• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://imgur.com/a/63wEK#0

Okay...so I lied about this being the end. If it was the end, I would have been glad to know that Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was the final person to sign the paper. But alas, it would appear that fate has determined that one more person needs to sign the paper in a few weeks. And rather than let y'all wait until the final signature comes to know who it is, I'll just reveal the name.

It's
Vic Mignogna

So the final signature is coming at the end of the month. As for getting the most recent ones, that shit was quick. Luckily, I got in the autograph lines nearly an hour earlier for each one and they were relatively short lines when I got there. Much better experience than Youmacon 2013. Highlights from the con:

- Entire building had to be evacuated sometime Friday afternoon because some dumbass pulled the fire alarm.
- Panty & Stocking 18+ panel was pretty damn fun. Audience had to ask Jamie and Monica questions that included a swear word and at some point the conversation turned to cake sitting and.....cake farts.
- Watched the first four episodes of Attack on Titan subbed. Apparently, the schedule said it was the English dub, which disappointed a couple of people who showed up. I didn't even notice the typo and even I knew that it was no way they would be showing the dub. As for the show itself, I found it pretty interesting. I would totally try out the 3D Maneuver Gear. Of course, I would goof off with that thing
- Also saw the first four episodes of Space Dandy subbed
- Watched Bible Black for the first time......lawl
dammit, why isn't there a real book like that? :p

So that's it for now. Stay tuned for the true final signature. Hope I get can an accompanying final message to go with the signature.

Now I can finally get some playtime with that ARR Beta :D

MikeMyers

http://imgur.com/a/63wEK#0

Okay...so I lied about this being the end. If it was the end, I would have been glad to know that Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was the final person to sign the paper. But alas, it would appear that fate has determined that one more person needs to sign the paper in a few weeks. And rather than let y'all wait until the final signature comes to know who it is, I'll just reveal the name.

It's
Vic Mignogna

But there will be more in July!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been trying to fit in a Lazybones has seen that hentai joke in for awhile now.

Knowing you've seen the infamous bible black makes that a lot easier though!

bigkrev

NewPhenomLesnar.gif

BULL

SHIT

I just want to pretend they didn't clue Heyman in on the finish, and that was his honest reaction

bigkrev

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797339 , target is just having *all* the sales this week, wonder why now, seems out of the blue, isnt even that close to graduations yet and consoles are a tad too big for Easter baskets

I think that's on the Titanfall Bundles- the normal Xbones were 500 when I was in Target earlier, with the promotion being free year of gold instead of 50 off. I'm guessing the 450 price on the Titanfall bundle is just to finish clearing them out of the system

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So guys I was watching Accel World(in beautiful HD) and everything about it in episode 1 is waaaayyy more interesting than sword art online, idk how popular accel world was or is, but SAO seems way more generic by comparison.
Also it's probably just cause it's the first episode, but the animation and artstyle seems head and shoulders above SAO.

Jintor

isn't accel done by the same guy, just with more experience?

i'll give it a chance i guess despite the fact i throw up a little in my mouth when i think about sao existing

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
isn't accel done by the same guy, just with more experience?

i'll give it a chance i guess despite the fact i throw up a little in my mouth when i think about sao existing
Yes, thats why I decided to watch it because cosmicblizzard told us about it

MikeMyers

In agreement with Puar. Taker's had his day at this point, but I don't think Lesner should have been the one to do it. They should've ended it with someone who was fresh and still developing.

daveo42

Banned
It's been a long time since I cared about wrestling in any way, so I'm not so familiar with the impact of this other than The Undertaker has been around for quite a long time. Based on a friend's reactions, it was the best WrestleMania in a long time and that this was probably the worst fight of the night.

Edit: I refuse to watch Accel World on the basis that it was written by the same person that wrote SAO. Gotta stick to my principles.

bigkrev

It's been a long time since I cared about wrestling in any way, so I'm not so familiar with the impact of this other than The Undertaker has been around for quite a long time. Based on a friend's reactions, it was the best WrestleMania in a long time and that this was probably the worst fight of the night.

Edit: I refuse to watch Accel World on the basis that it was written by the same person that wrote SAO. Gotta stick to my principles.

the thing is, the last 3 Wresltemania's haven't been very good. 27 was a BAD show with an awful main event of Cena vs Miz, a match that probably wouldn't be good under normal circumstances, but was hampered even more by the fact that Miz got concussed midway through the match and clearly had no idea what was going on. Wrestlemania 28 had a bad undercard that was saved by an awesome WWE title match between Punk and Jericho that went 30 minutes, and a great Undertaker match that had possibly the biggest near-fall ever in an Undertaker match (when HHH gave taker a Tombstone Piledriver). Wrestlemania 29 had a main event everyone knew Cena was winning (he wasn't loosing to the Rock twice), an Undertaker match that was built tastelessly around the real life death of Paul Bearer, and a HHH-Lesnar match that no one wanted to see.

This year, the Wyatt-Cena match was exactly what it should have been, minus the ending (I really hope the Wyatt character can recover from this, but I fear he's been rendered a geek for life), the Bryan-HHH match delivered. The crowd never got into Taker-Lesnar, but now that I look back in hindsight, with the shape and tan Taker got, how bulked up Lesnar was, ect- that both guys thought this match was going to be gigantic, and it kind of was clear Undertaker should retire- he looked old. The Battle Royal had some awesome spots- this was one of Kofi's better "My feet didn't touch!" moments that he gets each year (nothing will ever top him landing on an announcer's chair and using it like a pogo stick to get back in the ring), and the finish ruled because it was something I hadn't thought of but made perfect sense in a tribute to Andre the Giant. It also put Cesaro over huge- they had 5 guys wheeling this heavy trophy around, and Cesaro lifted it like it weighed nothing.

Going into Raw, there are a bunch of storylines- Orton has claim to a rematch (he wasn't pinned), Lesnar has claim to a title shot (he beat the Undertaker, and was demanding a title shot before getting the undertaker match), Evolution is probably going to reform for a short run based on how Batista, Orton, and HHH worked together in the main event last night, probably against The Shield (who destroyed HHH's friends last night), and Cesaro is now a babyface who has a racist "we, the people" chant still over- wonder what's going to happen to that.

Normally, Wrestlemania is the end of most storylines, and you have to wait till Raw to see what the future holds. They did a great job ending stories this year, but also set themselves up with a bunch of stuff for the new year- it's a great time to be a fan!

Raxus

It's nice to see wrestling in .gf form since they are always hilarious but I never cared for wrestling as a kid and I share the same apathy today.

daveo42

Banned

I am familiar with some of the names, but not much in the way of the stories surrounding them. The most familiar character there is the Rock, but more for what he does outside of wrestling. Nice quick catch-up with the current haps and nice to see they still storylines improving.

The last time I was actually interested in wrestling was in the 80s.

I mean I only really watched last night to see the story of the crowd favorite underdog "win one match injured to get into the title match which was a 3 way" and that was pretty spectacular. The rest was just gravy at that point

Amikami

Banned
Jeez. What happened to this thread. I hate wrestling! Had to sit through it for hours with my brother when I was younger. Even worse, having to go through the torture of my bro "trying" wrestling moves on me. I'm surprise I'm alive right now.

Levyne

Banned
Jeez. What happened to this thread. I hate wrestling! Had to sit through it for hours with my brother when I was younger. Even worse, having to go through the torture of my bro "trying" wrestling moves on me. I'm surprise I'm alive right now.

Don't make me piledriver you. I might even pull out the tombstone.

There, I've exhausted my knowledge of wrestling moves.

Amikami

Banned
Don't make me piledriver you. I might even pull out the tombstone.

There, I've exhausted my knowledge of wrestling moves.

Yeah, those are the ones I remember the most. And then there's the infamous chokeslam. After that you go in for the kill. Submission hold. Oh God not the anaconda vice! Hmm. This thread is making me remember how much an ass my older bro was. Good thing I was a pretty tough kid myself.

LOLDSFAN

N O E S C A P E

I don't like wrestling either.

Raxus

I remember when this thread was about anime.

In a totally unrelated note at this point, I started watching OHSHC.

daveo42

Banned
I remember when this thread was about anime.

In a totally unrelated note at this point, I started watching OHSHC.

You'll have to let me know if it's good a shoujo or not. Shoujo done well is really good, but the generic stuff just sucks in my book.

Replace brother with older male cousins and this was my EXACT experience too :<

Raxus

You'll have to let me know if it's good a shoujo or not. Shoujo done well is really good, but the generic stuff just sucks in my book.

Andrex loves it to pieces and it started off pretty well.

Seeing Daily lives of High School Boys really made me realize how little comedy anime I watch so I decided to watch OHSHC and Azumanga Daioh throughout the next few weeks.

It also helps there are only 2 anime shows this season worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom