• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Break, double issue (no One Piece) and Golden Week apparently.

Yeah...

*looks at HxH*

x03aAaq.gif

Zubz

Banned
I'm not caught up on One Piece... at all... but the way my friend described this cliffhanger, it sounds crazy-hype!

So I yolo spoiler'd myself on the upcoming DBZ film specifically when it comes to the new form people discussed earlier today.

I'll spoil tag this for that sake of people who want to be completely blind, but a fairly safe opinion on it is
pretty good and handled fairly well by Toriyama doesn't feel cheap

Ultratech

Man, I haven't had a Slurpee in ages. I should see if there's a 7/11 near me.

Same.

There's a ton of 7/11s in my town now to a point of ridiculousness.
(Case in point: There's 3 of them in one spot all within like 1-3 miles of each other. It's silly.)

It's kinda funny since a few years ago, there were maybe like 2-3 in town. Then just recently, they bought up some convenience stores, remodeled those and then built a few more.

I'm sure Toonami GAF is excited to hear SAO is getting two new figurines in Japan, one of Asuna and one of Leafa, both are in bikinis rubbing up against a beach umbrella like it's a stripper pole.

Anime was a mistake

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm sure Toonami GAF is excited to hear SAO is getting two new figurines in Japan, one of Asuna and one of Leafa, both are in bikinis rubbing up against a beach umbrella like it's a stripper pole.

Anime was a mistake

Trash... trash trash trash...

Due to severe amount of anime I'm following, I've decided to just watch all the new episodes of each show on Saturdays from now on.

I've tried to condense it down to 3 days

Wednesday = Funimation simuldub day

Friday = Jojo and whatever else on Crunchy from the week

Saturday = Toonami and Saturday Crunchy shows

The Leafa figure is even worse than the Asuna figure.

Should I post it for you fellas? :p

I've tried to condense it down to 3 days

Wednesday = Funimation simuldub day

Friday = Jojo and whatever else on Crunchy from the week

Saturday = Toonami and Saturday Crunchy shows

That's a cool schedule. If I wasn't usually busy and tired on Wednesdays and Friday, I would go for that routine.

BatDan

Highschool of the Dead is Sentai Filmworks. Not gonna happen
I also heard the dub isn't very good...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Highschool of the Dead is Sentai Filmworks. Not gonna happen
I also heard the dub isn't very good...
Yeah, I heard clips of it & some of the dialogue inserts the most random references for the hell of it.

Like, out of nowhere, a character says "I like turtles". Because remember THAT joke?

Edit: OH, here we go. The English Script was done by Steven Foster, who did the translation for Ghost Stories. Except nowhere near as funny.

BatDan

Yeah, I heard clips of it & some of the dialogue inserts the most random references for the hell of it.

Like, out of nowhere, a character says "I like turtles". Because remember THAT joke?

Edit: OH, here we go. The English Script was done by Steven Foster, who did the translation for Ghost Stories. Except nowhere near as funny.

Thaaaat explains a lot.
I know HSoD is trashy garbage, but that's not really an excuse to do that.

Raxus

Thaaaat explains a lot.
I know HSoD is trashy garbage, but that's not really an excuse to do that.

HSoD is trashy garbage but it is entertaining as is trashy garbage.

I mean. Matrix boobs.

Ghost Stories without the dub would be a paint by the numbers anime.

Raxus

I love how almost all the major series on CN right now (AT, Steven Universe and Regular Show) all have anime references hidden here and there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahaha, there's now a Voltron reference.

I should get back into Regular Show, kind of stopped since I was busy with college & such.

Edit: OH MY GOD IT REFERENCED GURREN LAGANN &
"GIANT ASS ROBOT PILOTS A BIGGER-ASS ROBOT"!!

.....oh & there's a G Gundam reference.

Jintor

That's terrible news. HSoTD is the kind of entertaining trash that deserves a dubbing team who won't take it seriously in the most professional way possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom