• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Real Top 5 Fights:
5.) Sakura Vs Sasuke (Sound Four Arc)
4.) Sakura Vs Garra (Invasion Arc)
3.) Team 7 Vs Kakashi (Land of Waves Arc)
2.) Sakura Vs Sound Ninja (Chuin Exams Arc)
1.) Sakura Vs Ino (Chuin Exams Arc)

#1 will be topped when Ino beats Sasuke to death to win Sakura's heart, and then Naruto kills himself so he can be with Sasuke in the afterlife.

The real top five fights 202 episodes in.

5. Might Guy versus Itachi/Kisame
4. Naruto versus Sasuke on the roof
3. Lee/Garra versus Kimmimaro
2. Orochimaru versus Team 7
1. Lee versus Garra

MikeMyers

I like how Sakura has just enough battles to make an entire list, even if two of them are just one-hit-KO's.

5.) Sasuke Vs Sakura (Sound Four Arc)
4.) Sasuke Vs Temari (Invasion Arc)
3.) Sasuke Vs Zaku (Chuin Exams Arc)
2.) Sasuke Vs Akado (Chuin Exams Arc)
1.) Sasuke Vs Naruto (Sound Four Arc)

Interestingly, Sasuke has just enough wins to make a full list of his victories.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So the week or so of finishing games has added to more victims to my 3DS backlog.

Finished Paper Mario:Sticker Star on Monday. This game is fantastic. I know why people don't like it (because it is not The Thousand Year Door) but its basically a perfect hybrid of an old timey adventure game with the tried and true Mario RPG mechanics. Boss battles are quite fun as well but the regular battles could have used higher stakes. They eventually become something in between a punishment for not dodging properly or a gamble to replace bad stickers with better ones.

Finished Resident Evil:Revelations last night. Incredible game and a near perfect mix of RE1 style scares and resource management with RE4 and on style controls. Very creepy game. Hilariously over the top story. Good bosses. The only real complaint is that while the enemies are certainly creepy as fuck a lot of them are rather sameish.

So the new list is as Follows:
Code:
Sunday: EO Untold
Monday: Luigi's Mansion 2
Tuesday: Ghost Recon:Shadow Wars
Wednesday: Tales of the Abyss
Thursday: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Friday: ??? and MH Tri at night
Saturday: Pokémon Y, pokémon breeding.

I'm still on BD and infamous, honestly I'd rather just quickly get through some games , and work towards playing games I *really really* like for longer (should really get back to ac and style savvy and Pokemon) and buying less games and much less stuff at full price

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still on BD and infamous, honestly I'd rather just quickly get through some games , and work towards playing games I *really really* like for longer (should really get back to ac and style savvy and Pokemon) and buying less games and much less stuff at full price

Buying less games and beating those I own are precisely why I took up this schedule.

It helps that the 3DS schedule is by no means as deep as it was last year, that being said my console bench is starting to get unruly.

I have a mountain of VC games on the Wii/Wii U to clear.
For retail I have:

DK:Jungle Freeze
Ninja Gaiden 3
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
ZombiU

and I still have a few PS3 games to get to.

FFX and X-2 HD
KH 1.5 HD

and a scattered few vita games here and there.

This backlog purge will go on smoothly until the end of May when Mario Kart comes out, then a few weeks later the Job Fiesta will come and ruin my day, though I managed to beat the game five times and still complete SMT IV and play a few hundred hours of Animal Crossing last year, so who knows. Throw Smash Bros. 3DS in the mix and who knows what will happen.

The biggest choke is how many utterly gigantic games I have left on the pile. Abyss is huge and might take me all of the eight weeks left until Mario Kart. EO Untold will take a long time as well and right behind that is Rune Factory 4, a game I barely touched. Style Savvy lasted one of my friends 250 hours. Luigi's Mansion 2 isn't that long but the game behind it, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team is supposedly beastly.

Even then the urge to drop everything and replay something fantastic like BD:FF always haunts me.

