• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Yeah, I remember the VHS days of buying the entire Ocean Dub Saiyan Arc for $99. Well, begging parents for it constantly.

Then again, I saw the ROCK THE DRAGON set at Best Buy for $100. So I guess things haven't changed.

Fun Fact: I have a shit-ton episode of Inuyasha/Case Closed episodes recorded off Adult Swim somewhere.

Be thankful Funi picked up Attack on Titan and is putting it out as 2 bluray sets for about 40 each. If Aniplex had it, it would be 4 $100 box sets.

jbug617

Banned
Why is anime so expensive? I've seen series that are like 13 episodes for like $80.

You have to know where to buy. Right Stuf most of the time offer discounts for show preorders.

Sentai releases: $35.99 (Subs Only) $41.99 (Dub)
Funimation: Usually around $38-$42 depends on the show. They also have Anime Classics and SAVE releases and they are usually around $20-$35

Aniplex are expensive. Most of the time they release the same set they released in Japan. However there are instances when they do a quick DVD release and that goes for $60.

Amazon is doing better with sales on anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Aniplex is worried about reverse importing which is dead simple in the Blu-Ray era as we have the same region as Japan.

MikeMyers

I used to record the 4kids One Piece dub onto VHS types Saturday mornings in 2003

I've never seen that outside of the opening, which is Top Tier. First time I heard of One Piece was when I was at the dentist in 2003 and I remember seeing a magazine called Shonen Jump that had Yugi on the cover so I read it.

I've never seen that outside of the opening, which is Top Tier. First time I heard of One Piece was when I was at the dentist in 2003 and I remember seeing a magazine called Shonen Jump that had Yugi on the cover so I read it.

Haha, I used to subscribe to Shonen Jump in middle school/high school. It introduced me to Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc.

Regiruler

Funny we're on the topic of prices. I was just trying to find a place to buy the BE movie and apparently the DVD is $50 on amazon.

I like the series but holy fuck. Is there a cheaper way to get it? Preferably with Dual Audio.

MikeMyers

Was Bleach in US Jump? I don't recall that. I remember DBZ Cell Arc, YGO, YYH, Eyeshield 21, Hikaru No Go, Shaman King, Naruto, OP, Eyeshield 21, and Sandland.

Funny we're on the topic of prices. I was just trying to find a place to buy the BE movie and apparently the DVD is $50 on amazon.

I like the series but holy fuck. Is there a cheaper way to get it? Preferably with Dual Audio.

Did you try ebay? I see it for a lot less on there.

Was Bleach in US Jump? I don't recall that. I remember DBZ Cell Arc, YGO, YYH, Eyeshield 21, Hikaru No Go, Shaman King, Naruto, OP, Eyeshield 21, and Sandland.

Yup, bleach was one of their most popular titles

Only reason to subscribe to Viz shonen jump is to get the cards, it's clearly not for their localizations (which are sub par and inconsistent) or for the series they pick up

MikeMyers

Hmm, I can only find my June 2006 volume and I don't see no Bleach there. Jeez, Naruto is EVERYWHERE.

Looking at there trivia quiz of WHO BEAT WHO?

1.) Goku Vs Tien - Trick question
2.) Rock Lee Vs Garra - Garra
3.) Hikaru Vs Jusguniti - No idea.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Only reason to subscribe to Viz shonen jump is to get the cards, it's clearly not for their localizations (which are sub par and inconsistent) or for the series they pick up

Since I don't care for Yu-Gi-Oh cards at all, I let my subscription expire since they clearly don't know what they're doing. They seriously need to do other promotions, like One Piece or Toriko merch.

However, they did mention that they'll consider putting Soma & AssClass in the magazine. They should have done that in the first place....

Also, Stealth Symphony ranked in last in the ToC, it's dead. Seems World Trigger is the only simultaneous new series to survive, and it's mediocre as hell.

bigkrev

Since I don't care for Yu-Gi-Oh cards at all, I let my subscription expire since they clearly don't know what they're doing. They seriously need to do other promotions, like One Piece or Toriko merch.

However, they did mention that they'll consider putting Soma & AssClass in the magazine. They should have done that in the first place....

Also, Stealth Symphony ranked in last in the ToC, it's dead. Seems World Trigger is the only simultaneous new series to survive, and it's mediocre as hell.

I have a lot to say about fucking Stealth Symphony. None of it good

I spent so much time playing this the summer before 8th grade

Yu-Gi-Oh!_The_Duelists_of_the_Roses_Cover.png

Did YuGiOh ever get a pokemon TCG type game?

I always remember the games being pretty out there and all I wanted to do was go around dueling people and buying fake card packs.

bigkrev

I always remember the games being pretty out there and all I wanted to do was go around dueling people and buying fake card packs.

WC 2005 played like that

Sacred Cards was an RPG, but holy shit the gameplay is awful

I can't even go back and play old YGO games, everything pre synchro feels like such a drag now a days. Synchro's really were the best thing they did to the game, xyz's are also awesome and really helped to make so many decks fun to play in new ways. I still haven't wrapped my brain around pendulum summons but they seem interesting enough

Most of the DS games are like this, heck there is even one for the DS that is based in season 1 YGO and mostly has cards from the early days.

I recalled yugioh games of all kinds, ones similar to the show, ones that were more just strictly the card game, etc.

Bass I did not understand a single word of those things you mentioned, you damn kids and your motorcycles and synchros and new fangled mechanics.

Sacred Cards was awesome. I don't remember how the Pokemon TCG software worked but most of the portable YGO games I've played fuse the RPG mechanics of a series like Pokemon (town hubs, NPCs, shops, 'weapon' progression in the form of more powerful booster packs) with the gameplay you'd expect from YGO TCG.

RedBoot

Aw, I love World Trigger. So cool to see a sci-fi shonen series for once.

Anyway, I see Viz's Weekly Jump as a good way to support the US side of the manga industry, so I subscribe. Don't even use the Yugioh cards. I do hope they put Soma and AssClass in there though. I think I read they thought Soma was too risque, but the "foodgasms" have gotten less severe over time, and plenty of the series in there now can be just as questionable (like that hot springs Nisekoi chapter...)

So apparently Arc-V is pretty legit. Might watch it.

Every other seems to be the rule for YGO anime series based upon the card game

Original YGO: Fantastic from beginning to end

YGO GX: Slow and awkward start but slowly gets better and better

YGO 5DS: Fantastic from beginning to end

YGO ZeXal: Slow and awkward start but slowly gets better and better

YGO Arc-V: People seem to be excited will check it out later

Levyne

Banned
I remember thinking I wanted not-Yugi to lose more. Like he barely loses to someone who it supposed the best fucking thing and only because of a technicality or something.

Edit: But I only saw like 6 episodes.

MikeMyers

I remember thinking I wanted not-Yugi to lose more. Like he barely loses to someone who it supposed the best fucking thing and only because of a technicality or something.

Yeah dude is even more overpowered than Kid Goku.

I can't recall him losing clean except
to regular Yugi at the very end

YGO GX is vastly underrated, I'm tempted to say it's better than the original series

The first season of GX is pretty abysmal and I'm talking the sub version (lol @ the dub), even when season 1's plot shows up half way though it it's pretty minor at times until the final few episodes where the out of nowhere villain with his out of nowhere like god cards shows up and is defeated almost as instantly by Judai without any real effort.

Season 2 is when things start to get good though, the whole season is story focused from the beginning and the villain is interesting and prevalent though the arc. Each season just gets better and better until you get to that final duel which is equally as great as the final duel from the original series.

bigkrev

I recalled yugioh games of all kinds, ones similar to the show, ones that were more just strictly the card game, etc.

Bass I did not understand a single word of those things you mentioned, you damn kids and your motorcycles and synchros and new fangled mechanics.

The problem with YGO comes from the fact that the basic idea for the game came from a few chapters of Manga, and the game at that point was a glorified game of War- you played monsters, the bigger ones killed the smaller ones, ect. But as time went on, more and more mechanics and contrivances had to be added to the game to keep players engaged. Most mechanics feel bolted into the game instead of woven in- and all are pretty Parasitic (meaning that they don't interact well with cards outside of the mechanic- a Tuner monster does nothing with 99% of the card pool). And without any rotation, the card pool is bloated to the point that it's hard for newer cards to make impact unless they are doing something completely new. And due to the lack of a resource system for spells, you are always competing with the totally bonkers cards of the original core set- Pot of Greed, Raigeki, Monster Reborn, ect.

Over the last few years, they have done a great job fixing the biggest problem with the game (price and card availability- did you know when it was first printed, Cyber Stein was a 500 dollar card because the only way to get one was to win a large tournament? They don't really do that anymore, and they reprint stuff after a short period to allow players to get copies for their decks. The main problem comes from the history of the game- you need to leave in support for a dozen mechanics that don't see new cards anymore, and you need to keep adding stuff to it, which just makes the game less and less apporachable over time. I'd say that while the actual in-game decisions are far easier than Magic, getting into competitive YGO from a base of zero is a lot harder than getting into competitive Magic at a base of zero at this point.

So apparently Arc-V is pretty legit. Might watch it.

The first episode was fun. The protagonist seems super likable, and only cheated once so far!

Sacred Cards was awesome. I don't remember how the Pokemon TCG software worked but most of the portable YGO games I've played fuse the RPG mechanics of a series like Pokemon (town hubs, NPCs, shops, 'weapon' progression in the form of more powerful booster packs) with the gameplay you'd expect from YGO TCG.

The problem was it used the same ruleset from the GB and GB Colour games, which I think were made before the card game ever existed. You couldn't draw a card if you already had 5 cards, and there was an elemental wheel that ignored power in combat. A 200 ATK Dark monster would instantly kill a 3000 ATK Blue Eyes White Dragon in combat, for example.

Seda

The only Yugioh episode I remember seeing is the one where Yugi was going to beat the trenchcoat guy but trenchcoat guy put himself on a ledge and he would have died if Yugi won so Yugi forfeited.

I know I saw more than that, but that's the only part I remember.

Yeah dude is even more overpowered than Kid Goku.

I can't recall him losing clean except
to regular Yugi at the very end

Dark Yugi loses

1. He loses to Pegasus in their first shadow game due to running out of time

2. Against Kaiba on top of Pegasus castle because he throws the match (Kaiba was about to kill himself if he didn't)

3. He loses/draws against possessed Joey in battle city due to sacrificing himself for his friend

4. He loses to Rafael in the waking the dragons filler arc when he gives into the oricalcos' power

5. To Yugi in the series finale

Yugi himself takes a few extra L's in the series

1. He loses in the early arc/season 0 to the kid who plays dragon cards with him

2. He throws the match to Rebecca for reasons

MikeMyers

The only Yugioh episode I remember seeing is the one where Yugi was going to beat the trenchcoat guy but trenchcoat guy put himself on a ledge and he would have died if Yugi won so Yugi forfeited.

I know I saw more than that, but that's the only part I remember.

Honestly I think Kaiba should have won that match clean.

Just let him attack when he brought back the original Blue Eyes White Dragon.

S1 of GX was awesome because there was no overarching plotline until the second half, and even then it was sprinkled in rather than shoved in the viewers face until the very end. It kind of reminds me of Space Dandy is regards of series structure; the show starts off being one-off, or the occasional 2 parter, following the exploits of Jaiden and co where a problem is ultimately handled via duel.

The battles were very refreshing, I loved how they pushed the fusion aspect of the game even though the strategy Jaiden used was impractical in real life situations.

Also, I loved the dub. It was goofy but the VA was good.

Dark Yugi loses

2. Against Kaiba on top of Pegasus castle because he throws the match (Kaiba was about to kill himself if he didn't)

This is so Kaiba, what a sore loser

The problem with YGO comes from the fact that the basic idea for the game came from a few chapters of Manga, and the game at that point was a glorified game of War- you played monsters, the bigger ones killed the smaller ones, ect. But as time went on, more and more mechanics and contrivances had to be added to the game to keep players engaged. Most mechanics feel bolted into the game instead of woven in- and all are pretty Parasitic (meaning that they don't interact well with cards outside of the mechanic- a Tuner monster does nothing with 99% of the card pool). And without any rotation, the card pool is bloated to the point that it's hard for newer cards to make impact unless they are doing something completely new. And due to the lack of a resource system for spells, you are always competing with the totally bonkers cards of the original core set- Pot of Greed, Raigeki, Monster Reborn, ect.

Over the last few years, they have done a great job fixing the biggest problem with the game (price and card availability- did you know when it was first printed, Cyber Stein was a 500 dollar card because the only way to get one was to win a large tournament? They don't really do that anymore, and they reprint stuff after a short period to allow players to get copies for their decks. The main problem comes from the history of the game- you need to leave in support for a dozen mechanics that don't see new cards anymore, and you need to keep adding stuff to it, which just makes the game less and less apporachable over time. I'd say that while the actual in-game decisions are far easier than Magic, getting into competitive YGO from a base of zero is a lot harder than getting into competitive Magic at a base of zero at this point.

