• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
tSX45o6.gif

Oh God

If you went to Toonami Faithful's site and clicked the lik about Jojo at the bottom of the article it acknowledged it was a hoax and how it was created. This has been up since last night

Maybe the april fools joke is that theyre starting at Stardust Crusaders and are actually starting from Phantom Blood yeah guys?
....guys?

bigkrev

Going to University of IL I guess? Lol

In all seriousness, don't make this decision quickly. Make sure you are OK with the fact that you will be close to home, for example (I found going away improved my experience significantly, because it meant I couldn't run home if something went wrong)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
People are still reporting the Hideaki Anno Godzilla movie as news so it sounds like it's not a joke.

Thesis of a Cruel Kaiju

daveo42

Banned
People are still reporting the Hideaki Anno Godzilla movie as news so it sounds like it's not a joke.

Thesis of a Cruel Kaiju

I'm sure mecha Godzilla will make an appearance, and his best friend will be a whiny teenager with parental issues.

Soulflarz

Banned
I recommend Northwestern if you're smart enough to get in there. If you want the big state school experience, TOSU is superior to Illinois.

I-I didnt even think to apply to TOSU. As for Northwestern, I would be on the low end of their list, aka "how did he get in", had I applied there. I-I didnt really want to, because uhm....I kind of live 15 minutes from there when I'm at my dads....biking. Not even driving.

In all seriousness, don't make this decision quickly. Make sure you are OK with the fact that you will be close to home, for example (I found going away improved my experience significantly, because it meant I couldn't run home if something went wrong)

And yes, I'm completely okay with being an hour and a half or two from home.

In all seriousness, I could have pulled connections to get into Boston College, but like hell I'm going to college off of someone else instead of my own work >.>
inferring I worked in high school and didn't just play games.

Grexeno

In all seriousness, I could have pulled connections to get into Boston College, but like hell I'm going to college off of someone else instead of my own work >.>
inferring I worked in high school and didn't just play games.
Life lesson: always use your connections if you can. Everyone else is going to be doing it, and if you don't, you'll lose out on a lot of good opportunities.

Soulflarz

Banned
Life lesson: always use your connections if you can. Everyone else is going to be doing it, and if you don't, you'll lose out on a lot of good opportunities.

Yeah, but that's connections through my dad. Under that logic, I probably don't have to put effort into a lot of things in life. I don't really want to pull that, even if everyone around me would do it in a heartbeat :/

Yeah, but that's connections through my dad. Under that logic, I probably don't have to put effort into a lot of things in life. I don't really want to pull that, even if everyone around me would do it in a heartbeat :/
I love how you are so innocent and have yet to be corrupted by the harsh realities of the real world, and I say that sincerely. You might change your stance on networking when you get older because that's how people get ahead 90% of the time. It isn't so much about what you know, more so WHO you know.

Soulflarz

Banned
I love how you are so innocent and have yet to be corrupted by the harsh realities of the real world, and I say that sincerely. You might change your stance on networking when you get older because that's how people get ahead 90% of the time. It isn't so much about what you know, more so WHO you know.

I-I'm not innocent! Hmph!

But yeah, uhm...I probably will, especially when I get out of college, but like hell I was getting into college off of my family. That would have killed me internally :/

Edit: Jesus Christ, I need less morals in terms of doing stuff on my own versus using being helped by those around me from time to time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I-I'm not innocent! Hmph!

But yeah, uhm...I probably will, especially when I get out of college, but like hell I was getting into college off of my family. That would have killed me internally :/

Edit: Jesus Christ, I need less morals in terms of doing stuff on my own versus using being helped by those around me from time to time.

Honestly, short of using a connection to get into the Ivy League there's not much of a point to it. If you can use it to get a job though, otherwise you'll have to overload on extra education and internships to get anywhere.

Soulflarz

Banned
Tacos don't have crusts.

Also I got a PS4. PSN ID is Grexeno

Dont block me, I'm gd4033, not some random :V
Edit: you have to add us, dunno what your privacy settings are but yeah it's not going through :p

also
http://www.alltheanime.com/collections/space-dandy/products/space-dandy-season-1-blu-ray-standard
hmmm

Honestly, short of using a connection to get into the Ivy League there's not much of a point to it. If you can use it to get a job though, otherwise you'll have to overload on extra education and internships to get anywhere.

Oh yeah, also that. I mean...I don't mind work. I don't mind a decent amount of work. I...I'm not sure I want to do Ivy League amounts of work any time soon.

Why does Yui even eat?

This is the real question we should be asking.

Raxus

Oh god, that Steven Universe Uncle Grandpa crossover.

They didn't just break the 4th wall,
they took it out for dinner, took it back to their place and fucked its brains out.
Spoilered for graphic 4th wall breaking lovin'.

Puruzi

Banned
Oh god, that Steven Universe Uncle Grandpa crossover.

They didn't just break the 4th wall,
they took it out for dinner, took it back to their place and fucked its brains out.
Spoilered for graphic 4th wall breaking lovin'.

I loved it and I went into the episode expecting to hate it.

Grexeno

Dont block me, I'm gd4033, not some random :V
Edit: you have to add us, dunno what your privacy settings are but yeah it's not going through :p
Probably because my real name got set as my PSN ID for some reason. :/

EDIT: Actually I did have my privacy settings set wrong. Who do I show up as?

Regiruler

After realizing I might be forever out of luck to get the splatoon amiibo if I miss amazon, I think I understand absolute despair.

And disgust.

Crocodile

I'm still not sure if I should feel sorry for those stressing themselves to get Amiibos or if I should laugh at them. I get the appeal but seems to be so much effort for not that much gain. Nintendo should def make more of them (though I understand port strike issues and concerns about unsold stock are on their mind).

I'm still not sure if I should feel sorry for those stressing themselves to get Amiibos or if I should laugh at them. I get the appeal but seems to be so much effort for not that much gain. Nintendo should def make more of them (though I understand port strike issues and concerns about unsold stock are on their mind).

I'm more pissed about how poorly corporate Gamestop handled the whole wave 4 situation in general. Having in store only pre-orders though their website only where the entire company was attempting to pre order the same thing at the same time was stupid in an infinite number of ways. I would have much rather they just allocated X per store that way they could have gone "X of this character, Y of that character, 1 per person per character" that way as person number 4 in line had they only gotten 2 Lucina and Robin I could have not wasted time waiting in line for something I wasn't going to be able to get.

Nintendo and Gamestop are both incompetent; I would have been willing to drop hundreds of dollars on worthless plastic figurines but since it's too much of a hassle to get them, I'm out. Completely soured my amiibo experience and it makes me not want to buy their products in general to be honest.

I wouldn't be as upset about the amiibo situation if they were a for smash or for collectibles only item. The fact they continue to integrate them into various games both current and upcoming means that if I can't get some super fucking rare amiibo like Shulk or a FE character then I'm missing out on content in games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Codename STEAM. It's one thing when you tie something like a Hyrule Warriors weapon to the Link amiibo when you plan to over produce that one and continue to produce for the life of amiibo, it's another thing when you make more copies of Codename STEAM then you make of all 4 FE amiibo combined in the US while advertising the FE amiibo function on the back of the box.

Not turn this into the amiibo thread 2.0 but what the hell happened to the Marth's that were supposed to be restocked when Steam came out? It's clear Nintendo is creating artificial demand which only hurts their fans and helps scalpers. So infuriating.

Not turn this into the amiibo thread 2.0 but what the hell happened to the Marth's that were supposed to be restocked when Steam came out? It's clear Nintendo is creating artificial demand which only hurts their fans and helps scalpers. So infuriating.

They said in yesterdays direct that the reprint would be happening "soon" whatever that means. They need to reprint all 4 FE amiibo at this rate because it's getting kind of ridiculous.

Anyways Funimation got The Heroic Legend of Arslan from the manga creator of Full Metal Alchemist. Another show that we could easily see on Toonami in the future.

Moaradin

I'm more interested that The Heroic Legend of Arslan was created by the dude that did Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Not sure how great this adaption will be though. One look at the trailer and I already see Berserk movie level CG.

LOLDSFAN

Yeah I feel the same way. I'm glad I'm not into collectables because if I was I'd be in the same boat as others. I have OCD tendencies at times and would be very frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom