• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Ricker

Man,playing as a Commando in the Ice Forest is hard as heck...i must of died 15 times already...are you guys sure the ennemy scale to my level? because i could swear at level 12 starting in there,i'm like way too low i die so much...Commando needs to juggle ranged to get combo points but my defense is so weak if i melee to start,i die so quick i don't have time to get combo points...maybe my Champion will be better in there.

And yes i agree Loki is awesome in this game,very well done,he freaks me out.

Aladuf

Banned
Jtyettis said:
What is everyones play time.

Nearing 50 hours already. :D
Just under 9 hours for me but that's just from buying it and playing it yesterday. I'm actually getting ready to hop on now and finish up the game and hopefully get started on some co-op with Shins.

Shins

Banned
Jtyettis said:
What is everyones play time.
I'm at around 17 hours, all single player. I messed around a lot in Aesir while playing through the first time, and was just generally taking my time trying to understand how the game's structure. Now that I'm on my second runthrough, I'm already nearing the end of the Ice Forest in a third of the time it took the first time.

I got the achievement for completing Hall of Heroes without dying, and was well on my way in the Ice Forest, even while doing the challenge rooms, only to bite the bullet on a random encounter with the exploding polarity guys. I turned off the game in disgust.

Aladuf said:
I'm actually getting ready to hop on now and finish up the game and hopefully get started on some co-op with Shins.
Less talk, more finish game.

Finished the campaign, fun game. I'm getting so much damn loot, but have been using the same swords for 10 levels and can't find a replacment -_-

Still waiting on my first red drop.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'm about 4 hours in and midway through the ice forest (I think). This level is EPIC! Wow... anyone find the secret room on teh level? HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

I'm a defender. Anyone else feels rifles are more effective than cannons? I love lobbing in grenades with my rifle at a group of goblins.

Chrange

Banned
RSTEIN said:
I'm about 4 hours in and midway through the ice forest (I think). This level is EPIC! Wow... anyone find the secret room on teh level? HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

I'm a defender. Anyone else feels rifles are more effective than cannons? I love lobbing in grenades with my rifle at a group of goblins.

Some of the secret areas are insane - the size of full levels in other games. I was a bit disappointed at one that took me a long time to get through, then yielded just a single Obelisk at the end :lol

Zertez

Ricker said:
Man,playing as a Commando in the Ice Forest is hard as heck...i must of died 15 times already...are you guys sure the ennemy scale to my level? because i could swear at level 12 starting in there,i'm like way too low i die so much...Commando needs to juggle ranged to get combo points but my defense is so weak if i melee to start,i die so quick i don't have time to get combo points...maybe my Champion will be better in there.

And yes i agree Loki is awesome in this game,very well done,he freaks me out.
Ice Forest is brutal for a Commando. I died more times here than the rest of the levels combined. Commandos start off a little weak, but pick up around level 18. Be sure to use your battle cries often and spider when needed. At level 35, Ice Forest still gives me problems, but I tear through every level besides it. As a Commando, it is easy to clear Hel with zero deaths.

A friend and I were playing through level 2 last night and we encountered some kind of glitch where he was unable to get off the elevator to fight so I had to solo the boss myself. Anyone else encounter this?

Also does anyone know what "soothing" and "aggressive" does?

Chrange

Banned
Fenrir is unleashed when you click the sticks in - then he goes off and does his own thing. I think the recycle time is about 25 minutes, so I only use it when absolutely necessary.

Soothing is an aggro reduction. Aggression is an aggro buff.

Just beat the game.

Holy SHIT @ the ending :lol. Funniest shit ever.

I'd be up for a Too Human 2. I just rented this game can got to 31, but the combat and depth seems interesting. My only complaint is the lack of dungeons. There are a lack of epic bosses and maps (or am I wrong?) for Lvl 50 guys to try to tackle.

Also does anyone have that gif of where Thor tries to hit some object with a hammer and flies backwards? Its probably the worst animated thing ever. Fucking hilarious.

This game doesn't deserve hate though. Its a lot of fun.

Grecco

It says ive got 12hrs already and im just at lvl 24 and before Hel

problem is the timer continues to tick when you pause the game. So that timer isnt acurate for me. I left it on a couple of days ago when i went to go pick up some medicine at the pharmacy. :lol

Sabotage

My human Champion in the upper 30's (dont remember)
th582408.jpg

Grecco said:
Aggro means atracting mobs. If i have agro trolls will want to attack me and not you.

Which is why people that wish to tank should always maintain aggro over the rest of your party members.

Edit: Holy shit, sabotage...

Grecco

xS1TH L0RDx said:
Which is why people that wish to tank should always maintain aggro over the rest of your party members.

Edit: Holy shit, sabotage...

I wiped my raid a couple of times back when we were doing the spider boss in ZG. So yeah i got that shit down pat after a while :lol

Anyways got three Orange pieces in The World Snake. Fun stage. (better than Ice Forest)

GaryD

Me and my mate got stuck in an area in the Ice Forrest. It was all the way down the end of one of the levels where the jump pads are. I hit some guy into a wall and it showed a little cinimatic down the other end of the part of this area with the roof falling down or something. Then we couldn't get out of the area because there was a red laser wall and we didn't know what to do.

Also, I am Champion/Cybernetic and all the sword drops seem to be for humans only? Did I gimp the setup of my character or am I just having bad luck with drops? I am Lvl 14 and a crappy blue sword :(

Also in part of cyberspace there has been areas with some purple stuff around the bits that me and my mate don't seem to have the skill to remove. Is this something we missed or is it a skill that you get later and you come back for on another run through?

Mifune

Mehmber
If anyone wants to play co-op with a level 34 Berserker, send me an invite. I'll be on for a little bit.

gamertag: No Cease Fires

Spruchy

Spea by far has the coolest looking character, looks like a bad ass robot from PSO.

I look like an emo hob goblin right now :lol :lol :lol hopefully that'll change when I logon in a bit.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Okay, a bunch more gamertags have been added to the OP. Sorry for taking a while, I had a life for the last two days :lol

FrankT

Just had my first level 50 Epic helmet drop. I was like Berserker, yes!, Human, nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dropped off Grendel fyi.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K add me to the list in the first post for Co-op. Please

Gamertag = Truelize.

I should be on tonight. Looking to play with my level 33 Champion or a brand new character. Whichever.

goldenpp72

alright having played a defender passed level 20, I can say right now the berserker class is pretty poor for this games balance design, the defender doesn't die often and has a better balance towards the games focuses. They really needed to balance the game better.

Edit: Also, i'm looking for a steady partner to help get the no death achievements for levels 2, 3 and 4, my defender abilities are good but im only level 21 with him, I seem to work best with bioengineers with this. also, does anyone have the well achievement? :

Combine

Banned
Ok, just finished the Ice Forest. Play time is at around 7:30 hours.

I honestly did not find Hod difficult, and didn't even die once fighting him. I'm a Champion btw, so I was able to use both ranged and melee to kill him. Very dissappointed with the boss battle music though, I could barely even hear it.

The level itself was definitely challening though, it took me by suprise because for a bit I was going through with no real trouble, but then my deaths started when I encountered multiple trolls. There was one room where I was able to wipe out the entire mob by bringing the entire ceiling down on them by shooting out the supports. I thought that was cool. I also was not able to beat any of the secret challenge areas I found. :(

Looking forward to level 3, a lot of people seem to like that one.

Ironballs

Hopefully the DLC for this game is plentiful and priced reasonably. I'd love a dungeon/ bosses pack or 2 just to keep everything fresh. Hopefully they go a bit further than selling us a couple armor packs. Extra classes will be cool and all, but new scenery would be simply awesome.

kyle (in stereo) said:
Underrated game of the year.

Easily. Undoubtedly. I really love it.

I'm a self-admitted Diablo newb. Mostly gained my lust for skills and weapons from PSX-era JRPGs. And something about this game, man....

FrankT

goldenpp72 said:
alright having played a defender passed level 20, I can say right now the berserker class is pretty poor for this games balance design, the defender doesn't die often and has a better balance towards the games focuses. They really needed to balance the game better.

Edit: Also, i'm looking for a steady partner to help get the no death achievements for levels 2, 3 and 4, my defender abilities are good but im only level 21 with him, I seem to work best with bioengineers with this. also, does anyone have the well achievement? :

The first time I played through I died a lot with my Berserker and I mean a lot lot. As I've leveled to 50 I've learned to play the class a little more efficiently lets just say. I rarely die now and my damage output is just insane after I got my level 50 Epic Staves. Damage output is to the point where I need to slow down a bit sometimes for Seven to build up his combo meter with his Bioengineer. Certain bosses, specifically the final boss in level 3 and the dog in four still have presented some real issues however. I may end up changing my gun selection just for those however. Still this game was made for four player co-op balance imo. Make it happen SK.

_tetsuo_ said:
lvl 50 combat is a completely differnt game. jesus lord

No doubt about it.

mm04

Of those who are level 50, how many hours of playtime did it take you to get there? And how many epics do you have? Thanks!

FrankT

mm04 said:
Of those who are level 50, how many hours of playtime did it take you to get there? And how many epics do you have? Thanks!

I've got 1 Epic charm and 1 Epic weapon set. I also had two Epic helms drop, 1 level 50 and 1 level 30. It took me about 30 or so hours to hit 50 IIRC. I use as much loot drop percentage + rate runes/equipment based gear as I can get. I believe that is capped at 15% and atm I have 12 or 15% IIRC.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
how often does the armor store in Aesir get new/different items in? I'm looking for a helmet and leggings to complete an epic set...

Not sure it seems pretty random I saw two or three different epic weapons on the store at different points during playtime.

I bought an epic hammer from Tyr's shop. I just turned level 40 (berserker) and I haven't seen a single epic level drop. I did buy the hammer though and it is kicking much ass. It looks exactly like the hammer Thor's got.

FoeHammer

Just finished. Damn, what a ride.

Too Human has some problems but when it works, it works. Overall, one of the better games I've played in a long time.

I'm picking the game up today *does the funky Gibbon*

I think I'm going Champion-Human.

If anyone wants to hit me up for co-op my tag is in the O.P, remember I'm on Australian time.

Top Bottom