• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

kubus

Yeah QR codes are sorta regionlocked. If you import a mii from a different region you won't get the items that come with them. :(

I'm surprised the game allows for a Mii named Panty, anyway. I almost want to add her just for the conversations that will happen about her.

As if the game needs to become more bizarre.

This is pretty much why I grabbed the group of them without having a clue who they were

Hum, seems that it's true then, guess the game can't reference the item database generated for the NA game, so NA Tomodachi Mii's pop on over with nothin' but the basics on an EU game and vice-versa. That's a shame

Rocky

Banned
After my Mii's sweetheart Jenna finally proposed last night after almost a week, I have 3 happy marriages going on my island.

My first marriage was Miyamoto and Christina Aguilera (weird couple lol), and my second was Zee and Debby Ryan, and those two are now planning a baby hehe.

The only dramas I've had with relationships so far are discouraging some of the Mii's from going for Mii's who are taken. No one has interrupted confessions or proposals yet though.

The creepiest thing I had to break up was my niece and nephew's Mii's having feelings for each other (and they are brother and sister in RL). Thankfully, they have both moved on haha.

B00TE

Just bought the game myself. Imported my move-in data and the first thing that happened was Nikki asking my double out, he gave a very monotone "sure". This game is silly. Time to start adding Mii's!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any reason not to just give everyone pancakes and soda? It fills them up to full and everyone seems to love them.

Mmmmmm. Pancakes.

MicH

The Phoenix Wright I scanned wore his blue suit. I didn't have that yet. Also, ChibiBecky's disco room which I didn't have unlocked

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, I got everything from the Stocking dress version. No stock in stores though, which is a huge shucks since the dress is gorgeous.

FaintDeftone

So I've been incredibly on the fence on buying this game. The reviews have me shying away from it but the impression I'm getting from GAF is that it's a solid time killer. Anybody have a demo voucher left they can throw at me? That may sway my opinion.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Panty & Stocking

PantyStocking.jpg

Needs hair dye~

BooJoh

I actually had Einstein tell me he had feelings for a friend of mine (they're already best friends,) but he didn't confess yet. Mere hours later he said he wanted to set her up with the caveman.

Is there any reason not to just give everyone pancakes and soda? It fills them up to full and everyone seems to love them.

Mmmmmm. Pancakes.

Well it's fun to find their all-time favorite food, which also give them more happiness. Gordon Freeman is simply over the moon for Grapefruit in my game.

Robin64

Huh?

What is the reason for them to do this? What exactly are Nintendo trying to accomplish?

I'm guessing it's because our databases are wildly different. Even for items that the games both share, the actual position of them in the catalogue is different. I was comparing with a friend over chat and it was quite surprising. Descriptions for everything are completely rewritten, too. (The British ones seemed funnier, as an aside)

So I imagine that the QR codes are saying "16" in the part the game knows as clothing, but with 16 being different in both, you'd end up with something like a Mii dressed as a boxer rather than a goth. In which case, it's safer to remove those things entirely.

Still, a bit of a bummer.

I've played for about 11 hours and am enjoying it a lot. I added a lot of people from real life, anime, and video games and the interactions have been funny.

No one has even entertained the idea of dating someone though. I'm wondering if there is something I need to do to get the ball rolling between Miis or do I just have bad luck?

dyreschlock

I don't think this was already posted, but if you guys are looking for a bunch of special miis to add to your Tomodachi Life game, Nintendo of Japan released a "Fashion Catalog" as a gift through their Club Nintendo service. Inside is QR Codes for 23 Miis based on Japanese celebrities (I'm guessing.)

This website scanned all those pages so you can import them into your game.
http://channel8083.blog.jp/archives/4461386.html

Even though they're for the Japanese game, you can still import them. Each Mii has gold pants. But I really have no idea who they are. Plus, their names are written in hiragana, which the NA game won't pronounce.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I don't think this was already posted, but if you guys are looking for a bunch of special miis to add to your Tomodachi Life game, Nintendo of Japan released a "Fashion Catalog" as a gift through their Club Nintendo service. Inside is QR Codes for 23 Miis based on Japanese celebrities (I'm guessing.)

This website scanned all those pages so you can import them into your game.
http://channel8083.blog.jp/archives/4461386.html

Even though they're for the Japanese game, you can still import them. Each Mii has gold pants. But I really have no idea who they are. Plus, their names are written in hiragana, which the NA game won't pronounce.

That's cool, like you said though, the game does not even bother pronouncing their names, and you can't edit the miis, that kinda sucks.

STG

That's cool, like you said though, the game does not even bother pronouncing their names, and you can't edit the miis, that kinda sucks.

But you can edit the pronunciation of the names when you click on the little speaker icon beside the name, I pretty much only have Japanese imported Miis and it works pretty good if you fiddle around a bit.

MicH

YESSS! My lookalike was selling steak at the fountain today! Nice, cheap steak! I've been waiting to unlock this. I promptly bought 35 steaks sbd fed everyone. They all liked it or really liked it!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
But you can edit the pronunciation of the names when you click on the little speaker icon beside the name, I pretty much only have Japanese imported Miis and it works pretty good if you fiddle around a bit.

I know what you mean, but this was addressed when I said you cannot edit the mii. Apparently wiith these special gold qr tomodachi codes, you are unable to edit them (includes pronunciation).

JC Lately

I could have swore that there was. Dexter Morgan QR code in this thread, but I can't seem to find it.

I need some more dudes on my island. I've got a regular -- um -- whatever the opposite of a sausage fest is called -- happening over here. I plan of adding the Mane6 and Panty and Stocking later so I need some dude to balance out the ratio.

pariah164

I could have swore that there was. Dexter Morgan QR code in this thread, but I can't seem to find it.

I need some more dudes on my island. I've got a regular -- um -- whatever the opposite of a sausage fest is called -- happening over here. I plan of adding the Mane6 and Panty and Stocking later so I need some dude to balance out the ratio.
The word you are looking for is clambake.

I need more females, so I know your dilemma.

McNum

AHA! I managed to stump the voice engine.

Everyone, meet your new neighbor. "Gyybroosh Tripwood". Wait, no. "Guy brush" "Threep wood". That was particularly mean of me, though.

Nothing much is happening right now, though. Seems like the game is building up to something. Maybe I should add a new pile of Miis. Up to 24 right now. And a baby.

Top Bottom