Anyways here is the adjusted future lineup:

Code:
Sunday: EO Untold, Rune Factory 4, SMT:Soul Hackers,  Unchained Blades
Monday: Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Wario Land 2, Wario Land 3
Tuesday: Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, DS Overclocked, Project Cross Zone
Wednesday: TotA, KH:DDD, Style Savvy,  Adventure Time, Heroes of Ruin, HM:A New Beginning
Thursday: Layton 4, Layton 5, Ghost Trick, Radiant Historia.
Friday: Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Zelda: Oracle of Ages, MH Tri.
Saturday: Pokémon Y

Wednesday is stacked because those are all physical game cards and I end up traveling so much I try to only leave one cart in the system. Layton 5 is also a physical version so we'll cross that bridge when I come to it, otherwise that is the special day I bring out the DSi XL. There's a ton of DS games I could add to that list too, 4 Heroes of Light, Mario and Luigi:Bowser's Inside Story, Pokémon Soul Silver.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm hoping to work on my backlog over the summer, once I'm done with the semester. Maybe I can finally start on Tales of Xillia that I got back on Black Friday. Though I've started to notice with the little free time I have, 3DS & Vita are slowly becoming my systems of choice, especially games I can easily pick up & play in short bursts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I stopped buying Tales games precisely because of the effect they had on my backlog. They've always had out of control lengths and come out every other year or so. ToP the very first one has about four false endings. It's the Okami of JRPGs.

bigkrev

I stopped buying Tales games precisely because of the effect they had on my backlog. They've always had out of control lengths and come out every other year or so. ToP the very first one has about four false endings. It's the Okami of JRPGs.

PS Plus sales (Sure, i'll buy Tales of Xillia for 9 bucks!, ect), Steam Bundles, and me never touching my 3DS while I still buy games in it.

RIP Me

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I probably would have caved on TOS collection if not for the FPS downgrade and I'd be playing it now.

PS3 is my primary media box though and gets more playtime than my Wii U lately! It runs at least four hours every day while I fall asleep watching wrestling!

Haven't played a game on it since FF XIII and VII-IX a few years ago though but the thing gets used. UMC also means a ton of my anime is watched streamed from the PC or in the Blu-Ray drive.

Since I have ps+ I don't care so much about backlog then determine if I actually want to play and beat a game or not . Right now I have some 2013 backlog, and two 2014 games bought , wirth no intention of buying anything new until I finish *something*

Levyne

Banned
I'm repeating myself at this point, but I only buy or grab (even if free) stuff that I know I plan to play in the near future. So virtually no backlog, outside of stuff given to me.

daveo42

Banned
I really need to do a better job chipping away at all the games I currently own or got free from PS+. I know I'll never get down to anything close to zero games, but there is a good list of stuff I have never played and owe it to myself to finish. Working on Infamous Second Son and the Steins;Gate VN right now, with a few other games in the wings.

At this point I've basically given up on BD as I haven't touched it in almost 2 months. I may get back on it soonish, but there are a lot of other short and portable games I need to spend time with. Maybe Hotline Miami, Puppeteer, and Rain here soon on top of Papers, Please and a few other games on PC.

I have too many games and not enough time to play them. Maybe I should invest in a hyperbolic time chamber.

I don't have any portable games until I get Kirby , I mean other than the games I'm waiting to be cheaper/on sale (Dangan/Layton/dk) . If I can finish infamous or bd by end April I might get child of light .

bigkrev

Games I have bought in the last 7 days

-MLB The Show 14 for Vita
-Steins Gate for PC
-Legend of Zelda LBW for 3DS
-The most recent Layton game for 3DS
- Yoshi Island for 3DS
-Assassin's Creed 3 for PC (5 dollar Amazon sale)

Games from that list I have even taken the shrink wrap off of/installed:

MLB The Show 14
Steins Gate

Game I have actually booted up:

MLB The Show 14

daveo42

Banned
I still have GTAV, Dead Space 3, Puppeteer, and the 2 PS3 Devil Summoner reissue games still sealed with a bunch of others that I have yet to touch.

At least I get a short break from buying games, until Child of Light comes out at the end of the month.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ugh, Child of Light is going to be hard to resist.

Oh, I'll buy it right off but it'll join the heap of games.

I do all my TOONAMI posting on the Wii U these days and you don't know how hard it is to resist booting up something during Samurai Jack or IGPX to keep me awake.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Was able to pay off Conception 2 with trading more games in & using a $5 GameStop gift card I earned from Bing. Now I can use the remaining credit for $20 worth of Amazin credit towards Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle & get it for about 1/2 off (though I wanted to pre-order from Namco's site for the cooler pre-order bonus, but oh well, gotta go with what's cheaper/better for the budget).

If there wasn't so many games coming out, I'd totally save up for those Bo-bobo DVDs I discovered.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Apparently he wasn't even that involved with the third season and the third season was the best of all of them so I have no worries.

Apparently he wasn't even that involved with the third season and the third season was the best of all of them so I have no worries.
Typically speaking, we tend to focus a lot on one person as a creator and influence for a work, despite that not really being the case or without being aware of the people who changed things or kept them in check/on track.

eh the third season didn't do much for me tbh (the dodgeball, stinkmeaner and fund raiser eps were the ones i really liked), .

athough that could explain why Huey retired during that season lol

*reads newest One Piece chapter*

i0hxKyp.gif

And that's why this manga is ranked so high on MAL.

Levyne

Banned
I had a longer post but I'm paring it down because I was rambling.

I'll leave it at: I liked The Last of Us, but I don't really understand the gobs and gobs of enormous praise it receives.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Eagerly looking forward to picking up The Last of Us later this year.

For the PS3 I'll be getting.

Along with MGSV, The Evil Within, and oodles of HD Collections on the cheap.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
These full priced next gen up ports of games is setting a trend that I am not at all ok with.

I generally agree...but then it happens to a game I like and suddenly I don't care about spending that dough.

Like if Xenoblade was ported I'd drop everything, pay whatever they ask, and beat it again for the fourth time.

These full priced next gen up ports of games is setting a trend that I am not at all ok with.

And oddly people get up in arms over Nintendo's price of a GBA game on the eShop, but something like this is welcomed with open arms.

I have a problem with it in that I've been waiting for a GOTY edition of TLOU to drop on PS3 and this likely means one ain't comin' any time soon.

Speaking of games, is no one else hooked on Rusty's Real Deal Baseball like I am?

bigkrev

And oddly people get up in arms over Nintendo's price of a GBA game on the eShop, but something like this is welcomed with open arms.

I have a problem with it in that I've been waiting for a GOTY edition of TLOU to drop on PS3 and this likely means one ain't comin' any time soon.

Speaking of games, is no one else hooked on Rusty's Real Deal Baseball like I am?

Some of those gba games are close to 15 years old. TLOU is 10 months old

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Considering how rampant fake GBA cartridges are, paying $8 for an authentic digital version isn't so bad.

I generally agree...but then it happens to a game I like and suddenly I don't care about spending that dough.

Like if Xenoblade was ported I'd drop everything, pay whatever they ask, and beat it again for the fourth time.
Well with Xenoblade there's the excuse that it had a limited production run and no digital copy, so an up port would be the first time many people would get to experience it. There's no such excuse for TLOU. Even less excuse for charging full price, since hd releases (like team ICO or God of War) and GOTY releases (like Borderlands 2 and Skyrim) released with way more content and they didn't cost more than 40 bucks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The one decent argument I can think of is that a ton of people probably switched over from 360 to PS4 without owning a PS3 and since there's no BC there's an untapped market willing to pay full price for a game like this.

Jintor

The Last of Us more like yeah okay that was cool

I dunno, I wasn't blown away or anything but it wasn't bad or nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom