• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Maybe we were separated at birth. Krev, how many Chinese bootleg tablets have you bought in your life?

First of all, I didn't buy an Ouya, I won it. I'm not that much of a monster

And while I have never bought a chinese bootleg tablet, I did used to buy those chinese knockoff PSPs that were really just emulation machines back in the day. If it was less than 70 dollars on DealExtreme, I was buying it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Perfection.

I dunno, I think some games are just meant to be played in the safety of your waifu pillow fort.
Poker night at Mike's place?

hF86EC449

daveo42

Banned
FInished Ys: Memories of Celceta on Sunday. Time for Demon Gaze which fortuitously arrived yesterday afternoon. That being said, I'm a little hesitant to be playing this on the metro into and out of work every day. Some of those girls are barely wearing anything at all.

There are definitely some games I avoid playing at work solely for this reason. Then again I work with a bunch of middle-aged ladies that are shocked by typical curse words.

Poker night at Mike's place?

hF86EC449

He's doing that wrong. That's not Revy at all.

bigkrev

FInished Ys: Memories of Celceta on Sunday. Time for Demon Gaze which fortuitously arrived yesterday afternoon. That being said, I'm a little hesitant to be playing this on the metro into and out of work every day. Some of those girls are barely wearing anything at all.

Wait, your telling me a game made in JAPAN AKA GLORIOUS NIPPON has scantly clad girls in it? What is this world coming to!
Yeah, its really hard to play games like that in public. It's one thing for you to have a 3DS or Vita, its another thing for them to see the actual filth you are playing. Upside- no one will sit next to you?

Exactly!

Sleepovers?

WRRIoFY.jpg

Sleepovers.

EDIT:
Wait, your telling me a game made in JAPAN AKA GLORIOUS NIPPON has scantly clad girls in it? What is this world coming to!
Yeah, its really hard to play games like that in public. It's one thing for you to have a 3DS or Vita, its another thing for them to see the actual filth you are playing. Upside- no one will sit next to you?

In all seriousness, yeah even Ys had a few scantily clad women but Demon Gaze is a little over the line. Not quite Dragon's Crown over the line, but still it breached my comfort line of "Yeah I want total strangers using this to judge me."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
In other news about video games based on shows Toonami aired, One Piece Unlimited World Red in EU has a day one edition (Straw Hat edition) with costumes & a quest, and a Chopper Edition, with a Chopper key holder, straw hat crew stickers, Chopper wall scroll, Chopper lanyard, artbook, & a DLC pack of 3 costumes & 1 quest.

In other news about video games based on shows Toonami aired, One Piece Unlimited World Red in EU has a day one edition (Straw Hat edition) with costumes & a quest, and a Chopper Edition, with a Chopper key holder, straw hat crew stickers, Chopper wall scroll, Chopper lanyard, artbook, & a DLC pack of 3 costumes & 1 quest.

Chopper = GOAT confirmed.

That edition looks rad as hell.

Edit: Also, peeps in that fucking SAO thread. Waaaaah no physical edition. Be happy you're getting the game at all for gods sake.

bigkrev

Chopper = GOAT confirmed.

That edition looks rad as hell.

Edit: Also, peeps in that fucking SAO thread. Waaaaah no physical edition. Be happy you're getting the game at all for gods sake.

It's slightly more dependable than normal (normally, I think bitching about digital only should be bannable as thread shitting) if it isn't getting any release outside of the US in English, as digital only Vita games are tricky unless you want to jump through rings to get it working on your Vita

It's slightly more dependable than normal (normally, I think bitching about digital only should be bannable as thread shitting) if it isn't getting any release outside of the US in English, as digital only Vita games are tricky unless you want to jump through rings to get it working on your Vita

Aye. I'm of the opinion that it is just as bad as port begging.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Find it strange that, despite being limited, Jojo All-Star Battle gets a physical release to go with its digital release next week, yet SAO, which one would think would be more popular, is only digital.

I wouldn't be surprised if Namco announced some kind of Amazon &/or Club Namco exclusive retail version, similar to Jojo.

bigkrev

Find it strange that, despite being limited, Jojo All-Star Battle gets a physical release to go with its digital release next week, yet SAO, which one would think would be more popular, is only digital.

I wouldn't be surprised if Namco announced some kind of Amazon &/or Club Namco exclusive retail version, similar to Jojo.

Fighting games need physical releases if you want them to have any semblance of a tournament scene

daveo42

Banned

That's a fantastic pack. I'm hoping something similar comes to NA at release. Nothing other the game announced for us at this point, unless I've missed some news. Chopper pushing that cute factor pretty hard.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I assume we'd get the DLC pre-order bonus at best. I'm still a bit annoyed about how they handled the pre-order bonus for Jojo All-Star Battle in the US, as it's either one character from Amazon or another from Club Namco, while in EU, you get both characters no matter where ya pre-order. & of course, I have $25 in Amazon credit, yet want the Club Namco character. Guess I'll just have to see how they handle DLC pricing considering the game had 9 DLC characters.

Also in EU, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution get a pre-order bonus (Rivals Edition) of Naruto & Sasuke switching outfits as alt. costumes with Samurai Edition giving you a special metal case & a 17cm figurine.

daveo42

Banned
I assume we'd get the DLC pre-order bonus at best. I'm still a bit annoyed about how they handled the pre-order bonus for Jojo All-Star Battle in the US, as it's either one character from Amazon or another from Club Namco, while in EU, you get both characters no matter where ya pre-order. & of course, I have $25 in Amazon credit, yet want the Club Namco character. Guess I'll just have to see how they handle DLC pricing considering the game had 9 DLC characters.

Also in EU, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution get a pre-order bonus (Rivals Edition) of Naruto & Sasuke switching outfits as alt. costumes with Samurai Edition giving you a special metal case & a 17cm figurine.

Yeah, the lockout of preorder bonuses is really bad and you end up having to pick and choose. I tend to go with Amazon for my preorders anyway just because it's a bit easier, but they don't have the game up yet on their site. I'm sure what ever we get will be fine, but some of those bonuses make me legit jealous.

I guess I'll be carrying this around to use on Vitas this summer
images

Sick burn there guy.
I'd do it too if I still had a MtG collection and knew people who'd actually buy the game.

It probably would have been better and less bullshit to just say the costs and time associated with doing said 3d remixes outweighed any revenue that could be made on it.

Conan-san

Well, if it gets gated off to the US PSN then there's a problem to non US SAO fans.

And given how Yen Press are being fuckwads about the books and the comics on Ebook devices we could do with less SAO Region fuckery, not more.

Fuck the gaming world . I have my problems with Nintendo but I could care less (while already caring very little) what that has to do with their standing in said world.

Well, if it gets gated off to the US PSN then there's a problem to non US SAO fans.

And given how Yen Press are being fuckwads about the books and the comics on Ebook devices we could do with less SAO Region fuckery, not more.

I guess if you're looking at it that way, then yes I guess that does blow for the EU/UK people out there. I'll admit that I wasn't thinking about them when I made the statement. I approach these things from a standpoint of "If it didn't get announced for my region, either I'll import if I absolutely have to have it or oh well if it's digital". It's the same thing I do every time I see something released via Nintendo of Europe and then look at Reggie going "What's it going to be this time?"

Assuming it is digital, here's hoping EU-SAO fans get an announcement.

Edit:
What did Nintendo do? I feel like I'm missing a page.

Post #10478 by Bigkrev. NES Remix director claiming the 3DS did not have the power to run elaborate NES games.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NES Remix isn't quite that simple though as they do a bunch of stuff to the games, some of which is rather impressive.

Also playing import digital Vita games while a hassle is by no means impossible. It is time consuming though.

I never complain about digital only, it's the inevitable future for one thing and already the present for a lot of niche as fuck titles because the 30% the various online stores take out is far less than the cost involved with printing, manufacturing, warehousing, transportation, getting major retailers to stock your niche game and then having it sit on shelves for months and years or having to try and rush a restock if your game becomes a hit. XSEED for example only does retail versions of a very few games now and if digital only means the US gets games like AA5 when they otherwise wouldn't then bravo!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Only time I complain about digital is when it feels over-priced i.e. retail price ($30+ for handheld, $50+ for consoles) because it feels like I'm taking a bigger risk on something I don't know if I'll fully enjoy, especially if there's no demo. But that's more due to the fact my budget is really limited & I sometimes have to sell games I know I most likely won't go back to in order to afford other games.

Otherwise, I'm completely fine with digital-only, especially if it's the only means a company will see profit on a game.

NES Remix isn't quite that simple though as they do a bunch of stuff to the games, some of which is rather impressive.

Also playing import digital Vita games while a hassle is by no means impossible. It is time consuming though.

I never complain about digital only, it's the inevitable future for one thing and already the present for a lot of niche as fuck titles because the 30% the various online stores take out is far less than the cost involved with printing, manufacturing, warehousing, transportation, getting major retailers to stock your niche game and then having it sit on shelves for months and years or having to try and rush a restock if your game becomes a hit. XSEED for example only does retail versions of a very few games now and if digital only means the US gets games like AA5 when they otherwise wouldn't then bravo!

I find it difficult to believe that they couldn't accomplish the NES Remix stuff on the 3DS, but they're the developers, not me. My issue with Nintendo is their poor managing of their hardware and third-party relationships. This is what I mean by their standing in the game world. I'm ready for Nintendo to just go the way of Sega and make their games for other consoles.

Re: Your part about digital only: This is my feeling as well. I love the idea of getting more games even if they're digital only. I buy up collector's editions for collecting purposes and I enjoy the physical copies, but if the only way they feel it will be profitable is if they don't have to pay for a retail version, then give it to me. I will say I wish XSEED did even more collector's editions. My copies of Trails in the Sky and Ys: Memories of Celceta CE's are some of the best I've ever gotten.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Considering how little effort they put into Tittyrhythm's original localization release I'm not surprised at all to see this coming over.

EDIT: It's also on the eshop this time, praise be to yevon!

If one enjoys Nintendo games one could just take one look at sega and think going third party is the *last* thing is ever want to happen. If you feel or have ever complained about Nintendo not using their extensive franchise collection now it would be much worse third party . Additional as also indicated by sega the quality of said games would go done by a ton. I'm cool with buying two consoles for Nintendo stuff and third party stuff I know that's a privilege .But I much prefer that to getting literally nothing but Mario from them( once again if you feel this is how they are now it'd be worse third party) .

Crocodile

I find it difficult to believe that they couldn't accomplish the NES Remix stuff on the 3DS, but they're the developers, not me. My issue with Nintendo is their poor managing of their hardware and third-party relationships. This is what I mean by their standing in the game world. I'm ready for Nintendo to just go the way of Sega and make their games for other consoles.

I find it hard to imagine a universe where the quality and breadth (if you thought they made too many Mario games now.......) of Nintendo titles don't decrease by them going 3rd party so if you like their games you don't want this to happen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If one enjoys Nintendo games one could just take one look at sega and think going third party is the *last* thing is ever want to happen. If you feel or have ever complained about Nintendo not using their extensive franchise collection now it would be much worse third party . Additional as also indicated by sega the quality of said games would go done by a ton. I'm cool with buying two consoles for Nintendo stuff and third party stuff I know that's a privilege .But I much prefer that to getting literally nothing but Mario from them( once again if you feel this is how they are now it'd be worse third party) .

I'm like this...only I don't bother buying the other console for third party stuff most of the time. I either play it on PC or go without. Sometimes I will buy a non nintendo system for games I can't get anywhere else. I bought a PS2 for Guitaroo Man and MGS3, an XBOX for KOTOR...and then just upgraded my PC and played it on that, a PS3 to play...old PSX games and stream anime/watch blurays and play FF X/X-2 on and will buy a PS4 probably when Versus comes out. PC has the vast majority of multi platform games these days, better and cheaper if you wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom