• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

SpokkX said:
One thing that hasn´t been answered is this:

Is there an incentive to get to level 50 besides getting armor/weapons?

There are 4 (large) levels and no more areas open up as you get stronger?

Those 4 areas change layout and enemy pattern quite a bit on each playthrough apparently.

Eric WK

Chrange said:
At 50 you get access to the epic sets, I think.

You really expected something other than the best loot, in a loot-centric game?

There's also an Epic set for each class around level 30 along with a few 25-49 Epic weapons, but of course none of it's really on par with the 50 stuff.

Raide

If you looked at this Hack N Slash style loot collecting game, especially if you only have a 360, then your options are really slim anyway. I love this style of game and I will be buying Too Human.

Most reviews I don't care about and if I want to buy a game, then I will buy it. Could Too Human be better? Of course it could and I hope that SK really look at these things when they look at the sequels to this game.

It really boils down to "If you like this type of game, then you will overlook some of the issues other people have raised and just enjoy the game for what it is." Personally I would still have loved to run around with 3 of my friends in Too Human. :D

I wonder how much GAF will explode when the sales appear for Too Human launch? :lol

VaLiancY

The real question is who will explode in delight when they complete an epic level 50 set? :lol

And who will be green with envy?

eznark

Banned
It really boils down to "If you like this type of game, then you will overlook some of the issues other people have raised and just enjoy the game for what it is."

This game is basically shaping up to be another Blue Dragon for me. A game that I really enjoy and get a ton of entertainment from while reviewers hate it. Oh well.

Raide

Someone needs to set up a Too Human Facebook and everyone joins but has to use their Too Human character. :D

I really think SK has missed out on the chance to have a really community orientated loot collecting game.

PSO in Too Human clothing....do it! DOO EEEETT!

mm04

It'll be interesting to play through this the first time. From some of the reviews, it kind of seems like TH straddles the line between MMO and dungeon crawler in that you kind of need to find out on your own what some enemies are susceptible to and not. Does the Prima guide have detailed descriptions of mob types/effects?

I'm not sure how familiar a non-MMO player is with strategies such as crowd control and target priority. From experience, I just know that if I have the ability to root enemies, I'm probably going to root the tanks and then take out the casters/ranged guys first. It was quite obvious the reviewer had no clue about that and thought he could brute force his way through situations which is not always a good idea.

I hope that like it or not, a lot of us return to this thread and give our opinions of our play experience. I'd really like to see if there's a divide in opinion between people who were/are hardcore MMORPG players and those who are not.

Eric WK

mm04 said:
It'll be interesting to play through this the first time. From some of the reviews, it kind of seems like TH straddles the line between MMO and dungeon crawler in that you kind of need to find out on your own what some enemies are susceptible to and not. Does the Prima guide have detailed descriptions of mob types/effects?

I'm not sure how familiar a non-MMO player is with strategies such as crowd control and target priority. From experience, I just know that if I have the ability to root enemies, I'm probably going to root the tanks and then take out the casters/ranged guys first. It was quite obvious the reviewer had no clue about that and thought he could brute force his way through situations which is not always a good idea.

I hope that like it or not, a lot of us return to this thread and give our opinions of our play experience. I'd really like to see if there's a divide in opinion between people who were/are hardcore MMORPG players and those who are not.

Indeed it does.

FrankT

So who thinks they will score a copy today? Giving my chances 75/25 from my previous experience of MS ship dates and my local GS.

Eric WK

Jtyettis said:
So who thinks they will score a copy today? Giving my chances 75/25 from my previous experience of MS ship dates and my local GS.

Not me. Fortunately, something's come up and I'll be spending my evening hanging out with Dragonforce, so the wait shouldn't be too horrible.

Raide

I love MMO games and I pretty much play most of the beta's that appear. I am also a huge fan of loot collecting but also to social aspect of these games. It is not just about the gear, it is about the chance to play with like-minded friends and collect loot. :lol

Too Human has 5 classes that do play differently and have different abilities. Look at the spiders for instance. Add to this the huge amount of gear possibilities and also the great potential for expansive DLC. The downside is that despite all of this, 2 players just does not bring across the need to have multiple classes playing their roll to accomplish something.

As an example is the Defender class, who is the Tank class for Too Human. You have damage reduction skills, the ability to taunt the enemy, Spider that puts shields around you, freeze the enemy, all of this is classic MMO Tank abilities but they almost seem wasted by having 1 other person to use them on. Why give you all of these MMO style toys and then limit how many friends you can share it with?

I know SK said that 4 player would be far too hectic but let the gamers decide if it is too hectic. There is no story or cut-scenes, so it is really that difficult to add 2 more players? Just do it as an update for the Too Human fans. :D

Eric WK

Raide said:
I love MMO games and I pretty much play most of the beta's that appear. I am also a huge fan of loot collecting but also to social aspect of these games. It is not just about the gear, it is about the chance to play with like-minded friends and collect loot. :lol

Too Human has 5 classes that do play differently and have different abilities. Look at the spiders for instance. Add to this the huge amount of gear possibilities and also the great potential for expansive DLC. The downside is that despite all of this, 2 players just does not bring across the need to have multiple classes playing their roll to accomplish something.

As an example is the Defender class, who is the Tank class for Too Human. You have damage reduction skills, the ability to taunt the enemy, Spider that puts shields around you, freeze the enemy, all of this is classic MMO Tank abilities but they almost seem wasted by having 1 other person to use them on. Why give you all of these MMO style toys and then limit how many friends you can share it with?

I know SK said that 4 player would be far too hectic but let the gamers decide if it is too hectic. There is no story or cut-scenes, so it is really that difficult to add 2 more players? Just do it as an update for the Too Human fans. :D

I agree wholeheartedly. The 2 player vs. 4 player experience is a world of difference.

FrankT

Raide said:

I agree, just put a update out there and just say hey we will let the fans decide if it is a needed feature or not.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Jtyettis said:

I'm on a business trip in Kansas so I actually pre-ordered the game and set pickup to be to a store that's only a few minutes from my hotel. So when I get out of class tonight I'll swing by and pick it up.

Nemesis_

I really wanna buy this game because I thought the demo was decent / bearable, and would be much fun with friends. However, I loved the environments and the character design too (besides Baldur himself). Though, with eveyr shit game I purchase (Haze is another) I always regret it as th price drops to something amazingly cheap after.

The same WILL happen to Too Human and that's when I'll pick it up. A shame too, this project was something I've been following since the PSOne days.

I agree on letting players decide if 4 players is too much. The game would have a lot more appeal if I could party with 3 friends instead of just one.

VaLiancY

Runes are items you can socket into weapons or armor to give them more power, armor, effects. Charms are like Runes but you have to do a certain prerequisite like activate wells or kill an enemy a certain way to unlock.

ringlord

Wizman23 said:
Can someone explain the Runes, Charms, and blueprints to me? That is the only part of the demo I found very confusing.

Blueprints are items which cost money (aka bounty) to forge. They tend to be the better items, but you may need to budget in order to craft the ones that will be the most helpful to you.

Runes are items which you can slot into armour, weapons, or charms to add bonuses. The idea is to customize your items to better suit your character build.

Charms are items with associated mini-quests (like killing 100 enemies, or finding some secret areas) once you've met this goal, you can then slot the charm with some number (about 5 or 6 judging from the demo) of runes in order to activate it. This activates whatever special ability the charm provides, which is detailed in its description.

Now for my question:

How are we supposed to know what all the special abilities do? Strength? Annulment? Soothing? I would guess that strength increases damage in some way, but I have no idea about the others.

Wizman23 said:
Can someone explain the Runes, Charms, and blueprints to me? That is the only part of the demo I found very confusing.

Charms are basically like jewelry in other games. You can have up to 2 equipped and they have to be 'activated' by doing the quest which is listed in the charm's stats. Something like "Kill 200 enemies" or "activate 4 wells".

Runes are like gems in diablo. You'll find weapons that have slots for them and you can basically add stats to weapons. Like +5% strength or +100 armor or stuff like that.

Blueprints are weapons and armor you can buy using those Aesir Logo credits you pick up from monsters and the breakable stuff. You can buy them at any time and they instantly appear in your inventory.

FoeHammer

Jtyettis said:

I just got off the phone with Gamestop and they said they would have it in about 30 minutes or so, which is weird because they never get games on Tuesday.

Lebron

well normally if a store does get it today, it will more than likely be in the mid-late afternoon.

I just got off the phone with Gamestop and they said they would have it in about 30 minutes or so, which is weird because they never get games on Tuesday.
BLASPHEMY!

FrankT

FoeHammer said:

Thought about calling mine, but their shipments usually do not hit until 12 or so. Not sure if they would know before the truck arrives they usually don't.

SPEA

Developer Diary #5 and Part 3 of Goblin Man is up on marketplace. If you're interested you can go check it out.

SPEA

I posted this in the review thread but I suppose I could post it here as well:

Here is a pretty extensive list I saw posted over at TH.net:
(Credit to TWODOGSz)

Here's a summary of all scores (out of ten) so far with all sources linked where possible.

Ars Technica: BUY
Strategy Informer = 8.5/10
IGN: 7.8 (video review)
IGN UK: 7.5
Gameplayer: 7.0

NZ Gamer:
GameInformer: 6.75 & 7.0
Games Magazine (Greece): 9.3
Neo+ Magazine (Poland): 8.6
Maxim (Russia): 10
Playboy Magazine: 6.25
TheHDRoom: 7.9
GiantBomb: 6.0
GamePro: 8.0
Gamespy: 5.0
PlayTM: 8.8
Gamespot/Cnet: 5.5
PlantetXbox360: 8.7
TeamXbox: 6.5
1up: C- = Average (42 Metacritic, 60 GameRankings)
GCHD: 8.0
Eurogamer 6.0
Eurogamer.de: 7.0
WorthPlaying: 6.0
VideoGamer: 7.0
MSXboxWorld: 7.5
Wonderwallweb: 7.0
GamingRing: 6.0
OXM: 7.0
Pocket-lint: 7.0
TVG: 8.0

PCWorld: NA
TheGuardian: NA
CTV: NA

SPEA said:
You character is the same no matter if its for singleplayer or multiplayer.

This, but you can have multiple characters. So technically you could have one character for playing single player and another that you only take online, but either character could be used for both.

Well don't expect Dennis to respond to anymore posts in here. They banned his ass.
Way to go aye?

I swear the world is going to shit.

Anyways... anyone get their copy today?

PhatSaqs

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Well don't expect Dennis to respond to anymore posts in here. They banned his ass.
Way to go aye?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

fin

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Way to go aye?

Nope, I gotta wait till tomorrow.

Wow at the ban.

Mifune

Mehmber
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Way to go aye?

The banning was justified.

Doesn't lessen my excitement for the game, though.

Mifune said:
The banning was justified.

Doesn't lessen my excitement for the game, though.

Well were not here to talk about the ban but all I know is he was a developer of the game and was being very nice and helping out people with questions.

Just irked that all this childish banter between Dennis/mods/user is way outta hand on every level and no one is in the right imo.

Anyways... sorry to see him go when it comes to this thread. He was helping out in here at least. Now we have to help each other out.:D

The reason he was banned is because he condemns this forum every chance he gets, but then uses it for his own personal gain by posting in it and trying to get people to buy his game.

Don't be a sucker.

If you like the game, great. I'm going to check it out. But I'm glad to see his hypocritical ass banned. Finally.

Smokey

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Way to go aye?

Don't get it twisted, his ban was justified.

CartridgeBlower said:
The reason he was banned is because he condemns this forum every chance he gets, but then uses it for his personal gain by posting in it and trying to get people to buy his game.

Don't be a sucker.

Please we don't need you calling people suckers simply for wanting to buy his game.
Anyone getting heavy into this drama thats being caused is the "sucker".

He was answering questions to his game. Thats more then most developers do. Thats all I'm getting it.

Smokey said:
Don't get it twisted, his ban was justified.

I think the whole thing is twisted... but really this isn't a thread to start talking about this. Lets stay back on topic of the game.

PhatSaqs

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
The reason he was banned is because he condemns this forum every chance he gets, but then uses it for his own personal gain by posting in it and trying to get people to buy his game.
Pretty much. Doesnt stop it from being hilarious as all hell :lol :lol

Wizpig

slasher_thrasher21 said:
He was answering questions to his game. Thats more then most developers do. Thats all I'm getting it.
And then he said NeoGAF is the worst forum ever in an interview or something.
At least that's, I THINK, the reason for the ban.

But anyway, back IT:
Sorry to be a nuisance, but was it confirmed if the US game is region-free or not?

Top Bottom