• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

fin

Cornballer said:
Definitely happens to me, too. I need to remember to use all of the weapons at my disposal because I typically neglect my spider, battle cry, and sentient weapon. All of which are very useful in certain situations. Probably the reason why I'm dying so much. :D

I've never used that. I know you have to click down on both sticks, bu what does it do?

fin said:
I've never used that. I know you have to click down on both sticks, bu what does it do?
Your weapon flies off by itself and starts beating up enemies. Pretty useful when you're swamped, but you can't activate it very often.

eznark said:
how can you tell when the spider is ready to be used?

A health/time meter appears in the lower right corner of the screen. At first it shows the time remaining on the spider, and then it reverts to a cool down meter to let you know when it can be used again. When it disappears from the screen, he's ready to go.

I've chosen the spider that has the machine gun cannon on it, and I've dropped a few ranks into the skill. The damn thing is quite effective.

OK Just got a Tier 3 Charm and it made everything clearer. You need to finish off level one charm quests that are grey. Then eventually you will start getting Purple Level 2 Charm Quests, you need to complete these then insert Completed Grey Charms into it. Then eventually you will get a Red Tier 3 Charm. You need to insert Finished Purple Level 2 Charms into those.

This actually takes a LOT of time. But I almost finished my first tier 3 charm. It says the bonus is +1 to all stats or something pretty awesome too.

Almost hit level 50 too. I'm addicted.

I actually like this game because theres SO MUCH DEPTH but it all is brought out pretty simple.

-Ballistic/ Primary Secondary
-Melee
-Finisher/Fierce
-Ruiner
-Sentient Abilities
-Spiders

Also apparently there is no Sentient cooldown timer but its 24 minutes between uses.

Man, I'm in the World Serpent and it's getting pretty tough. I'm actually thinking about going back to some areas after I finish this.

Game is still awesome. :D

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
People at other forums are talking about some of the red (epic) lvl blueprints. Some lvl 29 hammer cost 457,000 to make, and a 2 handed sword took 1.4 million :lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
xxjuicesxx said:
I actually like this game because theres SO MUCH DEPTH but it all is brought out pretty simple.

-Melee
-Finisher/Fierce
-Ruiner
-Sentient Abilities
-Spiders

Dyak was right!

Phthisis

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
:OOOOOOOOOOO Not fair, how the hell are berserker supposed to kill the ice trolls with the big thing on their back? My gun only does one damage and I can't get around it to hit the big tank on it's back to mount it.

Jump and do a finisher.

"Jump and do a finisher."

Would that hit is back? I tried jumping and hitting but when you get behind him he just keeps turning so I couldn't hit him and being that close it would just hit his front/side like normal jump and hitting no?

Well it was 2 dollar beer/8 dollar pitcher night at one of the local bars and my friends were chomping at the bit to go so I didn't get to play any last night. But this weekend I will get some time in and hopefully finish the single player mode.

I'm on level 3 about halfway through
at the point where Loki takes control of the world serpent and baldur and thor are fighting their way out
. Still loving it so far.

I don't think the story is as bad as some people are saying. It's fun whenever I see something recognizable from myth or when I can make a prediction about the game's story and it comes true. Most of the Aesir have good voice actors... a few are inconsistent. If all three games get made I have a feeling the story as a whole will be judged a lot more favorably.

Kingpen

It is amazing how much different a commando plays from a berzerker.... I basically have ignored my lvl 20 berzerker because I'm having so much fun basically playing this game like it is 3rd person Halo now with my lvl 20 commando...

This game rocks.

FrankT

_tetsuo_ said:
People at other forums are talking about some of the red (epic) lvl blueprints. Some lvl 29 hammer cost 457,000 to make, and a 2 handed sword took 1.4 million :lol

Cannot wait to get my hands all the epic lootz. :D

Mifune

Mehmber
Beat the single player last night. Fastest 15 hour game I've ever played.

Overall a great experience. Level Three was definitely my favorite.

The ending
was such a giant cock tease. Awesome final shot. One question, though: Why did Baldur go to Helheim and not Valhalla when he died? And how did everyone else know Loki was behind it all?

There is so much potential in this game world for sequels, prequels, side stories, you name it. I hope it sellls really well.

fin

xxjuicesxx said:
OK Just got a Tier 3 Charm and it made everything clearer. You need to finish off level one charm quests that are grey. Then eventually you will start getting Purple Level 2 Charm Quests, you need to complete these then insert Completed Grey Charms into it. Then eventually you will get a Red Tier 3 Charm. You need to insert Finished Purple Level 2 Charms into those.

This actually takes a LOT of time. But I almost finished my first tier 3 charm. It says the bonus is +1 to all stats or something pretty awesome too.

-Melee
-Finisher/Fierce
-Ruiner
-Sentient Abilities
-Spiders

Also apparently there is no Sentient cooldown timer but its 24 minutes between uses.

How many hours have you played?

Phthisis

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Jump and do a finisher."

Would that hit is back? I tried jumping and hitting but when you get behind him he just keeps turning so I couldn't hit him and being that close it would just hit his front/side like normal jump and hitting no?

If you're behind him, it will hit the tank. Another option is to do a ground finisher to take out his legs so you can get behind him and do a jumping finisher on his tank. Then you can mount and kill him.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Maybe the OP can update with a few of these tips because I think alot of people might not figure this stuff out on their own. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the tips guys. I didn't realize I could equip runes to charms.

Okay sure. How does this sound?:

-----

STEP 1: Equip the charm.
STEP 2: Fulfill the charm's requirements.
STEP 3: Put the required runes into the charm's slots.
STEP 4: ????
STEP 5: PROFIT!

Also, once you get a level 2 charm, you put level 1 charms into its slots, NOT runes.

-----

Is all of that information correct? Just making sure since I can't play the game myself, I'm just gathering this from listening to all of you chatter back and forth.

nakedsushi said:
Oh yeah, can someone add my GT to the op. I'm read for some co-op! GT: NakedSushi

Gotcha covered.

fin

Mifune said:
was such a giant cock tease. Awesome final shot. One question, though: Why did Baldur go to Helheim and not Valhalla when he died? And how did everyone else know Loki was behind it all?

I think it's because he did not die in battle valently, but was assassinated. You must die a gloriously in battle you go to Valhalla. I think.

Danthrax said:
Okay sure. How does this sound?:

-----

Also, once you get a level 2 charm, you put level 1 charms into its slots, NOT runes.

-----
That sounds pretty good. I don't know if you have a Tips section of the OP but if not perhaps put this in it. Also might want to add somewhere that there is a second skill tree in the menus accessed with the right trigger on the first skill tree page. Alot of people didn't know about that as well.

I mean these sounds like things most people would figure out on there own but after seeing some responses on here, I'm guessing there is alot of people that would find these little tips useful.

Agreed. My laser spider has all 10 levels in it, and it took out a troll in the ice forest all by itself. I just sat back and watched the carnage... then I thought: "I wonder if I got the experience points for that?"[/QUOTE] :lol I'm guessing yes but I did wonder the same thing.

ringlord

Kung Fu Jedi said:
I've chosen the spider that has the machine gun cannon on it, and I've dropped a few ranks into the skill. The damn thing is quite effective.

Agreed. My laser spider has all 10 levels in it, and it took out a troll in the ice forest all by itself. I just sat back and watched the carnage... then I thought: "I wonder if I got the experience points for that?"

fin

Danthrax said:
-----

STEP 4: Find purple charm
STEP 5: Complete quest
STEP 6: Insert white charms into Purple Charms
repeat for all colored charms....

-----

Is all of that information correct? Just making sure since I can't play the game myself, I'm just gathering this from listening to all of you chatter back and forth.

Gotcha covered.

fixed?

Xenon

xxjuicesxx said:

-Melee
-Finisher/Fierce
-Ruiner
-Sentient Abilities
-Spiders

Holy shit thats amazing, you should go to sleep now.

"If you're behind him, it will hit the tank. Another option is to do a ground finisher to take out his legs so you can get behind him and do a jumping finisher on his tank. Then you can mount and kill him."

Cool, I'll try that next time then. Thanks.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
fin said:

Elaborate on what you're referring to and I'll make appropriate changes.

slasher_trasher21 said:
That sounds pretty good. I don't know if you have a Tips section of the OP but if not perhaps put this in it. Also might want to add somewhere that there is a second skill tree in the menus accessed with the right trigger on the first skill tree page. Alot of people didn't know about that as well.

I mean these sounds like things most people would figure out on there own but after seeing some responses on here, I'm guessing there is alot of people that would find these little tips useful.

A Tips section is actually a good idea. Gimme some time and I'll work on that.

2v1wzo5.png

They're magically delicious.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ringlord said:
He added steps 4, 5, and 6 to your quoted post.

Yes I saw that but I kind of covered his "fix" with the sentence "Also, once you get a level 2 charm, you put level 1 charms into its slots, NOT runes." Did I not?

Not being defensive, just confused and need explanation.

Xenon

Do charms effects work for projectiles as well or only melee?

It will be cool to make a high level charm and start a new character with it.

ringlord

Danthrax said:
Yes I saw that but I kind of covered his "fix" with the sentence "Also, once you get a level 2 charm, you put level 1 charms into its slots, NOT runes." Did I not?

Not being defensive, just confused and need explanation.

True, his steps 1-3 and 4-6 are really separate things. Similar, but separate.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ringlord said:
True, his steps 1-3 and 4-6 are really separate things. Similar, but separate.

Okay so I updated the OP with a tips & tricks section, and this charm/rune thing is part of it. How does this text look:

-----

This question has been asked a lot, so listen up. This is how you use them.
Also, once you get a level 2 charm, you put level 1 charms into its slots, NOT runes. For example, once you finish making a purple charm, you put white charms into it.

-----

Is this good or does it still need changing? Is the "???? PROFIT" meme confusing?

DarkAngelYuna said:
Anyone else getting random dirty disc read errors? All my other games work fine for hours but this game is giving me some trouble.

Outta my seven hours of play. Nope. Might want to try returning that bad boy and getting another copy of the game.

FrankT

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Outta my seven hours of play. Nope. Might want to try returning that bad boy and getting another copy of the game.

Yea, I would also suggest exchanging with the retailer if it persists.

fin

Danthrax said:
Okay so I updated the OP with a tips & tricks section, and this charm/rune thing is part of it. How does this text look:

-----

This question has been asked a lot, so listen up. This is how you use them.
Also, once you get a level 2 charm, you put level 1 charms into its slots, NOT runes. For example, once you finish making a purple charm, you put white charms into it.

-----

Is this good or does it still need changing? Is the "???? PROFIT" meme confusing?

NVM just read the op it's good. :)

Sorry about earlier I never read your note after...

Phthisis

ringlord said:
Great. Now tell me what 'Annulment +5%' and 'status effect damage +7%' means!

I think Annulment is your resistance to status effects? The other one is self-explanatory: if you have a weapon or rune effect that causes you to do status effect damage (fire, ice, whatever) the damage is boosted.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I don't know if I should be proud or not but there is a 5G acheivemnt for dying 100 times.
Well on my way there. :lol

57 deaths through the first 3 levels plus one level of co-op.

"Then don't buy it!! I have purchased a guide book one time in my life. The Internet holds all the answers you need! :D "

Quite you :p I'm getting it anyway it seems like one of the games where I'll play it enough where I'll enjoy it I just remember when guides were a lot cheaper and it's been a while and was just surprised at guides being $20 now.

Spruchy

Hey would anyone be up for some CO-OP in an hour or two im level 27 would like to continue this character.....any areas are ok with me.

GT is spruchy86

Top Bottom