• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

It's literally the exact same thing as shounen anime, except with (mostly) real people.

This is true, but anime fighting is way more exciting for me.

Call me when Shawn Michaels throws... I don't know, Ultimate Warrior, into a mountain and Warrior counters it with a giant energy beam that wipes out an entire ecosystem.

daveo42

Banned
Andrex loves it to pieces and it started off pretty well.

Seeing Daily lives of High School Boys really made me realize how little comedy anime I watch so I decided to watch OHSHC and Azumanga Daioh throughout the next few weeks.

It also helps there are only 2 anime shows this season worth watching.

Andrex vote means I'll probably check it out then. I like a good balance of comedy in my anime instead of all serious or all comedy, though there are some exceptions. I can always dig on a good slice of life anime as well. The last one I really enjoyed was Ano Hana

I know Mushishi is one, but what's the other?

I really don't watch a ton of anime on a regular basis. It tends to be more binge watching every so often.

TheChits

So anime
untitled-6e5sky.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
He'd feel right at home on Bleach.

He is used to giving pointless 20 minute monologues that lead nowhere, so that's pretty spot on.

This is true, but anime fighting is way more exciting for me.

Call me when Shawn Michaels throws... I don't know, Ultimate Warrior, into a mountain and Warrior counters it with a giant energy beam that wipes out an entire ecosystem.
I'm pretty sure Warrior believes this actually happened.

Andrex loves it to pieces and it started off pretty well.

Seeing Daily lives of High School Boys really made me realize how little comedy anime I watch so I decided to watch OHSHC and Azumanga Daioh throughout the next few weeks.

It also helps there are only 2 anime shows this season worth watching.

Detroit Metal City should be near the top of any best comedy anime list.

Legitimately the hardest I've laughed at a single anime ever.

I really don't watch a ton of anime on a regular basis. It tends to be more binge watching every so often.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 is probably a safe bet though I've been eyeing Ping Pong for a while, crossing my fingers on that one.

Initial impressions of Isshuukan Friends seem positive as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funimation just announced they got the rights for One Piece Film: Z, the 12th movie, coming this fall.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How many OP movies does Funimation have the rights to, save for Z & Strong World? I wouldn't be surprised if Toonami aired one eventually considering movies based on shows have a higher chance (Trigun, Eva, FMA, etc.) of appearing.

Raxus

Andrex vote means I'll probably check it out then. I like a good balance of comedy in my anime instead of all serious or all comedy, though there are some exceptions. I can always dig on a good slice of life anime as well. The last one I really enjoyed was Ano Hana

JoJo Part 3.

I am a fan of the manga and the OVA so I am looking forward to the story being mostly adapted into the anime. JoJo's part 1 and 2 were pretty great minus some weird hiccups here and there.

Will add it to my to watch list after AD.

daveo42

Banned

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 is probably a safe bet though I've been eyeing Ping Pong for a while, crossing my fingers on that one.

Initial impressions of Isshuukan Friends seem positive as well.

JoJo Part 3.

I am a fan of the manga and the OVA so I am looking forward to the story being mostly adapted into the anime. JoJo's part 1 and 2 were pretty great minus some weird hiccups here and there.

Will add it to my to watch list after AD.

Another anime/manga I need to get around to watching. I've heard nothing but good things about JoJo as well. I might need to make a list of stuff to watch...

Also, I second Detroit Metal City.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It got a limited release in theaters a while back in Jan. & Feb. No idea about a DVD/Blu-Ray release since they did a second theatrical release due to demand.

daveo42

Banned
Oh... I had forgot that existed....

I remember hearing a rather lackluster response to the movie, that's about it. Never watched it.

...Hmm, has Funi said anything about the movie's release?

Here are my rankings for the three movies:

Why I ranked them that way:
2.22 is the best of the three by a decent margin because of how both classic and new the story is. It also ends on a pretty awesome note. Didn't care for the extra Eva pilot, she's pretty unnecessary overall.
1.11 is next because it's a pretty good retelling of the first portion of the anime and has good build up to the end. Nice setup for 2.22
3.33 is by far the worst due to where it starts and goes from 2.22. It does goes go in a vastly different direction with the plot, but while gutsy, it is overly confusing and seems to focus on the bits of Eva that were either dumb or depressing. Anno really fucked up with the third movie. The best thing about it is the animation, which remains top notch.

These are by no way reviews of the movies, but just the same, I'd avoid reading these if you haven't seen all three.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Funimation announced they'll be simulcasting Soul Eater NOT. Expect the dub on Toonami in the future (this last part is just an educated guess).

Expect One Piece Film Z far far FAR in the future.

RedBoot

How many OP movies does Funimation have the rights to, save for Z & Strong World? I wouldn't be surprised if Toonami aired one eventually considering movies based on shows have a higher chance (Trigun, Eva, FMA, etc.) of appearing.

As far as I know, just movie 8 (Alabasta recap) and those two.

They should really get 4, 5, or 6, all would fit in well right now (and 4 and 6 are the best of the early ones).

BatDan

As far as I know, just movie 8 (Alabasta recap) and those two.

They should really get 4, 5, or 6, all would fit in well right now (and 4 and 6 are the best of the early ones).

Don't forget Movie 2, that one was a lot of fun.

For some reason I'm really craving pizza tonight, might have to get some delivery..

There's this neat little mom and pop shop down the road from me; they're expensive but the price is worth it.

Seda

I had FireHouse subs for lunch.

The bread alone is so much better than the other chains.

No, Bigkrev, I didn't take a picture.

BatDan

I had FireHouse subs for lunch.

The bread alone is so much better than the other chains.

No, Bigkrev, I didn't take a picture.

Firehouse Subs huh?
*looks up locations* Man, that's a bit far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom