• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

ravien56

another question... so in terms of items, theirs grays> light blue>blue(which are called?), then orange....(whats this called too) then red? which are epics?

goldenpp72

its a confusion in the games wording, it called red items epics but the armor is apparently 'elite' with the orange armors being epics.

Aptos

30 hours into the game post-50 and I still have only 2 pieces of my Elite Set (Human Bio. Eng.). Is this the same for anyone else?

Chrange

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
one thing that irks me in this game is that it's very.. anti co op, they set it up in a way that makes co op unappealing. I keep getting kicked in rooms because people want the loot for themselves, they will let you stay in until the boss and then bam, gone. The game puts up too many barriers, a level 50 needs another level 50 to loot hunt, level 49? Go fuck yourself you dirty 49, i want my level 50 loot. Wanna play with your buddy but he got the game a week before ya? Fuck you, go level up some other way you fucking bitch.

/vent

How is any of that the way 'they' set up the game, not the way assholes work in any online game?

Why can't you play with a level 49? Why not start a new character to play with your friend?

goldenpp72

Chrange said:
How is any of that the way 'they' set up the game, not the way assholes work in any online game?

Why can't you play with a level 49? Why not start a new character to play with your friend?

never played phantasy star I take it? Its all in the way the developers set it up. They should have made it so enemies would balance between BOTH players if they were so hell bent on having a level scaler, they could also make it so an epic has a better chance of dropping (maybe 3x) when playing with a co op, and if the host kicks a person then the drop doesnt happen at all, or something.

Chrange

Banned
Enemy scaling isn't going to matter for a 49 with a 50. I've been in with a friend who's 50 with my level 42 and more than held my own.

And loot has a better chance of dropping in co-op - thanks to having more mobs to kill. It's even better if both players have capped out their Loot Drop chance.

goldenpp72

to my understanding level 50 elite armor will not drop unless both people in the room are 50, this is what i've been told by everyone so far who has the full set. Thats what i meant for the 49 thing. Level scaling would be more like if im a level 50 and their level 20, why not make the enemies 35 or something instead?

And why be able to kick at all in a game like this? There is a damn good reason games like pso do not allow kicking, its bullshit to get far and have some moron kick you to earn all the reward.

Lebron

Phthisis said:
The human defender's epic hammer & shield is awesome. The shield is a pair of white wings.
you got it? Nice

I just bought the epic staff(the one on the wall) from the weapons store for like 800K. I really want the hammer, or hammer and shield though. One of those need to drop, or pop up in the store :(

Phthisis

Lebron said:
you got it? Nice

I just bought the epic staff(the one on the wall) from the weapons store for like 800K. I really want the hammer, or hammer and shield though. One of those need to drop, or pop up in the store :(

The shield and hammer is called the Sentinel's Kingmaker, and it has more damage than the regular hammer. But that might be because I'm a defender and they get a bonus to hammer and shield. But definitely spring for it if you come across it. It's slow, but it looks awesome.

goldenpp72

funkmastergeneral said:
from what I recall PSO's loot system was whoever targeted the little red box first won. Doesn't really seem any better.

I believe the series remedied this with a system similar to too humans, be it in BB or in PSU.

grendelrt

Some of my most recent pics, quality sucks on most :D They do show high level items, so dont look if you dont want to see!

Just a cool pic
pics018bg8.jpg

Got this epic hammer set for my Defender, he isnt high enough to use it yet :/
pics020fw9.jpg

My current build of my Berserker
pics024nv2.jpg

Good shot of the Epic Human Berserk Two Handers
pics025ws8.jpg

Xamdou

grendelrt said:
Some of my most recent pics, quality sucks on most :D They do show high level items, so dont look if you dont want to see!

pics020fw9.jpg

Dude how did you get the epic hammer w/ wing shield? Did you get it in the store and how much did it cost???

grendelrt

Xamdou said:
Dude how did you get the epic hammer w/ wing shield? Did you get it in the store and how much did it cost???

I got in a drop on the big secret zone on Ice Forest, with the 5 pillars. It costs like 700,000 to craft. The level 50 epics I have seen in the store are around 1.7mil.

grendelrt said:
I got in a drop on the big secret zone on Ice Forest, with the 5 pillars. It costs like 700,000 to craft. The level 50 epics I have seen in the store are around 1.7mil.

I bought the Epic rifle last night.....so awesome, now to unlock the epic charm I got the other day :D

Xamdou

grendelrt said:

I see, can you tell me the stats of your Epic Hammer W/ Wing shield?

My current epic hammer is called: Muspelheim's Ceaseless Cold and it's stats are:

Damage: 2988
Align: Cybernetic
Ruiner: The Thane's Boast

Spider Duration: +20%
Spider Damage: +20%
2 Handed Status Chance +1%
Enthalpy Drain +6%

grendelrt

Xamdou said:

My current epic hammer is called: Muspelheim's Ceaseless Cold and it's stats are:

Enthalpy Drain +6%

It was only level 43 and it was my Berserker was previewing it, so probably not as many bonus' as a defender looking at it. It was around 2500 dmg. I dont have the stats on me, if i remember tomorrow Ill post them when I get back on Too Human.

Xamdou

grendelrt said:
It was only level 43 and it was my Berserker was previewing it, so probably not as many bonus' as a defender looking at it. It was around 2500 dmg. I dont have the stats on me, if i remember tomorrow Ill post them when I get back on Too Human.

Ok cool grendelrt.

Phthisis

Xamdou said:

Enthalpy Drain +6%

The stats on the one you quoted above are for a character of the cybernetic alignment, so it might be different than the one for a human.

Xamdou

Phthisis said:
The stats on the one you quoted above are for a character of the cybernetic alignment, so it might be different than the one for a human.

So is the Sentinel's Kingmaker only for a human-aligned defender or can it be used for cybernetic-aligned defenders as well?

Edit: The base damage for my epic weapon is 2299, it reached nearly 3k because of the 30% bonuss for my cybernetic defender.

Anyone having a hard time with the charm quest "Kill Enemies with Hit Count 50 or higher 0/600". Maybe it's just very hard because I'm a Commando, any tips for completing this one? It's the last charm I need completed to unlock my epic one.

goldenpp72

auto salvage seems to ask for confirmation like twice before you can auto salvage by color so yeah, I dunno how someone auto salvaged red stuff. I just set mine to purple and im glad to see it doesnt salvage ruins or charms.

Zertez

MWS Natural said:
Anyone having a hard time with the charm quest "Kill Enemies with Hit Count 50 or higher 0/600". Maybe it's just very hard because I'm a Commando, any tips for completing this one? It's the last charm I need completed to unlock my epic one.
That charm is a pain in the ass for a Commando. I would hand it off to another class to finish the requirement part, then insert charms/runes to use. Some high level charms seem suited to certain classes and usually that class can finish the requirements without too much cussing.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
MWS Natural said:

I just did that one. I completed it after one run of Helheim and two runs of HoH.

HiredMan

Some nice damage from those epic Defender weapons. My 50 defender doesn't have any epics yet, although I do have all level 50 orange armour and weapons.

My hammer (1 handed) only has an in-bracket (base) damage of about 1850, but my guy is geared for damage so has about a +90% bonus to that weapon damage (I think it's about 3380 weapon damage). Final damage is about 4300. Armour is jut over 2000.

What sort of final damage are the level 50 'zerkers and champions doing?

Zertez said:
That charm is a pain in the ass for a Commando. I would hand it off to another class to finish the requirement part, then insert charms/runes to use. Some high level charms seem suited to certain classes and usually that class can finish the requirements without too much cussing.

Hmm....I was thinking of creating a 2player co-op Helheim run and doing the stage by myself.

Witchfinder General said:
I just did that one. I completed it after one run of Helheim and two runs of HoH.

As a commando?

Chrange

Banned
MWS Natural said:

You can do it in the first area of Helheim. Blow up the thing that triggers the cutscene first - then just juggle the first guy you see into the air and pump bullets/plasma into them until they're dead. Should be at 10, maybe more. Do it again and again until you're at 50 and then go to town. If you're careful about where you kill the last one, you can roll to where the next ones are spawning without losing your hit count.

Once you get the idea down, you can bloat your hit count anywhere.

Kibs

Finally convinced myself to pick this up yesterday - mainly because my regular co-op buddy decided to buy it last weekend. We both played the demo and pretty much knew what to except. 6 hours and 23 levels later I must say I've been both wrong and right about the initial demo expressions.
It's amazing how a game with so many flaws and probably the worst design decisions I've seen in decades on a big budget title can still be fun to play. Despite the fact that both of us were moaning for the second level to end after the first 10 minutes (this is by FAR the worst case of copy-paste leveldesign I've ever seen in my life, running through the same freaking platforms for 2 hours in a row isn't fun - and yes, I played and enjoyed Halo). Game could've been amazing without the truckload of bugs, craptastic camera and 'innovative' control scheme. However - for some reason, it's still an enjoyable experience.

Kind of reminds me of Billy Hatcher, which I really enjoyed back in the days - but clearly was a deeply flawed game. Then again, the most important aspect of a game is still the fun factor. There's a million examples of well designed games that are absolutely boring as hell to play - I jush wish this one was somewhat of a mix of good design and great fun. Not atrocious design and great fun :p

grendelrt said:
pics020fw9.jpg

That was in my game's weapon store yesterday, it costs a litte over 600,000. Thought about buying it to trade to someone else, but I only had 500,000 after selling everything I didn't have equipped. :)

TomServo

Kibs said:
Game could've been amazing without the truckload of bugs, craptastic camera and 'innovative' control scheme. However - for some reason, it's still an enjoyable experience.

That's pretty much how I feel. I've got something along the lines of 45 hours into it and am still enjoying it, but I still stand by my previous comments (after my first playthrough) that the game has some serious problems and is getting the appropriate review scores.

I'm hoping for at least one DLC level. I've heard the rumors that there are more classes, but frankly that's not what the game needs most. In the realm of DLC, it needs more levels.

fin said:
I got 43 hours in been a level 50 for about 15 hours now. Not one piece of Epic gear. All I have are weapons.

I'm about the same, and just had one piece of red set armor drop from Hel. Killed GRNDL-1 a ton of times, nothing good has dropped from him. I got my red set weapon from Tyr's shop, as well as lots of other red weapons.

fin

Aptos said:
30 hours into the game post-50 and I still have only 2 pieces of my Elite Set (Human Bio. Eng.). Is this the same for anyone else?

I got 43 hours in been a level 50 for about 15 hours now. Not one piece of Epic gear. All I have are weapons.

I got the lightning induction armor charm completed and equipped and it was hilarious to see it trigger on some missile goblins who had hit me from a distance. I think that the field prevented them from firing too so it worked on multiple levels.

I still only have one piece of epic loot at level 44 (berserker) and that piece I bought. It's a damn nice hammer but I recently tried to some rare but non-epic twin staves and I like using them too. They're not as much damage per individual hit but they let me attack faster. I'll probably go back and forth until I can get a more suitable epic weapon.

Xenon

Do all charms only have an effect when the enemy hits you?

I think this is the case, which means I wasted a lot of time creating a charm that is useless for my Commando. Many hours and 10,000 goblins later I final have my first epic charm, Epic Charm of the Fleshleech. On contact, there is a change of it converting damage done into health for the player. Since its a small % chance and I play the commando to have as little contact with the enemy as possible, this charm is almost useless to me if it is only when I am hit. For some reason I though it meant the damage I did to them would be converted. =(

Maybe I can find a way to move it to a defender or berserker when I start one of them up.

Xenon

Chrange said:
Check the charm - if it says Weapon Armor in the description, then it procs off both attacking and being attacked.

Union Carbine said:
No. Some charms are weapon-triggered, some are armor-triggered. Look at the charm in the inventory screen. You'll see which kind it is.

Ohhhhhhh, thats what that is for. I thought that only referred to what skills get the +1 bonus. Ill have to check it when I get home.

Top Bottom