• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

SickBoy said:
Right, a "new engine" ;)
-- first boss for example, is so straightforward but you get the impression from the setting that you're supposed to do something else...

I felt the very same.

I'm looking forward to the unedited, uncut, Too Human - Viking Donkey-Punch version. maybe with a documentary thrown in regarding Silcon Knight's David to Epic's Goliath.

SPEA said:
I want it! :(

I can't see this because I'm at work but I'm guessing its awesome?

BTW on the topic of charms, do you get various charms just like regular loot drops or do you only start to receive better charms once the basic ones have been completed first?

border

The charm sets off a gravity vortex that sucks all the nearby enemies into it. It looks cool in a YouTube highlight reel, but I was playing with someone last night who claimed to have it and I rarely if ever saw it go off. It's like getting a free, random ruiner every once in a while though.

Chrange

Banned
border said:
The charm sets off a gravity vortex that sucks all the nearby enemies into it. It looks cool in a YouTube highlight reel, but I was playing with someone last night who claimed to have it and I rarely if ever saw it go off. It's like getting a free, random ruiner every once in a while though.

You can see it go off twice at the same time.

FrankT

border said:

You actually saw it go off or not. You have to actually complete the Teir 3 charm requirements before you can even have this work .

I must say, I love how everyone talks about playing together, doing level runs, helping each other out, etc.

It's like were all one big Too Human happy family! :D

well the second boss wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. the platforms were a pain in the ass for my beserker but beating him up was a piece of cake. got my first red goody too, a nice sword.

PhatSaqs

Banned
About charms. Is it beneficial to keep low level completed charms? For the higher level ones, are they just drops or do they require completed low level ones before they'll show?

FrankT

VaLiancY said:
We'll get it tonight....
and a fucking helm for my 'zerker

FYI, had the Epic Human Berserker helm drop off Grendel and the Epic Cybernetic Berserker helm drop off Hel.

Tempted to get the guide as I've heard each boss has a chance to drop certain class epics. Perhaps someone will put a nice guide to loot drops online.

akenatone

just checked the back of the guide at a gamestop. it seems there is an epic level 50 armor set, and then and epic level 50 blueprint armor set that costs around a million to craft each piece. The only difference i saw was the blueprints had all the runes filled and a higher armor rating for the boots.

VaLiancY

Jtyettis said:
FYI, had the Epic Human Berserker helm drop off Grendel and the Epic Cybernetic Berserker helm drop off Hel.

Tempted to get the guide as I've heard each boss has a chance to drop certain class epics. Perhaps someone will put a nice guide to loot drops online.

You're trying very hard to make play Grendel over and over tonight.
You've succeeded in strides

I found my first epic charm and epic staff last night. The staff is amazing and the charm is something like "weapons armor all stats +1" and it has the gravity vortex thing, but I need to kill 12,000 enemies in the air to unlock it!!!!!!! This is going to take awhile.....

mm04

So far, the Ice Forest has been full of fail for me. I died once in the last level during the GRENDL fight and I've bitten the dust at least 7 or 8 times so far. Range attacks are a bitch. Hod awaits me when I log back in tonight.

To top it off, the first challenge room bugged out on me. I killed the first 2 waves and then nothing happened. No more mobs appeared and I couldn't even exit the room. I had to save and then exit the game and come back. I got to the second challenge room ready to collect that phat lewt that's rightfully mine and promptly got my ass kicked in about 1 minute. At least this guarantees I'll replay this level since I hate failing challenge rooms and my drops have been pretty crappy so far.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
mm04 said:
So far, the Ice Forest has been full of fail for me. I died once in the last level during the GRENDL fight and I've bitten the dust at least 7 or 8 times so far. Range attacks are a bitch. Hod awaits me when I log back in tonight.

To top it off, the first challenge room bugged out on me. I killed the first 2 waves and then nothing happened. No more mobs appeared and I couldn't even exit the room. I had to save and then exit the game and come back. I got to the second challenge room ready to collect that phat lewt that's rightfully mine and promptly got my ass kicked in about 1 minute. At least this guarantees I'll replay this level since I hate failing challenge rooms and my drops have been pretty crappy so far.

there are elevators in the challenge rooms for the ice forest.

mm04

_tetsuo_ said:
there are elevators in the challenge rooms for the ice forest.

That makes me a double failure! I walked around the open area a few times looking for any clue as to what I needed to do next and I couldn't find it. Oh well, next time. Thanks for the info.

bathala

Banned
kyle (in stereo) said:
I have no idea why you'd be using a gun on the second boss
when he dodges all projectiles
yes he does that flip, but when u melee him and dodge right away he will stand there for a while ready to get sprayed on.

he also stand still to shoot his guns. Also, my ruiner freezes him for a while which is another shot

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Ya, i find some stuff every now and then. Like yesterday in the ice forest i found out that a few times there is a platform off to the side of a pathway. Couple obelisks there. Also i found a bonus room in World Serpent (with the well where u turn on the ship, theres an elevator leading to a room full of trolls with 3 obelisk in it) for the first time yesterday and a destroyable door in Helhiem.

Also, i kill Hod in quickly all the time. The extra blast radius from the Commando's grenades catch him.

Doodis

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Anyone heard anywhere yet if there is going to be a soundtrack released for the game? I just want that music damnit!
Yes, it is coming, but we don't know when. Denis posted the other day at toohuman.net saying that he'd just listened to the final mix of the soundtrack.

EDIT: That gravity vortex charm = holy hell, son!

EazyB

Banned
Chrange said:
A video from the wild world of YouTube, showing an epic charm in action.
I played co-op with a kid that had that charm. Funny thing is, it went off and we were both like "WTF". He didn't even realize that his charm did that :p

TheGrue

goldenpp72 said:
the problem with too humans longevity for me is that it's just too frustrating to play, one of the fun things in rpgs is being able to outlevel your enemies and in too human it seems the more you level the harder it becomes, wrong way SK!

If they didn't scale level, with only 4 levels to play on, you'd be complaining that you outleveled everything and there is no reason to play. With level scaling, you can keep going to the same 4 levels and hopefully enjoy a challenge every time.

Raide

DiscoJason said:
If they didn't scale level, with only 4 levels to play on, you'd be complaining that you outleveled everything and there is no reason to play. With level scaling, you can keep going to the same 4 levels and hopefully enjoy a challenge every time.

This.

PSO got around it by forcing you to try a harder difficulty just to progress. you only restarted the game and did the same levels over and over anyway. Too Human cuts out the need to select a higher difficulty, just so you can have a challenge. The downside is that you cannot jump into low level areas and pwn all of the low level mobs with your lvl 50. :D

goldenpp72

DiscoJason said:

Incorrect, just have 3 or 4 difficulty level sets. That's how it should be done. With experience to scale of course (don't get as much exp on easy as you do on omg hard)

PARANO1A

With charms, do you need to have them equipped while you do the requirements? Eg. if I need to pick up 10 blueprints, will I meet the requirements if I find 10 without the charm equipped?

Had my first play of level 1 last night and had some fun. Man that boss fight sucked though, unless there was something I was missing. Walk backwards and shoot as a berserker sucked.

goldenpp72

no, they have to be equipped in one of the 2 slots to count towards progress, one of the more cumbersome aspects is that you also can't insert ruins into the charms unless their equipped.. even worse is how the screen kicks you out each ruin, very silly design.

Combine

Banned
Listening to the interview, Denis pretty much confirms/promises that 4 player co-op will come in either in DLC or the sequels. I just hope he can deliver.

I definitely recommend listening to it, he actually does address the issues most people have brought up (you may or may not agree with his answers of course). I hope someone can go and make a bullet point list of all the stuff he says.

He almost answered a question about the new classes planned for the sequel but stopped himself saying "he'd get in trouble" (argh!). He just noted that his favorite class didn't make it into the first game.

VaLiancY

Come on Dennis, give me a caster or something like the Sentinel in Mass Effect. I really wanted the Bioengineer to be a support class with the ability to cast status effects and also do some healing.

I must listen to this interview.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
goldenpp72 said:
Incorrect, just have 3 or 4 difficulty level sets. That's how it should be done. With experience to scale of course (don't get as much exp on easy as you do on omg hard)

Pretty much everything ive experienced in the game leads me to believe that the game was balanced around lvl 50, making the selctable difficulty levels not needed.

That said, i would have rathered selectable difficulty levels as well.

goldenpp72

oh and for you guys who care, the rune achievement (collect 1000) does work by buying them in the shops, even the color ones, I just got it by buying one :p

goldenpp72 said:
oh and for you guys who care, the rune achievement (collect 1000) does work by buying them in the shops, even the color ones, I just got it by buying one :p

Thanks. One of the achievement I don't have yet.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Sweet so if there is another Too Human it will kinda be like the .hack games. Gives me a reason to lvl up.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
JUST FINISHED THE ICE FOREST \o/

I'm level 20, put 7 hours in, and have died 11 times.

Oh, and I just got my first orange drop! :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How awesome would this game be if it had a hub world where we could all meet up and trade. Just like in PSO.

I'll tell you how awesome. SUPER CRAZY FROTHING MOUTH BADGER AWESOME!!!

That's how awesome. :D

So is there anyway to get a piece of an armour set that you need?
Let me clarify. When I start a new character and roll through the Halls of Heroes I get pieces for a Dragon something something set. The closest I have come to getting all the armour pieces was when I was only missing the boots. Now when I take that same character through the same levels again I'm a higher level and I'm getting completely different drops. I'm getting higher level armour but they aren't better than this Dragon set. When I progress to the Ice Forest I'm also getting completely different stuff.

Any solutions for this kinda stuff? Is my only option to make another character that is the same class, roll through the Hall of Heroes and hope to get the single piece I'm missing. Meet up with a buddy online. Trade him that piece. Switch my guys. Meet up again with same buddy and have him trade me back?

I can't think of another way.

Chrange

Banned
I'm hoping they can add in three-person co-op via a title update, if not four-player.

There are some areas where having four people probably wouldn't work very well. The one area in World Serpent where there are four trolls in a very small area springs to mind.

goldenpp72

I think the hosting options need to be revamped, for the current too human, they should make it so you can set restrictions so you dont have to be an asshole and kick people. So like, level 30-35 only, bioengineer only, maybe even put a text under the name saying you're looking or trying to do something, would be cool..

Top Bottom