• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This was such a strange fit IMO. Shocked they didn't go with Eyeshield 21 on the service instead
Weird thing is, Eyeshield 21 was on Jetstream as well. A shame, because out of all the sports, (American) football would be the most "action" filled, so it probably would have felt more in-place compared to tennis. The manga was rather decent, coming from someone who doesn't care one bit for sports (thanks, high school best friends, for letting me borrow them!).

If we're talking sports anime, Haikyuu may be a future possibility.
Is that the volleyball one that the main character was a support character in J-Stars Victory Vs.?

bigkrev

Weird thing is, Eyeshield 21 was on Jetstream as well. A shame, because out of all the sports, (American) football would be the most "action" filled, so it probably would have felt more in-place compared to tennis. The manga was rather decent, coming from someone who doesn't care one bit for sports (thanks, high school best friends, for letting me borrow them!).

The problem was E21 the anime was flaming garbage though

tumblr_n45ugtigD21rcv9f8o1_500.jpg

On-topic: the only right sports anime for Toonami is Hajime no Ippo. Except no substitutes.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Whhhaaaa, Batman?! Oh man I can't wait to rewatch such classic episodes as...

oh... Beware the Batman?

.....carry on

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Danarchy's stand is World of Heart, capable of cutting with thought! Rank: B"

That's pretty badass.

bigkrev

Guys it's playoff hockey tonight aka basically doing a whole spittoon of cocaine. If I don't survive, know I loved all of you.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Zonic's stand is Aerial Kiss, capable of combining with electricity! Rank: ??"

So...what, I'm Red Hot Chili Pepper from Part 4?

Actually, I can be close to Joseph or Lisa Lisa with the whole scarf thing, considering I won a Strider scarf today for a leaderboard contest.

Crocodile

What's a 'stand'?

Levyne's stand is Queen Cup, capable of killing jelly! Rank: B-

94c7ac9989.gif

A stand is basically the physical manifestation of psychic powers that most of the protagonists and antagonists from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure use in combat (though they have non-combat abilities as well). Each indivual's Stand is highly specialized and unique. Think of them as Zanpackto from Bleach or Personas from the Persona series (though Jojo's predates all those shows by decades and is kind of the progenitor of the concept). The ghostly figure that appears in the above gif is an example of a Stand.

TheChits

"TheChits's stand is Original's Light, capable of manipulating memories! Rank: C-"
I'll take it

Edit: Decided to use my actual name. "Ryan's stand is Wheel of Free, capable of creating matter! Rank: C"
Get at me

Crocodile

KBall's stand is Hermit Soul, capable of shooting dimensions! Rank: EX

Most of the stands from my other nicknames suck but this one? I'll take it :)

UltraGunner's stand is Knight of Violet, capable of combining with potential! Rank: F+
>_>

Think of them as Zanpackto from Bleach or Personas from the Persona series (though Jojo's predates all those shows by decades and is kind of the progenitor of the concept)
Actually the concept of a stand originated from the Buddhist concept of the Tulpa

Crocodile

UltraGunner's stand is Knight of Violet, capable of combining with potential! Rank: F+
>_>

Actually the concept of a stand originated from the Buddhist concept of the Tulpa

I meant within the context of the anime/manga world (to my knowledge at least) but I should have been more specific.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Htown's stand is Seasonal Shame, capable of detonating attraction! Rank: E

sounds about right :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom