• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

grendelrt

Finished tonight. Have a Berserker at 31 and a defender at 12. Man I am so going to cap these guys out in co op haha. The ending
where the giant mech warmachine thing steps in front of loki, OMG!!

Aladuf

Banned
I just finished it up, it ended up taking me 11 hours and 30 minutes. What an awesome game, now it's time to level up my character and do some co-op. :D

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
i've had a mixed, but mostly negative experienced. Mainly due to bugs and sloppy design - targeting / camera / balance etc...

Played through once, as a Bezerker.

Finished on level 30. Had a NIGHTMARE fighting the giant rat dog. Must've died a hundred times. Not fun. Just a long grind mainly because I found the camera and targeting system so utterly awful. And getting stuck on people's heads mid-combo is a little sloppy.

I sense this was rushed through bug testing.

Maybe I just don't 'get' this kind of game. It felt like a rushed, high budget version of Gauntlett Dark Legacy. Have I missed something.

boutrosinit said:
i've had a mixed, but mostly negative experienced. Mainly due to bugs and sloppy design - targeting / camera / balance etc...

Finished on level 30. Had a NIGHTMARE fighting the giant rat dog. Must've died a hundred times. Not fun. Just a long grind mainly because I found the camera and targeting system so utterly awful. And getting stuck on people's heads mid-combo is a little sloppy.

Maybe I just don't 'get' this kind of game. It felt like a rushed, high budget version of Gauntlett Dark Legacy. Have I missed something.

I don't know, what camera are you using?

boutrosinit said:

as a beserker, fighting the giant dog all I did was shoot him, reload, and get out of the way of his missiles. rinse repeat.

FoeHammer

funkmastergeneral said:
as a beserker, fighting the giant dog all I did was shoot him, reload, and get out of the way of his missiles. rinse repeat.

Same here. I just concentrated on moving to attack his flank, and I don't think I died once.

Kayas

Neo Member
Finally grabbed a copy and played a few hours today. Went through the first area and started the Ice Forest and I'm having a pretty good time with it.
When I first started and without thinking about what it would do, I set it to auto salvage everything for some reason, and it cleared my inventory and then kept deleting everything for about the next half hour of play. I finally realized what the hell I did and turned it quickly off. :D
I liked the demo quite a bit and the game doesn't let me down. But I will say the death animation with the Valkyrie coming for me is more than I can handle if I'm dying two or three times too quickly. But nothing that would stop me from playing.

EazyB

Banned
Just beat the campaign with a lvl 29 Bio Engineer game time 11 hrs. I enjoyed it but it still kinda felt like playing the SP component of PSO. The story elements sprinkled in there were nice, but I would've liked a lot more. It felt like the story was finally getting started just to have the credits roll directly after.

The levels began to drag on after about an hour on each so I'd like SK to shift their design so that there are more shorter levels with more bosses/mini-bosses and story elements. I plan on maxing my character out and dabbing into the other classes a bit.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
nakedsushi said:
12 second review of Too Human here. I think I summed it up nicely.

I dunno, you only get the story cutscenes if you play it in single player. I imagine the repetitive hacking is more fun with a friend, though, yeah.

Riddler

boutrosinit said:

You got stuck? It just knocks down the enemy(which is good) and you can roll away to do a slide attack/grenade/pistol/cannon them. Its a good way to kill enemies at higher levels.

Also about the giant rat dog you have to gun him down(which is tough for bezerkers).

grendelrt said:
Finished tonight. Have a Berserker at 31 and a defender at 12. Man I am so going to cap these guys out in co op haha. The ending
where the giant mech warmachine thing steps in front of loki, OMG!!

I could use that last shot as a desktop image. It was awesome and really had me wanting the next game.

Finished the game clocking in at 11.5 hours with a 32 Bioengineer. I don't get the complaints about playing Bio as I only died about 5 times and was whooping people's ass with guns and melee.

My main complaint here was the story. I mean seriously, what the fuck just happened? I truly have no idea what happened besides near the end where it got interesting. I was really dissapointed at the story and if anyone can sum it up, please do.

The combat in this game truly shines and the camera wasn't nearly as bad as I predicted. Once you got the hang of juggling, fierces, ruiners, and the advanced combat the game is a JOY to play.

Another complaint of mine was targeting. Not with melee as that worked well for me, but for ballistics. Especially bosses where you had to target different pieces so pistols were worthless because after you destroyed the main piece one pistol was the only one that could do additional damage.

Also the bosses sucked. I actually enjoyed the dragon-type one and the last boss had me on the edge of my seat because I hadn't died the entire level and was trying to get the achievement (I did :)). The first boss and the second boss might be the most worthless bosses I have ever played and the second was a disaster.

Overall though the game was addicting and fun with a few frustrations along the way. About a 7.5 or 8 in my book but no way a C- or a 5.5. The game has flaws, I get it, but you cannot deny that the loot system keeps you coming back for more and the skill trees add alot of customization. If you like loot-gathering action RPGs, buy this game now you wont be dissapointed. Off to start the campaign again...

PARANO1A

JordoftheDead said:
I'm picking the game up today *does the funky Gibbon*

I think I'm going Champion-Human.

If anyone wants to hit me up for co-op my tag is in the O.P, remember I'm on Australian time.
Where in Australia are you getting it? It's not out officially until Thursday but I want it now now now!

border

DarkAngelYuna said:
What level do you guys think so far is the best to repeat to level and find loot quickly?
Easily Hall of Heroes. Tons of loot pinatas, easy challenge areas, and many wells to activate (lotsa charms require well activation). Plus it's the level that has the least amount of bullshit encounters, and Grendel is a pushover.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Made it through the ice forest, and I couldn't say that I had a good time doing so. And the boss battle was beyond stupid and boring. There are some things I really like about this game, but man, SK really fucked up on a lot of other things.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It would be awesome if SK added maybe 3 or 4 new enemy layouts per area. Get a nice mix of all the enemy types and have them randomly generate. I guess you could do that in a patch? Maybe?

goldenpp72

I would have rathered the levels be about half as long as they are (speaking of level 2 and 4) and then in place have 2 more unique areas.. some of the levels are too long.

Xamdou

Had tons of fun playing online, but for Too Human 2 these need to be added to make the game even better:

1. 4 Player Co-OP
2. More variation of enemies.
3. Better Boss battles.
4. Option to play Co-Op with SP Cinema.
5. Online auction house where you put rare items for sale.
6. Better explanation of Charms and Runes for beginners.
7. Have other Norse Gods as playable character bases for classes rather than just bald-headed Baldur.

goldenpp72

on top of that list, better aiming system, cleaned up framerate, more levels, less length in the levels, more variety in weapons etc, more reasons to keep playing, better balance of the classes, especially in single player..

boutrosinit

Riddler said:
You got stuck? It just knocks down the enemy(which is good) and you can roll away to do a slide attack/grenade/pistol/cannon them. Its a good way to kill enemies at higher levels.

Also about the giant rat dog you have to gun him down(which is tough for bezerkers).

Tough ain't kidding. I was using the rifle which took too long, then switched to handguns. It took me about 30-40 minutes.

So bloody tedious just rolling and blasting for that length of time.

EazyB

Banned
boutrosinit said:
Tough ain't kidding. I was using the rifle which took too long, then switched to handguns. It took me about 30-40 minutes.

So bloody tedious just rolling and blasting for that length of time.
Makes ya wonder if they even playtested that boss with a berserker. As a Bio it didn't take that long but the repetitious rolling/shooting tactic is super lame.

jrricky

Banned
I take back what I said before of not going back. I learned yesterday at work that you can go back and replay levels with your your own skills to find others secrets you have missed so I plan on doing that until Im satisfied, then ill send it back.

Riddler

Well finished the game acouple times this weekend and loved it. Made it to lvl 45 with my Champion/Human and got a red lvl 30 epic helm and 2 red epic charms. Looks like its going to take a long time to get that 7 piece epic armor. Anyways here are some pics.

stats.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

PARANO1A said:
Where in Australia are you getting it? It's not out officially until Thursday but I want it now now now!

I'm going to punch someone...
GAME broke street date and were selling it in around Melbourne today.
I was told I could pick up a copy at any stage today. The fat bastard swore there was no streetdate (even though JB and EB said there was) and that they had been told by head-office to go ahead and sell.
I'm all set to leave work a tad early, and I ring to check they have copies in:

GAME jerk: "Sorry man, we weren't meant to be selling it after all,and head office have told all stores to pull the copies until Thursday. You should have come in earlier!"

I swear I nearly pissed into the reciever hoping it would travel down the phoneline into his mouth.

God I hate GAME. Overpriced hole that it is.

I'm just going to get it from JB Hi Fi on Thursday...

*cries*

jrricky

Banned
Oh yeah, one thing I never criticized, was how awful the targeting in the game was. Nothin irked me as much when you have multiple enemies coming at you and you want to target the ones that give status effects but you cant cause when you hit the right stick you begin to shoot at air.

This game better blow me away next sequel, surprisingly im lookin forward to it to see how the story turns out cause the ending was the best part of the story for me.

Things to fix:
- try a new art style, or improve this one.
- get rid of the bugs, seriously you shouldnt be floating on top of an enemy in the sequel.
- put more variety in the combat.
- fix the horrible boss fights
- make items that can cure status effects
- menus should be faster
- overhaul the targeting system
- and the worst gripe of all, get rid of that game over death sequence or make it faster.

Get all those right SK and your set for home.

Xenon

It really is a different game the second time through. I’m on the Ice forest with my level 43 commando and its starting to get painful. Mainly due to the fact that I still do not get the different effects shooting and melee have on light and dark polarities. I may break down and get the prime guide, something I haven't done since Soul Calibur on the dreamcast. In the Ice forest I did find out about the
part where you can shoot out the generators to send the platform above crashing down revealing an obelisk. Next time I want to try it BEFORE I kill all the monsters :D

I find myself getting less annoyed by dying and the lack of penalty for it, mainly because it happens more often now. The one thing I would change is that no effect should take a 100% of your health. It should leave you @ 1% and give you a fighting chance. Some of the best moments in this game have come from when I was near death and trying to kill for a health drop.

Last thing is the smart inventory management isn’t that smart about the charms. In cyberspace I had a obelisk drop some charm quests. It looked like I didn't have room for the two blue and one purple. So I cleaned a couple out and figured it would pick up at least the purple. It did but as a was leaving I saw another in the tree. It was an Epic quest, WTF.

akenatone

i'm taking a break before the last level on my first playthrough. I am a level 26 cybernetic champion, and i am holding my own so far (less than 5 deaths i think). i am hoping to finish it tonight or tomorrow.
Looking forward to co-op, and i am keeping a pretty nice orange level 40 weapon with an almost 1200 attack and 4 empty rune slots as a gift for some lucky berseker i play coop with.

jrricky

Banned
OK, I want to go back to different levels now, how do i do it?

EDIT:
akenatone said:
i'm taking a bread before the last level on my first playthrough. I am a level 26 cybernetic champion, and i am holding my own so far (less than 5 deaths i think). i am hoping to finish it tonight or tomorrow.
Looking forward to co-op, and i am keeping a pretty nice orange level 40 weapon with an almost 1200 attack and 4 empty rune slots as a gift for some lucky berseker i play coop with.
WTF? O_O. How did u manage that....

akenatone

one you get used to the mechanics of sending people flying plus the chapion's air damage battle cry increase, things just die really fast.
i had a custom rifle that i inserted some loot drop charms in. comes in pretty handy for rare stuff. except that i sold it by mistake.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Riddler said:
Well finished the game acouple times this weekend and loved it. Made it to lvl 45 with my Champion/Human and got a red lvl 30 epic helm and 2 red epic charms. Looks like its going to take a long time to get that 7 piece epic armor. Anyways here are some pics.

stats.jpg

Holy crap, you beat the game twice and only died 14 times? From what some of the people in this thread are saying, what you've done seems like a massive feat.

boutrosinit

EazyB said:
Makes ya wonder if they even playtested that boss with a berserker. As a Bio it didn't take that long but the repetitious rolling/shooting tactic is super lame.

The sense I get is that this was barely playtested at all. Really rough, unbalanced boss battles. Not much fun either. And those weird floating fat dudes in spaceships were just... weird.

boutrosinit

jrricky said:
Oh yeah, one thing I never criticized, was how awful the targeting in the game was. Nothin irked me as much when you have multiple enemies coming at you and you want to target the ones that give status effects but you cant cause when you hit the right stick you begin to shoot at air.

This game better blow me away next sequel, surprisingly im lookin forward to it to see how the story turns out cause the ending was the best part of the story for me.

Things to fix:
- try a new art style, or improve this one.
- get rid of the bugs, seriously you shouldnt be floating on top of an enemy in the sequel.
- put more variety in the combat.
- fix the horrible boss fights
- make items that can cure status effects
- menus should be faster
- overhaul the targeting system
- and the worst gripe of all, get rid of that game over death sequence or make it faster.

Get all those right SK and your set for home.

I agree 100% with this post.

Dyack - you better read this.

Grecco

boutrosinit said:
The sense I get is that this was barely playtested at all. Really rough, unbalanced boss battles. Not much fun either. And those weird floating fat dudes in spaceships were just... weird.

I died 37 times vs Hel

Compared to 1 vs The giant Trol 2 vs Garn 1 vs the Boss in the Ice Forest and 2 vs Grendel.

funkmastergeneral said:
The only problem with this is I hate the bosses, but love the levels. I always dread getting to the boss fights, they're awful.

Cant be quoted enough. i don't like the fact that I pretty much have to be a commando in order to take them down easily. If I am a beserker then I expect to be able to use my blades instead of using my pistols. The dog-rat boss is a perfect example. The sequel has so much potential but it's going to need work such as:

1. Player controlled camera. The camera is workable in game but I got into many situations where I couldn't see the health pods because the game was trying to focus on boss or enemies on the screen. Even in Iso and Strategic I still ran into this problem

2. Death annimation. I'm not sure how this can be changed. I heard that TH uses the death annimation to load the game, but still something has got to change. When I die 5 times within 3 minutes watching this annimation takes me out of the experience.

3. Better boss battles. Like mentioned above the boss battles suck. They need to be on par with battles like God of War or even DMC.

4. Better animations. Lets face it the game gets the job done but the animations are horrible.
The scene where loki takes out his whip thingie was unbearable he knocked over 6 guys and the animation looked like he knocked down dominoes. The cutscenes need major work for the next game

5. BUG TESTING x5. It feels like TH was rushed out the door. I would have rather waited another year to play this game if it meant less bugs. I found clipping, sound, graphic bugs, etc.

6. Focus testing. The staff at SK might understand their game but it doesn't mean that everyone else does. Don't get me wrong the game could be picked up and learnt for the most part but their are things in the game that aren't explained the best way are at all.

I really enjoyed the game but could only feel it could do so much better. Without a doubt the game does not deserve all the hate it's received. The 5.5 from Gamespot is absolutely mind bogeling. It deserves a minimum of a 7.0. The game does have some flaws but nothing gamebreaking. Denis fix these issues for TH2 and shut up the haters.

Grecco said:
I died 37 times vs Hel

Compared to 1 vs The giant Trol 2 vs Garn 1 vs the Boss in the Ice Forest and 2 vs Grendel.

So what was so hard about that fight for you? I think I only died around 4-5 times Level 29 champion when I fought her.

Grecco

wayward archer said:
So what was so hard about that fight for you? I think I only died around 4-5 times Level 29 champion when I fought her.

The Warlock esque Life Drain that reaches accros the room takes away inmense amounts of life quickly and actually takes away combo as well.

Or the homeing dragon heads? Or having her consistantly spawn 10 adds.?

I tried killing off the adds then her i tried focusing on her and ignoring the adds. I tried just using finishers. She blockes them with some stupid kick attack. Horrible frustrating experience compaared to the previous 4 bosses.

Top Bottom