• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

tumblr_nnejiad1n21sh0c2so1_500.png

Didn't even give him time to tweet it

I think most deaths occur due to soldiers panicking or getting emotional. Titan killing really is about staying cool under pressure. The best Titan killers in the game are always in control.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Poor Mikasa.

I love everything about her character except her unbelievable hold up on Eren. He saved her life, sure but he practically gets her and everyone else killed several times.

at least there is a story reason for her to have this unreasonable level of attachment to the guy

unlike this other pink haired girl I could name

BBboy20

I found it's both funny and sad from all that confidence and bravado and then... This happens.
Would have negated the whole confidence dig: theme of the show revealing that there is no hope, only despair and suffering to the the inevitable.

I think most deaths occur due to soldiers panicking or getting emotional. Titan killing really is about staying cool under pressure. The best Titan killers in the game are always in control.
Until you face a regular Titan that has faster reflexes then you do. Titans seem rather random between being smart, dumb, slow, fast in all sorts of ways. I can imagine smart and abnormal titans being predictable but the cannon fodder, may as well be luck of the Irish unless you're Levi or Mikasa.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 21 - Protect the Dragon Balls! The Namekians' All-Out Attack!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 22 - Dodoria's Terrifying Chase! A Truth Revealed to Vegeta!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 13 - Crazy for You
1:00 - Sword Art Online II - 6 - Showdown in the Wilderness
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 21 - Inside Naraku
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 65 - Lockdown of Darkness
2:30 - One Piece - 299 - Fierce Sword Attacks! Zoro vs. Kaku, Powerful Sword Fighting Showdown!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 6 - The World the Girl Saw: The Struggle for Trost, Part 2

Later.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Best part of Attack on Titan. Really wish they would've kept this plot point and explored it more. It even justifies Eten's shittiness and cockiness in the first few episodes.

Raxus

Great stuff SAB, DBZ and SAO's drawings are the best.

Kirito really should have gotten his head blown off several times that episode.

Line_HTX

I'm kind of recovering from a random bad cold, so pardon the shortness of my impressions.

You know you have serious anger and rage when her facial expressions are all pencil sketched.
Now we have the flashback we've been looking for.
Okay, this Nui is now officially on my shit list for no other reason other than that troll smile messing around.
Now I see where she got that eyepatch from.
Ryuko's anger reached Makoto Shishio's level to where she got eaten up and turned into an ugly ass zombie Smurf.
When even Gamagoori tells you to put clothes on... [Nonon hat cover]
Kenshiro's explosive traps have no effect. How does he set them so fast anyways?

Some serious business Satsuki ASS.
Ryuko totally lost her sense of reason.
See, I know the teacher couldn't pull the trigger because he had doubts, and he freaked out by how far she could see him from that range.
That Satsuki sword pose totally looks badass. The one and only Queen of Iron Fist!
Mako dives into the clashing auras and knocks Ryuko into some sense.
It's OK, she fainted, and needs rest.
Nui, you are permanently banned from ToonamiGAF Honnouji Academy. Try to show your face again and be met with the Queen's wrath. Oh man, I hope Satsuki delivers Nui's death. OH-HOHOHOHO~

I'll have my SAO post later. I hate being sick in warm weather.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Damn you Shippuden for knocking me out early. Thankfully, I have almost all the One Piece DVDs so I watched last night's episode easily.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Shit gets serious as we see the true scope of the Namekian slaughter. At least the Elder was smart in taking out their scouters.
It's weird how Freeza's men are so unfamiliar with the idea of hiding their true power. I guess only Earthlings and Namekians can do it? Now that I think about it... maybe Kami taught it to Goku when he trained with him back in Dragon Ball so it's a Namekian art.

Kill la Kill:
I said it before, but Stephanie Sheh needs more roles like this. Nui is fucking great. (Bravely Default spoilers)
She does get pretty trolly near the end of the game but getting there is a pain due to how the game works.
Zombie Ryuko was insane, and it's a good thing Mako was there to save the day. Nothing like a cooldown hug and a million slaps to snap them out of it.
I saw the scene that was cut, that was pretty fucking important. Who was responsible for cutting? Adult Swim or Aniplex? Either way they were wrong.

Sword Art Online II:
So let me get this straight. The entire gag of Kirito looking like a girl (because this game RANDOMLY GENERATES your character for some reason, a big "hell no" for any game) and talking like a girl... was a scene where he sees Sinon in her underwear and gets slapped. It's not like it was even her, it was an online avatar. People in MMOs run around "naked" all the time. But it's not anime enough hur hur hur
Seriously, Disney is probably going to sue the SAO creators. That is so blatantly a lightsaber, it even makes the same retraction sound.
And the "hero" and Death Gun finally meet, with the realization that he was an SAO survivor and part of that evil guild that only showed up twice. How much dumber will it get?

Inuyasha: The Final Act
Wow... after so many years on Adult Swim/Toonami, the Shikon Jewel is finally complete. This really does feel like the end. I wonder how people that actually care about Inuyasha feel.
And Kohaku dies in the funniest way possible. But then he's revived by bullshit.

FUCK YOU SHIPPUDEN

One Piece
Sanji is so fucking good.
I feel so bad he's been out of the picture for a long time
Once that fire started, the match was won. Props to the Funimation writers too.
And hey, we're close to Episode 300. It's not special but it's a milestone either way.

I have a theory why 1:1 pacing became the norm after this arc. There's a 10 episode filler arc (plus a one-off) that I think did really bad in the ratings. It was so maligned that the Log Collections (DVD box sets in Japan) skipped over it. Think about it, they got Apis, and that stupid amnesia arc, but this didn't make it to the box sets. ... Confession, I never watched this arc. When we get there on Toonami, it will be my first exposure to it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, after being reminded what the post-credit scene was for KlK, that is just unacceptable considering it's rather important. It's not just some silly "filler" scene, it was pretty much setting up part of the 2nd half of the series.

Can't wait for next week for people to be all confused and "WHAT THE HELL, when did this happen?!" thanks to the omission.

Also, at least in SAO S1, that scene would've made scene considering once everyone was trapped, they were changed to what they looked like in real life. Here, it's clearly not Sinon, so why the hell does she care.

Yeah, after being reminded what the post-credit scene was for KlK, that is just unacceptable considering it's rather important. It's not just some silly "filler" scene, it was pretty much setting up part of the 2nd half of the series.

Can't wait for next week for people to be all confused and "WHAT THE HELL, when did this happen?!" thanks to the omission.

Also, at least in SAO S1, that scene would've made scene considering once everyone was trapped, they were changed to what they looked like in real life. Here, it's clearly not Sinon, so why the hell does she care.

FWIW she did make a line earlier in the episode that "this world feels so real perhaps thats why irl me and in game me are so different" so under that context she probably would feel embarrased... That still doesn't explain WHY the game would require you to remove your clothing to put new clothes on when every other mmo in this series has enabled you to change clothing without that added step. 'It helps add to the realness of the world' is shenanigans because 1) as far as we know there was no reason for Sinon to dress casually before heading to the bob registration on the final day of registration and first day of the tournament and 2) nobody else in ggo views this world as really real as Sinon (or kirito) is based upon how everyone but her acted in episode 2.

The entire point of the scene was to make Sinon act tsundere towards Kirito for the rest of this arc which in a lot of ways makes her character less interesting like what happened to Asuna in SAO s1 after her introduction. It'd be one thing if the series had established Kirito and Asuna were going through some kind of rough patch and the series was trying to establish Sinon as a series romantic rival, but we know that isn't the case because most of Kirito's scenes in episode 1 and 3 focused on him, asuna, and their "daughter" and how stupidly close they are. If you want your action series to have elements of a harem rom com in it fine, for fucks sake don't go extremely out of the way to establish "the winner" and then go out of the way to keep adding more rivals to the harem after the fact.

I'll say this, the ggo arc has a lot of ideas that on paper could/would have worked had they been handled a little better and had they not been attached to SAO s1 and imo generally a better idea and story structure then either of the previous two arcs. I will pose this question, had this been a new character in the sao universe largely detached from the events of s1 minus also being an sao survivor, or had the whole series started here and we didn't know about the sao death game and our mc's time there how many of the issues this series has wouldn't be issues. How much has our ability to not connect with the characters and story is based upon our past knowledge of how awful and pandering this show is? I'll ask this question again in a later s2 arc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The point of the scene was "hey, we haz another gurl, let's show her....*spins wheel of fanservice*.... IN HER UNDERWEAR, it is!"

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I found the fanservice in KLK to be way more distracting and stupid this week, to be honest.

It hasn't really bothered me up until now because I think One Piece has done a pretty good job of portraying these power-ups as power-ups rather than last minute instant win moves, but I wish there was actually some explanation for some of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom