• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Xamdou

How does the armor customizations work? Can you customize an armor on a character piece by piece ie helmet/bodyarmor/arm armor or is it a full set?

Xamdou said:
How does the armor customizations work? Can you customize an armor on a character piece by piece ie helmet/bodyarmor/arm armor or is it a full set?

You can customize every piece with runes and you can change the colors to your liking as well.

FrankT

Fenix said:
I guess I'm a little LTTP on the demo, but I finally have some free time after exams :D .

I went in with expectations a little low, as they have been since a couple of E3's ago, but I'm glad to say I actually had a lot of fun with it... once I figured out to not touch the right stick to try to move the camera. TH looks like it's going to be keeping me playing for a while with all the loot available. I haven't been this excited about getting loot since Diablo II, and I guess that's saying something. Looking forward to picking up my copy tomorrow.

Also, a question for Denis if he's around: I may have missed this earlier, but around what time will you be at EB Games (and which one?), will it be a 9-5 time thing or just a few hours?

And finally I guess I should throw my Gamertag out if anyone (Denis included :p) wants to play with me, it's Evil Boot.

Pretty much the same here just replace Diablo with WoW. I know just looking at that Defender shot earlier in the thread reminds me so much of my old warrior and the endless amount of epic loot he had. It's good to be away from WoW, but I certainly need to fill that void somewhere else. Too Human should fit the bill until D3.

You can change the colors too? I didn't know that! Can you just change the base colors, or the glowy secondary colors as well? Like, if I wanted a black suit with a red glow can it be done?

Eric WK

Just picked up the guide. The loot list in the appendix is awesome.

Definitely worth picking up if you're going to be playing this for more than a few days.

Xenon

s4qsza.gif

I was bored. Any can use it if they want

Stantron

Xenon said:
s4qsza.gif

I was bored.
Me likey.
I really hope my local Gamestop gets the game tomorrow. I don't think I can stand waiting an extra day. Anyone hear of a midnight launch? Based on the number of demo downloads, it seems to be a high enough profile game to constitute this.

I've asked this before (with no reply) but it that annoying sound in the menus gone?

You know, the one that makes the dog down the street bark. It's unbearable.

Stantron said:
Me likey.
I really hope my local Gamestop gets the game tomorrow. I don't think I can stand waiting an extra day. Anyone hear of a midnight launch? Based on the number of demo downloads, it seems to be a high enough profile game to constitute this.

Sadly I don't think the game will have a midnight launch anywhere. Which is odd considering I recently heard Star Wars Force Unleased is getting a midnight release... WEIRD.

Oh well... regardless its either one or two more days till we get our copies of Too Human. Its been a tough wait but soon it will all be over.

Oh MAN.

So I rocked the hott GS Trade In deal and ended up paying for TH in full.

$2.81

I always seem to get lucky with that sorta thing.

DAY 1 OFFICIAL!!!

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh MAN.

$2.81

DAY 1 OFFICIAL!!!

Awesome dude! :D DAY FUCKING ONE! :D

I did the same damn thing. Traded in and got the game paid in full. :D

Eric WK

Spruce Moose said:
I've asked this before (with no reply) but it that annoying sound in the menus gone?

Denis responded to this elsewhere and it seemed like it hasn't been changed, although the menu speed has improved. Perhaps he can shed a little more light on it.

I never really noticed how bad it was back when I first played the demo, but when I played through it again the other day I sure did.

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh MAN.

$2.81

DAY 1 OFFICIAL!!!

Yesssss. (I did the same thing and also got enough points for all of summer.)

Eric WK said:
Yesssss. (I did the same thing and also got enough points for all of summer.)
So, are you still getting it?

Also, have you been playing Diablo II at all? Every time I'm on, you are never on. But I haven't been on in a couple of weeks.

Eric WK

U K Narayan said:
So, are you still getting it?

Also, have you been playing Diablo II at all? Every time I'm on, you are never on. But I haven't been on in a couple of weeks.

Yes sir. Payed in full and ready to get picked up on Wednesday. Got my handy guide to hold me over in the meantime. :D

Going to go Berserker/Human for my main - Attack Speed, Attack Speed, Attack Speed - and a Bio Engineer/TBD Alignment for a first alt.

I haven't played Diablo II in a month or so. Not sure why, I just moved to WoW and 360 games. =\ Always open to playing it more in the future, though.

Stantron said:
You guys must be trading in a ton of games. Last I checked, GS gives shitty payback.

Newp. 5 games adds 30% to your loot. My Edge Card Of Massive Head Throbbing Thunder adds another buff of +10%. I ended up doing $57.19 damage.

border

Stantron said:
You guys must be trading in a ton of games. Last I checked, GS gives shitty payback.
Yeah, it's crazy that people are trading in 5 games just to get 1 new one, and are so happy to do it. Stuff they paid $300 for now gets $60 in credit.....roughly an 80% depreciation. And that's a "good deal".

Eric WK

Stantron said:

I used newer games I either played 'til my thumbs were sore (Civ Rev, Euro 2008) or that were simply frustrating (Soul Calibur IV) along with a couple oldies for the bonus and ended up with like $115.

People can say I'm nuts for losing so much, but I don't take trade in decisions lightly. I know when I'm finished with a game and if it's worth the value. I regularly check the trade in values and associated deals and get the most return I can. It got me Too Human, the strategy guide, a few used games I was able to play through and subsequently return for the price I paid and enough points to buy the majority of the XBLA Summer of Awesome. I'm more than happy.

border said:
Yeah, it's crazy that people are trading in 5 games just to get 1 new one, and are so happy to do it. Stuff they paid $300 for now gets $60 in credit.....roughly an 80% depreciation. And that's a "good deal".

It's not like I didn't drain them all of their Fun Fluids months (and in some cases years) ago. That's kind of the same thinking as factoring in $250 into the cost of a 360 because of Live. That was "then" money then. This is me saving money now.

*shrugs*

Cognitive Dissonance.

Eric WK said:
Yes sir. Payed in full and ready to get picked up on Wednesday. Got my handy guide to hold me over in the meantime. :D

Going to go Berserker/Human for my main - Attack Speed, Attack Speed, Attack Speed - and a Bio Engineer/TBD Alignment for a first alt.
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

I'm going the Defender-Human route for my primary. My alternative is going to be a Commando.

I haven't played Diablo II in a month or so. Not sure why, I just moved to WoW and 360 games. =\ Always open to playing it more in the future, though.
Cry. Oh well, we'll play -- sometime.

Stantron

Spruce Moose said:

Yeah, I found that sound to be very unpleasant as well. It's like the high pitch reverb you get from a hot mic. At least now I know what to do if my neighbor's dog gets out of line. :lol

Captain N

I thought this was suppose to be out tomorrow?? I was going to get it on my way home from work! Darn! I guess I can wait until Wed.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Captain N said:
I thought this was suppose to be out tomorrow?? I was going to get it on my way home from work! Darn! I guess I can wait until Wed.

Well it technically releases tomorrow but many stores won't have it in stock until Wednesday. You might luck out, though.

Eric WK

darkressurection said:
Damn, I may have to go trade in some stuff. It doesn't sound like I will get the most out of Too Human if I only rent it.:D

From what I've seen of the guide, there's no way. The level 50 Epic Sets and Weapons sound amazing.

MrDaravon

Tuesdays = ship dates
Wednesdays = in stores

It's amazing how this still comes up in practically every big game thread I've seen on the internet for the past 15 years or so. Only exception usually is Nintendo games (which usually ship Mondays and are in-store Tuesdays) or super big releases that are done on a different day for whatever reason (Emergence Day, Brawl, etc). In theory if your GS is really close to their distribution center there's a slim chance of getting it on the ship date; while I've heard these tales for years, I've never once had it happen, and I worked for EB for a few years like an hour from a distribution center.

Eric WK

SailorDaravon said:
Tuesdays = ship dates
Wednesdays = in stores

It's amazing how this still comes up in practically every big game thread I've seen on the internet for the past 15 years or so. Only exception usually is Nintendo games (which usually ship Mondays and are in-store Tuesdays) or super big releases that are done on a different day for whatever reason (Emergence Day, Brawl, etc).

It's been very hit or miss for me. Soul Calibur IV was there on the ship date, for example. I always keep my expectations for the day after the ship date, but I check to make sure.

FrankT

SailorDaravon said:
Tuesdays = ship dates
Wednesdays = in stores

It's amazing how this still comes up in practically every big game thread I've seen on the internet for the past 15 years or so. Only exception usually is Nintendo games (which usually ship Mondays and are in-store Tuesdays) or super big releases that are done on a different day for whatever reason (Emergence Day, Brawl, etc). In theory if your GS is really close to their distribution center there's a slim chance of getting it on the ship date; while I've heard these tales for years, I've never once had it happen, and I worked for EB for a few years like an hour from a distribution center.

I almost always get it on the ship date with my local Gamestop. Trying to recall the last time this happened and I believe it was NG2.

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
Like in terms of bonuses or just looks?

Bonuses and names. Unfortunately there aren't any images, but if that Eagle shield is any indication there's a lot of awesome stuff to be had.

I've mostly been looking at stuff catered to melee classes.

Stormblades of the Desecrator - Dual-Wield Swords (Berserker) - 2,069 Damage - Attack Speed +10% - Mastery: Warrior of the Twinned Claw +1 - Dual-Wield Melee Damage +10% - Lightning Induction +6%

MrDaravon

BenjaminBirdie said:
Like in terms of bonuses or just looks?

There's no pics in the guide of the epic loot unfortunately.

And I don't know where the heck you guys live; I've lived on both coasts and have worked at game stores and have never been able to get a game on ship date, nor do I personally know anyone who has, it's only internet tales. Sometimes with big titles they have them beforehand (like Halo, GTA), I wouldn't have thought NG2 would be one though. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to complain at all if I can get the game tomorrow.

Eric WK said:
Bonuses and names. Unfortunately there aren't any images, but if that Eagle shield is any indication there's a lot of awesome stuff to be had.

I've mostly been looking at stuff catered to melee classes.

Stormblades of the Desecrator - Dual-Wield Swords (Berserker) - 2,069 Damage - Attack Speed +10% - Mastery: Warrior of the Twinned Claw +1 - Dual-Wield Melee Damage +10% - Lightning Induction +6%

I think I need to rock Berserker because I need to Dual Wield swords.

Or, is that possible with all classes? I'm so green.

FrankT

SailorDaravon said:
There's no pics in the guide of the epic loot unfortunately.

And I don't know where the heck you guys live; I've lived on both coasts and have worked at game stores and have never been able to get a game on ship date, nor do I personally know anyone who has, it's only internet tales. Sometimes with big titles they have them beforehand (like Halo, GTA), I wouldn't have thought NG2 would be one though. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to complain at all if I can get the game tomorrow.

I got NG2 on the Tuesday;

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11428255&postcount=1708

CC and Bestbuy on the other hand are a whole different story from what I've heard.

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
I think I need to rock Berserker because I need to Dual Wield swords.

Or, is that possible with all classes? I'm so green.

Pretty sure anyone can, but it's probably not the best option for the other classes. The level 50 epics are class specific in a lot of cases. Most dual wield options are Berserker only.

Eric WK said:
Pretty sure anyone can, but it's probably not the best option for the other classes. The level 50 epics are class specific in a lot of cases. Most dual wield options are Berserker only.

Berserker it is. I wanna do some of that twirly shit.

;D

Stantron

It's probably a good thing there aren't any pics of the epic loot. Part of the reward is being surprised when the item is equipped, rather than knowing about it, and working towards it. For me at least.

I trust there will be ample save slots for us to store each of our character class variations. Technically 5 classes x 2 alignments would be the ideal minimum. Even though each class has branching spec trees, you can respec at any time. I like this feature. I can mix up my play style without needing to restart a character. Human/Cybernetic alignments however are permanent.

Eric WK

Stantron said:
It's probably a good thing there aren't any pics of the epic loot. Part of the reward is being surprised when the item is equipped, rather than knowing about it, and working towards it. For me at least.

Agreed.

I look forward to seeing pictures of everyone's characters in a few weeks, as well as trading high level items with people who need them.

Chrange

Banned
Eric WK said:

I think dual-wield is Berserker only, so I'd guess that all of the dual-wield options are.

Eric WK

Chrange said:
I think dual-wield is Berserker only, so I'd guess that all of the dual-wield options are.

Yup, you're right. I'm not sure why I didn't just check the guide before I said that. Thanks. :)

Lebron

Eric WK said:
Agreed.

I look forward to seeing pictures of everyone's characters in a few weeks, as well as trading high level items with people who need them.
You can trade items? Sorry, I've been living under a rock. Hot damn that's awesome.

Top Bottom