The first episode was fun. The protagonist seems super likable, and only cheated once so far!

The problem was it used the same ruleset from the GB and GB Colour games, which I think were made before the card game ever existed. You couldn't draw a card if you already had 5 cards, and there was an elemental wheel that ignored power in combat. A 200 ATK Dark monster would instantly kill a 3000 ATK Blue Eyes White Dragon in combat, for example.

Most of the stupid uber cards are banned now, and honestly the support for both synchros and xyz's make them work in pretty much any deck or any style. I understand why magic does it's rotating pool thing, but it just makes it so you have to buy new cards in order to even play in the meta scene which bothers me. It mostly comes down to a different strokes kind of approach.

S1 of GX was awesome because there was no overarching plotline until the second half, and even then it was sprinkled in rather than shoved in the viewers face until the very end. It kind of reminds me of Space Dandy is regards of series structure; the show starts off being one-off, or the occasional 2 parter, following the exploits of Jaiden and co where a problem is ultimately handled via duel.

The battles were very refreshing, I loved how they pushed the fusion aspect of the game even though the strategy Jaiden used was impractical in real life situations.

Also, I loved the dub. It was goofy but the VA was good.

This is so Kaiba, what a sore loser

Lol we have the exact opposite reaction to season 1, I imagine though with the goofy English Dub the opening episodes which were more goofy in nature probably worked a lot better.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"Kurenai's Decision, Squad 8 Left Behind"

Another bright morning dawns with Naruto leaping through the trees like an idiot. He sighs, clearly bored, he just can't get into this solo training. He lies down on the grass and stares at the clouds, clearly a gimmick infringement. He sees a cloud that looks kinda like Jiraiya, where the heck is pervy sage and wasn't he supposed to help him train. He hears a noise coming from not too far off.

3yzWRKZl.jpg

It's a girl painting a landscape. Naruto walks over to investigate. Wow, it's really good! Only thing is it depicts a massive storm over Konoha when there's not a cloud in the sky. As she moves her brush over to highlight a cloud real thunderclouds appear over the village. Now it matches. She draws a line straight down with her brush and Naruto is shook as a lightning bolt crashes into the Hokage's house, setting it on fire. Alarms go off and Tsunade rushes out to a waiting pool of water, ordering the ninjas to move their butts. They confirm her orders and start Water Style: Marine Battle Formation jutsu.

37NylA2.gif

Damn scab firefighters. They aim properly the second time. Some ninjas are standing around watching the place burn when Kurenai the Everliving shows up. It's as she thought, her worst fears have come to pass. Artist girl has packed up her things and is walking up a path. Naruto is following her as she gets jumped by medical ninjas. Doctor Orochimaru grabs her and gives her a syringe knocking her out while the other medical ninja chides her for going out and causing trouble. Dr. Orochimaru wants her back ASAP but Naruto tells them to hold on, rushing to the rescue. Not for long though as an ANBU descends right in front of him. It's also Steve Blum in a deeper register. He says that Naruto Uzumaki must leave this area immediately. Plots within plots from the laughing man. He wants to know what they are doing with the girl but the ANBU tells him its none of his business, hit the bricks and don't tell anyone what you saw. He demands to know what they are doing but Cunningham tells him not to interfere as they vanish in a puff of smoke.

GBKX1yul.jpg

Sakura is helping out at the Hokage's office. A lot of vital paperwork has gotten wet and it'll need to be dried ASAP. Sakura volunteers to get this process started and runs into Kurenai-Sensei at the door. She asks Sakura if the Hokage is in. Sakura is about to move on when she hears the 5th speaking, so you really want to resign as leader of squad eight? Yes ma'am. Sakura is curious and leans in closer. The Hokage tells her to think carefully on this, you recommended Kiba, Shino, Hinata for the Chunin exams despite their lack of experience. Don't you care for them? It's not about that, she feels responsible for the fire. Tsunade tells her that it wasn't her fault and Sakura slinks away. Naruto is sitting under a tree thinking about this whole mess. That girl is trouble. He hears Akamaru barking and Kiba squaking and goes to investigate. Hinata tells Kiba to calm down and Naruto hops onto the fence.

ZSVu4zpl.jpg

It's Team Eight! Kiba asks Shino to repeat what he said. Shino does, it's pointless. Good Guy Naruto rushes over to mediate this situation, he tells them to take it easy. Kiba tells Naruto the shocking news, Mumrah-Sensei has up and abandoned them. Naruto doesn't believe it. Hinata says she called them together and told them herself and we get a mini FLASHBACK. She did seemingly resign right in front of them, though with a sun set backdrop when it's clearly still light out. Kiba and Hinata are shook. Kurenai gives them the cold shoulder, they are commander and subordinate and someone else will fill her role, it's as simple as that. No reason, she just walked away. Naruto goads them and Kiba says he's not going to take it lying down, he wants answers and is going straight to the top. Shino says once again that is pointless, she said the Hokage didn't remove her. Kiba also doesn't believe it, not for a second brother. Hinata thinks that while she wants Kurenai-Sensei to remain maybe she had a good reason for this. Kiba then accuses her of siding with Shino and she protests that she's not taken a side. Naruto, sick of bickering tells them to hug it out shut up and stop fighting. Naruto will handle it. Kiba says he's not even part of the team and Shino asks if he has a plan. Of course he has a plan, just leave it to him!

sQIqOmfl.jpg

Naruto walks away and has no plan at all until he spots Kurenai Sensei on top of a nearby building. What is she thinking, well, he'll ask her face to face, which he does. Naruto wants her not to leave them. "You ran up here to tell me that?" Well, yeah. She doesn't know what Team Eight told him but she can no longer be their Sensei, she doesn't deserve that title anymore. She gives him a message, she's never coming back. Naruto thinks she didn't hear a word he said and is going to kick it up the foodchain to Granny Tsunade. Sakura is outside laying papers to dry on a table, the last of many such tables. Naruto comes running up with the gossip. Sakura doesn't think he'll have any luck but you can try. Naruto is going to BLACKMAIL her, he knows where she keeps the booze and will threaten to reveal that knowledge to Shizune. Sakura brings up Hinata's point that she might have a good reason for quitting. Naruto clues in and demands Sakura spill the beans on what she knows. Sakura is shook by this. She's got deceit in her eyes, she knows! She asks if he thinks she's an eavesdropper with her head against the door all day. That's exactly what you did. She claps her hand over his mouth.

yRqiscbl.jpg

The two have moved the conversation over to the the trees. Yakumo? That's the name Sakura thought she overheard in a FLASHBACK. Kurenai was the one who allowed Yakumo to become the way she is. Tsunade disagrees saying that the only reason she did so well to begin with was your positive influence and asks where the girl is now. Shizune reports that a three man squad grabbed her and is keeping watch in a mountain villa just over in Satomi hill. Tsunade believes that the situation is handled but Kurenai doesn't think it's enough, she must be held accountable. Naruto thinking about his earlier meeting puts two and two together. Thanks Sakura. You didn't hear any of this from me as he goes to investigate Yakumo's involvement with Kurenai.

RK0sShUl.jpg

Might Guy is sparring with someone. It's Rock Lee! Lee is floored after getting kicked in the face. Kurenai is watching this when she remembers a conversation she had with the third Hokage. He wants her for a mission because she is the best with Genjutsu and she looks at the picture. It's Yakumo Kurama. He wants her to take the girl under her wing. I'm sure you've heard of the Kurama clan, at one time their mastery of Genjutsu was such that they were on the level of the Uchiha clan in terms of influence. Recently they've been on the decline due to a lack of talent with no Jonin class ninja in many years. She's the only daughter of the head of the clan but she has health issues preventing her from attending the academy. She asks if he wants her to instruct her in Genjutsu but no, that's not the reason. She's already very advanced in that field and her family has placed all of their burden of success on her. He doesn't want this known outside of this room but Murakumo and Uroko her parents recently passed away. Then the FLASHBACK goes to Kurenai and her young pupil training. She's out of gas already and Kurenai tells her she doesn't need to become a ninja. Yakumo won't hear of this, she wants to become one. She heard about Rock Lee who's dream is to become a ninja without two of the three necessary skills and she wants to become the Genjutsu equivalent of Rock Lee. Kurenai looks away and says she wishes she could help but she's just not Might Guy type teacher and training her is out of the question. Lee finishes his training and leaves after a pep talk from Guy and Kurenai comes to speak with him. Lee keeps getting better and better. He asks if this gossip is true. She says it is and then says it is because her squad isn't reaching their full potential. Damn Kiba, holding them all back. Guy knows that isn't true and that even though they can't beat Team Guy their growth is still impressive. She says that's all on them, she's a shitty teacher. Guy cuts a promo on her asking for Kurenai to listen to herself, what else can any of us do for them. You commented on Lee progressing, well, that's all on him. The only thing he's done is believe in him and tell him it's possible. We believe in our students no matter what the cost. He trusts him with his life and that gives him the strength to make all the right decisions. It's a piece of cake. She quietly laughs and says that you make it all sound so simple and once again wishes she was Might Guy. As she walks away he thinks to himself that all she needs is to believe in herself.

XKjjtsZl.jpg

Naruto is once again hopping through the forest this night. He wonders how the girl and Kurenai are connected. It's worth investigating as he flips and spins to the mountain villa. He sets off the bell alarm and the three from this morning note that the eastern trap has been set off. Kurenai steps out of the shadows saying their security is great and that she needs to see Yakumo. This late? Can't wait. They let her through but ANBU Orochimaru warns her not to be too long and she promises it'll only take ten minutes. She opens the door to a dark room filled with paintings. All of them are morbid. Including one of Kurenai with a sword through her chest. Yakumo calls out for help as she appears in Kurenai's eye. She's tripping balls here and screams as she jumps through the window.

3Hz9FMZl.jpg

Oh my piss it was Naruto! He's clutching my chest and talking about his heart. He's fine. ANBU Orochimaru caught him. Naruto asks what was going on in there but ANBU wants him to forget what he saw in there for his own good. He turns around and sees Yakumo on the balcony.

iVOwcz0l.jpg

He wants to ask some questions about Kurenai-Sensei as he gets a syringe right in the neck as the episode ends!

NEXT EPISODE: "Yakumo's Sealed Ability"

BONUS:

5G6TqoT.gif

ZTnPWI0.gif

uCpo0bP.gif

taTRCA6l.jpg

"loses due to running out of time" , come on son.

Heck none of those loses are anything but arbitrary until the final duel against yugi. heck he was gonna kill that little baby kaiba until loser Yugi stepped in.

Kaiba is like a card game version of Vegeta.

Salty as fuck.

I don't remember the episode but I can guess how the conversation went

Yugi: Fufufufu. You mocked the heart of the cards, Seto Kaiba, and that mistake shall be your downfall. I share a bond with my deck that someone like you, who only cares about power, will never know.

camera pans to Joey, Tea, and Tristan

MY FRIENDS ARE THE SOURCE OF MY POWER! NOW GO, DARK MAGICIAN, ATTACK KAIBA'S LIFE POINTS DIRECTLY!

Kaiba: Yugi pls. If you attack I'm going to jump off this castle, I've got nothing else to live for. My mountains of money and little brother who depends on me both financially and emotionally aren't as important as my angst.

Yugi: A-alright Kaiba..I guess I can throw this match? It's just a game, man.

Kaiba: Thanks Yugi, you're a good pal

scheming silhouette of Kaiba appears suddenly on the left and starts a dialogue

Kaiba: Yugi you fool, you've fallen right into my trap...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Season one of YGO is dope as fuck.

It's probably the second best thing 4kids has ever been apart of. Not enough to repair all the damage it did to other anime localizations in that time period but still one cannot deny they did good work on YGO and Pokémon.

MikeMyers

I actually like the 4kids voices more, but the music and dialogue are corny as hell sometimes.

4. He loses to Rafael in the waking the dragons filler arc when he gives into the oricalcos' power

5. To Yugi in the series finale

Yugi himself takes a few extra L's in the series

1. He loses in the early arc/season 0 to the kid who plays dragon cards with him

So the bold ones are his only legit losses right? I mean in the sense that it made him look inferior, as opposed to other ones. Although one being filler is distracting, as is one being in regular Yugi form.

Kid Goku Legit Losses:
1.) Master Roshi/Jackie Chun at the 21st Budokai
2.) Mercenary Tao in the RRA Arc
3.) Piccolo Daimao in the Daimao Arc.
4.) Mr. Popo in the end of Daimao Arc.
5.) Kami in the end of the Daimao Arc.

Adult version loses a lot too - Raditz, Raditz again, Vegeta, Captain Ginyu, Android 19, Cell, Cell Jr, Majin Vegeta, Kid Buu.

#19 is debateable since he had the heart virus, but he knew he had the heart disease and only started to lose the fight when he shot a Kamehameha and #19 absorbed it. Cell Jr is debatable since he didnt have his full power, but it was his own decision not to eat a Senzu. I like to count those as legit losses for being a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom