• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Xenon

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Then don't buy it!! I have purchased a guide book one time in my life. The Internet holds all the answers you need! :D "

Quite you :p I'm getting it anyway it seems like one of the games where I'll play it enough where I'll enjoy it I just remember when guides were a lot cheaper and it's been a while and was just surprised at guides being $20 now.

I was going to buy it, but then the clerk at Gamespot commented how thin it was. I told that ill get it later and he quickly corrected himself by saying that it uses a small font. :lol

For whoever asked if you can get the fire sword in the weapon shop, look what I just made.... :D

346qayp.jpg

2hrk8z9.jpg

1tosqt.jpg

"Holy jamoly. How much did that run you?"

Only 154450 and I got two somehow. :lol

Edit: Man that sword is so awesome, I'm doing over 2000 a hit now and destroying things that were giving me trouble before. So much more powerful then my old weapon.

"Wait, it modifies your ruiner?"

I thought all weapons did? Or has something been changing without me noticing? I wasn't freezing stuff when having 2+ before in the stocked ruiners it was just a big explosion.

I HAVE A QUESTION ON BLUEPRINTS

Sorry to bold but I'm really interested in getting an answer.

I just got the game and am only level 8, but I was wondering about how often I should buy the armor/weapons made from these blue prints. Right now I'm looking at a few of them that will almost double my armor totals/damage but the price is fairly steep for each.

Is it typically worth it to just do this whenever possible to gain an edge quickly, or is it smarter to just forget them completely in hopes of finding rares/comparable drops/far improved blueprints at a later stage?

Because I'd hate to pay a lot for this armor, then walk into a comparable set later on as just a regular drop...

As for the game, I'm loving the loot system. The combat is FUN, but I feel like I haven't even come close to mastering the controls. I do a few really nice moves that I can't ever seem to replicate on demand. I think the analog attack system was a silly move.

"I think if you go cybernetic path your weapon modifies your ruiner."

I guess that makes sense since I'm cybernetic, you need to be cybernetic to equip this too.

"I HAVE A QUESTION ON BLUEPRINTS

I just got the game and am only level 8, but I was wondering about how often I should buy the armor/weapons made from these blue prints. Right now I'm looking at a few of them that will almost double my armor totals/damage but the price is fairly steep for each.

Is it typically worth it to just do this whenever possible to gain an edge quickly, or is it smarter to just forget them completely in hopes of finding rares/comparable drops/far improved blueprints at a later stage?

Because I'd hate to pay a lot for this armor, then walk into a comparable set later on as just a regular drop...

As for the game, I'm loving the loot system. The combat is FUN, but I feel like I haven't even come close to mastering the controls. I do a few really nice moves that I can't ever seem to replicate on demand. I think the analog attack system was a silly move."

Personally I've only been making orange and red blueprints since they are the rarest and also therefore the strongest (red being the rarest of all). I only do it if it's a noticable increase, My old weapon was a lvl 26 weapon that had 720ish damage this new one I made is a lvl 29 and it's damage rating is 1076 now so for me the 150,000 I spent pretty much doubled the damage I did which was well worth it. Look at how much it increases from what you have if you do like I've been doing it lasts a lot of levels before you need new weapons/armor and even then are usually only surpassed by another rare(blueprinted) item.

Dark FaZe said:
It depends. I've made a few here and there, and they've worked out pretty well for me. You can't make everything that you want for lack of bounty, but the blueprint stuff (particularly early) is decent stuff. I'd just pick and choose what looks especially awesome and go for it.
ringlord said:
Yar. See in the description of the sword where it says: Ruiner: Shiled of the Frost-King
Ah, got it. Thanks. So what's the equivalent effect for someone getting an epic weapon on the human side? Presumably it wouldn't be ruiner related?

ringlord

Dark FaZe said:

I think those level 8 blueprints cost around 4k each to craft, yes? So it totals about 25k or so? That's nothing. I say go ahead and do it. They'll last you a while and are a good bit better than quite a few non-blueprint level 12, 13, and 14 stuff.

You may find more blueprints that require level 11 or 14, but you start to level up slower so you keep your equipment for longer (in absolute time terms). I crafted some level 14 blueprints that cost 10k each. Just salvage anything you don't need and the cash will start to roll in fairly easily.

Dark FaZe said:

As for the game, I'm loving the loot system. The combat is FUN, but I feel like I haven't even come close to mastering the controls. I do a few really nice moves that I can't ever seem to replicate on demand. I think the analog attack system was a silly move.
It really depends on the pieces of armor/weapon. Just examine the bonus effects beyond the typical defense/damage stat and decide whether its worth it to you or not. I didn't really create any armor until the third area when I got this orange set. Creating the set had me go from a few hundred thousand bounty to a few thousand bounty. It was worth it though.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
My old weapon was a lvl 26 weapon that had 720ish damage this new one I made is a lvl 29 and it's damage rating is 1076 now so for me the 150,000 I spent pretty much doubled the damage
720-ish x 2 = 1440-and-change
1440-and-change - 1076 = 364-ishy ~= 720-ish / 2
50% inc = x 3/2 < x2...

Nevermind, i'm just jealous. I'm barely cracking 200 (lower level char).

"720-ish x 2 = 1440-and-change
1440-and-change - 1076 = 364-ishy ~= 720-ish / 2
50% inc = x 3/2 < x2...

Nevermind, i'm just jealous. I'm barely cracking 200 (lower level char)."

:lol The number is a lot bigger that's all that matters.

that's the sword i was referring to when i talked about the one i NEEDED one i saw it in Tyr's workshop....

sweet mother of all that is good and pure

Does anyone know if unlocking levels in single player opens them up for co-op with any character, or just the one you're using that has passed the level in question. (e.g. if my lvl 27 champion has unlocked 3-3, can I start a co-op game with a lvl 1 berserker and just toss him into that level?)
Spruchy said:
No one for COOP? ;[
Would if I could. :( We're at the same level, too.

"I knew i should have gone cybernetic. Stupid goddamn humans."

Funny you bring that up, I was all pissed off when everyone else seemed to go human but now after the weapons I've been getting it's well worth it.

ringlord said:
Great. Now tell me what 'Annulment +5%' and 'status effect damage +7%' means!
I think the second one is pretty self-explanatory: if you have a charm that inflicts a status effect (think poison, etc.), the damage is increased 7%.

As for annulment, according to the guide, that also refers to a charm effect. The effect reads, "on contact, there is a chance of putting the target to sleep for a short duration."

ringlord

I just realized I've only had 7 hours total sleep over the past 3 days, all because of this game. And now all I have the energy to do is sit here at work, drink coffee, and hit F5.

ringlord said:
I just realized I've only had 7 hours total sleep over the past 3 days, all because of this game. And now all I have the energy to do is sit here at work, drink coffee, and hit F5.

Is there anyone reading this who's NOT in the same boat?

:lol

"I'm 27, will we be ok?"

Maybe? We can always try and then if it doesn't work it doesn't work. I've never done co-op before so I don't know what to expect.

ringlord said:
I've only picked it up yesterday, but... yeah, i'm there too, pretty much. Looking forward to a another late night.

Edit:
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"I'm 27, will we be ok?"

Maybe? We can always try and then if it doesn't work it doesn't work. I've never done
co-op
before so I don't know what to expect.
8|
ruh-roh

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"I'm 27, will we be ok?"

Maybe? We can always try and then if it doesn't work it doesn't work. I've never done co-op before so I don't know what to expect.

yeah you should be fine, it only gets dicey when you're 15+ levels apart, according to what Dyack said.

Opus Angelorum said:
Everyone outside of the US! Another week before we can even buy the game...

;_;

I'm torn as to whether I should get the region free Asian version, if I order it now it will probably be here before the official PAL release arrives on the island. :\

BenjaminBirdie said:
Is there anyone reading this who's NOT in the same boat?

:lol

Slept fine last night!
Stupid girlfriends!

Can't wait to get home and play tonight though. Friday night game session and no reason to crash earlier! Woo hoo!

Oh, and for those that don't have me on their friends list already, my GT is KungFuJedi 1138

fin

ringlord said:

That totally made me lol. But yeah I'm in the same boat but I've had about 12 hours of sleep the past three days. The GF is working nights so when she gets home at 3:00am and I'm still up playing, she just shakes her head.

U K Narayan said:
Man, I haven't seen a red blueprint yet! I've only just gotten to orange! I'll take some pictures of my equipment after I've finished Helheim.
I wonder how well this game is selling.

Will we see a Super Hack & Loot 2?

ringlord

U K Narayan said:
Man, I haven't seen a red blueprint yet! I've only just gotten to orange! I'll take some pictures of my equipment after I've finished Helheim.

Ultra rare. Some people will get lucky, some not so much. Hell, I haven't seen anything above purple yet. 'course I'm only level 14...

Top Bottom