• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squalor

To those of you who are watching Black Lagoon for the first time, how are you liking it?

I feel as though there needs to be another anime with a color in its title. Two isn't enough.

To those of you who are watching Black Lagoon for the first time, how are you liking it?

I feel as though there needs to be another anime with a color in its title. Two isn't enough.

It's pretty awesome and we've already lost one person to watching ahead after 2 episodes lol

Also is there a limit to how many people can watch on a laptop/smartphone from someone who has a cable log in?

LOLDSFAN

It's been pretty good so far. Revy isn't my type, but the show itself I like.

bigkrev

I bought Black Lagoon on Bluray from Amazon 5 months ago. Haven't watched it yet, and am enjoying the slow watch

Squalor

I bought Black Lagoon on Bluray from Amazon 5 months ago. Haven't watched it yet, and am enjoying the slow watch
Not that there is anything wrong with binge-watching, but there is something special (but also infuriating, at times, haha) about watching a show on a weekly basis.

Squalor

Any service I guess, xfinity and direct tv are the two relevant to me as that's what my parents have (xfinity at mom's, direct tv at dads)
If you mean simultaneously, most services usually limit it to five.

If not simultaneously, there is no limit for Xfinity or DirecTV.

Oops, I apologize for the double post.

Tenumi

Banned
Just grab a soda or an energy drink and crack it open at 12 and you'll be fine for the 6.5 hour challenge!

I would, but I'm not all that much interested in the shows past Black Lagoon

I love Black Lagoon. I feel like I've watched it before, but I'm 100% sure I haven't. Nevertheless, has met all my expectations so far, and has surpassed them at moments.

...I can't think of anything that would fit Toonami that has a color in its title, unfortunitely. Black Cat and Green Green come to mind but those are definitely not fits. (Well, at least Green Green isn't)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

It's awesome.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Adult Swim is airing the first Stinkmeaner episode right now.
I'm still wondering how he came back to life for Season 4.

BatDan

Zatoichi references, so awesome.
Recent One Piece has a blind swordsman, and he is awesome

Guys, what time is it? SNL is on but my clock says it's 9. Im scared and I dont know what's going on.

It sounds like NBC is just filling time. There's still an SNL on for 11:30 (10:30 Central)

Seda

I'm liking Black Lagoon a lot. The tone is a nice change of pace and I enjoy the character interactions: things like Dutch subduing Revy in the first episode, Dutch showing a generally welcoming attitude towards Rock but clocking him when Rock was panicking. Revy is often loud, but has shown moments where she's clearheaded instead of stubborn, less one dimensional than she appeared at first. Having this structure where most of the main cast didn't need explicit introductions helps with this I think. Learning about the characters by what they do and how they talk with each other, rather than drawn out exposition.

Soon Adult Swim will completely devour Cartoon Network, they've already planted seeds with shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show which are basically stoner shows for kids

BatDan

Soon Adult Swim will completely devour Cartoon Network, they've already planted seeds with shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show which are basically stoner shows for kids

At least Adventure Time has better plotting than most kids shows.
Hell, it has better plotting than most shows in general.

Squalor

Aside from Adventure Time, Regular Show, and the Toonami block, Pokémon is the only other Cartoon Network show I can name.

Oh, wait, I watched something like five minutes of Uncle Grandpa, and it was terrible.

BatDan

Killed over Madden... my how times have changed. Now people get killed over shooters.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"The Missed Target"

4z0TjWil.jpg

Shikamaru orders Naruto and Choji to gather all of the plans. Naruto jumps to the roof and makes a bunch of shadow clones, a hundred or more while Choji uses Partial Expansion Jutsu to get more of them. Meanwhile Shikamaru is trying to spot the bird who dropped them but its too late. Naruto has some fun getting a few from the women's bath house and also steals one from a baby. Shizune runs into Tsunade's office to explain the situation (while I love the Naruto dub to death nothing quite replicates how awesome Shizune's Japanese VA is at wigging out.) and Shikamaru's squad believes they have recovered all of them. Tsunade wonders what this all means when the other half of our favorite Chunin duo shows up, that he does. Word from the border is that those really were just training exercises, they had no intention of invading the Leaf. A red herring, order everyone back.

COxxAoo.gif

What is our friend Genno up to? Shizune and the building are both LEGIT SHOOK. Sakura comes running in with the bad news, the body is a fake. Ino tells Shikamaru the same news. Shikamaru thinks he had a body double and Ino agrees, the M.E's are back at it with Hinata observing. Shizune wonders where the man is now and so does Naruto and Shikamaru would give anything to know what he was up to.

HtnojSul.jpg

Team scroll is on the case looking at the blast site. Neji points to a fallen tree which Lee manhandles. Shino thinks it was a well disguised escape tunnel that they wouldn't have found without Neji's magic eyes. Tenten notes that it was designed to slowly collapse on itself, eventually fading back into the ground after another day or so even with the Byakugan. Kiba asks Akamaru if he can pick up the tail. No dice. Lee wonders where the old man is now. Shikamaru is in the office with Shizune, the 5th, Ino Pig, and Sakura. He thinks it is most likely that Genno is still in the village after going over all the facts. He stole the plans, faked his death, drew the bulk of the defenders away with the Land of Waterfalls military exercises. Shizune is doubtful; they only suspected him because the fake recommendation letter was found out. Shikamaru doesn't believe in coincidence. A real letter of recommendation was found at Genno's house, a bit too covienent. The 5th wants to know what he is really after but if they knew that they wouldn't be here sweating, milady. What we do know is that the number of Shinobi left here now is pathetically low. Everyone is looking for the threat from the outside, he's probably inside, planning something here. Shizune wonders if the spreading of the plans is because he's already set something up there but Shikamaru thinks it's another decoy. Ino says they are responsible for finding the traps but the Hokage wants to know where they should start. The Academy, replies Ino. Shizune wonders why they should start there, Ino says it is because Genno worked there personally and only stole the plans to that building, so it's a natural starting point.

LcYBVROl.jpg

Hinata and Sakura are outside the academy when Hinata uses her Byakugan. She doesn't notice anything here. Neji tries from another side and doesn't find anything. Kiba asks him if he and Hinata could just do a quick scan of the entire building instead of this part by part scan. They could...if they knew what they were looking for. Some students go running by and he says they are also a problem. Naruto is yelling at some kids telling them to hit the bricks. Orochimaru the student tells them their teacher told them differently, today is an indoor study day. Naruto tells them it isn't all day and besides, the teachers are all away and will never find out. He tells them the secret of how he'd skip class all the time if Iruka-Sensei wasn't paying attention. The kids are shocked by this, good guy Naruto playing hookie. A brat in the front row asks if everyone was sent on a big mission why are you here. Absolute burn. Another kid asks if they are losers. Choji finishes his last chip, tells Naruto he is just wasting his time and gets down to business.

EU8DmYNl.jpg

EXPANSION JUTSU! The kids go running! Twenty and Lee are on the roof, it's all clear when they see the kids go running off. Lee comes in to ask Naruto what those kids went running off for. Naruto has no idea but Choji heard them talking about kunai training in the practice hall. Naruto remembers that and Lee thinks its an odd place for kunai training.

MCdWWnCl.jpg

The three of them walk in to watch the youngsters throw at the wooden dummy. Naruto gets nostalgic as this is the place he and his buddies would go when they skipped class as it was the last place anyone would look for them. He'd read manga here or take a nap, Choji also gets into it saying it was a nice quiet place to eat a snack. Lee would not boast about that and says they could learn something from them, training when the teacher is away. He wishes he was back in the academy with them and implores that they should leave them to it. Choji asks Naruto if that training dummy was always there. It was not. The next kid up boasts that he is going to nail it as the three of them figure it out...

QdmiEuJl.jpg

At the last moment to boot, that one was right on target. It's brand new. Naruto rushes off to find a Hyuga to check it out. The kids still don't get it and want them to get out of the way, they are trying to practice so Choji and Lee clear out. Meanwhile Neji does find something, a paper bomb behind a door frame in one of the halls, connected to something. Kiba wonders how anyone could detonate something in there...

QI2csvDl.jpg

Naruto finds Hinata with Sakura and tells Hinata that "You're the one I want." She blushes and Sakura becomes OUTRAGED, calling him an idiot for saying stuff like that at a time like this. Hinata does that thing where she plays with her fingers. Hinata never knew...she doesn't know what to say! Naruto NEEDS her. She never knew he could be so impetuous. He's frustrated with this lack of progress but sees Neji in the window and says nevermind, he'll ask him instead. Hinata is DEVASTATED. Neji is looking closer to the thread connected to the bomb. It's a fuse more than likely, where does it lead? Around the classroom, and then outside, ending in the classroom at the log. He found it. Naruto comes running in talking about the log. By Jove!

Zyc89bLl.jpg

Lee is giving throwing advice to the kids. Choji is eating chips. Another kid steps up to the plate. Neji asks if the log has a target. It does. The center is the detonator. If a kunai hits the center the academy will be blown up. The kid who nearly hit it last time is up and throws it perfectly. BULLSEYE. It bounces off. Lee checks the blade. It had a flaw in it and Lee admonishes him for not taking care of his weapons. The next kid is also on target. Naruto calls out for Bushy Brows while Neji tells Lee to grab the kunai. Hinata and Sakura hear a loud noise! Whoops, it was just Twenty dropping a ball and chain mace, She apologizes.

JVEEfxMl.jpg

Lee grabbed the knife seconds before it hit, what a man. The kids want to know why they keep interfering. Kiba of all people sets them straight, if they had hit the bullseye the whole academy would have blown sky high. The kids are shook at this revelation. The whole Scooby gang assembles at the target. They were lucky the kids weren't far into their training, says Twenty. Naruto asks the kids who told them to train in here. Orochimaru student thinks on it and asks around. One of them says he doesn't remember who but that they said you should do it in secret to impress their teacher. Detective Ino has cottoned on and Neji thinks they used Genjutsu to put it in the kid's minds. Sakura says it was Genno and Hinata and Shino nod in agreement. Hinata is worried about something and Shino asks what it was. The detonator has another line coming off of it. Naruto asks if she is sure, and she is. Neji checks and yep, there's two, no three. Shikamaru wants to know where they lead...outside the academy. He can't see from here. Hinata also volunteers and they jump to the top of the building.

2yOiat8l.jpg

It keeps branching all along the residential district. An alchemical array? What a heel. Hinata and Neji are LEGIT SHOOK. Paper Bombs everywhere, all connected. Dozens, hundreds. Too many to count. The entire village!

NEXT EPISODE: "The Powerful Helper"

BONUS:

jIal5Gn.gif

1rD3GLB.gif

9F7nDtPl.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Dandy goes back to the beginning, baby, Hichigo chases Yushima across the Seireitei, Guy throws down with Kisame while Naruto has to figure a way out of Itachi's genjutsu, CP9's break-in triggers some deep memories for Franky, Shiemi makes a friend, Lagoon Cmpany gets ambushed by rival pirates, Naruto jumps into action to take on Haku, Motoko goes in for a body swap while the DEA sets their sights on Aramaki, the Elrics learn the truth behind the Philosopher's Stone, Jack ventures through a cave and takes on a cursed warrior, Team Satomi enters the playoffs against Team Velshtein, Ahsoka gets pickpocketed, and Lance learns to drive, Tokyo Drift-style.

11:30 - Space Dandy - 1 - Live With the Flow, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 339 - Protect Ichigo! The Bonds of Friends!
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 14 - Naruto's Growth
1:00 - One Piece - 248 - Franky's Past! The Day the Sea Train First Ran!
1:30 - Blue Exorcist - 7 - A Flock of Plovers
2:00 - Black Lagoon - 3 - Ring-Ding Ship Chase
2:30 - Naruto - 14 - The Number One Hyperactive, Knucklehead Ninja Joins the Fight!!
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 22 - SCANDAL
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 7 - Hidden Truths
4:00 - Samurai Jack - 10 - Jack and the Lava Monster
4:30 - IGPX - 23 - Fate
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 33 - Lightsaber Lost
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 5 - Roar of the White Dragon

Tenumi

Banned
I just realized I forgot to put my glasses back on.

I may not be as tired anymore but my mind isn't completely here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom