• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

-Horizon-

So yesterday was the fourth anniversary of my older brother's death and we were all, understandably, bummed. But an idea suddenly came to me that night and I figured it'd be a fitting way to round out the day.

HNI_0077.jpg

I decided to add him as an apartment tenant! It took a lot of effort to get his face just right: I used the 3DS camera to take snapshots of his various Facebook photos and the results typically ranged from hilariously unfitting to just plain creepy. I finally found the perfect head shape, then moved on to endlessly tinkering with the options of which eyebrows to use, which hairstyle wouldn't cover his forehead (he had short hair), which smile looked the cockiest...I'm still not totally satisfied, but regardless, he came out looking like the smartass he was, so I think I'll stick with it.

HNI_0079.jpg

I can't wait to see what wacky hijinks he and I will be up to on Kinopio Island, but for now, have a good night's rest. :)
Aww man, glad to know that the game can turn what was a bleak anniversary for you into something better to remember him with :')

DagsJT

Really not sure on this. I've put in a ton of time and all I seem to do is fire it up to solve a few problems, play a few games, buy items. Rinse and repeat. There's really not much to this whatsoever and it's a bit shallow... But I keep coming back to collect more items!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Got my first letter from my second child two days after her departure. My first daughter must have fallen into oblivion. RIP.

Really not sure on this. I've put in a ton of time and all I seem to do is fire it up to solve a few problems, play a few games, buy items. Rinse and repeat. There's really not much to this whatsoever and it's a bit shallow... But I keep coming back to collect more items!

I am in the same boat. I have done all there is to do, including sending myself to the moon, but yet, I keep coming back. I am kind of frustrated that it's the same thing over and over again. I know why I come back and that is because I'm greedy and want to see what new items I can buy.

I do have awesome people in my apartment complex, including Regginator, Shiggy (who married Bjork), and Iwata. I also included Yosp, Adam Boyes, and Kaz...because I can!

Here is Hideki Kamiya in my game.

i8VzsPI.jpg

Kuntz

Hmmm after 3-4 kids from the same parents they tend to be very similar, face-wise, does it happen for you too or my Hitler and Queen Elisabeth decided to produce clones?

-Horizon-

I made a Cynthia from FEA mii and gave her one of those boxing things. Hilariously accurate when she's quickly going to town on it.

I need to go make the whole cast. So many Miis I need to make in general.

Zing

Banned
I just got this game after playing the demo for a bit. I have my four family members entered. Now, time to take photos of celebrities or scan some qr codes. :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I need to think of more Mii to make. Want to try to stick to real people rather than fictional ones first. Mostly because Miis are a caricature designer and it's not that easy to design a caricature of a cartoon character.

You guys, I desperately need your help. Does anyone, at any point in the game say "horse potatoes"? As in, "Oh, horse potatoes," or "That's horse potatoes!" The phrase has been stuck in my head and I have no idea where it came from, only some vague memory of it being in some video game, spoken, and not by a human voice.

rdaneel72

You guys, I desperately need your help. Does anyone, at any point in the game say "horse potatoes"? As in, "Oh, horse potatoes," or "That's horse potatoes!" The phrase has been stuck in my head and I have no idea where it came from, only some vague memory of it being in some video game, spoken, and not by a human voice.

It happens in the chat sessions in the cafe. One of the Miis says some rumor going around is a load of horse potatoes.

daydream

Banned
I got the system notification for the new Spotpass item but it doesn't show up in-game. Tried checking for new items via Town Hall but nope.

Any ideas?

-Horizon-

I do not think I have gotten any street pass notification about a special hibiscus yet.

The current special item for me, the aloha shirt, lasts until 8/31 so I'm not sure what to say. Of course this is the US version so I'm not sure if any other regions are getting different stuff or not.

daydream

Banned
I do not think I have gotten any street pass notification about a special hibiscus yet.

The current special item for me, the aloha shirt, lasts until 8/31 so I'm not sure what to say. Of course this is the US version so I'm not sure if any other regions are getting different stuff or not.

EU gets different items. This seems to be a EU-related problem.

HawthorneKitty

Holy crud, got a $5000 Royal Costume out of the night market; thought it would cost more than the Jewel Dress though.

So this game's been out for a little while now... how are your albums coming along?
I'm at:

Food - 219 / 231
Clothes - 286 / 415
Hats - 131 / 153
Interiors - 93 / 103
Goods - 18 / 18
Treasures - 152 / 152
Special Products - 16 / 48

I ignored colours because only a crazy person would try and unlock all of the colours.....

(Clothes: 962 / 3240 - Hats: 520 / 1080)

Oh, I fed my personal Mii all 200+ foods so far, even including the Ruined Meal and Mouldy Bread and stuff. He's level 71 now :lol

Seigyoku

Food: 215/231
Clothes: 292/413 (1168/3229) - haven't gotten ANY wedding dresses, two Jeweled Dresses and seven space suit colors.
Hats:119/153 (525/1082)
Interiors: 92/102 (Gold interior is there just mocking me)
Treasures: 151/152 (PACKET OF TISSUES orz)
Special Foods: 8/48

Think the vast majority of my missing interiors at this point are the monthlies.

Zing

Banned
I couldn't figure out how to get the spotpass items. Turns out you don't get that stuff until your dock opens. I haven't played much since the first day, but I played quite a bit today. I added Eminem and Dr. Dre to my town, as well as Michael Jordan and Jerry Seinfeld. I'm trying to think of other people I want to add. I make them myself using a photo. I'm sticking to real people.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Tomodachi never gets old. Here's my super final updated character for you guys.
All two of you who will ever download me. I live in an arcade and say "Can you dig it?" with a little dance. It's cute, trust me.

m4pLby3.jpg

I also made the world's easiest GIF.

6opokCd.gif

HawthorneKitty

GOD DAMN IT!
I got a Jewel Dress from the Night Market, but it was the same color I bought. Potential 10k lost.

Zing

Banned
Today, I added the entirety of the Spice Girls. I've been trying to only add people of whom I am decently familiar. I was struggling to think of more women to add, and my girlfriend suggested them. It was a great idea, and I have always been a fan. :)

Next to add: Jeff Probst.

krumble

Today, I added the entirety of the Spice Girls. I've been trying to only add people of whom I am decently familiar. I was struggling to think of more women to add, and my girlfriend suggested them. It was a great idea, and I have always been a fan. :)

Next to add: Jeff Probst.

Do you have Tamodachi QR codes for them please :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I found the Uncle Sam outfit in my regular clothes store. So the spotpass items in one region can be regular outfits in another?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Just started playing the demo for this game and it was pretty fun. I am contemplating on buying this game but I've noticed the GAF community doesn't seem very active. Should I be concerned that people maybe aren't playing this game any more after a few months being released?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody ever stops playing Tomodachi Life. So easy to boot up and just do random goofy stuff.

-Horizon-

Just started playing the demo for this game and it was pretty fun. I am contemplating on buying this game but I've noticed the GAF community doesn't seem very active. Should I be concerned that people maybe aren't playing this game any more after a few months being released?

Lots of collectables in it. Seeing that I have x amount of a possible full y forces me to turn on the game every time. And at that point, I just keep playing other stuff in the game as well.

daydream

Banned

There's no multiplayer component so there's nothing to miss out on (except an interesting and charming game!). I'm still playing daily, checking for new stuff and whatnot. I've been taking it way slower than the rest of TomodachiGAF, also.

daydream

Banned
I was just adding new characters when all of a sudden, the game crashed on me.

60 Miis down the drain.

Fuck my
Tomodachi
life.

Top Bottom