• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

bathala

Banned
Denis Dyack said:
I borrowed you avatar wayward - hope that is cool :)
i think u have to pay him some royalties
19px-SMocking.gif
or some Too Human loot

Lebron

Weird, kind of shrugged the game off after I played the demo around E3 a few times. Just wasn't working for me. However, for some reason I booted it up earlier today, and well, everything clicked(for the most part). I still have my gripes with some things, but whatever, don't really care anymore. I'll be picking it up from my work(Fry's Electronics) on Wednesday, and it's on sale for $50 too :)

also, after I got the sliding down and took out 15+ goblins which seemed like mere seconds, I was like, "oh yeah, purchase back on". I mean before I didn't really care for the sliding mechanic when I saw it in prior videos, and even when I played it a month ago(probably because I sucked). Weird, oh well, bring on Wednesday!

purg3

slept with Malkin
sevenchaos said:
This will hopefully solve the avatar problem.

1faa0n.jpg

:lol Awesome.

Anticipation rising, only a few more days. I can't wait to play some co-op, only thing is I can't decide which class to go with.

bathala

Banned
well i started playing again (second try).
i picked commando so i have to keep mashing those triggers. fingers r getting tired. i see the point of stick melee

sevenchaos said:
This will hopefully solve the avatar problem.

1faa0n.jpg

Edit: BTW can we download the pre-order bonus yet? I'm afraid to redeem my code.

Tried to use the code and it said invalid. Upon closer inspection to the bonus card it states : "Game content available when the game is available"

So looks like you can't use them till the game is out.

p3tran

Banned
Danthrax said:
Read the OP, release dates are under "Vital Stats."

so August 29th it is!

p.s.
nice to see a solid thread about TH. usualy I'd skip reading an entire TH thread, for the usual reasons..
thx

voltron

So I cant get the demo glitch to work. I put the date to 2019 and started the demo but no go. Im jamming the left thumbstick and A but to no avail.

Xenon

me said:
Go to one of the locked characters, tap toward one of the unlocked characters*, then a split second after hit the A button. You have to hit it before the camera starts to move to the next character. Its easy once you figure it out and saves you from having to deal with changing your date.

*to the right if selecting Bioengineer which would bring you to the Berserker

I posted this in the judgement thread. Getting the bioengineer takes a few times but it can be done.

Searched and didn't find any results; 1UP's review is up, C-. Seems to er on the side of controversial, what with starting saying "Too Human is not a good role playing game." and then continuing through the rest of the review mostly pointing out the shit parts. Granted, a C- is a fairly average score and is sort of what I expected for the game, but the way the review is written does not make it sound like an average game, and it's quite tiny as well. I expected better from 1UP.

It sucks that I am gonna have to only rent Too Human for the time being, I wish I had the money to buy it. :(
Either way, I can't freakin wait to play it.:D

FrankT

I thought reviews were embargoed until tomorrow maybe that is Blim's time or something. I suppose not as that is the second one I've seen this morning. The 1up review I pretty much expected at that level.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Everyone should know by now the game is not gonna review well overall. It's THE hate it love it game if I ever saw one. There are those that love the demo and those that absolutely hate it. The same will go for reviews.

DD, when can we see TH2? could we see the next parts to the story as DLC? or will you wait to 'correct' what reviewers believe is at fault with the game systems?
Or shall you wait to see what the player response is?

Would you be looking at a Q3 2009 relase date for TH2?

jmdajr

Peronthious said:
Giancarlo Varanini, from what I can see on his blog page this is his fist review.

:lol :lol :lol

Damn they were all too afraid to insult Dennis!

Poor guy, they put the burden all on him.

FrankT

Templar Wizard said:
DD, when can we see TH2? could we see the next parts to the story as DLC? or will you wait to 'correct' what reviewers believe is at fault with the game systems?
Or shall you wait to see what the player response is?

Would you be looking at a Q3 2009 relase date for TH2?

Denis Dyack said:
:) :) :) There will be - 2 in fact. Discovery->Revenge->Enlightenment :D

I can assume the revenge angle is a bit more clear to you after finishing :)

Well from this earlier posting in response to the follow-ups it sounds like the main story line will play out over the trilogy in each outing.

Truant

That review sucked. I mean, I could have written it, and I'm the worst writer GAF has ever seen.

Still, C- or not, I'm getting it.

FoeHammer

Francias Castiglione said:
Not a great review in any respect.

Giancarlo Varanini (?)

It's a shame about the reviews so far. I respect their opinions, but I've enjoyed what I've played out of the demo so far. I'm pretty pumped up for tomorrow (or Wednesday).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
There's absolutely no reason why a game released in 2008 should have a bug where characters can fall through solid ground and into some pseudoabyss.

So how much pressure was there to release this game Denis?

Doel

I think reviews are going to be all over the place for this one. From my experience with the demo, it really feels like a love it or hate it game. And I really did not enjoy the demo while other people seemed to have loved it. The game just isn't for me, and there are going to be reviews from that perspective and reviews from the perspective of people that are into it.

eznark

Banned
I respect farming out the review (if that is what they did) or giving it to a new-ish guy. Everyone else at 1up seemed pretty close to Dennis.

Truant

sp0rsk said:
So how much pressure was there to release this game Denis?

100$ worth.

Age of Conan had world holes. That game sucks so much I can't believe my computer is still intact.

Not only is the review short but it also makes some ridiculous complaints about the controls.

Attempting fancy aerial attacks exposes just how inadequate and unresponsive this control method is -- you repeatedly swing at nothing but air in midjump.

This stopped happening to me on my first play through of the demo.

And it's especially irritating when -- even after letting go of the trigger and pressing it back down to lock onto a new target -- guns continue to lock onto an enemy that's already dead.

Flicking the right stick with your guns still out (while firing or reloading) changes target far more efficiently.

I can understand people not liking the game, each to their own, but if you are playing it in an arse-about-face way then it certainly isn't going to help.

FrankT

Doel said:
I think reviews are going to be all over the place for this one. From my experience with the demo, it really feels like a love it or hate it game. And I really did not enjoy the demo while other people seemed to have loved it. The game just isn't for me, and there are going to be reviews from that perspective and reviews from the perspective of people that are into it.

I agree it's going to be love/hate and it will be interesting to see where all the reviews end up.

Top Bottom