• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's also a dumb as hell time to fuck with the boss when her house/office is burning down. This episode is all about the hokage taking L after L.

Pegasus had made a deal with Kaiba that if he could beat Yugi then he'd let Kaiba duel him in a special match for a chance to rescue his younger brother Mokuba who had been kidnapped. Kaiba afraid of losing the only member left of his family threatens to throw himself off the cliff if Yugi finishes his final attack which would cause Kaiba to lose not only the match but the only chance to save his brother. Dark Yugi says "fuck you" and attacks until regular Yugi takes over and stops the attack which is the first time in the story manga or anime that Yugi and Dark Yugi end up coming into conflict.

Edit: @Mike it's debatable if he would have lost the duel to Raphael, yes his Guardian Eitos got power from all the monsters Dark Yugi sacrificed to try and beat Raph, but I believe he could had shot one more and won the duel but Raph gets into his head and is all "look at you you've become the monster I told you you were" or some shit. I'd honestly have to rewatch it again cause it's been awhile.

MikeMyers

Did Mai ever win a duel in Duelist Kingdom? I think she beat Rex Raptor on the boat, and I do remember her beating Jean Claude Van Damme in Battle City.

She even loses to Filler Tea.

Pegasus had made a deal with Kaiba that if he could beat Yugi then he'd let Kaiba duel him in a special match for a chance to rescue his younger brother Mokuba who had been kidnapped. Kaiba afraid of losing the only member left of his family threatens to throw himself off the cliff if Yugi finishes his final attack which would cause Kaiba to lose not only the match but the only chance to save his brother. Dark Yugi says "fuck you" and attacks until regular Yugi takes over and stops the attack which is the first time in the story manga or anime that Yugi and Dark Yugi end up coming into conflict.

this is hilarious in the manga when you think about the shit Yami pulled before that.

Did Mai ever win a duel in Duelist Kingdom? I think she beat Rex Raptor on the boat, and I do remember her beating Jean Claude Van Damme in Battle City.

She even loses to Filler Tea.

She beats a whole bunch of characters off screen, in canon I think her only real W is against Rex Raptor and we don't even see the duel we just see the after math. She's basically the Renji of YGO established as this awesome duelist but only loses and loses. Heck even in the filler arc where they make her a villain she mostly loses.

Didn't Yami murder people? I remember the manga being much darker than the anime, I miss the whole 'king of games' aspect but understand they were trying to sell merch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Those kids had it coming. Knife fight. Sending people to hell over little things, whatever.

Season Zero is hilarious.

MikeMyers

She beats a whole bunch of characters off screen, in canon I think her only real W is against Rex Raptor and we don't even see the duel we just see the after math. She's basically the Renji of YGO established as this awesome duelist but only loses and loses. Heck even in the filler arc where they make her a villain she mostly loses.

Well, she does win against the Jean Claude Van Damme wannabe in Battle City. Not sure if that was filler or not though.

Didn't Yami murder people? I remember the manga being much darker than the anime, I miss the whole 'king of games' aspect but understand they were trying to sell merch.

The only person I think he may outright "kill" is the guy he places the bomb ice hockey match with on the oven though it may just be a penalty game illusion of him blowing up. Most of the penalty games he makes people suffer are more psychologically scarring and physically scarring. Also most of this happens while Yugi is not consciously aware of Dark Yugi inside of him, during Death T when Yugi embraces his other half Dark Yugi tones down the penalty games probably due to the influence of Yugi's good heart. The only people who get penalty game'd from that point on are Pegasus' player killers and Kaiba who gets mind crushed which is causes him to piece together his mind and remember what's most important (Mokuba) which is why he is so determined to beat Yugi in their rematch.

Well, she does win against the Jean Claude Van Damme wannabe in Battle City. Not sure if that was filler or not though.

That's filler, same with Bakura's duel against Bones (Bakura does beat Bones, but it's off screen in the manga).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mai always loses badly too. It's never close. Joey is also a champion level jobber but it always looks like he's going to win at some point.

V63Kb4w.jpg

Mai always loses badly too. It's never close. Joey is also a champion level jobber but it always looks like he's going to win at some point.

Joey has far more W's then he has L's in the series, heck he WOULD have beaten Marik if it weren't for shenanigans IE he was about to declare the attack that would have won him the match, but then his body gave out unable to deal with the stress of a magician's duel/shadow realm/god card due to being a normal human.

Heck his biggest L in duelist kingdom is to Yugi in the finals, and that duel is filler. In the manga the cast (Yugi, Joey, Pegasus, and the rest) all basically go "yeah Yugi v Joey is a waste of time cause they're on the same side so lets skip to Yugi v Pegasus" I don't think he loses at all in the Waking the Dragons filler arc and I don't recall if he had any duels in the Kaiba GP filler arc. I honestly can't think of any canon duels he loses outside of one shenanigans case

Did they ever explain how Yugi can grow like a foot and a half and have his voice drop several octaves and no one seems to notice?

A better question (at least in the manga) is how does Kaiba go from being about Yugi's height and age to being a solid 12-18 inches taller and older then Yugi after he was in a coma for a few weeks?

daveo42

Banned
Never got into Yu-Gi-Oh outside of seeing a few of the episodes when it first aired. Had some friends that played the CCG and a former co-worker that ran a booth for the game way back in the day, but it never really hooked me.

I still think Kaiba should have just won clean against Yugi, so his Worf Effect with Pegasus looks better.

It showed a nice bit of character development for Kaiba (in the manga) as Kaiba during the Death T arc is a cold heartless bastard who makes his brother suffer a penalty game for failing and basically tells him "I expected you to fail and had no confidence in you". The same guy who once didn't give a shit about anyone but himself and his petty revenge is now willing to do anything to save that same brother, even die to get him back.

Raxus

So far I am 4 episodes into OHSHC and I am enjoying it. My only fear is it will turn into just another reverse Harem show but I like the lead and the cast bounces well off each other.

MikeMyers

It showed a nice bit of character development for Kaiba (in the manga) as Kaiba during the Death T arc is a cold heartless bastard who makes his brother suffer a penalty game for failing and basically tells him "I expected you to fail and had no confidence in you". The same guy who once didn't give a shit about anyone but himself and his petty revenge is now willing to do anything to save that same brother, even die to get him back.

You raise a really good point there. The anime that I saw started off with the card games stuff, so we didn't really get to see Kaiba's colder side unless you read the manga or watched Season 0.

Joey had a pretty good character arc of going from incompetent to being competent. Think he even lost to Tea early on.

Might as well just count Mai beating Guile filler as head-canon, I mean I don't think anything contradicts it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah dude is even more overpowered than Kid Goku.

I can't recall him losing clean except
to regular Yugi at the very end

He lost to Rafael, and thus lost Yugi's soul to the Orichalcos, but that was season 4 which otherwise kinda sucked.

Then Joey slugged him when not-Yugi told him.

punching-yami-o.gif

So far I am 4 episodes into OHSHC and I am enjoying it. My only fear is it will turn into just another reverse Harem show but I like the lead and the cast bounces well off each other.

won't be long before you tell us who your favorite club member is

both of the twins of course

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Struggling so hard not to unleash the floodgates and spoil you. So instead I'll post an Arc-V GIF.

tumblr_n3okja1SsJ1s024xzo1_500.gif

Tumblr should really add WebM support.

MikeMyers

Honestly I think Chad is probably more of a jobber than Renji.

And probably Bulbasaur, it's going to be even more downhill when Ash gets a Heracross to suck Bulbasaur's bulb.

EDIT

Did some research on Chad and Renji.

Chad has 4 Victories: Bulbous G, Tatsufusa Enjoji, Demoura Zodd, Gantenbaine Mosqueda
Renji has 4 Victories: Uryu, Yylfordt Granz,
Jackie Tristan, Mask de Masculine

Oh snap, it's a tie!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahahahahaha, omg, there's going to be an anime based on Sega console-tans...& of course Genesis looks like Gemini from Sakura Wars cuz she's American.

Even better is all the self-references, like Game Gear stating she's tired being a nod to the fact the handheld took so many batteries & went through them rather quickly. Or how Sega CD has bulky armor due to how damn big the system was, while Sega CD 2 is much slimmer i.e how the 2nd model was much smaller.

...now I'm reminded of that one Nintendo Vs. Sega console wars anime that took about 4 damn months to release a new episode, despite being only 3 episodes long.

Honestly I think Chad is probably more of a jobber than Renji.

And probably Bulbasaur, it's going to be even more downhill when Ash gets a Heracross to suck Bulbasaur's bulb.

EDIT

Did some research on Chad and Renji.

Chad has 4 Victories: Bulbous G, Tatsufusa Enjoji, Demoura Zodd, Gantenbaine Mosqueda
Renji has 4 Victories: Uryu, Yylfordt Granz,
Jackie Tristan, Mask de Masculine

Oh snap, it's a tie!

You should check how many times they lose thats the bigger indicator of a jobber

Chad's , funny enough, used to show how much stronger the antagonists are a heck of a lot for seemingly no reason at all because i can't comprehend who went "Damn, they one shotted Chad!"

Raxus

Chad's , funny enough, used to show how much stronger the antagonists are a heck of a lot for seemingly no reason at all because i can't comprehend who went "Damn, they one shotted Chad!"

You think they would stop thinking of Chad as a fighter and more of the Krillin of the group.

Remember his useless backstory? Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom