• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Gamestop still says you get the 5 armor sets if you preorder today, can you get them from the beginning of the game?

Or is it like in forza 2 where you get shit and still have to unlock it in the game by leveling up and buying it with in game money?

I hated that, I just want to know if I can get it from the beginning of the game.

I got a 10% off coupon at GS and rainbow six vegas 1 to trade in, just got 2 for 20 bucks so it's obsolete.

eznark

Banned
whole issue is dumb, I just hope this thread doesn't become a casualty as well. As was mentioned in one of the myriad Dyack threads, Brudvik reviewed both this and Blue Dragon and gave them 78/79 respectively. I hope I enjoy this as much as I enjoyed Blue Dragon.

Chrange

Banned
I guess the mods finally had enough of having to moderate this thread. Banning Denis should make sure it goes to shit pretty quickly. Nicely played.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Since when?

They better not. Then again I think most are scared away from putting any sarcastic ass remarks on here. Though if not moderated, it could get ugly real quick one the game is released fully tommorrow.

I wonder how many people on these boards are actually going to be "closet" Too Human fans? :lol

Lebron

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I don't think that has ever been confirmed. Not sure. Anyone... anyone?
he said it during a 1UP Yours segment, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if he actually said "needs to be shut down" though.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168552

Anyway, while I was doing my clothes shopping for college, I drove past my local GS right as the UPS guy was unloading. I stopped in after I finished my shopping and saw they had the game(well were taking it out of the boxes), but they wouldn't sell it to me :(

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hopefully this thread doesn't go to shit. I'm still watching it and updating the OP. If someone runs their mouth I'll PM a mod about it.

BTW as for updating the OP, I'll get around to put some more reviews up but I don't think too many more are necessary. The ones already in it give people a pretty good gist, I think.

Danthrax said:
Hopefully this thread doesn't go to shit. I'm still watching it and updating the OP. If someone runs their mouth I'll PM a mod about it.

BTW as for updating the OP, I'll get around to put some more reviews up but I don't think too many more are necessary. The ones already in it give people a pretty good gist, I think.

Thanks for keeping an eye out. As for reviews I think your pretty much right on the money. Will see how tomorrow goes with many others finally getting their hands on the game and commenting.

Lebron

Ecchi-Time7 said:
I heard this game kinda sucks, is that true?
I also heard they found a dead body of a Big Foot, is that also true?

edit: if you're not trying to test the troll waters and asking a serious question, try out the demo(a few times) and judge for yourself if you already haven't. Or better yet, give it a few days and watch some user uploaded videos(loot and what not).

Ecchi-Time7 said:
I heard this game kinda sucks, is that true?

Be careful, sir.

Well, after going through some "epic" Too Human threads, I'm still going to get this game, even though I'm a little nervous about it and am pissed with his slander/libel of this forum. But that's for another topic - I want it to be good, and I can't wait to play online with you folks.

eznark

Banned
Ecchi-Time7 said:
What did the reviews say about this game?

The OP has all kinds of very useful information. Reading it is a sweet way to familiarize yourself with a threads topic.

GIjoethemoreyouknow.gif

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Kabuki Waq said:
how do you not ban someone who wants to shut the forum down and insults it in the media?

makes sense to me.

Yeah let's just not discuss it here. This thread is for discussing the game. There are other threads for discussing Dyack. Please don't derail this one.

FateBreaker said:
Ecchi-Time7
Banned
(Today, 06:42 PM)
Reply | Quote

I said be careful! Maybe I should have said "delete that" :(

Its cleary noted on the OP that none of this will be tolerated. Well at least the waters still seem to be purging.

Lebron

Loudninja said:
Hey does this game have a New Game+? that would be cool.
Yeah, kind of, excerpt taken from one of the reviews
So there's quite a bit of gameplay to be had, especially considering that each of the game's four multi-hour dungeons can be replayed at any time when visiting the main hub town, either in single player or multiplayer, and progress in the main campaign isn't interrupted by switching out: you're free to go replay dungeons or play online and then return to the campaign with all that you've gained.

Better still, when you revisit areas after beating the campaign, new elements are introduced to keep the action fresh. As one isolated example, a section early on in the game which was empty on the first play-through is filled on the second play-through with a labyrinth that houses tough enemies and great rewards.

Doodis

Stantron said:
(neutral) Eric WK
Banned
(Today, 05:04 AM)
Reply | Quote

How'd this happen. :(

It's dangerous out there. I'm glad we have this safe haven. Still looking forward to playing the game. I loved the demo. I'm sure I'll love the full game.

FrankT

Well, looks like I'm in the boat for tomorrow. Local GS didn't get it in it would seem. I got NG2 on the Tuesday, but I guess Too Human isn't going to make it for me today.

border

Gamestop.com still has not sent me the codes for the pre-order armor. I called the store and they said it wasn't coming in until tomorrow. What the hell happened? There used to be a time, not so long ago, when you could actually get games on the Tuesday that they shipped. Why should I even bother with Gamestop's prices and sales staff when they won't even get the game before their better big box competitors?

I'm thinking about hitting up Toys R Us -- will the retail stores be carrying the game for $50 like the online site? If so, I could get Dead Rising and TH for $65.....which would be a helluva deal.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... so the monsters' levels scale with the player? ...in a hack and slash game? Can anyone confirm this? If this is indeed true I am getting off the fence and never looking back.

Lebron

border said:
I'm thinking about hitting up Toys R Us -- will the retail stores be carrying the game for $50 like the online site? If so, I could get Dead Rising and TH for $65.....which would be a helluva deal.
Yeah, they should. That's my plan as well

edit: The hell is this 8/22 release date smishnoz on their site? My local one better have it tomorrow :(

Zefah said:
Wait... so the monsters' levels scale with the player? ...in a hack and slash game? Can anyone confirm this? If this is indeed true I am getting off the fence and never looking back.

Yes this is the case. So you might want to jump off that fence and find a new place to perch.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Zefah said:

Yeah, they get better as you get better so that the game doesn't stop being a challenge.

phez

Banned
Zefah said:

What? Alot of games scale enemies in one way or another.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well I guess it all depends if you can go back to old areas or not, or if you have the option farm a bit and level up before moving onto a new area. If either of those options are available to the player then level scaling just isn't appropriate in my opinion.

I think the plan is that despite the fact that enemies scale with your level you can still gain the advantage by having the right gear and properly using the skills you've attained.

At least that's how it should work. Whether or not SK has accomplished this is the real question.

Besides...beating up on easy enemies is trivial anyway. In the Diablos eventually the EXP scales so low you get nothing for them(and usually by then the loot sucks as well).

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I think the plan is that despite the fact that enemies scale with your level you can still gain the advantage by having the right gear and properly using the skills you've attained.

At least that's how it should work. Whether or not SK has accomplished this is the real question.

Hey Dennis can you answer.... oh wait, I forgot.

But yeah, lets hope this is the case.

Zefah said:

I don't understand why this is a problem. I know oblivion gets ragged on for doing this but in that case you can mess your game up if you don't level up your character properly. Here it doesn't seem like an issue.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
eznark said:
whole issue is dumb, I just hope this thread doesn't become a casualty as well. As was mentioned in one of the myriad Dyack threads, Brudvik reviewed both this and Blue Dragon and gave them 78/79 respectively. I hope I enjoy this as much as I enjoyed Blue Dragon.
This thread will be fine as long as everyone stays on-topic.

Chrange said:
I guess the mods finally had enough of having to moderate this thread. Banning Denis should make sure it goes to shit pretty quickly. Nicely played.
28buyjk.gif

Median

I thought I'd post in the safe haven to say that my copy has arrived at my local EB (Brampton, Ontario). I'm probably gonna pick it up after I get back in town from work tonight.

wayward archer said:
I don't understand why this is a problem. I know oblivion gets ragged on for doing this but in that case you can mess your game up if you don't level up your character properly. Here it doesn't seem like an issue.

For a game where you can go anywhere at anytime level-scaling makes sense. Problem is Oblivion really goofs it up pretty badly(which is why they included the always accessible difficulty slider).

Stantron

I just called GameStop and they said that even if the shipment arrived today, they are not allowed to sell it until Wed because it would be breaking street date. :(

Any word on the GameTrailers review? Those always seem fairly well done.

Kayas

Neo Member
Went out to grab my copy at Wal-Mart and of course they're still sifting through their damn shipment pallets and stacking shelves. God I hate Wal-Mart.
Hopefully I will be playing this by tonight.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PepsimanVsJoe said:

Besides...beating up on easy enemies is trivial anyway. In the Diablos eventually the EXP scales so low you get nothing for them(and usually by then the loot sucks as well).

Well I guess you don't enjoy going back to old areas after leveling up and getting new items and just obliterating the enemies that gave you trouble earlier in the game. I find it to be rather entertaining and I think a lot of people enjoy that part of RPGs and hack & slash games. I have always found level scaling to be really annoying. If the monsters are going to level up with you, then what is the point of even having levels?

I just find it really annoying and because Too Human utilizes such a system I think I will definitely be passing on it. If you enjoy games where all enemies stay relative in power with the player, then I'm sure you will have blast.

FrankT

Stantron said:
I just called GameStop and they said that even if the shipment arrived today, they are not allowed to sell it until Wed because it would be breaking street date. :(

Any word on the GameTrailers review? Those always seem fairly well done.

That is interesting because mine said it wasn't street dated so if they got in today they could sale it, but alas not going to have it today it would seem.

Kayas said:
Went out to grab my copy at Wal-Mart and of course they're still sifting through their damn shipment pallets and stacking shelves. God I hate Wal-Mart.
Hopefully I will be playing this by tonight.

Tempted to check Wal-Mart tonight, but I'm doubtful.

SPEA

I just watched the last Golbin man vid. I was very impressed with it. It's very well done. Props to Jay Cheel. According to the credits, he seemed to of done most of the work on it.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
i'm blocked here at work. Anyone care to put some choice quotes from his post.

I had the chance to play it this past weekend, and spent about 50 hours on the game. I'm addicted. I have beaten Too Human three times with two different classes.

As a fan of MMOs, and games like Diablo II (which is my all-time favorite game), Too Human scratches the compulsive itch that I have to collect loot, and tweak out my skill trees.

The rest is just tips.

Mifune

Mehmber
Not to be the bastard or anything, but gamerscoreblog is a Microsoft website. So take anything they say as straight PR.

Top Bottom