• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

PhatSaqs

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
I think the hosting options need to be revamped, for the current too human, they should make it so you can set restrictions so you dont have to be an asshole and kick people. So like, level 30-35 only, bioengineer only, maybe even put a text under the name saying you're looking or trying to do something, would be cool..
Seems like a no brainer.

I wish there was a join friends game from the dashboard option.

I was playing with Fin my connection drops ten seconds later its back, but no option to easily join back up with him. Look at the online games and his name is nowhere to be found.

goldenpp72

alright people i'm desperate here, I need help beating hel without dying, I have a 50 berserker and a level 40 defender. I have a good connection as well, I need someone who is devoted as I am tired of fuckwards who don't even know how to roll joining my game.

daw840

Alright I just played through the Hall of Heroes without dying and beat GRNDL with out dying, but no achievement. I went into the level through the map, does that matter?

Zertez

daw840 said:
Alright I just played through the Hall of Heroes without dying and beat GRNDL with out dying, but no achievement. I went into the level through the map, does that matter?
I think so. I redid Hel by using the map and didnt die, the achievements did not unlock. I started a new campaign and went through the HoH and got the achievement. Ive only tried it once with no luck, so I dont have a big sample.

Zertez said:
I think so. I redid Hel by using the map and didnt die, the achievements did not unlock. I started a new campaign and went through the HoH and got the achievement. Ive only tried it once with no luck, so I dont have a big sample.
I had the same problem on HoH. I went through the teleport menu and it didn't unlock the achievement.

GaryD

mm04 said:
That makes me a double failure! I walked around the open area a few times looking for any clue as to what I needed to do next and I couldn't find it. Oh well, next time. Thanks for the info.

Yep me and my mate couldn't figure it out either lol.

Is there a list of the secret rooms and where they are?

daw840

Alright I have played this game all the way through, I have a level 33 defender. I replayed the HoH without dying and didn't get the achievement, that pisses me off. Overally I thought the game is awesome, but there is one thing that is really really really pissing me off. How the fuck do you use the charms. Will someone please lay it out to me like I was a 5 year old, because I have not been able to figure this shit out.

All you have to do to activate charms is equip them into one of the two available slots, complete the charm quest, then insert the charms required runes. Also, the completed charm has to stay in one of the two slots to work during gameplay.

daw840

ComeBackTime said:
All you have to do to activate charms is equip them into one of the two available slots, complete the charm quest, then insert the charms required runes. Also, the completed charm has to stay in one of the two slots to work during gameplay.

OK, so I have to insert the runes into the charms and the symbols have to match?

Charms 101

- Charms need two things: the quest and the runes
- To complete the quest, just equip the charm and do whatever you're supposed to do. (e.g. kill 30 monsters with a ruiner)
- Then, add the appropriate runes to the charm by using the "insert" command for an equipped charm
- Once you have both the quest and the proper runes, the charm will be active, but only if it's equipped

Any questions?

daw840 said:
Alright I have played this game all the way through, I have a level 33 defender. I replayed the HoH without dying and didn't get the achievement, that pisses me off. Overally I thought the game is awesome, but there is one thing that is really really really pissing me off. How the fuck do you use the charms. Will someone please lay it out to me like I was a 5 year old, because I have not been able to figure this shit out.

Ok first you will get the grey charms. You need to do their quest WHILE having them equipped. After the quest is done you need to insert RUNES to complete it. After a bunch of grey ones get done you are going to find a Blue level 2 charm. You need to finish the Blue charm quest (whatever it is) and then you need to fill in Completed Grey Charms.

Do this a lot.

Finally you will get a tier 3 Red Epic Charm finish the quest as usual, fill in the Level 2 BLUE charms.

each charm while equipped gives you a bonus effect to either weapons or armor.

daw840

Alright, I think I get it, the grey charms (fully completed) are actually going to be inserted into the blue charms? Then rinse and repeat for the red charms?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just finished my first playthrough, and I still don't know how I feel about this game. The ending seriously made me laugh because of its stupidity. One thing is for sure, it's a hell of a lot better the second time through. I went right back in and beat HoH with my lvl 30 bio and I think I'm having more fun this time. Maybe it's because my bio has good gear now and most of my important skills maxed.

Also, I still haven't played co-op yet, so if anyone wants to play this weekend send me a msg. (BB I'm looking at you)

purg3 said:
Just finished my first playthrough, and I still don't know how I feel about this game. The ending seriously made me laugh because of its stupidity. One thing is for sure, it's a hell of a lot better the second time through. I went right back in and beat HoH with my lvl 30 bio and I think I'm having more fun this time. Maybe it's because my bio has good gear now and most of my important skills maxed.

Also, I still haven't played co-op yet, so if anyone wants to play this weekend send me a msg. (BB I'm looking at you)

This weekend we shall bring Helheim...TO ITS END.

goldenpp72

Alright I got my last unstoppable achievement thanks to akenatone, proving that a good teammate can yield a great result (he didn't die either)

Weird how we barely leveled up though, I even finished one of my rune quest with that :p

fin

daw840 said:
Alright, I think I get it, the grey charms (fully completed) are actually going to be inserted into the blue charms? Then rinse and repeat for the red charms?

yup you'll want the blue into the red.

After about 30 hours I got my Champion at level 50! booya!

Hawk269

I just listened to that podcast or whatever it was that someone posted and I think it was a great listen. You can really tell by listening to Denis that he is very passionate about his game and the future of his game.

He did dodge alot of the DLC questions by simply saying that he really cannot talk about it. The interviewers tried, but he would not give anything up other than he and the team has a ton of ideas and things that they want to add to the game. Like someone mentioned, he did make a comment about hitting level 50 or higher which would imply that there would be a way that they will increase the level cap.

In regards to the 4 player coop he goes into alot of detail of why they could not do it this time around...he did not deny that they cannot do it via another way such as DLC or in the sequel. It mainly came down to the balancing of the game, which makes a bit of sense the way he explained it.

I never got into the whole Denis versus Gaf thing so I am not really informed as to what happened, but just listening to this, he is the kind of developer that I want making games. I spent time with the Bethesda folks a while back at E3 and they gave me the same feeling of being pationate about gaming. Yes, you would think anyone makeing games is passionate, but there is a difference. Denis and the guys at Beth make me feel glad that I am a gamer.

I have yet to even play Too Human due to being on a business trip since last Monday and wont be home till about Thursday night now, so it has been painful for me. Listening to this podcast thing makes me want to play the game even more.

I really hope that Denis brings some substantial DLC for Too Human. I really doubt we will get 4-Player Co-Op, but I do think that we will see some really good stuff...at least I am hoping.

goldenpp72

Can someone here explain to me exactly what an elite armor set is, and I mean someone who knows, not someone who thinks they know.

goldenpp72

That can't be the only thing, someone mentioned how they have a third page or something and they have to be level 30 or 50..

also what do tokens do?

PhatSaqs

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
That can't be the only thing, someone mentioned how they have a third page or something and they have to be level 30 or 50..

also what do tokens do?
Yeah they have 3 pages that explain how each part adds bonuses when the whole set is equipped or somethin like that.

goldenpp72 said:

All of the red items I have received have multiple pages so...I figured that just went without saying.

goldenpp72 said:
also what do tokens do?

No idea. You get them as you progress through levels but I'm not sure when you get them in each level, nor what their purpose is.

Also...Enchanted Onyx is the ONLY way to go when it comes to colouring your armour.

So bad ass...

akenatone

i think the tokens were out in place to stop people from farming bosses. you can't just start a level from the last checkpoint and get good drops. The more tokens you have the better the drops from that level's boss.

VaLiancY

akenatone said:
i think the tokens were out in place to stop people from farming bosses. you can't just start a level from the last checkpoint and get good drops. The more tokens you have the better the drops from that level's boss.

So that's why I got shit drops on World Serpent....

Chrange

Banned
Yeah, you get better loot, but it's hardly a guarantee you'll get an orange - much less a red. We just finished a flawless run of Helheim and the best drop at the end was a purple. Started it again at the last chapter to see if the loot was really worse and it seemed to be...but the final boss in the game dropping a purple for a pair of level 50's was a joke.

akenatone

i know that you can find epic weapons at the shop, but it's rare. as far as armor, i met people who said it was only from bosses, and others who say they got pieces going through levels from killing mob leaders.

Xenon

Jtyettis said:
Epic (red) is the highest armor which at the highest levels come in set piece drops.

I think the colors represent the slots on the item.

White - no slots

Blue - 2 slots

Purple - 3 slots

Orange - 4 slots

Red - 4 slots filled with 4 orange runes.

I'm wondering if there is more too an "epic" item than just being 4 slots with four orange runes.

Shins

Banned
Passed level 40 with my Defender. I can't believe I've already got two 30+ characters. I didn't anticipate putting so much time into this game. I'd like to try a Bioengineer, but I'm a little worn out on the grinding for now. I think I'll just work my Defender up to 50 and try to amass some red loot.

Co-op made Helheim much, much more fun. I was dreading returning, but my friend and I were able to take out Garn and Hel without dying more than once. It really irks me that I started at 4-2. I could have gotten the no deaths achievement. So it goes.

Aladuf

Banned
Killing Hel in co-op in about 2 or so minutes was fucking great. Me and Shins just wrecked her.

Right now my Beserker is at level 41 and I really want to get it up to level 50 so I can give another class a try, just not sure which one to do yet. Probably Bio Engineer so I can be a healer in co-op to help get the achievements for not dying during each level (except Hall of Heroes because that one was easy, did that with no troubles :p)

Aladuf

Banned
That would be ace. I can just see the unnecessary amounts of healing now when we're missing only tiny slivers of health.

PARANO1A

So what are everyone's thoughts on the classes so far? I've started a Berzerker because the melee in this game seems like a lot of fun, but I'm concerned at the need to shift to guns for some of the game (or shifting to weapons as the gun-class I can't remember... commando?)

Phthisis

Got two red drops tonight: a charm that gives +1 to armor, weapons, and health (or something). Not sure what that means, but it's almost done and the requirements for it are a joke: get all tokens in World Serpent.

Second thing was some red pistols. 196 damage with some runes that do shit I've never come across before (+10% halo zone or something like that. Forget the name but it has to do with circles; no idea what it means). Pistols are okay, wish I had got some armor though. This was off Hod by the way.

VaLiancY

Aladuf said:
Killing Hel in co-op in about 2 or so minutes was fucking great. Me and Shins just wrecked her.

Me and SPEA cracked Hel open too, funnything is my Sentient Weapon was up and did tons of fucking damage while his was on cooldown.:lol We only pop those out on hairy situations.

If SPEA's SW was up, it would've been quick and painless.

SPEA

VaLiancY said:
Me and SPEA cracked Hel open too, funnything is my Sentient Weapon was up and did tons of fucking damage while his was on cooldown.:lol We only pop those out on hairy situations.

If SPEA's SW was up, it would've been quick and painless.
Damn right. The Sentient really does some serious damage.

Here is what I'm rockin these days. Still no Epic armor though. I'll get there soon.

THArmor.jpg

Top Bottom