• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Is there a guide for runes? Im lost on that.

Also, i can jump in an out of my single player and co op campaigns with no problems right? Everything levels to me anyway, right?

VaLiancY

Fire Trolls are fucking retarded. They're bullet resistant and when you mount them you get massive damage and a heavy DoT. That's fucked up.

VaLiancY

Fuck Ice Forest, It so difficult for a Berserker. I'm trying to play so conversative, doing more ranged than melee and I ended up on in the arms of a Valkyrie. I'm going to level up my Commando instead.

TomServo

VaLiancY said:
Fuck Ice Forest, It so difficult for a Berserker. I'm trying to play so conversative, doing more ranged than melee and I ended up on in the arms of a Valkyrie. I'm going to level up my Commando instead.

Are you doing campaign or replaying from Aesir?

Campaign was pretty easy for me as a cybernetic champion, got the achievement for not dying. Playing through from the Aesir menu is ridiculous though - trolls on top of trolls on top of trolls.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
_tetsuo_ said:
according to a certain source, Too Human Sold 135,000 in the US first week.

That's it? Wow that's brutal. We're people predicting this to be a million unit seller by the end of the year?

Oozer3993

Gamer @ Heart said:
Is there a guide for runes? Im lost on that.

I'll give it a shot. Runes can be inserted into weapons, armor, and charms (press X on the corresponding screen under Equipment). When inserted into weapons and armor they give you their bonus (+4% Loot Drop Chance for example). You must have the armor and weapons equipped to get the effects. The little circles on the right side of the weapon or armor icon tell you how many rune slots each piece has and the information for each inserted rune is shown in the piece's info on the right side of the screen. If there is a hollow circle, that means there is an open socket for a rune. The color of the circle corresponds to the color of the rune. Runes go in the same order as weapons and armor. For charms, you do not get the effect for the runes, but you need the runes inserted in order to get the effect for the charm. Just like armor and weapons, the charm must be equipped to work.

Hope this helps!

Also, i can jump in an out of my single player and co op campaigns with no problems right? Everything levels to me anyway, right?

The game levels everything to the highest leveled player in the game. I haven't played any co-op yet, so I don't know if its jump-in-jump-out.

VaLiancY

TomServo said:
Are you doing campaign or replaying from Aesir?

Campaign was pretty easy for me as a cybernetic champion, got the achievement for not dying. Playing through from the Aesir menu is ridiculous though - trolls on top of trolls on top of trolls.

Aesir menu. I want my loot quick and...fast!

farnham

Banned
Truelize said:
That's it? Wow that's brutal. We're people predicting this to be a million unit seller by the end of the year?
wat

135k is a pretty good number for the first week

pretty much guarantees a top 10 spot in the august NPD

Naeblish

The red armor sets at lvl 50, is their only one per class or are their more red items like non-set items? Im just lvl 24 but i was wondering that. I always liked that in diablo you could find some insane item, and that their still would be even more god like items that were just near impossible to get.

TwoBacks

Neo Member
Naeblish said:
The red armor sets at lvl 50, is their only one per class or are their more red items like non-set items? Im just lvl 24 but i was wondering that. I always liked that in diablo you could find some insane item, and that their still would be even more god like items that were just near impossible to get.

There are many non set items. I have the sword and helm from a set, and I am using epic/red pistols that aren't from a set. Also, the sets I have seen are human/cyber aligned. So there are at least two epic sets per class and possibly more.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I got my first "red" last night, was in the armor shop, a level 30 helm (I was 33 at the time). Cost me 300k bounty, but I snagged it.

Question: For the "collect a set of epic armor" achievement, does each piece have to be part of a full set, or can you just get a mixed group of reds, one for each slot, and that gets the achievement?

Combine

Banned
The first week sales will also depend on what is being considered the "first week". If it's a normal week, well, Too Human only shipped on Tuesday and didn't start getting into stores on Wednesday, so then it'd only have about a half of a week in retail to sell. And of course, this is only in North America, as it didn't come out overseas until this week I believe.

It all depends really on what MS and SK's expectations were, which we do not know, and what development of this first installation in the trilogy actually costed them. I've heard numbers floated about for years, but nothing ever concrete and official.

Just started Champion (lvl 6), and against 'Grinding Beast', I think I somehow did a long dash attack (i.e., when you hold the RS in the direction of an enemy and then dash towards it), but in the air. I jumped, then dashed into it. Am I imagining things or is this a possible attack? I couldn't replicate it...

affableamerican said:
Just started Champion (lvl 6), and against 'Grinding Beast', I think I somehow did a long dash attack (i.e., when you hold the RS in the direction of an enemy and then dash towards it), but in the air. I jumped, then dashed into it. Am I imagining things or is this a possible attack? I couldn't replicate it...
Yup. You can slide attack in the air to another airborne target or back to the ground where there's a target. Just hold the stick in the direction you want to go.

PS: Air finishers are your friend as a champion

Kestastrophe said:
Those of you that have epic armor sets: Does your character feel super powerful/somewhat invincible?

I feel like that as a LVL 35 Commando and I only have all Elite (orange) gear :lol

Anyone know what sentient weapons + does?

Cornballer said:
Yup. You can slide attack in the air to another airborne target or back to the ground where there's a target. Just hold the stick in the direction you want to go.

PS: Air finishers are your friend as a champion
Thanks dude. I'll keep trying...

TwoBacks

Neo Member
MWS Natural said:
Anyone know what sentient weapons + does?

The sentient weapon sends out a shadow of the weapon you are currently carrying. It attacks enemies automatically, and gives 1 level of combo meter per kill, giving you unlimited combo meter in certain situations. I think you can add runes that increase the time it is active, and the amount of damage can do.

farnham said:
wat

135k is a pretty good number for the first week

pretty much guarantees a top 10 spot in the august NPD
Yeah well, it's all relative. For what was meant to be a high profile game, it isn't exactly stellar.
For a game that had a lot of negative hype coming out, and a portion of the press shitting all over it, it's not bad at all.

TwoBacks said:
The sentient weapon sends out a shadow of the weapon you are currently carrying. It attacks enemies automatically, and gives 1 level of combo meter per kill, giving you unlimited combo meter in certain situations. I think you can add runes that increase the time it is active, and the amount of damage can do.

Oh ok, is that like the fenrir summon that you can use every 25mins or something different?

Sentient weapon is very useful, though it'd be nice to have a timer that indicates how much waiting I need to do before using it again. I always try to use it towards the beginning of a level and get as many uses out of it per stage as I can. Smoke 'em if you've got 'em.

Kingpen

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Just finished a play session. My Champion is now Level 45, still waiting on my first "red" drop. Hope it comes soon.

I'm 50, and have only got red charms to drop and one set of pistols once.. I'm going on red weapon grinds now to see if I can get something else...

PhatSaqs

Banned
Courtesy of HaloKnight @ IGN

Ablative Shield: Chance of absorbing a percentage of incoming damage.

Annulment: chance of putting a target to sleep.

Blight: chance of emitting a damaging radiation cluster that is capable of spreading to other targets.

Defenseless: Chance of nullifying the targets resistances.

Enfeebled: Enemies do half damage.

Enthalpy: chance of freezing target.

Exposed: chance of rendering a target vulnerable to ballistic (gun) damage.

Gravitation Pulse: chance of creating a temporary gravity field which pulls targets into it, killing them instantly.

Impact: chance of knocking a target down.

Leech: reduces enemy health over time giving the health taken to you.

Lighting Induction: chance of covering target in a lightning field causing damage over time.

Metalstorm: Chance of a shot ricocheting off of a target to nearby enemies. Lasers penetrate instead of ricocheting.

Mobility Disruption: Chance of rooting target in place.

Necrotized: chance of creating a toxin pool which damages enemies that touch it.

Pierce: increased pierce damage

Pulse Munitions: chance of triggering an EMP, disrupting electronic systems. (I think it stops enemies from moving or attacking).

Rot: chance of poisoning target.

Rupture: chance of causing a small explosion which does light damage.

Slowed: chance of decreasing targets ballistic rate of fire.

Snared: chance of slowing targets movements.

Softened: critical strikes do 2x damage.

Target Acquisition Scrambler: chance of causing the target to attack your enemies.

Thermal Induction Pulse: chance of setting the target on fire.

Hybrid: plasma

PhatSaqs said:
Courtesy of HaloKnight @ IGN

Hybrid: plasma

Ahhh so there is a plasma boost stat.

Thanks for posting that list. Some of the stuff like enthalpy and enfeebled I had no clue what it did. I guess Enfeebled 10% on your armor means there's a 10% chance that any enemy that hits you will debuffed to do half damage from then on out?

If anyone has a + or a ^ completed grey rune I will trade a completed Blue Level 2 rune,

I'm very close to finishing an epic but I don't have any grey runes atm.

Msg quick.

xxjuicesxx said:
If anyone has a + or a ^ completed grey rune I will trade a completed Blue Level 2 rune,

I'm very close to finishing an epic but I don't have any grey runes atm.

Msg quick.

I have a + that is almost done I can give you if you hold on a bit

Naeblish

Wow.. second time ice forest not so fun. I'm a lvl 33 commando and some troll combinations are just plain unbeatable or take me 2+ deaths to defeat. I like a challenge but this is just frustration to death. What about 2 ice hammer trolls that are immune to ranged, and you freeze every time they smash the ground for like 10 seconds. Since you suck at air combat and jumping is the only way to not get freezed, i'm simply fucked.
Or a hammer troll who slows you when it hit's the ground, together with an elite assault goblin, both immune to ranged. Their status effects makes them almost impossible to melee. Spider does no damage, sentient sword has a extreme cooldown, and when you die your combo lvl goes to 0 so that rules out the right shoulder button skill (forgot the name).

Otherwise awesome game ;).

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
epic rune drops on my solo helhiem run, +2 to my base "wrecker of mead halls" skill and the other +25% ammo capacity. wow

Top Bottom