• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get so few VC games now to care about the price, in a world where Nintendo was more competent about their online infrastructure , accounts, and other things maybe I would care, otherwise I'll just end up getting advance wars and superstar saga at some point and not thinking about vc stuff again for another few months to a year. With the TLOU stuff its both unsurprising that it got a remaster and I dont particularly care about TLOU anyways, I also fully expect GTAV to be coming soonish and some other stuff, thats just how it is in the first year of new consoles, especially more so now thats its so costly to make games.

MikeMyers

I don't have much backlog. Then again, I rarely buy games.

In other news, checked tumblr and the first thing I see is:
tumblr_n3rzw2gwLK1sl1e92o1_400.gif

Raxus

The Last of Us more like yeah okay that was cool

I dunno, I wasn't blown away or anything but it wasn't bad or nothing

I love the game to pieces but I can understand why people weren't so hot on it. Especially with other great games this generation that put their hat on great gameplay. Like Super Mario Galaxy (
I WILL PLAY YOU SOME DAY SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! STOP TAUNTING ME! SAME GOES FOR YOU SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD.
)

MikeMyers

Looking at my PS3 games now. Most of my backlog (Batman Arkham City, Infamous, Naruto Generations, etc.) are mostly just stuff I got for free as gifts.

I love the game to pieces but I can understand why people weren't so hot on it. Especially with other great games this generation that put their hat on great gameplay. Like Super Mario Galaxy (
I WILL PLAY YOU SOME DAY SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! STOP TAUNTING ME! SAME GOES FOR YOU SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD.
)

You haven't played SMG yet!? D:

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
SMG1 was better then SMG2

Both are fantastic and everyone should play them

I would adore HD versions for Wii U. i have played them, but they're worth replaying.
Along with HD Metroid Prime Trilogy (but not Other M, fuck that noise).

Seda

I wholeheartedly recommend it! Perhaps my favorite game of all time. Super Mario Galaxy is also in my top five for sure

alternative response:
The_streak_is_over_2.gif

I love the Prime games and I know I'd probably love Super Metroid, I just never got around to it.

I loved Super Metroid but I leaned heavily on the maps in Nintendo Power back in the day to finish it. For that reason, I'm now a little hesitant to go back to it.

Tenumi

Banned
Funny thing is, it's from Episode 69.

Wow... lol.

As soon as I get off my lazy butt and get things around I'm planning on continuing my Dragonball series run-through. I believe I stopped at episode 19 of Dragonball... I might as well start over since its been so long.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
MikeMyers Sakura Fact of the Day:

Sakura does more physically in the first opening "R★O★C★K★S" than she does the rest of the run of original Naruto.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It also fills a gap in an otherwise lackluster PS4 lineup so far. They probably should give it a slight discount to 50 though.

MikeMyers

Wow... lol.

As soon as I get off my lazy butt and get things around I'm planning on continuing my Dragonball series run-through. I believe I stopped at episode 19 of Dragonball... I might as well start over since its been so long.

Heh I went on tumblr on my college campus library and that was the first thing that came out.

Websites not to browse on while in public: ToonamiGAF Tumblr.

As for the show, I like it a lot until Piccolo shows up. The Daimao stuff felt too similar to Mercenary Tao and its not my favorite mostly due to the lack of humor. 23rd Budokai felt too predictable, but the fights were fun. Those two arcs seem to be popular with other people though.

RRA arc you might need to switch to manga if it drags for you. Daimao arc I thought was more enjoyable in the 'toon as it gave Yajirobe, Yamcha, and Tien more to do.

MikeMyers Sakura Fact of the Day:

Sakura does more physically in the first opening "R★O★C★K★S" than she does the rest of the run of original Naruto.

Heh, I was actually going to do Top 5 Ino fight but upon reading Sakura VS Ino in the comic again, I was curious to see how matches Sakura had after that. So I went and researched it and came up with that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While I love Mercenary Tao as a character I'm not actually that big of a fan of those episodes. Also not the biggest fan of Demon King Piccolo arc.

MikeMyers

Tao:
1.) Beats Goku up
2.) Goku's barely survives
3.) Goku goes up Korin Tower
4.) Goku gets stronger
5.) Goku comes down and beats villain.

Daimao:
1.) Beats Goku up
2.) Goku's barely survives
3.) Goku goes up Korin Tower
4.) Goku gets stronger
5.) Goku comes down and beats villain.

Granted, the series in general is pretty repetitive and I don't really mind that anime that seem to do that, but this was WAY too close to paint-by-the-numbers for me.

Tenumi

Banned
That series is so "Edgy Teen" I'm surprised that the home release didn't come with a studded belt and a chain for your wallet.

Nah, just have it come with some blood. "Here kids, throw it around and pretend you're Ganta".

Also, how do disks fit in a case that width? :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
First thing I do when I finish watching Naruto is finishing Casshern in one long ass marathon.

Second thing I do is watch Deadman Wonderland. Third thing I do is recap every single episode of bleach filler...wait no, not that.

Then all that would be left is Samurai Seven and GXP.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When I was a young lad, MM, your typical VHS release was 2-4 episodes at 40 bucks a pop. Movies were sometimes closer to 60.

I know someone who had all of DBZ Uncut on VHS up until the cell games. The only cool part about it was that some of the Trunks era VHS's came out two months before it aired on TOONAMI and some came with exclusive cards for the CCG.

MikeMyers

Yeah, I remember the VHS days of buying the entire Ocean Dub Saiyan Arc for $99. Well, begging parents for it constantly.

Then again, I saw the ROCK THE DRAGON set at Best Buy for $100. So I guess things haven't changed.

Fun Fact: I have a shit-ton episode of Inuyasha/Case Closed episodes recorded off Adult Swim somewhere.

bigkrev

The show will probably loose something without the bleeps though. Man, remember in the second episode when that prisoner went up to G and told her "One day, I'm gonna (3 SECOND LONG BLEEP)"? That was the hardest i've ever laughed

Why is anime so expensive? I've seen series that are like 13 episodes for like $80.

When I was a young lad, MM, your typical VHS release was 2-4 episodes at 40 bucks a pop. Movies were sometimes closer to 60.

I know someone who had all of DBZ Uncut on VHS up until the cell games. The only cool part about it was that some of the Trunks era VHS's came out two months before it aired on TOONAMI and some came with exclusive cards for the CCG.

My experience was in the days of spending ~$30 for each disc of Bebop, Champloo and FLCL in their original runs - from Babbage's (of all places) if I'm not mistaken.

I understand why they are doing this though - there's people who will buy it, and they'll make their money off 'em.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The show will probably loose something without the bleeps though. Man, remember in the second episode when that prisoner went up to G and told her "One day, I'm gonna (3 SECOND LONG BLEEP)"? That was the hardest i've ever laughed

This is part of the reason I'm so excited for Black Lagoon on Toonami. Some of the episodes are going to be bleeping spectacles.

MikeMyers

Also I remember seeing Digimon Season 1 on DVD (No Bluray) at a store for like $70. Although I was more amused that my local 7-11 has that.

Yeah, I remember the VHS days of buying the entire Ocean Dub Saiyan Arc for $99. Well, begging parents for it constantly.

Then again, I saw the ROCK THE DRAGON set at Best Buy for $100. So I guess things haven't changed.

Fun Fact: I have a shit-ton episode of Inuyasha/Case Closed episodes recorded off Adult Swim somewhere.

I used to record the 4kids One Piece dub onto VHS types Saturday mornings in 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom