• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

TomServo

Is anyone finding epic armor in the Aesir shop? I've seen plenty of red weapons in Tyr's shop, but no red armor next door.

Asking because I'll turn on my 360 and check the stock in the shops since it changes when you restart the game. Got my epic 1h sword this morning that way. As long as you've got the bounty, it's a quick way to grab an epic.

TomServo said:
Is anyone finding epic armor in the Aesir shop? I've seen plenty of red weapons in Tyr's shop, but no red armor next door.

Asking because I'll turn on my 360 and check the stock in the shops since it changes when you restart the game. Got my epic 1h sword this morning that way. As long as you've got the bounty, it's a quick way to grab an epic.

I bought some level 30-ish epic gloves (Sigurd/Sigmund's Vambraces or something) at the armor shop. Haven't seen anything else though.

BenjaminBirdie said:
In this instance what does it mean by "Mastery"?

It adds a +1 to your that skill tree ability. So on my Commando skill tree I have 10/10 "Cut to the bone", I can get "Cut to the Bone+1" which will make it 11/10 basically.

Soroc

BenjaminBirdie said:
In this instance what does it mean by "Mastery"?

Mastery is like the skills you get in your tree. For example Skulds embrace is the first skill in the left path before the spider. So when you complete 2 pieces of this armor it will add +1 skill point to this skill. This happens even if you have it maxed out at 10, it will add 1 more point making it a total of 11.

Kind of sucks for me since it doesn't seem to have an epic set for the middle tree yet? Probably good though since I feel pretty overpowered as a healer. If i'm playing with a smart player they pretty much will never die. I can keep my shield spider up in almost every room and I have 5 combo points for heals and ruiners. So far I've gotten the World Serpent and Helheim Unstoppable achievements at lvl 50. Was never able to stay alive before 50. :D

kmfdmpig

My thoughts so far.

I am really enjoying this game. Much like Mass Effect I notice a lot of flaws, and think that there is a lot they can do to improve it.
The camera is not too horrible once you get used to it, but it could be better.
The animation is not terrible, but it's not great.

With that said the game is very addictive. There's a lot to do in terms of character improvement, level up, complete a charm, find new loot. Get to the next level to equip loot found two levels ago, find a rune to insert into a level 1 charm to complete a level 2 charm, etc...

This, I think, is what makes the game work.

At this point I have a:
lvl 41 champion (21 hours or so)
lvl 16 Berserker (3+ hours in one sitting)
lvl 14 Defender (3 hours or so)
and
lvl 11 BioEngineer (slightly less than 2 hours I think).

The game certainly has its detractors, and I can understand some of their points, but for me the game is fun, and much like mass effect I find myself putting in a lot of time quickly for it. I'm hoping that the sales are sufficient for a sequel, although I think they will be. Also I would imagine that the cost of a sequel would be a lot lower as they have a solid foundation to build upon which should save them money as well as time.

Ok so I looked into conveyor runs. I gotta say I'm pretty sure this is the way to get epics fastest.

Goto 3-4 Belly of the Beast and just play through til the levels over. Its got about 10 trolls, 10 elite leaders, and 4-5 of those huge spider monsters and the troll armored boss. Keep your combo meter high and loot + at 15% and hope for the best.

I got 3 epics yesterday. Sword (selling) Helm, Gloves.

xxjuicesxx said:
Ok so I looked into conveyor runs. I gotta say I'm pretty sure this is the way to get epics fastest.

Goto 3-4 Belly of the Beast and just play through til the levels over. Its got about 10 trolls, 10 elite leaders, and 4-5 of those huge spider monsters and the troll armored boss. Keep your combo meter high and loot + at 15% and hope for the best.

I got 3 epics yesterday. Sword (selling) Helm, Gloves.

were they your set armor?

Edit: I just got my beserker epic staves and am fucking up dark elves, for the first time in the game I actually feel powerful

FrankT

Yea, I've got between 10-15 epics from conveyer runs so far. Although no armor pieces, but I guess you can get armor pieces. 5/7 of my epic set thus far with all the armor pieces dropping off bosses at about 120 hours in game so far.

Combine

Banned
I think the graphics are pretty damn good, if we just talk about the environment art. While Hall of Heroes and most parts of Cyberspace are somewhat empty, If you actually stop and look around at the world, especially in The World Serpent ,Asgard and Helheim, there are some very cool looking venues.

Of course, if you want to take the graphics as a whole, then there is legitimate criticism. The main points being the inconsistent performance and framerate plus the animations.

Optimization should definitely be the main point of SK's graphics and engineering teams to address for the sequels.

I made a note during the credits of some of the voice acting talent, I naturally recognized some names. Michael Gough, Dave Whittenberg, Kari Whalgren (Nianna), Robert Picardo (Loki!), Steve Blum (Hod).

Here's a great article/interview with some of the voice actors where they discuss the recording process and what they like about their characters: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/giving-voice-to-the-gods/a-2008071012477843010

I've played around 12 hours now, and I can safely this is in my top five favourite games on the system.

Does it have problems? Sure, but the core mechanic is so attractive to me I can't help but be enamoured by the whole experience.

sooooo there's really nothing else to do once you get your level 50 epic set? Game is fun and all but there's just too many good games coming out this fall to keep it much longer from Gamefly.

I can't wait for Too Human 2, however. Hopefully they expand on the almost non-existant story.

Cool I just got a epic charm that has Weapon and Armor effects, and a +1 to all skills. Gives out poison damage.

The quest is to get all Helheim tokens 3 times lol.

Xenon

xxjuicesxx said:
Cool I just got a epic charm that has Weapon and Armor effects, and a +1 to all skills. Gives out poison damage.

The quest is to get all Helheim tokens 3 times lol.

I have that one one as well, but I decided to go with the Kill 10,000 Goblins Charm that has a chance to give me health for the damage I do. Only 2634 to go! =\

Yea I have a complete gravity one but its for ARMOR which sucks cause you get hit a lot less than you hit people.

I want a Armor/weapon gravity and armor/weapon leechlife..that would be a great setup.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Just finished it.

Having read up on Norse mythology the ending wasn't a surprise at all but an enjoyable one all the same.

Overall the game felt content-starved, like we only got 70% of an actual game. Having said that, I will be replaying it over and over so that's a plus.

Not a patch on Eternal Darkness but a solid game overall.

I expect Too Human 2 will be much better.

EDIT: Reading the end credits, and holy shit, two members of Fear Factory contributed to the soundtrack.

Awesome + 1

The End

Ok, I must be doing something here. I'm a level 19 cyber champion, 2 points into my sentient weapon skill, and I have so much trouble activating it.

I've managed to get it going just once. Is there a condition I'm missing here?

The End said:
Ok, I must be doing something here. I'm a level 19 cyber champion, 2 points into my sentient weapon skill, and I have so much trouble activating it.

I've managed to get it going just once. Is there a condition I'm missing here?

How did you get the sentient weapon at such a low level? My character is also a Cyber Champion, and I couldn't unlock enough skill points at that low level to get to the bottom of the skill tree.

Unless you're not putting any points into the second skill tree? I was fairly balanced, and didn't get my sentient weapon until much further along.

The End said:
is there an indicator?

Yes. You'll see a little circle appear on the HUD with the outline of a Wolf inside of it, when the weapon is available for use.

The End

I've only put points in the first two cyber skills (combo bonus and slide attack), so yeah. I'm going to have to re-spec soon though.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
funkmastergeneral said:
sooooo there's really nothing else to do once you get your level 50 epic set? Game is fun and all but there's just too many good games coming out this fall to keep it much longer from Gamefly.

That just means you're ready to import your character into Too Human 2. Or start a new one. :D

funkmastergeneral said:

I can't wait for Too Human 2, however. Hopefully they expand on the almost non-existant story.

Do the same with 4 other classes?

This game is set up to recieve some serious DLC (item shops, level select being infinitely expandable, DLC button in the main menu), just hope Silicon Knights can deliver. Not holding my breath though (no offense to them, just that nobody has ever really delivered solid and consistant DLC for any game...). You can always rebuy or re-rent when that comes out, though.

I really wish you could remove runes from equipment. I ruined a bunch of the best armor before epics with purple and blue runes before I realized you should only use oranges for slots and just sell or fill charms with the other colors.

mm04

Geez, I put in about 5 total hours today. More than I have in a single day for a game in a long time. Those damn charm quests have sucked me in and I'm trying to complete as many level 2 charms as possible so when I finally get a level 3 charm, I'll have some to burn.

When I bought this game I really didn't think I was going to reach level 50, but now I'm only 7 levels away. The thirst for red armor and weapon drops is driving me to play more. I haven't seen one yet, but I'm hoping for something good soon. Usually, if I can get a good 10 hours out of a game, it's money well spent IMO. I've just hit hour 25, so I'd say I'm satisfied with the purchase.

I have a few questions regarding how your character is carried over to another game.

1 I'm currently a level 25 berserker and just started the Helheim level. When I beat the game will my stats carry over and all my items?

2. There are areas in cyberspace that have this weird purple viney stuff that is blocking my access. How do I get past this. Will I receive a power in Helheim to access this area?

3. Do I get to keep my cyberspace powers when I beat the game or have to earn them again? Cause you see cyberspace areas really early on that you simply cannot access until you get the respective power much later on...

4. Is there only one armor shop and one weapon shop in the entire game? or are there more?

5. So I shouldnt insert charms into my equipment unless they are orange ones?

6. wheres the best place to make lots of money?

kmfdmpig

Gizmo_Monkey said:
I have a few questions regarding how your character is carried over to another game.

1 I'm currently a level 25 berserker and just started the Helheim level. When I beat the game will my stats carry over and all my items?

Yes. They'll carry over, but the enemies will be tougher, so you'll still be challenged. Loot also scales so you'll always be getting some decent stuff.

2. There are areas in cyberspace that have this weird purple viney stuff that is blocking my access. How do I get past this. Will I receive a power in Helheim to access this area?

You'll get the power to start fire, which will burn those away.

3. Do I get to keep my cyberspace powers when I beat the game or have to earn them again? Cause you see cyberspace areas really early on that you simply cannot access until you get the respective power much later on...

I think so, but honestly don't remember now.

4. Is there only one armor shop and one weapon shop in the entire game? or are there more?

Only the two (1 for each)

Charms cannot be inserted, but runes can. Unless your gear is orange, then you might as well insert what you can as you probably won't hang onto the gear for too long anyway. If the gear is outstanding, then take the time to wait for good runes to maximize it, but if you think you'll find a replacement in an hour or so then it would be a waste to use a great rune, which you wouldn't be able to get back.

You get the vast majority of your money by finding and salvaging high quality loot. The "conveyor belt" run in the third level, 3-4 from the Aesir teleporter, seems to be a good quick way to get some good items. The less you die the more money you'll make as you'll get better items, but also have to repair things less.

Raide

Gizmo_Monkey said:

1) Yes, you keep everything. Once you restart, you have the option to play with or without the cut scenes. Monsters will rank up with you but so does the loot.

2) Yes, you can press X to burn it with fire (Once unlocked that is)

3) Yes you keep your powers. Since you only get the burning ability near the end, that means when you restart the game, you can go into Cyberspace and start to burn and access new areas and loot. Cyberspace is massive.

4) Weapons shop (Crossed Swords) and the Cybernetic place (Armour/Runes etc) These places will sell gear dependent on your level, so you may want to visit them as you level up.

5) To be honest, unless the Rune is useful, I tend to salvage pretty much everything. It is a waste to socket a good item with poor runes and visa versa. Use runes that are useful to you but don't waste too much money on them. It is all about lvl 50, so save your gear up for that. Just start doing the charm quests and make use of the low level stuff until you have the decent stuff to replace.

6) Yeah The conveyor belt is a good run but I tend to prefer full runs (Hel is good but can take ages)just to get all of the gear. You want areas that have higher amounts of Trolls or Elites mobs, since they drop better gear but the higher you get, the more of these appear anyway.

Xamdou

Finally got my first epic weapon, a cybernetic specific 2-handed sword!

Anybody found an epic defender hammer that is cybernetic specific yet? I am willing to trade for 1.

Wizpig

Semi-OT, but i ordered two games from Game.uk.
First game shipped on 27/08, Too Human shipped 28/08 and, well, today i got Too Human :D
Where the fuck is my other game though? :D

But anyway, pick a Too Human class for me, would'ya, Gaf?
I don't know, a class easy to play, unlike the Defender who seems the Tank-type.

I first started with a BioEngineer got him to 50. By the time I hit 45 I was regretting that I chose him to get to 50 first with, so sick of getting knocked down I now play Defender solely.

Fucking knockdowns are the worst thing in the game.

Also got my unstoppable on Helheim last nite solo. :D My dude is so overpowered now that I've got completed tier 3 charms and some epic equipment. Orange runes only are sick.

Also there is a Red Epic rune called Mastery:All Skills +1. (How overpowered is THAT!?) You could technically put 4 of those on one piece of armor and you would basically max out your entire skill tree.

Danielsan

Just had to post that I found GAF's fight with Denis Dyack referenced in todays "Pers" (a free Dutch newspaper). The article mentions both Dyack's forum bickering as well as his banning.

GAF is everywhere :lol

For the people who are able to read Dutch, a photo of the article:
2vklp5f.jpg

Ricker

Quick question here...I finished the solo single player game this morning but my controller battery died(my plug and play kit that i got at launch is almost dead now,when i recharge it,it only lasts a few hours now) just when i was waiting for the end credits to roll and finish,in case there's anything special after but by clicking "A" when i reconnected the controller,it skipped the credits... did I miss anything???

Now that the single player solo is done,i made a Bio-Engineer to play mostly online(got the pre-order codes yesterday so i wanted to try that as well).

Wizpig

I've got a question too.
I found a "purple fog" thing, then i'm told i can explore that place, but if i use "Push" near that, nothing happens.
What should i do?

Aladuf

Banned
Wizpig said:
I've got a question too.
I found a "purple fog" thing, then i'm told i can explore that place, but if i use "Push" near that, nothing happens.
What should i do?
You can't do anything with it now, just wait til later in the game.

painey

just killed some
weird cat thing in Hell
how long do i have to go, this game sucks and i want it done and dusted.

painey said:
just killed some
weird cat thing in Hell
how long do i have to go, this game sucks and i want it done and dusted.
if by that you mean
the wolf
then you are
really close

Wizpig

HocusPocus said:
Loving it too. Reviews didn't paint a good picture.
Hah, i don't read reviews from the Twilight Princess "8.8 case" :D
It's not that i'm a fanboy or anything, i'm not whining about that review... it just made me realize how it's better - for me - to buy/play games i want without the reviewers' opinions.
And then, well, i liked the demo a lot.
BenjaminBirdie said:
This game is exceptional when it comes to Achievements. Unlike some new releases *coughahemcoughCASTLECRASHERScoughkaff*
Agreed.

Aladuf

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
This game is exceptional when it comes to Achievements. Unlike some new releases *coughahemcoughCASTLECRASHERScoughkaff*
Very true, Too Human is really good with its achievements.

Top Bottom