• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy 420, everybody. Remember to get high responsibly.

1388954599306.jpg

Man God, provide us with some pot-related anime gifs.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Speaking of Gifs, I was wondering what exactly the following two mean:

When I see you guys post those I can't discern what you're conveying.

Woah. That's pretty high praise. I'm hyped now.
The first is shrug.gif

The second is welp_lulz.gif

They are both basically saying "welllllp, alrighty then lol".

Line_HTX

I don't know what qualifies as a censor anymore and what doesn't. It is just so random considering what is shown and what gets censored.

Also I lost to a guy named Kirito in Hearthstone. Filthy beater...

LOL what deck was he using? All the Rogue weapons? :p

I didn't even know those two spots in the episode were edited. I guess it wasn't noticable unless I saw it beforehand.

The only noticeable edit has been the cut of mako getting a nose bleed and the scene that causes it because while at first its not apparent somethint was skipped, when it cuts to mako after the fight and her nose is bloody for no reason you know something was lost somewhere

Seda

Speaking of Gifs, I was wondering what exactly the following two mean:

Shrug can be used in several situations - typically I'll post that when something A.) isn't explained very well or B.) nonsensical but the show is rolling with it anyway.

Like, Sesshōmaru regains his lost arm in the middle of a conflict.
wtzgU.gif

Like ... puzzled but indifferent

Shrug can be used in several situations - typically I'll post that when something A.) isn't explained very well or B.) nonsensical but the show is rolling with it anyway.

Like, Sesshōmaru regains his lost arm in the middle of a conflict.
wtzgU.gif

Like ... puzzled but indifferent

So its not a sign that you think its bad, more like "this is dumb but w/e moves the story along"

Episode 7 of KLK done. I was pretty indifferent to the dub, but its really starting to grow on me. Even Mako.

I'm enjoying this much more than what I've seen from the sub while it was airing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Episode 7 of KLK done. I was pretty indifferent to the dub, but its really starting to grow on me. Even Mako.

I'm enjoying this much more than what I've seen from the sub while it was airing.

hL8hvjG.gif

He's screaming in terror because a tempest kick is coming right for him

Moaradin

I'm thinking I'm starting to like KLK more the second time with the dub. The dialogue is just so much better lol. Could be just a cultural thing, but I find it funnier in English than I did when I first watched it in Japanese.

I'm thinking I'm starting to like KLK more the second time with the dub. The dialogue is just so much better lol. Could be just a cultural thing, but I find it funnier in English than I did when I first watched it in Japanese.

While the dialogue still has its usual anime cheesiness, it translates to english much better than a good amount of other anime do.

And it also helps that the VAs are really growing in their roles. Ryuko and Satsuki especially.

daveo42

Banned
I think they've done a fantastic job with the KLK dub so far. It just comes with getting the right people to make the dub to begin with. And while dubs do continue to get better, I'll continue to prefer the sub for most shows.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, Miyazaki wanted to do a Parasyte movie. That sure would've been something: Studio Ghibli's Parasyte.

Crocodile

I'm re-reading our reactions to this weekend's Sword Art Online and I'm just cracking up. Like it wasn't offensive but the episode was like a textbook example of how one should NOT write a character if they want them to be interesting or interact in a logical, interesting setting. How old was the author when he wrote this arc of SAO again?

Wow, Miyazaki wanted to do a Parasyte movie. That sure would've been something: Studio Ghibli's Parasyte.

Almost 100% guaranteed to have been better than the Madhouse version. Those anime fans in alternate dimension 43523 where that happened sure got lucky :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I...actually really liked SAO 2 this week. Yes it had Kirito being Kirito and more cringe worthy usage of MMO lingo but for whatever reason I found buying weapons in Gun Gal Online positively mesmerizing.

LOLDSFAN

I...actually really liked SAO 2 this week. Yes it had Kirito being Kirito and more cringe worthy usage of MMO lingo but for whatever reason I found buying weapons in Gun Gal Online positively mesmerizing.

Outside of the two times Kirito used his hax skillz it wasn't too bad honestly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, figuring out which weapon to go with/what works best for you can be a major factor of playing a MMO or other types of games like Monster Hunter, which can lead to different play styles. Plus I did kind of like the shop's design.

It's just that we got a girl who's afraid of a finger bang, yet is super knowledgeable of the thing that she's afraid of and doesn't act afraid & the hax0r being all "IMMA USE A SWORD IN A GUN GAME CUZ I USED SWORDS IN OTHER GAMEZ" distracting us.

& now I feel like someone is gonna respond by saying that Log Horizon handled this better.

Seda

Kirito being super cool and good at everything has worn its welcome, but I don''t mind slower, more character focused episodes from time to time.

Grexeno

Zoro's Japanese VA is in literally everything...
Japan has a small pool of VAs that get most of the work.
But Anime-gaf told me that the Japanese anime VA field is incredibly massive and diverse and definitely doesn't have mostly the same core group of voice actors voicing everything like those filthy American dubs.

Jintor

& now I feel like someone is gonna respond by saying that Log Horizon handled this better.

Oddly enough Log Horizon doesn't really have much focus on getting god-tier equipment since it's more interested in how you could logically use god-tier equipment to make more generically useful things.
Like working motor engines.

It does have an arc where flavor text plays a major role, though

Just finished changing the battery out of my old Pokemon Silver cartridge and I feel so cool. Being able to do something so cool with stuff from the house is awesome. Is this what DIY-ers feel like?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kirito being super cool and good at everything has worn its welcome, but I don''t mind slower, more character focused episodes from time to time.

Kirito being Kirito is just par for the course. It's like asking Goku not to be excited to train or Luffy to forget about friendship and meat. Kirito is just going to use swords, be the very best and attract men and women both by doing absolutely nothing.

To be fair, figuring out which weapon to go with/what works best for you can be a major factor of playing a MMO or other types of games like Monster Hunter, which can lead to different play styles. Plus I did kind of like the shop's design.

It's just that we got a girl who's afraid of a finger bang, yet is super knowledgeable of the thing that she's afraid of and doesn't act afraid & the hax0r being all "IMMA USE A SWORD IN A GUN GAME CUZ I USED SWORDS IN OTHER GAMEZ" distracting us.

She's just doing her weird ass version of immersion therapy and studied up. It's weird but frankly not unheard of or even that ungrounded. I did love the shop talk though I did find it funny that no one, in a popular US/Japanese game, is using Beam/Light Sabers just for the otaku value. They even make the sound! Nerds would be all over the weapon even if it sucked!

Wy01K2h.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom