• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami [Apr14] Pray while you shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

I was in the city this afternoon, and while thinking of Taco Bell, instead went to The Reading Terminal Market, which is possibly my favorite place on the planet as a fat person. Got these babys

Bk9cTngIgAEjhaJ.jpg

bigkrev

Speaking of childrens card games, was in the city to register for Magic GP Philly. They were giving the first 1000 players playmats, and you can normally sell them and make back the entry fee (40 dollars). I was planning to do that, but man, it's a sweet one

It might replace the mat i've been using for a while, my Gatecrash gameday championship one

Tomorrow I will be battling 2000 other fuckers trying to take my trophy

MikeMyers

Finally saw YGO subbed.

To be honest I think I prefer Yugi's dub voice. I like how Yami Yugi is always pissed off.

"For fucks sake loser Yugi, you need me to win you another duel? Don't you have a life outside of nerd games?"

Music and Dialogue are a lot less corny in the sub though.

Speaking of childrens card games, was in the city to register for Magic GP Philly. They were giving the first 1000 players playmats, and you can normally sell them and make back the entry fee (40 dollars). I was planning to do that, but man, it's a sweet one

It might replace the mat i've been using for a while, my Gatecrash gameday championship one

Tomorrow I will be battling 2000 other fuckers trying to take my trophy

Good luck and make sure to take copious pictures of ass cracks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
YGO's dub is so good. Especially when it's bad.

Also I finally pulled the trigger on the Madcatz Wii U TTT2 stick. 50 bucks? Are you kidding me? Worth it for the BC with all those Wii games alone. 61 bucks shipped.

bigkrev

Also I finally pulled the trigger on the Madcatz Wii U TTT2 stick. 50 bucks? Are you kidding me? Worth it for the BC with all those Wii games alone. 61 bucks shipped.

Are those TEs? The cheaper ones suck IMO

MikeMyers

For TTT2 I just use the PS3 controller. It's so awkward when I have to use the arcade sticks at arcades.

Watched Yugi Vs Kaiba: Majin Vegeta Kaiba win through heel talk no jutsu.

bigkrev

Your in luck, it's getting an english language release in Taiwan http://www.namcobandaipartners.com.tw/news_detail.php?the_no=czoyOiI4MCI7

Google Translate said:
The game will adopt Traditional Chinese / English subtitles and menus, Japanese voice, and can also share "sword domain of God April 24, 2014 sale - Void Fragment - "Japanese version of the game record.

I own several PSP games from back in the day like this- it's fully playable in english

MikeMyers

Oh man, I still own the Toon World cards that Pegasus uses.

There's one card I remember Pegasus uses against Kaiba that prevents you from using cards with more than 1500 Atk or something, that is way too overpowered of a card.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Namco 3D fighters are good for regular controllers. Both Tekken and Soul Calibur are good on regular pads.

So is DOA. So I guess 3D fighters in general.

There are good players that use pads, even in games like Mahvel. Fanatiq, for example

Yeah but he's really the exception to the rule. Even pad players admit that playing on a pad is a handicap, as the wrist is able to do much more in terms of movement than the thumb. It's kind of funny how after he blew up you have so many more people playing on pad as if it has some kind of secret advantage because he won a $50,000 match with his pad.

I will say this though, if you play on pad because that's what you are accustomed or that's your preference then I have no problem. The fighters I'm good at (ArcSys fighters) are kinda tailor made for pads, even though I run with stick.

MikeMyers

The original SF animated film is a fun popcorn film that is mostly just battle after battle like DBZ/Bleach.

SF Alpha film was fun until the final fight which dragged. Same problem I have with DBZ Movie 8 which has the same director.

I still don't know what I saw when I saw SF Alpha Generations.

The only problem I ever had with the dub/localization by 4 kids was "THAT TANK TOOK MY BROTHER AWAY" during the waking the dragons filler arc, besides that I feel their dub worked perfectly for the series

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's the success they had with YGO and Pokémon before it that gave 4kids the resources they needed to ruin other anime so it's a double edged sword.

One Piece could have been nearly current with Japan if we lived in a world where they didn't completely cock it up.

Raxus

I really want watch the Blue Exorcist movie. It requires little context to watch and is very entertaining.

I am still holding out for Redline on Toonami as well.

It has to come out on Blu-ray first, and I am beginning to have my doubts about that happening. How do we still not have a date for that?

My guess is they have a deal to have the "Premiere" on Toonami and then during it's showing they will reveal the date for the Blu Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom