• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What. The. Fuck.

Moments after I use the Age-o-matic on Nikki and import Josh Thomas from TheBitBlock, they hook up. I didn't think the banana suit would have helped his chances either...

Elfteiroh

What. The. Fuck.

Moments after I use the Age-o-matic on Nikki and import Josh Thomas from TheBitBlock, they hook up. I didn't think the banana suit would have helped his chances either...

My Josh got rejected by her. TWICE. The second time, she, in fact, didn't even show up. Damn it was hard to bring him back from that fall... o_O
But in other News, Waluigi married Peach... o_o Oh, And Luigi and Waluigi are both the most popular Miis on the Island. Go figure.

pariah164

Dang, Xaos is popular. Hanging out with Bri Bri, ChibiBecky, and Kathleen from LoadingReadyRun.

And I wanted to make the dream come true, but Bish got the jump on it.

EDIT: It's about time!

Ao8s6oA.jpg

zroid

Banned
My lookalike is the most charming Mii on the island, but also among the least popular

It's not easy being beautiful...

nikos

I plan on picking this up in the next couple of weeks but want to prepare. I currently have only two Miis created. What happens if I start the game this way? Are random Miis generated? I'm assuming all of the celebrities shown in trailers aren't actually part of the game. I do street pass a lot of people, if that helps. If necessary, I'll use QR to create a bunch of Miis before playing.

I plan on picking this up in the next couple of weeks but want to prepare. I currently have only two Miis created. What happens if I start the game this way? Are random Miis generated? I'm assuming all of the celebrities shown in trailers aren't actually part of the game. I do street pass a lot of people, if that helps. If necessary, I'll use QR to create a bunch of Miis before playing.
I haven't noticed anything about random Mii creation. You can import from your Mii Maker, QR codes (which is how you can optionally add the celebrities), or it will let you design a Mii in-game with the same tools as Mii Maker has. People move onto the island at your whim, so worst case scenario would be you get two people living on the island and they don't have much to do. More features unlock as more people arrive.

zroid

Banned

Tons of QR codes posted in this thread. Add us!

Then you can laugh at all the stupid shit our Miis do :lol

pariah164

Hey, does anyone know what happens to items you get from dreams, like the cane, and the box of matches? I don't see them in the items menu as options to give your Miis.

zroid

Banned
Hey, does anyone know what happens to items you get from dreams, like the cane, and the box of matches? I don't see them in the items menu as options to give your Miis.

Well I dunno if there's more to it, but you can sell them at the pawn shop...

Hideo Kojima asked to be turned into a child again and about 10 minutes after I did it he fell in love with Yotsuba, who is 6.
Creeeeeepy.

In other news, I married Nikki from Letterbox/Swapnote this morning.
Shinji Ikari was looking pissed off at the wedding.
She's mine now homie, back off!

Robin64

Last night was pretty cool. Opened the 3DS to see the night-time island, which is usually quiet, and could instead just hear baby screaming. Had to go to the house and babysit the little gal, which involved rocking my 3DS at just the right tempo to calm her down.

Robin64

A quick question, do married miis live together?

They do! Kinda. They get their own house on the hills to the right of the apartment and spend a lot of time together in there. They also sleep there.

But they also keep their separate apartments and still hide out there sometimes.

daydream

Banned
Picked up my copy of "Tamadochi Life" (what the clerk called it, the Tamagotchi reverberation was strong in that one lol). Gonna jump in later!

MrBS

MrsBS and I got our copies today. This game has life destroying obsession all over it. I've barely scratched the surface and I love it.

Oxirane

Can people make videos of the group concerts using the Giantbomb crew Miis? I think they'll make good dancing gifs/webms for future Giantbomb streams.

I've done 2, the Rap and Musical concerts without lyrics.
Musical
Rap

JavyOO7

Is there any way to change the items I give to people through street pass? I'm giving away a cave man suit but I want to give another item to people instead.

Robin64

Is there any way to change the items I give to people through street pass? I'm giving away a cave man suit but I want to give another item to people instead.

Pretty sure it said the decision is final. Other than wiping your game entirely, I guess.

McNum

Luigi broke a Pinkie Promise. RUN YOU GREEN FOOL!

Luigi and Pinkie are married, and all of a sudden, they both say they had a huge fight that's the other one's fault... while both are surrounded by big red flames and a heavy metal riff plays in their apartment.

Hitting "Make Up" doesn't do anything, they both insist they have nothing to apologize for. the game tells me to just back away slowly and let them cool off.

Oh dear. This could get ugly. ...yay! Drama time!

pariah164

Luigi broke a Pinkie Promise. RUN YOU GREEN FOOL!

Luigi and Pinkie are married, and all of a sudden, they both say they had a huge fight that's the other one's fault... while both are surrounded by big red flames and a heavy metal riff plays in their apartment.

Hitting "Make Up" doesn't do anything, they both insist they have nothing to apologize for. the game tells me to just back away slowly and let them cool off.

Oh dear. This could get ugly. ...yay! Drama time!
One of the other Miis may step up and play peacemaker. Don't lose hope! All will be well.

McNum

One of the other Miis may step up and play peacemaker. Don't lose hope! All will be well.
I just tried that. No use. No one breaks a Pinkie Promise!

Guess I'm about to find out if divorces are in the game...

EDIT: Guess divorce is in the game. But they decided to give it one last chance. If they get into all heavy metal fight again, I don't think it'll work out quite as well...

TheGrue

So why is Shaun White the only celebrity from the official site with a birth year filled out? I wish I could edit these after the fact and put them in.

daydream

Banned
Glad to see you made the purchase after trying the demo!

Yeah, in hindsight, it was not a very good demo, haha. Would have been fine for a free-for-all eShop thing but given that they made a semi-big deal out of it with the codes and everything, it should have been more meaty, for sure.

Then again, it gave me a basic idea of the gameplay which was what I was looking for.

Won't be importing my save since I'm aiming for a different personality for my Mii. :p

Edit: I already shared my two codes so I'm hoping that at least one purchase of the full version will come out of it!

BooJoh

Yeah, in hindsight, it was not a very good demo, haha. Would have been fine for a free-for-all eShop thing but given that they made a semi-big deal out of it with the codes and everything, it should have been more meaty, for sure.

Then again, it gave me a basic idea of the gameplay which was what I was looking for.

Won't be importing my save since I'm aiming for a different personality for my Mii. :p

Edit: I already shared my two codes so I'm hoping that at least one purchase of the full version will come out of it!

You can actually edit a Mii's personality after importing them by clicking Edit Mii in their apartment.

pariah164

Pff-

John TV fell for Paritan. Told him not to do it since she's taken. Now he's sad.

Time to stuff him with tacos till he feels better...

I'm fine with Tomodachi Life not having same-sex relations, but there are two things that result from its lack that are problematic for me: content is locked until you have a certain number of female island residents. What if I don't want to have any?

Second, if I do add female residents to my island, I keep having to tell them not to fall in love with my dudes. Feels bad. :(

(I'm enjoying the game, I don't hold it against it for being designed how it is. Just making an observation on how, as a gay man, the game can be kind of weird when it has mechanics locked into such a limited system).

Rocky

Banned
This may be a bit of mood whiplash, but Mama proposed to Bill and the resulting wedding was adorable.

gbBtigW.jpg

They're so happy!

Man, my island just had a second wedding on the island and my own Mii, who hooked up on the first day hasn't tried to propose or had a proposal from his sweetheart yet. What the heck could they be waiting for???

Labrys

I'm fine with Tomodachi Life not having same-sex relations, but there are two things that result from its lack that are problematic for me: content is locked until you have a certain number of female island residents. What if I don't want to have any?

Second, if I do add female residents to my island, I keep having to tell them not to fall in love with my dudes. Feels bad. :(

(I'm enjoying the game, I don't hold it against it for being designed how it is. Just making an observation on how, as a gay man, the game can be kind of weird when it has mechanics locked into such a limited system).

Yeah, i've been dealing with that too. I just managed to do the whole gender system breaking thing to help ease it, I just have to mentally replace "she" with "he". And refresh backup dancers in case they show up, since they'd be in incorrect clothing.

Top Bottom