• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Amazon has informed me Seasons 1 & 2 of Zatch Bell are bundled together for $60....but it's 104 episodes out of 150, as because of ratings, they never dubbed any more episodes. The Japanese sub isn't even included, from what I'm hearing.

Why am I discovering old Toonami shows on DVD, yet either don't have subtitles for the Japanese audio or don't even have the JPN voices period?

I also discovered a freakin box set of Digimon Seasons 1 through 4, 205 episodes on 32 discs, $120.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"Multiple Traps! Countdown to Destruction"

UoFFpZsl.jpg

Ino is reporting to the Hokage and the 5th asks if she really thinks all these paper bombs are just a distraction. Shizune is convinced that isn't possible but from what Tsunade has seen of Genno so far its well within his wheelhouse. Choji and Shikamaru are hanging out at the thinking spot. Just what is the old man up to? Shikamaru gets into thinking position and goes over the plot so far. Fake death, fake attack, scattering plans, paper bombs, he's probably still alive but why would he want everyone to rush back to the village? Could it be as he stares into the monument of the third.

5JgwUFGl.jpg

Naruto and Genno are in said giant head. Genno just told him the bombs were a decoy. Well, except those right here in this cavern! Genno asks if he knows about the Geology of these mountains. Of course he doesn't. The plateau behind this monument might be dense but it is full of fissures, in fact careful exploitation of this allowed for the faces to be carved. Today and 30 years ago aren't the only time Genno has been among the Leaf he's been here several times calculating and plotting and with the right explosive charge he can destroy the plateau. Shikamaru dismisses the idea of attacking the monuments until he factors in the damage taking out the whole plateau would cause. Back to Genno who explains in some still shots what will happen, the Village Hidden in the Leaf will become the Village Buried in the Rubble! Naruto is legit shook! Shikamaru needs to tell the Hokage, gotta stop the ninjas from coming back. Lee and Kiba come with GOOD NEWS EVERYONE, Guy-Sensei is back.

1PcGyAx.gif

He sure is. Shikamaru is too late. Hinata comes in saying Naruto needs us. Naruto cuts a promo on Genno. What about all the innocent people, all those buildings you worked on and if revengenance is what you are after then it's not gonna work, brotherjackdude. It never works, not like that. Naruto is here to stop you in your tracks. Genno says it's impossible, the fate of this village was sealed the moment you stepped foot inside here because even if he wins the bombs go off the moment he leaves. Asuma and Kurenai return with their ninja squads and Genno's bird friend flies once again this time over the monument and cries out. That was the signal that everyone has returned so Genno reaches into his jacket and he pulls out a handful of kunai. This village will suffer just like the Heat Devil village did. Naruto will stop him with some good old Shadow Clone Jutsu but Genno says it is too late and throws the kunai...right into the shadow clones.

NqKrMkEl.jpg

Also apparently the real one! A mere boy like you disarming all my traps is inconceivable. Naruto...agrees with him! It would be next to impossible if he was alone but he's got the entire Fairy Tail Guild with him. Genno lays the smack on Naruto by asking if these are the same friends you did nothing but badmouth at Ichiraku? Yeah, well, just because they fight and tick him off sometimes doesn't mean they aren't his friends. They are all Shinobi who will protect the Leaf no matter what weird traps or where. If that's the case then he better end this right here and now, throwing about thirty kunai at Naruto.

qWi984Al.jpg

FANG OVER FANG. It's Kiba and Akamaru. Hinata told them where he was as she thought it was strange you never came back so she searched the village with her magic eyes. Genno still compliments the boy on finding them, it couldn't have been easy even with the Byakugan. Nah, Shikamaru pretty much figured out your plan. Genno wonders if he hasn't been taking these youngsters seriously enough.

qn4UocUl.jpg

Shino certainly thinks so. Wait no, that one explodes as Shino warns them to get down. Naruto thinks the old man is a goner but no, last second Substitution Jutsu. Genno is on top of the monument now and has moved a rock concealing a paper bomb. He's going to detonate it with his kunai...which stops right above the target. Shadow Strangle Jutsu. Choji is there for backup. Shikamaru makes the old man walk over towards him and gets Choji to grab him...but when he does he erupts into a purple miasma! Choji uses Human Boulder to chase after him just as the old man leaps and throws a kunai right into the paper bomb. The Leaf village is FINISHED!

73K4j7tl.jpg

Tough luck, says our girl Twenty and her crew of Neji, Shino, Naruto, Akamaru and his handler. She already got that one. Neji adds that they got all the ones in the mountain side. Naruto tells him to give it up and so does Sakura, hopping into the scene with Ino Pig, Hinata, and Lee, who tells him fleeing is useless. Naruto says that no matter how incredible a trap master you are our teamwork will beat you every time. The streak is over! Genno is not done yet, he would sooner stop breathing than give up. Naruto reiterates his main point as Genno starts a new topic, that of facing his son. He uses that odd moment to send up a flare from his sleeve and vanish! Ino finds him and the old man claims to have found an armed paper bomb which he strikes with his knife, claiming victory!

juzCYTvl.jpg

FISSION MAILED. Wait no, Sakura points out that this is clearly just Genjutsu and releases it. Naruto is still fooled though. SUMMONING JUTSU! His next trick is to bring forth a giant purple banded hawk again. Ino is on the case with her Mind Transfer Jutsu but if you notice carefully the hawk has a paper bomb on its talon. Also Ino collapses the moment she gets into the old man's body, too much pain. The old man is dying! Lee confronts him next and the old man does an admirable job dodging him, then creates a smokescreen and begins his counterattack. The smoke clears and Naruto jumps in to find Genno on the ground and Lee breathing heavy with his legs crossed. The two fighters trade compliments on each other's Taijutsu. Naruto can't believe it's over but Genno is afraid that it's not over. Lee is shook. Shikamaru knows the score and wants to know where the big bird went. Hinata on look out duty points to it and notices the paper bomb. Genno explains his final plan, the crack on the third hokage's face is different and if struck with this bomb will set everything in motion with its explosive shock wave.

JoX8URAl.jpg

Tenty summons a multicrossbow. They all miss and Neji thinks long range attacks won't work. Naruto takes the direct route and jumps on the face crack, targeting a Rasengan before the bird lands. His shadow clone is summoned into empty air though and nearly falls off of the face, oh wait it does fall off. Good guy Choji uses Partial Expansion Jutsu: Both Arms to catch them. The ninja distract the bird by throwing kunai and slinging arrows at it while Naruto powers up the shot. Hinata jumps down behind him and tells him that Shikamaru, well, ordered her to read the birds movements and, um, give him directions? He looks up and sees the rest of the rookies and says whenever you are. NOT YET (BD:FF FLASHBACKS) Naruto is gonna risk his life for the village just like the third hokage did, brother. Rasengan! Misses completely! It dodged up!

R4VWLYgl.jpg

Sakura has had enough! The rock moves the bird just enough so Naruto can somehow hit it right in the foot, it goes spinning up into the air before the summon disappears. Guy wonders what it was as Choji catches Naruto and he congratulates Hinata. They all meet around the old man's body and Sakura is examining him with medical ninjutsu. He's all beat up inside, it's amazing he lasted this long. It's a shame he didn't get to leave his mark on history but at least he had fun as he clutches the picture to his chest. He shuts his eyes and releases the picture, Shikamaru picks it up...NARUTO?!? The caption reads my son, proud as a peacock after beating me in a treasure hunt. Shino knows, during this whole thing no one has died (well, what about that body double.) Everyone is shook at this news besides Naruto who still isn't over the old man's death. Tsunade figured it out, the boy is Genno's son! (We put that together) He fought in the war between the two villages as a ninja of the Heat Devil. Genno wanted Revengenance for his son, Shizune notes. Shikamaru thinks it did start that way but then...Then what inquires the fifth Hokage. Something was bugging Shikamaru so he checked out the explosives set in the academy. The circuit was precut, it never would have gone off. Shizune asks if the old man just made a mistake. No way, he was a master trap builder. Tsunade agrees. Shikamaru also found a bunch of defects in the mountain trap and even if the whole thing went off the village would have been spared and the only lasting results would have been the monuments defaced with cracks. What was he doing, asks Shizune. He was on a treasure hunt.

zUqrkNQl.jpg
He changed his mind when he met Ninja Jesus, the spitting image of his son. Naruto is LEGIT SHOOK, he changed a life without even using Talk No Jutsu. The old man knew he was going to die so he wanted to have some fun and recapture the feeling of treasure hunting with his son. Well, that's his theory at any rate. Ino wonders if the old man wasn't a bad guy after all. Choji knew it all along, it's like he always says, someone who eats Ichiraku ramen can't be all bad. Ino is distraught over this, she thought the old guy didn't like eating ramen all the time. Choji says Ichiraku ramen is different and Teuchi nods. Shikamaru agrees, no one can eat something they hate every day and Naruto sees the old man in the dregs of his broth...before drinking him up and stealing his strength! He then cuts a promo on bad guy's like Orochimaru and it not being this easy next time someone comes a calling. Ino agrees saying they'll be ready for anything. Sakura agrees with that, Shikamaru calls it a drag and Choji decides he needs to keep his strength up so he eats faster.

C6JX0EUl.jpg

This is our duty, to protect the Hidden Leaf Village. All of us, working together!

NEXT EPISODE: "The Top 5 Ninja Battles"

BONUS:

ssx7S5fl.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tomorrow's episode is a trip.

It's a clip show combined with another fake telecast like the one they had before the forest of pain started up and it's basically an apology for filler hell.

Also Wednesday features the best filler opening of any show plus a great ending.

fWlPUy3.gif

Huh? Naruto stopped evolving?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Next episode of Naruto recap has every or almost every
scene of brutal Sakura on Naruto violence in it.

Including the gif that started it all.

Jintor

Fucking proxmate not working on youtube

fucking funimation region locking their videos

I'M TRYING TO WATCH YOU LEGIT YOU TITS

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If anything, Soul Eater NOT can be some great Toonami snark bait, much like SAO and GXP.
Though I have feeling it's still better written than those two.

Speaking of snark bait (snark bait hoohahaha!), Dragon Ball Evolution is on FX right now. Man, what a mess of a movie. You had one job, Hollywood. Make a good Dragon Ball movie. Instead you gave us...that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Imagine if Toonami got the rights to air that movie. "WELL, you guys said you wanted Dragon Ball to return!"

daveo42

Banned
Speaking of snark bait (snark bait hoohahaha!), Dragon Ball Evolution is on FX right now. Man, what a mess of a movie. You had one job, Hollywood. Make a good Dragon Ball movie. Instead you gave us...that.

I specifically remember being happy that I did not pay to see that movie after it came out. I was still unhappy that I wasted 2 hours of my life watching it. Expectations going in were insanely low and yet it managed to be way worse than that.

They could show it off over the summer, but only if they enjoy the pain and suffering of the Toonami faithful.

bigkrev

I'll give DB Evolution credit for at least trying to be a movie, and not something even worse like FF7 Advent Children, which was basically just masturbation bate for FF7 diehards. It's a shitty movie, but at least they tried.

Watch Man of Steel if you want to see live action DBZ. Actually, don't do that, that movie is worse than DB Evolution, lol

bigkrev

I actually liked Advent Children. I can agree that it's pretty much 2 hours of straight fanservice.

It's the most boring movie I have ever watched. Nothing has an ounce of impact. How can you make a movie that is 90% insane action and have it be so boring?!?!

daveo42

Banned
It's the most boring movie I have ever watched. Nothing has an ounce of impact. How can you make a movie that is 90% insane action and have it be so boring?!?!

It's 100% a nostalgia kick for fans of the game and nothing more. You might not need to be a diehard fan to enjoy it, but it was the movie fans were fine with because it had all the themes, characters, and locations they loved and remember from the original game.

Edit: I still agree that nothing of worth actually happens in the movie to push the story further, but again it was nothing but 2 hours of fanservice. Some people will find it boring and others will watch and enjoy it several times over.

bigkrev

It's 100% a nostalgia kick for fans of the game and nothing more. You might not need to be a diehard fan to enjoy it, but it was the movie fans were fine with because it had all the themes, characters, and locations they loved and remember from the original game.

I understand all that. I'm just saying that the action is somehow yawn inducing despite how insane it is.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But is it better than Spirits Within? I saw that at my public library & it's free to rent, but I never got around to borrowing it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

That and the character regression of Cloud pissed me off so much. It's a complete waste of time.

People bash Spirits Within but at least it has interesting moments and was actually groundbreaking in its animation. AC looked good when it came out, don't get me wrong but it wasn't revolutionary by any means.

daveo42

Banned
But is it better than Spirits Within? I saw that at my public library & it's free to rent, but I never got around to borrowing it.

I'd watch it, but don't expect all that much from it. Okay story that kind of ties into some of the lore of FFVII (not same universe btw). I liked it for what it was worth.

bigkrev

DGE was awful the biggest pos I've ever seen

Give me a day and I can probably name 5 worse films I payed to see in theaters than that.

Granted, most of them will have been from either dates or others wanting to go, but you are vastly overstating how awful the movie is. There is a LOT of shit that gets put out and makes money

Give me a day and I can probably name 5 worse films I payed to see in theaters than that.

Granted, most of them will have been from either dates or others wanting to go, but you are vastly overstating how awful the movie is. There is a LOT of shit that gets put out and makes money

Hence the phrase "I've ever seen" :p

Seda

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, APRIL 5, 2014

11:30PM Space Dandy 0.9 HH, 1.331 million viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.246 million viewers
12:30AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.8 HH, 1.159 million viewers
1:00AM One Piece 0.8 HH, 1.062 million viewers
1:30AM Blue Exorcist 0.7 HH, 973,000 viewers
2:00AM Black Lagoon 0.6 HH, 778,000 viewers
2:30AM Naruto 0.6 HH, 660,000 viewers
3:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.5 HH, 596,000 viewers
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 564,000 viewers
4:00AM Samurai Jack 0.4 HH, 534,000 viewers
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 HH, 470,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.4 HH, 518,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 445,000 viewers

Saturday night’s TOONAMI anime programming line-up also scored big: Naruto (12:30 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among men 18-34, while One Piece(1 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24 and men 18-24 & 18-34. Blue Exorcist (1:30 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-34 & 18-24, and Black Lagoon (2 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24. One Piecegrew average delivery year-over-year among adults 18-34 (17 percent) & 18-49 (16 percent) and all targeted male demos (between 4 percent and 33 percent), while Blue Exorcist and Black Lagoon both grew average delivery among all targeted adults (between 10 percent and 22 percent) and men 18-34 & 18-49.

MikeMyers

DB:E was mostly wasted-potential. Piccolo needed more development and the final battle was lame. I'm not a fan of the Daimao arc, so I didn't really care to see that one adapted either.

For GT. The first arc was boring as hell because the I didn't buy into the idea that the protagonists were believable threats to the hero. The Bebi arc was fun and I actually enjoy Bebi more than I do with Freeza, Cell, and Buu. Super 17 was basically just one big fight but I enjoyed it. Shadow Dragons arc is my vote for worst arc in the entire series, mainly for the end when it became a long string of battles with Fire Dragon-Ice Dragon-Omega Shenron. Not to mention those antagonists are so boring because they have as much personality as Android #18 does, which is none.

I haven't seen Man of Steel yet and I have no desire it but a few people who I generally agree with in taste enjoy it, so I'll watch it one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom