• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too many Ghost Recon 2 haters... where's the love?

jedimike

Everytime I see Ghost Recon 2 mentioned in a thread, it gets instantly bashed. I saw a preview in OXM and thought the changes they made will make for a much better game. Plus, it's being built from the ground up just for Xbox and is using every XBL feature available.

Slo said:
I'll Gamefly it, but it's pretty obvious that GR2 is just a Socom-wannabe.

More like Rainbow Six 3 wannabe. More like : Fuck you Ubi Montreal, we too can make a good tactical shooter. But actually they can't, not on console.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the game is not a socom or rs3 clone... it feels exactly like GR, but with squad commands like rs3 and an (OPTIONAL) over the shoulder 3rd person cam more similar to re4 then socom. let me repeat myself, the game feels like GR.

and the graphics rock.

the game will own

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the only iffy things about the game for me will be if it still retains the open wilderness feel...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I guess it'll be fantastic for Xbox users but it would be nice if they work hard on an excellent port to the PC. It's a tossup since it's a bit ignorant to bash the game without giving it a chance but they have changed so much of what I loved about the series.

Top Bottom