• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Raide

:D I just hit lvl 40 and had spare points over since my tree was full. It was only then that I noticed the Cybernetic skill tree...doh! :lol :lol I am just collecting Orange Blueprints at the moment, since the higher I get, the higher the loot is. Shame there is no Too Human Auction House. Maybe if we post the blueprints here someone can make a NeoGAF Auction for Too Human Gear.

Just started a Bio Engineer...healing is fun...having to get used to mêlée combat instead of Commando is harder than I expected. Lack of AoE or Spider damage makes challenge rooms nearly impossible at low level.

Lebron

funkmastergeneral said:
Would anyone like an epic charm that "there is a chance of converting damage done into health for the player" with killing 10,000 undead as the quest
I would so pounce on that(since I'm a Defender), but 10,000? Yeah, don't think I'll ever complete that one:lol

nice drop though

goldenpp72

funkmastergeneral said:
Would anyone like an epic charm that "there is a chance of converting damage done into health for the player" with killing 10,000 undead as the quest

I wouldnt mind it, do you want to give it away or you wanna trade? oh nevermind its undead, fuck that :p

goldenpp72 said:
I wouldnt mind it, do you want to give it away or you wanna trade?

I really have no use for it, I prefer the two epic charms I have right now so you can have it for free if you'd like. GT is moochu2 and I'm just starting a HoH run so I should be able to trade in 25 mins or so

dork

Banned
Im enjoying this game, however I am stupid and am stuck.

Just finished killing the 2nd boss guy, now im in space and dont know where to go. I just keep teleporting in a circle I think.

edit- I think i found it

I also got some sort of awesome drop, because the music went on for like 15 seconds. Its a weapon craft of some sort.

I would assume you need more than 1 play through for doing 20 rune quests? because you cant get that many runes in a play through I wouldn't think.

dork said:
Im enjoying this game, however I am stupid and am stuck.

Just finished killing the 2nd boss guy, now im in space and dont know where to go. I just keep teleporting in a circle I think.

edit- I think i found it

I also got some sort of awesome drop, because the music went on for like 15 seconds. Its a weapon craft of some sort.

I would assume you need more than 1 play through for doing 20 rune quests? because you cant get that many runes in a play through I wouldn't think.

20 charm quests can take a while, but if you just run HoH over and over they go by pretty fast

TomServo

I've got an epic charm that I'll never finish - requires 7000 ballistic kills. Effects sound fun for a commando, something about bullets bouncing off of targets for additional damage, or lasers penetrating through the initial target.

If anyone wants it, I'd take a few of the purple charms I need for the other epic charm I've got. I'll take pics if there's interest.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I've got that charm. Only 2000 kills more to go. It adds a point to all your skills too.

But ya, I got the 25% off usedgame coupon at gamestop and went up there. I have an edge card to so that would brb me to 35% but all I kept thinking was "I'm not going to play aything but too human anyway" lol. I ended up getting condemned 2 for my girlfriend.

FrankT

Just got my fourth epic armor set piece off Grendel. So far all my set pieces have dropped off bosses. While I have heard others say they have gotten some of there epic amor set piece drops off other mobs I have yet to see it. I've got a ton of epics off trash mobs, but only the bosses so far for the armor set pieces. Perhaps the bosses give just a little more of a chance. Just two more pieces left here as I also have the epic duel hand swords for the set as well although I'm still using my epic staves for the moment.

Jtyettis said:
Just got my fourth epic armor set piece off Grendel. So far all my set pieces have dropped off bosses. While I have heard others say they have gotten some of there epic amor set piece drops off other mobs I have yet to see it. I've got a ton of epics off trash mobs, but only the bosses so far for the armor set pieces. Perhaps the bosses give just a little more of a chance.

i have one piece of my epic armor set and it also was dropped by Grendel, it seems they only drop it

I have played this game for over 6 hours today. I got some random message from an old xbox live friends telling me "Shame on you". Only then i remembered i was suppose to hate this game.

The loot compulsion is strong.

"Just started lvl 8 beserker here, I will say one thing about this game the Targeting is fucking awful otherwise it is pretty fun."

You know you can aim right?

dork

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
I've got that charm. Only 2000 kills more to go. It adds a point to all your skills too.

But ya, I got the 25% off usedgame coupon at gamestop and went up there. I have an edge card to so that would brb me to 35% but all I kept thinking was "I'm not going to play aything but too human anyway" lol. I ended up getting condemned 2 for my girlfriend.

We had a used copy of the game, I could have bought it for 35% off, since the bastards wouldnt have let me stack employee discounts.

What color is epic? I've gotten a few orange(red?) things

I have yet to do co-op, wouldnt mind doing the co-op achievements. I'm only a 22 commando :(.

Also, how do I repair my weapons...the repair place is no longer there :(

voltron

So Ive finished the story... when do those other doors in the hub world open? Is it a case of certain areas only being accessible to certain classes?

Wait a minute....I thought you had to have the Charm equipped to get it's affects once the quest is done and necessary runes used? I have been getting the DOT affects of one of my purple charms and it's not even in the active slot!

"Also, how do I repair my weapons...the repair place is no longer there :("

No... It's always there. It's the armor shop in time you just go to the item needing repairing and press x. And epic is only red armor, orange is second rarest but not epic.

Combine

Banned
Finished the campaign. I enjoyed the ending and thought the cliffhanger was actually well done. Defnitely makes me want to get the sequel, and hopefully that will happen and happen relatively soon.

Starting playing again and want to make my way up to level 50. I got my first Red drop. A lvl. 30 helmet blueprint from an obelisk in a secret challenge area in HoH. Damn it's expensive though, costs 300,000 to build. I've almost made it there though. The unfortunate thing though is that this seems to be one of those helmets where you actually don't see anything and just get Baldur's plain old bald head. Kind of a letdown.

"?"

Well it auto aims when you hit the right trigger but while holding it down you can move the right thumb stick to switch between targets and aim at non targets too.

Soroc

Well I'm now 40 hours in and still no red armor or weapons have dropped for me. I did luck out though and got my bio engineer gun thats part of the 7 piece set in the weapons store.

Gunnlogi of the Græöari
Damage 272 (base) (hybrid rifle)
Hybrid Damage +10%
Hybrid Radius +10%
Mastery: Idunn's Boon +1
Thermal Induction Pulse +6%

Set Bonuses:
2: Mastery: Skuld's Embrace +1
4: Mastery: Wrack of Lightning Mine +1
6: Mastery: Ascent to Valhalla +1
7: Mastery: Bio-Engineer Skill Tree +1

Can't wait to get the rest of this set... Although its for the left most tree.... Seems the cybernetic set is for the right most tree. I use the middle tree so I don't think there is a set for my tree yet :(

jrricky

Banned
Played coop with a friend a while ago and found a glitch. I died and I never came back recognized in the game. My health would be flashing empty and I could see myself and attack stuff. the enemies couldnt see me and I couldnt target them though. I couldnt use anything in the game like wells either. It was fun while it lasted though. What a glitch SK. :/

markom58

Neo Member
13-14 hours in. LVL 24 defender. Thank god I went against the GAF hive mind on this one and tried it or else I would have missed out on a pretty fun game.

goldenpp72

I was wondering what 'capped' means, im trying to add loot bonuses to my stuff but it says capped next to it.. I assume it means there is a limit but how do I know?

Lebron

goldenpp72 said:
I was wondering what 'capped' means, im trying to add loot bonuses to my stuff but it says capped next to it.. I assume it means there is a limit but how do I know?
yeah, that's the limit. It normally tells you the max % limit, and where you're currently at in the description.

Chrange

Banned
From what I gather, though I don't have the strategy guide and it might shed more light on it - you have a basic cap that runes can add. Say it's 50% bonus for health - if you're wearing something that already adds 10% and want to add a 5% rune - you'll see the rune says something like the bonus (current) is 10%, add bonus (what you'll have with the rune added) is 15% and the cap is 50%.

So you'd know that adding that rune wouldn't put you over the cap. The nice thing is that some epic runes will cap out a category by themselves, or with another epic rune.

I don't know if bonuses that are included on armor factor into the cap, but I think they would.

goldenpp72 said:
I dont see a loot stat though.. :(

the loot % is not in the stats window, you have to look at it either on the armor or weapon on which you have a + loot drop % rune. It's capped at 15% and tells you when you've reached it.

Raide

There are a few HUD tweaks I would love to have to Too Human.

Having the same style countdown as the Spider for the Sentient Weapon. I know you get the little marker when it's ready but a visual indication of how long would be good. Also it would be nice to have a number counter, just so I know how long the cool-down is.

The Damage Info should be changed to Info and it should have added stuff about how much you have been healed and maybe add info for the co-op player so you know how much they are doing (Not done co-op yet so this may be in already!) Maybe it can be added to show if the target is resistant to certain weapons etc. I know you can tell because your damage drops but it would be good to get some indication as to what it may be weaker to.

You should be able to toggle numbers on the bars instead of just having a color slowly go up/down. Just give me more stats! Also, stop swaying the HUD around dammit and let me put it right in the bottom corner so I have more screen to play with.

chase

I'm glad to see people enjoying this. I really liked the demo though I haven't yet bought the game.

It seems from reading this thread their decision not to have a tutorial hasn't paid off, with even hardcore gamers (read: not n00bs) who put hours and hours into this game and talk about it with others not figuring out runes until well after completing it. I agree with a lot of SK's philosophy, but not with the reasoning they gave for excluding a tutorial.

One tip, probably useless at this late date, for people with regard to the camera: it focuses automatically on your biggest threat.

Soroc said:
Well I'm now 40 hours in and still no red armor or weapons have dropped for me. I did luck out though and got my bio engineer gun thats part of the 7 piece set in the weapons store.

Gunnlogi of the Græöari
Damage 272 (base) (hybrid rifle)
Hybrid Damage +10%
Hybrid Radius +10%
Mastery: Idunn's Boon +1
Thermal Induction Pulse +6%

Set Bonuses:
2: Mastery: Skuld's Embrace +1
4: Mastery: Wrack of Lightning Mine +1
6: Mastery: Ascent to Valhalla +1
7: Mastery: Bio-Engineer Skill Tree +1

Can't wait to get the rest of this set... Although its for the left most tree.... Seems the cybernetic set is for the right most tree. I use the middle tree so I don't think there is a set for my tree yet :(

In this instance what does it mean by "Mastery"?

Gowans

I tried guys, really wanted to like Too Human and need a filler for that genre but it just didn't click after the first couple of levels.

I'd returned it and straight swapped for the new Tiger and back to Castle Crashers to kinda fill the co-op loot and bash itch

Top Bottom