• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

K-A-Deman

I'm on my fifth child and I STILL don't get this Damn rocking minigame. Please tell me that not bothering with it won't negatively impact the mother and father. I can do any other game with few issues, but the Rocking minigame is IMPOSSIBLE.

d+pad

I'm on my fifth child and I STILL don't get this Damn rocking minigame. Please tell me that not bothering with it won't negatively impact the mother and father. I can do any other game with few issues, but the Rocking minigame is IMPOSSIBLE.

I feel for you, K-A-Deman, as I struggled with this one for ages, too. In the end, I've found that the best way to handle it is to hold your 3DS in two hands (as you normally do, I'm guessing) and just sway it to the left and to the right, with a slight downward dip in the middle. Basically, try to imagine you're actually rocking a baby. Kind of. Anyway, that method has worked for me -- although I'm glad to say I haven't been asked to make use of it in a while!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I feel for you, K-A-Deman, as I struggled with this one for ages, too. In the end, I've found that the best way to handle it is to hold your 3DS in two hands (as you normally do, I'm guessing) and just sway it to the left and to the right, with a slight downward dip in the middle. Basically, try to imagine you're actually rocking a baby. Kind of. Anyway, that method has worked for me -- although I'm glad to say I haven't been asked to make use of it in a while!
Oh... it's left and right? I always did forward and backward with two fingers holding the system... maybe that's why I get like a 50% chance of success.

zroid

Banned
I feel like I've tried everything and none of it works consistently, lol. One time I even just put the 3DS flat on a table and that worked. :C

DagsJT

Feel free to add me to your islands:

10426821_10152535271316041_1651546815670034804_n.jpg

DooD1234

So how is this game? Was thinking of grabbing this during Bestbuy 3DS sale along with Kirby. From what I play from the demo, it seem like a game you watch your Miis do things than tell them what to do. Some of the scenes I seen online seems weird yet funny. The thing I most worry about is how does this game hold your interest becuz I kind of got bored from animal crossing doing menial tasks.

Lol, looking at some of the pictures you guys are posting is making laugh, it looking like fanfiction some of them.

K-A-Deman

I'll have to give that A try the next time it pops up, thanks for the advice.

In other news, Nigel Thornberry tried to declare his love to 5-Volt but was Interrupted.

The Romance of 5-Volt

So how is this game? Was thinking of grabbing this during Bestbuy 3DS sale along with Kirby. From what I play from the demo, it seem like a game you watch your Miis do things than tell them what to do. Some of the scenes I seen online seems weird yet funny. The thing I most worry about is how does this game hold your interest becuz I kind of got bored from animal crossing doing menial tasks.

Lol, looking at some of the pictures you guys are posting is making laugh, it looking like fanfiction some of them.

I'll be buying that combo, too, but I'm not concerned about menial tasks! I'm hoping the content can hold me like AC.

And, with same-sex couples!

I hope so. I caved in after all of my kicking and screaming about not buying it because of the exclusion in the hopes that my support would lead to a positive change.
Plus the game looked fun and I'm super weak.

I might possibly be a gay lucky charm, though. I came to Key West on Sunday of last week and within a few days a judge declared the ban on equality to be unconstitutional so hopefully my magic luck will work on the game, too.

It's hard to explain. It will interest you if you like Animal Crossing, but it's not really the same thing so if you hated AC...you still might like it. I'd say that a bogo sale is a good place to buy it paired with a more "active" game like Kirby. That way, you can relax with your Miis when you want and go conquer Kirby's world when you're feeling more adventurous :)

If anything, try the demo and see what's up.

maxcriden

I hope so. I caved in after all of my kicking and screaming about not buying it because of the exclusion in the hopes that my support would lead to a positive change.
Plus the game looked fun and I'm super weak.

I might possibly be a gay lucky charm, though. I came to Key West on Sunday of last week and within a few days a judge declared the ban on equality to be unconstitutional so hopefully my magic luck will work on the game, too.

