• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one enjoys Nintendo games one could just take one look at sega and think going third party is the *last* thing is ever want to happen. If you feel or have ever complained about Nintendo not using their extensive franchise collection now it would be much worse third party . Additional as also indicated by sega the quality of said games would go done by a ton. I'm cool with buying two consoles for Nintendo stuff and third party stuff I know that's a privilege .But I much prefer that to getting literally nothing but Mario from them( once again if you feel this is how they are now it'd be worse third party) .

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I don't think going third-party will result in the same way that Sega did, but it very well could.

Just got an email from SE about Theatrhythm: Curtain call saying "Pre-order now" with the Amazon logo.

Amazon isn't letting me pre-order now :( *shakes fist*

daveo42

Banned
HOLY SHIT WHERE'S THAT GIF FROM AVATAR THAT SHOWS THAT GUY PASSING OUT FROM TOO MUCH EXCITEMENT? CAUSE THAT'S TOTALLY ME RIGHT NOW!

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-coming-west-2014

My 2014 just got a whole lot better

Here you go
pass-out.gif

Not surprised at all by the localization. I liked the first game and plan on buying it, but I might wait it out this time because while the music was stellar, I never really played it after I cleared all of the music in the main game, which didn't take all that long to begin with.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This one has way more content though. Hell if you've never played the first game it has every single song from that one.

I will say I don't actually want to get in a serious argument but I can't see them going third party unless they were financially in a position in which they had to and if that was the case they'd likely end up like sega. They benefit from a *lot* of advantages of being a first party dev and a lot of their incompetences are offset by it and wouldn't be in a third party situation . On a different tangent though , if they never develop a console again but still had a handheld I wouldn't give a shit especially with the rate and extent handheld tech can develop going into the next gen.

ANOTHER TANGENT URGH AMAZON IS SO CRAP WITH NINTENDO GAMES NOW I REFUSE TO USE THEM ANYMORE.

I will say I don't actually want to get in a serious argument but I can't see them going third party unless they were financially in a position in which they had to and if that was the case they'd likely end up like sega. They benefit from a *lot* of advantages of being a first party dev and a lot of their incompetences are offset by it and wouldn't be in a third party situation . On a different tangent though , if they never develop a console again but still had a handheld I wouldn't give a shit especially with the rate and extent handheld tech can develop going into the next gen.

ANOTHER TANGENT URGE AMAZON IS DO CRAP WITH NINTENDO GAMES NOW I REFUSE TO USE THEM.

No worries Dr. P. I didn't want to really get into an argument over it either lol. Nintendo is going to do what it can and I doubt they'll actually go Third Party anytime soon. I'm down with the just handhelds as a route too. They seem to still be able to do that well. I want to see them succeed and leverage the Wii U much more than they have. As I put in my first post, I just don't know enough about how they operate to know how to fix their particular situation.

The biggest problem they have now is how to support two sufficiently advanced systems development wise. With the ds the majority of their first party stuff could be 2D and were still less tasking. Here they have to deal with developing games for two systems that actually require a decent amount of work and time .While Sony has a similar issue , we could all agree they have safely decided to throw vita under the bus until a later time (I hope it's just until a later time ) and hope third parties can make up for it in the mean . Relatedly Nintendo not having that third party buffer is a problem obviously so yea . Ultimately I wish they would just make an on par console or go handheld only (or make some handheld/console hybrid ).I mean the GameCube both made a profit and at this point did better than the Wii u with just being an "on par" system with Nintendo games. But being innovative and chasing "blue ocean "worked twice (ds & wii) to great results and now they wanted to shoot for the moon again and have come up short.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sony is largely done with Vita development I think. They haven't even announced anything above the indy level for internal development in almost two years.

They basically consider their first party to be a couple of ports here and there, some really small team games, and various indies that they woo with guarantees to make crossbuy games available on Vita.

Worst part is I don't think they are wrong for thinking this way. PS4 by all rights should be the console of this generation and they should focus it's efforts there. They also helped themselves in the last years of the PS3 by not focusing too much on launching the vita or getting it off the ground.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They also announced their first ever season pass for Mario Golf 3DS- 3 characters and 2 new courses for 15 dollars.

It's the first time they've labeled DLC as such but not the first time they did it. Fire Emblem sold DLC in advance and at a discount, so did NSMB2.

Also it's 3 characters, plus a bonus character for buying them all and 6 new courses, roughly the same content as the base game, for 15 bucks. Each DLC is 2 courses, 1 character.

They will likely bank on ps now , remote play , crossbuy/play and third parties to leverage it as the ultimate ps4 accessory . But I'm hoping now with ps4 out and successful and ps now incoming that they would maybe have a second push . With maybe some new stuff and some actual action.

The sales of killzone and tearaway are kinda a deterrent though .

bigkrev

Sony is largely done with Vita development I think. They haven't even announced anything above the indy level for internal development in almost two years.

They basically consider their first party to be a couple of ports here and there, some really small team games, and various indies that they woo with guarantees to make crossbuy games available on Vita.

Worst part is I don't think they are wrong for thinking this way. PS4 by all rights should be the console of this generation and they should focus it's efforts there. They also helped themselves in the last years of the PS3 by not focusing too much on launching the vita or getting it off the ground.

Yep, with Killzone and Tearaway out last fall, I think they are done with anything that isn't a port

Seda

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, APRIL 19, 2014

11:30PM Space Dandy 0.8 HH, 1.194 million viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.241 million viewers
12:30AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.8 HH, 1.104 million viewers
1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 906,000 viewers
1:30AM Blue Exorcist 0.7 HH, 877,000 viewers
2:00AM Black Lagoon 0.6 HH, 856,000 viewers
2:30AM Naruto 0.6 HH, 801,000 viewers
3:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.5 HH, 680,000 viewers
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 619,000 viewers
4:00AM Samurai Jack 0.5 HH, 601,000 viewers
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 HH, 545,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.5 HH, 586,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 503,000 viewers

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not surprised at Theatrhythm Curtain Call being localized, but I'm still glad to hear it's finally official.

& nice to see Space Dandy still pulling in over a million despite reruns & the fact it was Easter weekend.

I'm really interested to see what happens with the new schedule once Titan emerges. AoT is one of the most talked about animes of last year. Everyone has been gushing about it before and after it started airing. Alongside SAO, it was the most common cosplay I saw at conventions last year. I wonder if the numbers are going to be outrageous.

Raxus

Further proof that new episodes beat repeats of even great shows every time.

I still find it disheartening about the drop between Feels Piece and Naruto Slowaspuddin'.

I am going to just chalk it up to people falling asleep as Naruto drags on.

How many episodes until we get
to the Sakura fight? 7?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I almost never say this about something from a video game but this gif right here

201404212139393a3.gif

makes my pants tight. Another excuse for knocking my friends into the air????

daveo42

Banned
Nice numbers rebound after last weeks. People came back for the Dandy fanservice.

I like the idea of AoT hitting 2mil during it's opening, but I'm guessing it will be closer to 1.5mil after the first 3 episodes and then it'll hold around that mark.

Yui wearing a fedora with m'daddy as a caption

You might as well just kill him at that point.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I don't think going third-party will result in the same way that Sega did, but it very well could.

Just got an email from SE about Theatrhythm: Curtain call saying "Pre-order now" with the Amazon logo.

Amazon isn't letting me pre-order now :( *shakes fist*
That's not a question of it you think their quality would go down or not, it will

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hunting Horn is the best weapon ever!

When I'm not using it and a friend is! Earplugs for free? No Stamina depletion song so I can run with my Great Sword all day? I love the Hunting Horn...as long as I don't have to use it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hunting Horn is the best weapon ever!

When I'm not using it and a friend is! Earplugs for free? No Stamina depletion song so I can run with my Great Sword all day? I love the Hunting Horn...as long as I don't have to use it.

Haha, pretty much sums it up.

Hammer is awesome allows you to attack creatures heads which most players can't target or take a penalty for hitting, plus you can charge your attack while moving, the spin move is a noob trap mostly just hits your friends but that big smash is awesome

Also reading the mario golf dlc thread is making me shake my head, Nintendo did about the least offensive thing you can do and is giving an insane amount of content as dlc, they could have easily just bundled it as "mario golf 3ds 2 $30-40" and sold it stand alone but instead were getting it for $15 and we get to try it out before we buy it. Damn I wish all dlc worked like that

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hammer is awesome allows you to attack creatures heads which most players can't target or take a penalty for hitting, plus you can charge your attack while moving, the spin move is a noob trap mostly just hits your friends but that big smash is awesome

Also reading the mario golf dlc thread is making me shake my head, Nintendo did about the least offensive thing you can do and is giving an insane amount of content as dlc, they could have easily just bundled it as "mario golf 3ds 2 $30-40" and sold it stand alone but instead were getting it for $15 and we get to try it out before we buy it. Damn I wish all dlc worked like that

I haven't really liked a Mario Golf since the 64 version (I'm a Mario Tennis sort of guy) but I'm really honestly considering getting this game and the DLC. It all depends on how much I enjoy the demo on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom