySt3.jpg
Bpr-sQ7CEAAiSLn.jpg
Bpr-3-XCUAE_D5a.jpg

How do you turn the Miis into those little fairy things?

BooJoh

ufjF1eS.jpg

FYI, if you have editing permissions on a mii and you dye their hair, you can click Edit Mii and set their facial hair back to another (mii maker) color if you want. I just discovered this so I can't guarantee no side effects, but so far everything seems to be working normal and it didn't affect relationships or inventory, etc when I did it.

Just remember you'd most likely have to do this again if you dye their hair again and want to maintain different facial hair color.

Sorry if this has bern asked before but I only just got the game. What's the best place to get Mii QR codes for Nintendo characters/famous people?

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, Bish took Cooking Mama away from Shaq and now Obama is having a pity party for Shaq. Obama keeps rattling on and on as Shaq stares deeply at a shortcake.

MicH

Gah. I've failed at letting two proposals happen now :( I can't get the timing right! They keep thinking od something else immediately after :(

McNum

Luigi married Pinkie Pie. Weird Al, who just moved in, told Phoenix Wright to meet him on the roof to tell that Al would never reveal the truth about "that photo".

Just another day in Tomodachi Life.

pariah164

Katt and Pariah were discussing how cool Kamiya is :lol
I gave your Mii the witch outfit and she loved it :D
My double knows what's up.

Luigi married Pinkie Pie. Weird Al, who just moved in, told Phoenix Wright to meet him on the roof to tell that Al would never reveal the truth about "that photo".

Just another day in Tomodachi Life.
QR code for the Weird Al Mii please.

pariah164

Shaim and Chie Satonaka were having a terrible fight. Thankfully, Iwata stepped in, and now they are friends again~

Also, Katt asked out Luigi, and he said yes!

MicH

Just had my first marriage! Nikki proposed to Link and they got married :3 They then went to Australia on their honeymoon

Luigi also confessed his love for Maya (of Ace Attorney) and said she could have his box of tissues if she said yes.. which she did... hmm...

In other news, my dad finally became friends with my mom. Now he just need to break up with Christina Aguilera so they can start dating!

Top Bottom