• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life |OT| Please don't try to understand

-Horizon-

Got the game a couple days ago, finally put down ALBW to play it more in depth. I made my Lucina mii wear a maid outfit and sing a techno song. My life is almost complete.

Rasec

Hmmm yesterday was the first day I haven't played and I have no desire to do so today either.

What's happening to me!?

Same is happening to me also but it might be because i got wonderful 101 for my wii u xD

I guess tomodachi it's a game i was full on it the first week and now i see myself playing it when i'm more bored.

zroid

Banned
OH I forgot to mention... I am pretty sure I got a Tomodachi StreetPass from a relay today. I can't freakin' believe it. Don't know why suddenly it's happening now, but I'm tempted to go relay hopping just to see if it's working everywhere or just that one hotspot.

Hmmm yesterday was the first day I haven't played and I have no desire to do so today either.

What's happening to me!?

Yeah lol it's a bit easier to go cold turkey unlike with, say, Animal Crossing, since it doesn't really have hooks to keep you from abandoning your Miis for any length of time. I have sort of stopped playing but it's not so much because I'm bored, rather it was just taking up too much of my gaming time, and I wanted to play other stuff. :p

celebi23

Here's Commander Keen I've been working on:
zlCfzSNK5cMlr-oVvG

daydream

Banned
^Cool, I'll import him right now.

Had a funny moment where Aonuma wanted me to look inside his head. Turns out even in Tomodachi Life he's thinking about puzzles, haha (found a puzzle piece inside).

Also, his catchphrase is this.

kubus

^Cool, I'll import him right now.

Had a funny moment where Aonuma wanted me to look inside his head. Turns out even in Tomodachi Life he's thinking about puzzles, haha (found a puzzle piece inside).

Also, his catchphrase is this.
LOL! I wasn't sure what to put as his catchphrase, but this has given me inspiration.

I always get caught offguard when my Miis use their catchphrases and everytime it happens it's hilarious.

This one time Kamiya was talking on his mobile phone and he suddenly casually said "Do you eat shit". Almost spit out my drink.

JC Lately

Hey GAF, quick question:

My wife wants to play this game, and we only have one 3DS. Since I bought the digital version, she could buy and play the physical version on my 3ds and it would keep our saves separate, right?

zroid

Banned
Hey GAF, quick question:

My wife wants to play this game, and we only have one 3DS. Since I bought the digital version, she could buy and play the physical version on my 3ds and it would keep our saves separate, right?

Yes, saves for physical games are saved on the card. You actually need to use the save transfer utility to use your physical game saves with digital copies.

(On Wii U the save file for retail and digital copies of the same game are identical)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally got this game as Nintendo had a special offer at their stand at Hyper Japan. Was in fact the first person to buy it today.

I finally got the game last night and have been playing it almost nonstop. Just had my first proposal a few minutes ago.
It was me and my real-life girlfriend!
It was quite tense but also a very enjoyable scene. Still get the feeling I can keep coming back to it too, which is very nice.

Has anyone ever found the
Nintendo
Interior? I want it so badly for my Mii and my apartment store hasn't had any new stock in like a week. :/

Yay finally got all the treasures!
Here's a list of all the location based ones, incase it helps anybody...

Africa - desert sand
America - home run baseball
Australia - kangaroo warning sign
Cambodia - krama headscarf
China - panda toy
France - fancy soap
Germany - piece of berlin wall
Hawaii - keyring
Japan - folding fan
Peru - pan pipes
Space - martian rock
Switzerland - cowbell
Tahiti - shell necklace

daydream

Banned
Samus getting rejected left and right. Not even Octodad wanted her. Guess a fallen idol is not that attractive.. :(

A ticket to America helped her get over it, though.

My wife is obsessed. Some of the voices are broken/crackly, does anyone know of a fix for that? Is there a slider in particular that causes this? Can barely understand people. Thanks!

zroid

Banned
My wife is obsessed. Some of the voices are broken/crackly, does anyone know of a fix for that? Is there a slider in particular that causes this? Can barely understand people. Thanks!

not sure if there's a specific slider... but certain combinations can cause that

I dunno, if you just play around with it a little bit, it's pretty easy to fix

BooJoh

Does food spoil in this game or something? I was feeding one of my Miis and realized I have 99 of something called "Ruined Meal" or something like that. I don't recall seeing it before today.

And the birthday event is neat. Also on any Mii's birthday when the news story runs, make sure to try blowing on the mic.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
When does new dlc stuff show up? I don't have anything new in my import shop or anything.
I believe it should have come on the first? I didn't have Wi-fi on at that day though; if you're still not getting anything, force the check through your town hall.

Rocky

Banned
I believe it should have come on the first? I didn't have Wi-fi on at that day though; if you're still not getting anything, force the check through your town hall.

Yeah, did a force check and got it. Is it only supposed to show the male version of the bathing suit in the import shop? Because I don't see a female version (bikini), anywhere.

-Horizon-

Yeah, did a force check and got it. Is it only supposed to show the male version of the bathing suit in the import shop? Because I don't see a female version (bikini), anywhere.

When you give it to a female character, it becomes a bikini. Don't worry about only seeing the male one for sale.

Tenumi

Banned

When you give it to a female character, it becomes a bikini. Don't worry about only seeing the male one for sale.

I see the female bathing suit in the store. Perhaps it depends on the User's Lookalike?

clem84

Gold Member
Just bought the game today and I'm about to start playing it. I have a question. This game uses your Mii as a character right? I'm just wondering. I have 3 3DSs and I was planning on starting to play on my 2DS, then put the cart in my 3DSXL to bring it to work. Since there are different Miis on those 2 systems, is this going to screw up my game?

-Horizon-

sorry guys, you can't give a male swimsuit to your favourite female Mii
So close!

I see the female bathing suit in the store. Perhaps it depends on the User's Lookalike?
Maybe. My mii in game is male so I saw a pair of swim shorts at the import store. I bought two. Gave one to my mii and another to a female character and it turned into a bikini. *shrugs*

Just bought the game today and I'm about to start playing it. I have a question. This game uses your Mii as a character right? I'm just wondering. I have 3 3DSs and I was planning on starting to play on my 2DS, then put the cart in my 3DSXL to bring it to work. Since there are different Miis on those 2 systems, is this going to screw up my game?
Yes, your mii is a separate uncontrollable character in the game. You (the player) will be seen by the other miis (including your own) in game as X's look-a-like.

And I'm not sure about your second question about using your game in a different system. I know that you transfer your mii into the game itself from mii maker for example. I do not know though if that data is saved onto the game cart or onto the SD card. Maybe someone else will know exactly.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Do not play on 2 different systems; the characters that are in your game will be fine, but the time/date is drawn from the system the game started on. You will be penalized with 24+ hours of stores not receiving new items.

daydream

Banned
I haven't touched this game in a month. I am now suffering almost AC-level anxiety just THINKING about launching it again.

Hm, why? It's not like there's anything that gets messed up during your absence like in AC. If you fire it up again, I'd be curious to know if you missed out on the Spotpass items or not. Because that bugs the hell out of me in AC (unless you can get the monthly items in AC if you didn't order them the first time?).

Crazyorloco

Just got the game. It's charming. I haven't played much...But when I stop I keep thinking about it. I want to add more people and see what happens. I do hope there's more meat to the game. Animal crossing has tons to do, I hope it has about the same amount of content.

I like creating songs. It a fun.

Robin64

Been a long time since I really played this. I'll grab my SpotPass items when the blue light tells me to (sometimes thats updates from travellers) but that's it.

kubus

My Mii absolutely despises fried seafood.

B-but.. seafood's the best. :(

This is not working out!
Yakitori is my favourite food irl and I was overly delighted to see it was put in the game. When I gave it to my mii, she "thought it was okay".

WTF MII YOU SHOULD BE BREAKDANCING.

So yesterday was the fourth anniversary of my older brother's death and we were all, understandably, bummed. But an idea suddenly came to me that night and I figured it'd be a fitting way to round out the day.

HNI_0077.jpg

I decided to add him as an apartment tenant! It took a lot of effort to get his face just right: I used the 3DS camera to take snapshots of his various Facebook photos and the results typically ranged from hilariously unfitting to just plain creepy. I finally found the perfect head shape, then moved on to endlessly tinkering with the options of which eyebrows to use, which hairstyle wouldn't cover his forehead (he had short hair), which smile looked the cockiest...I'm still not totally satisfied, but regardless, he came out looking like the smartass he was, so I think I'll stick with it.

HNI_0079.jpg

I can't wait to see what wacky hijinks he and I will be up to on Kinopio Island, but for now, have a good night's rest. :)

Top Bottom