• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

border

If you want to talk about sales indicators, I didn't see more than 15 open multiplayer games when I was searching last night. I don't know if that is a bad sign or not. I guess Major Nelson's "Most Played" Top Ten will probably give some indication of how the game is initially faring.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I don't know, I'm on like 4/5ths Orange set with a fucking SICK Orange sword (it's actually the armor set pictured upthread) and I think you can definitely feel the status boosts and when you can kill base level enemies in one hit, as Half Baked (ugh) said "I'M FEELING IT!

The only things you could ever one-shot were the goblins, though....and you could do that as soon as you had a set of basic blues. I don't feel as though I am getting any more effective against trolls, dark elves, minibosses. It feels like it takes as much time and effort to kill them as it ever did. While I don't expect my berserker to be a Commando, I've had orange rifles and cannons that just seemed like worthless peashooters. Weapons need to scale better, considering the number of bullshit encounters where you are literally forced to use them.

Honestly I think building up a combo meter "feels" far more powerful than any of the gear, just because you start moving faster and faster and hitting harder and harder.

CartridgeBlower said:
So can anyone tell me why the Exp % drops to zero everytime I die and what that means.
You get a bonus added on based on your combo level. e.g. at combo level 3, you get a +3% bonus on all experience. When you die, your combo level resets to zero.

Chrange

Banned
border said:
The only things you could ever one-shot were the goblins, though....and you could do that as soon as you had a set of basic blues. I don't feel as though I am getting any more effective against trolls, dark elves, minibosses. It feels like it takes as much time and effort to kill them as it ever did. While I don't expect my berserker to be a Commando, I've had orange rifles and cannons that just seemed like worthless peashooters. Weapons need to scale better, considering the number of bullshit encounters where you are literally forced to use them.

Honestly I think building up a combo meter "feels" far more powerful than any of the gear, just because you start moving faster and faster and hitting harder and harder.

Go to the shop and buy the lowest level gray swords you can find, then try them. Maybe then you'll see it :p

Soroc said:
Ok, Man I love this game. I'm 70% complete just finished the 3rd Level. I'm currently a Lvl 25 Human Bioengineer. I was able to obtain all orange gear, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have set bonus or even show up as a set. But damn does it all look good together :D I feel like I shouldn't be looking this fucking cool this early on but thank you random loot! :lol Oh btw I got all of these oranges on Lvl3.

Here are some photos, sorry for some of the crappy ones :lol

Dang, I have like 2/3rds of that set. If I'm in Helheim already am I SOL for the rest?

border said:
The only things you could ever one-shot were the goblins, though....

I'm One Hit killing all the lower level duders in Helheim and I'm loving that shit.

Can someone explain to me how to do air melee attacks? I think I may be doing it wrong. Every time I launch someone up in the air, I press the A button to jump up to them and start an attack, but by the time I am able to reach the enemy, he has already fallen back to the ground.

Is there some other way air melee combat works?

Owensboro

Did.....did I miss something? Is this game ONLINE co-op only? We were looking for a local multiplayer option and couldn't find one. Are we seriously screwed to the point that if my roomates and I want to play multi- we are going to have to find another Xbox?

Seriously? am I just dumb and can't find the option?

Madsucktion said:
Did.....did I miss something? Is this game ONLINE co-op only? We were looking for a local multiplayer option and couldn't find one. Are we seriously screwed to the point that if my roomates and I want to play multi- we are going to have to find another Xbox?

Seriously? am I just dumb and can't find the option?

this seems to be a new feature in this gen, no local co-op. I learned the hard way with Gears not having 4 player on one console =/

Also I can understand why this game wasn't getting great review scores, it's pretty mediocre across the board. enemies scaling along with you is one of the worst features I've ever seen.

Shins

Banned
For a game with only four levels, I think its almost necessary, or it would make retreading the first two areas very boring. Its fun to run through as a God as a novelty once or twice, but then what?

I don't think it would've hurt to make the scaling adjustable depending on your preference, but in a one-or-the-other situation, I'd take the scaling as it is now.

Now, in a game like Oblivion, which had so much more available game space, scaling enemies was a horrible setup.

Raide

Well, as soon as I finished PSO, I started it on a harder difficulty anyway, so is it that much different than scaling enemies in Too Human? You can finish the game in your 20's, restart again like its Hard Mode. :D

The difficulty of the scaling is it can be difficult to feel bad-ass when the enemy scales with you, but is there any reason to go against low level monsters when you'd get no XP, no gear and hardly any bounty.

Whats the deal with the fact when I try to go into co-op and find a match I only see like 3 pages of players tops?

Shouldn't there be like A LOT of pages since a lot of peopel are playing this?

Grecco

xxjuicesxx said:
Whats the deal with the fact when I try to go into co-op and find a match I only see like 3 pages of players tops?

Shouldn't there be like A LOT of pages since a lot of peopel are playing this?

1. Alot of people are still doing single player

2.and not alot of people maybe bought it?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Level 31 (about to be 32) Champion GT is Meani Pants anyone want to play some co-op just send me a friend request. also have questions on certain classes. What weapons can bio engineer use as far as melee goes? Also are there armor restrictions for certain classes?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
hey guys question. Have a friend who started a game on a different gamercard and now just got live today and is wanting to know is there anyway to transfer that character over to the new Gamercard so we can play online? or do they have to start over?

Shins said:
For a game with only four levels, I think its almost necessary, or it would make retreading the first two areas very boring. Its fun to run through as a God as a novelty once or twice, but then what?

I don't think it would've hurt to make the scaling adjustable depending on your preference, but in a one-or-the-other situation, I'd take the scaling as it is now.

Now, in a game like Oblivion, which had so much more available game space, scaling enemies was a horrible setup.

I have to agree with this. Replaying the levels would get boring...real fast! Them throwing in harder enemies and more of them really makes it tougher and for me more enjoyable playing. I still get the satisfaction of leveling up because I'm gaining better armor and equipment constantly and growing stronger.

Its almost like I reach a certain level up badassness... then enemies get stronger and it gets tougher. Then I get bad ass again getting more powerful and on and on if you catch my drift.

I could see how it would bother some people though.

goldenpp72

ok I just beat the boss in the last level (I think it was anyways) and im in a room with one broken glass and nothing else, I just beat the boss there and can not figure out how to get out, is my game glitched? I got the achievements for the level already.. :/

So, in the last level, the fat guys floating in their chairs, any tips to kill them while being shot by 25 of those dead guys?

Edit: I'm getting pretty fed up with this bullshit, just got an achievement for dieing 100 times. I just don't think I'm getting the hang of the battle system, despite playing almost 11 hours. this game just seems to do things wrong that PSO had right 8 years ago.

Xenon

funkmastergeneral said:
So, in the last level, the fat guys floating in their chairs, any tips to kill them while being shot by 25 of those dead guys?

Edit: I'm getting pretty fed up with this bullshit, just got an achievement for dieing 100 times. I just don't think I'm getting the hang of the battle system, despite playing almost 11 hours. this game just seems to do things wrong that PSO had right 8 years ago.

I think the guy in the hoverchair revives the zombies. Its best to just forget about them and go straight for him. I usually drop my spider between him and the zombies to keep them busy. A few Air finishers and he's usually out.

funkmastergeneral said:

WTF, lol.

Xenon said:
I think the guy in the hoverchair revives the zombies. Its best to just forget about them and go straight for him. I usually drop my spider between him and the zombies to keep them busy. A few Air finishers and he's usually out.

So...This spider thing...is it important? I've never used a spider before. Might explain my problems.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Question: why am I having so much damn fun playing this game?

Also:

I'm still lost with the whole rune/charm thing. When I have a charm selected and complete the quest, should I unequip it and try to complete the next charm quest? THANKS MR. DYACK FOR DEVOTING EXACTLY ZERO PAGES IN THE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET TO RUNES AND CHARMS.

Also II: I didn't realize I could roll until and hour into a game. Not the game's fault, just me being a moron.

After I beat it I'm down for co-op!

Xenon

funkmastergeneral said:
So...This spider thing...is it important? I've never used a spider before. Might explain my problems.

Yes. Battle cries(x button) can help get you through tough opponents as well. I burn through them on the floating zombies with the dreds. Also use the grenade from the rifle to clear guys out when your swarmed.

I'm still lost with the whole rune/charm thing. When I have a charm selected and complete the quest, should I unequip it and try to complete the next charm quest? THANKS MR. DYACK FOR DEVOTING EXACTLY ZERO PAGES IN THE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET TO RUNES AND CHARMS.

Don't mess with that, once you start you'll be switching them out all the time. This has doubled the time it takes to go through levels. =P

Wow, just ran through level 3 for the first time. I never found a red gear before but on this level I found all except the helm and shoulder armor of some red set. It looks fucking hot >< Requires level 22 :) Just need the shoulder and helm now >< woo

Has anyone got the elite armor achievement or the finding all wells achievement PM with help please on the details.

Oh and 1up megaguide is out. Its rubbish doesn't really help.

goldenpp72

ya know being a host is a bitch in this game, you should be able to filter by level since the game can pit a level 1 against a level fucking 50. I mean, what the fuck is a level 3 player thinking when joining a 49? How far is he gonna get?

DarkAngelYuna said:
Wow, just ran through level 3 for the first time. I never found a red gear before but on this level I found all except the helm and shoulder armor of some red set. It looks fucking hot >< Requires level 22 :) Just need the shoulder and helm now >< woo

you sure that's not orange drops you are getting?

VaLiancY

xxjuicesxx said:
Has anyone got the elite armor achievement or the finding all wells achievement PM with help please on the details.

Oh and 1up megaguide is out. Its rubbish doesn't really help.

This.

Combine

Banned
Hmm, I guess maybe I'm alone in the world when I actually am enjoying the game's story?

I'm only a little into the second level but I'm very satisfied with what I've seen. I don't think the cinematics are that bad, I've certainly seen far far worse fare from plenty of Japanese animu RPG's recently. The voice acting seems quite solid, particularly Baldur, Heimdall, Freya and Loki (though Thor's is definitely a bit too gruff).

I actually spent a lot of time walking around Aesir HQ exploring and listening to the conversations that take place, getting more of the backstory (I really loved the part though where
Heimdall turns off the holographic illusion in his office to show the true world around him.
, and I also enjoyed the
Loki interogation sequence
. Though, one thing I do wish had been implemented was an "Examine" option like there was in Eternal Darkness. I personally enjoy learning about the game world and why things exist in it, especially in a more story-driven game.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to progressing further. It's certainly not the best game out there, but I'm enjoying it.

goldenpp72 said:
ya know being a host is a bitch in this game, you should be able to filter by level since the game can pit a level 1 against a level fucking 50. I mean, what the fuck is a level 3 player thinking when joining a 49? How far is he gonna get?

I'm sure hes thinking I'm going to let the other dude kill the enemies and I'll die a lot until I level up really reallly really fast. Kinda like how I did :)

grendelrt

Combine said:
Hmm, I guess maybe I'm alone in the world when I actually am enjoying the game's story?

I'm only a little into the second level but I'm very satisfied with what I've seen. I don't think the cinematics are that bad, I've certainly seen far far worse fare from plenty of Japanese animu RPG's recently. The voice acting seems quite solid, particularly Baldur, Heimdall, Freya and Loki (though Thor's is definitely a bit too gruff).

I actually spent a lot of time walking around Aesir HQ exploring and listening to the conversations that take place, getting more of the backstory (I really loved the part though where
Heimdall turns off the holographic illusion in his office to show the true world around him.
, and I also enjoyed the
Loki interogation sequence
. Though, one thing I do wish had been implemented was an "Examine" option like there was in Eternal Darkness. I personally enjoy learning about the game world and why things exist in it, especially in a more story-driven game.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to progressing further. It's certainly not the best game out there, but I'm enjoying it.

I really enjoy the story as well. That part in the
office with the hologram was really awesome.

EazyB

Banned
Although I told myself I wasn't going to buy it after reading the reviews, I broke down and bought it anyways. I've just beaten Grendal and I'm really enjoying it so far.

goldenpp72 said:
i'd rather the game use difficulty levels like pso :)
Me, too.

I love how, at the end
Baldur gets really angry, and drives his weapon through the bloody table. Awesome!
:lol

grendelrt said:
I really enjoy the story as well. That part in the
office with the hologram was really awesome.
YES. My jaw dropped when that happened. That scene was too cool.

Combine

Banned
U K Narayan said:
Me, too.

I love how, at the end
Baldur gets really angry, and drives his weapon through the bloody table. Awesome!
:lol

YES. My jaw dropped when that happened. That scene was too cool.
Indeed. That actually brings up something else. I'm actually liking the graphics. Yes, there is an extremely valid complaint about the repetetiveness of the levels, that is undeniable. But location-wise, I really love the way SK has crafted each area and given them a respective look (Asgard in particular). I do wish the rooms were not so large and empty, but, given the magnitude of the battles and the addition of co-op, I can't figure out a way for them to be anything else.

There is a lack of graphical consistency too though. I think a good part of the problem is the framerate. It is not locked for solid performance. This actually also makes the animations look even worse than they may actually be (though I certanly concede that they aren't anything that special, but I did not find them utterly horrid). In Aesir HQ for example, there was a time when the framerate locked in place for a moment (while I was walking in Tyr's forge) and everything looked nice while moving around, which was sadly not the case all the time. Cyberspace is another concern for me, as there seems to be a lot of unecessary open space where you just walk around, and not all the sights looked that great (some of the foliage looked bad)

I love what I see of Asgard though, and I wish we could have explored the city outside of Aesir HQ (I haven't gone through the whole game, but from what I've heard it doesn't seem like it happens). Maybe in the sequel please?

How long is the last level compared to the rest? Imo level 2 was pretty fing long while 1 and 3 were kinda short. I'm between 3 and 4 with only 8 hours on the clock.

Top Bottom