Waylon Drums
Gay Lucky Charm
(Today, 01:50 PM)

That'd be an awesome tag! Haha.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you're digging the game. I'm not much into life sims but pretty much any time an offbeat, quirky game lights up the sales charts I'm happy.

Marjar

Banned
Bought this yesterday after seeing Vinesauce's videos of it. This game is hilarious lol.

It's impossible to not make horrifically dirty lyrics with the songs.

daydream

Banned
Finally added some more Miis, a lot of them from this thread, so thanks to the creators!

I also found this PaRappa on tumblr, lol.

tumblr_n81mv2PA7y1tepq5po2_400.jpg

zroid

Banned
One of the stupid little details that I love is how the eating sound effects actually vaguely resemble the sound it would make to eat that particular thing. Popcorn always makes me laugh.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Finally added some more Miis, a lot of them from this thread, so thanks to the creators!

I also found this PaRappa on tumblr, lol.

tumblr_n81mv2PA7y1tepq5po2_400.jpg

PaRappa crashed my game the first time I scanned him.

bkaClPs.jpg

It just froze on his jumping animation for 30 seconds and the game crashed. What.

I JUST GOTTA BELIEEEEEEEEEEVE

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That's strange, Diggeh. Are you playing a digital or physical copy?

Hope it worked the second time. Have you tried again?

Physical. He worked a second time, but I put him in prison just to be safe.

HE'LL BE SINGING A DIFFERENT TUNE FROM NOW ON

Rasec

silly question but how the heck does that trick show thing works?

it says to push your hands towards the upper screen but i tried everything and can't seem to work it out.

d+pad

Hello again. So, I've had to do this a LOT in the last few days (a good number of my islanders pushed out babies--ha ha!), and that made me realize my last suggestion was wrong. What's worked best for me is to move the 3DS up and down--as in, literally raise it up, then lower it in a straight line, then lift it up again--in a smooth, but fairly quick, manner. Raise and lower the system enough so that the arms on screen (and the baby) visibly are moving up and down as well. This is the only thing that's consistently worked for me (as in, 5 out of 6 times in the last few days). Hope that helps!

K-A-Deman

Hello again. So, I've had to do this a LOT in the last few days (a good number of my islanders pushed out babies--ha ha!), and that made me realize my last suggestion was wrong. What's worked best for me is to move the 3DS up and down--as in, literally raise it up, then lower it in a straight line, then lift it up again--in a smooth, but fairly quick, manner. Raise and lower the system enough so that the arms on screen (and the baby) visibly are moving up and down as well. This is the only thing that's consistently worked for me (as in, 5 out of 6 times in the last few days). Hope that helps!

Sounds good, I'll try it next time.

Clov

If a Mii has a fight with another Mii, and the other Mii is "still not over it", is there any way for them to become friends again?

zroid

Banned
If a Mii has a fight with another Mii, and the other Mii is "still not over it", is there any way for them to become friends again?

yeah eventually the Mii who's not over it will tell you he wants to resolve the fight.

I'm not sure whether you need to bring the other Mii's sadness down to 0 first, I've always just done it anyway.

Clov

yeah eventually the Mii who's not over it will tell you he wants to resolve the fight.

I'm not sure whether you need to bring the other Mii's sadness down to 0 first, I've always just done it anyway.

Guess it's just a matter of waiting, then!

Wrathie83

Neo Member
Where is this displayed in the game?
It's when my miis have levelled up and you have a choice to give them clothes/hats/gifts/songs/rooms..etc.. You click on say clothes for example and select an outfit, well it's next to the description on the top screen.

BooJoh

It's when my miis have levelled up and you have a choice to give them clothes/hats/gifts/songs/rooms..etc.. You click on say clothes for example and select an outfit, well it's next to the description on the top screen.

It seems to just be the icon for giving someone a level up reward. For regular gifting it shows a gift box.

Top Bottom