• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr15| Watching Toonami protects your brain from sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Not turn this into the amiibo thread 2.0 but what the hell happened to the Marth's that were supposed to be restocked when Steam came out? It's clear Nintendo is creating artificial demand which only hurts their fans and helps scalpers. So infuriating.

In the Direct, they said "May"
I hope this doesn't mean "May 29th the same day as Wave 4" May

See, I wouldn't mind dropping a hundred plus dollars on amiibo. But I want that $100 to be for 8 amiibo, not 1 or 2. Plus, we can't let scalpers win.

Crocodile

I'm more pissed about how poorly corporate Gamestop handled the whole wave 4 situation in general. Having in store only pre-orders though their website only where the entire company was attempting to pre order the same thing at the same time was stupid in an infinite number of ways. I would have much rather they just allocated X per store that way they could have gone "X of this character, Y of that character, 1 per person per character" that way as person number 4 in line had they only gotten 2 Lucina and Robin I could have not wasted time waiting in line for something I wasn't going to be able to get.

So you had to preorder online and then pick it up in a store to get one? I agree, 1st come, 1st serve with a limit on one per customer seems much smarter/better to me.

I wouldn't be as upset about the amiibo situation if they were a for smash or for collectibles only item. The fact they continue to integrate them into various games both current and upcoming means that if I can't get some super fucking rare amiibo like Shulk or a FE character then I'm missing out on content in games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Codename STEAM. It's one thing when you tie something like a Hyrule Warriors weapon to the Link amiibo when you plan to over produce that one and continue to produce for the life of amiibo, it's another thing when you make more copies of Codename STEAM then you make of all 4 FE amiibo combined in the US while advertising the FE amiibo function on the back of the box.

Maybe its just me but most of the Amiibo extra content seems inconsequential. As in stuff that's kind of cool but if I never got access to it I wouldn't care or feel I'm missing much. That's just my opinion though.

Not turn this into the amiibo thread 2.0 but what the hell happened to the Marth's that were supposed to be restocked when Steam came out? It's clear Nintendo is creating artificial demand which only hurts their fans and helps scalpers. So infuriating.

I recall them saying they would make more but did ever say they would be back in time for STEAM's release? It seems obvious to me that Nintendo can't produce and ship Amiibos at the drop of a dime. That being said, I certainly agree that some degree of artificial scarcity is being employed (toy companies have been doing shit like that for decades) in additional to probably some fears of overshipment and retailer politics.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Demand isn't artificial when they just run out. Marth is a wave 1 Amiibo of a fairly unpopular Nintendo character so they didn't make that many. Now they are making more.

Grexeno

I legitimately want the final Bleach arc to get animated and onto Toonami, just for completions sake.

It would also be great to groupwatch.

I recall them saying they would make more but did ever say they would be back in time for STEAM's release? It seems obvious to me that Nintendo can't produce and ship Amiibos at the drop of a dime. That being said, I certainly agree that some degree of artificial scarcity is being employed (toy companies have been doing shit like that for decades) in additional to probably some fears of overshipment and retailer politics.

I'm not demanding they magically get production lines up to make more amiibo and ship them in a week. They have had months to get their crap together regarding the rare figurines, especially from wave 1, but are dragging their feet. I'm not sure creating a short term frenzy is worth pissing off the most loyal section of your base. Sure, the fanboys will do whatever it takes to get the set but I'm done.

BatDan

I legitimately want the final Bleach arc to get animated and onto Toonami, just for completions sake.

It would also be great to groupwatch.

The first 25 or so episodes would be a slog
Once Aizen returns though, it will be glorious

I'm sure they could cover 140+ chapters in 25 or so episodes.

So you had to preorder online and then pick it up in a store to get one? I agree, 1st come, 1st serve with a limit on one per customer seems much smarter/better to me.

Maybe its just me but most of the Amiibo extra content seems inconsequential. As in stuff that's kind of cool but if I never got access to it I wouldn't care or feel I'm missing much. That's just my opinion though.

No, you had to go to a gamestop, and then the gamestop employee had to do an online order for you, you could not order the amiibos yourself though gamestop.com only in store. It was very ass backwards, GS said it was to "prevent scalpers" but all it did was delay the processes infinitely in stores. Seriously it took over an hour to process the first 2 transactions at my Gamestop.

And while it may not be super critical content for the most part, it rubs me the wrong way when it's a major part of the advertising/back of the box/in game menus and I can't access said content because I can't find a toy. Codename Steam is probably the biggest offender having by far the coolest amiibo exclusive content with the rarest amiibo series. At least Nintendo was decent with Mario Party 10 in that as long as you have any 1 amiibo to initially unlock the mode you can then unlock the other 9 boards though in game play so rare amiibo boards (aka Rosalina) aren't impossible to access.

The first 25 or so episodes would be a slog

I'm sure they could cover 140+ chapters in 25 or so episodes.

There are some pretty good moments though the first half of the arc including
Everything But the Rain mini arc, Kenpachi vs Unohana, Yamamoto vs Ywhach
. The only thing that would make it a slog is if they went with later Bleach anime pacing but at your proposed 25-30 episodes to cover the current 140 chapters we'd get most battles and story pieces at a really good pace where it wouldn't be as big of an issue.

daveo42

Banned
Uncle Grandpa is so fucking weird. At least it sounds like the Steven Universe episode with Uncle Grandpa is good.

bigkrev

I own 5 Amiibos (one of them is a sealed Gold Mario). They don't do jack shit of any relevance in games (My Toon Link got me a weapon in Hyrule Warriors i'll never use whoo-hoo), and are not worth the trouble of collecting

Seda

nyDl91d.png

not sure if new/old

more here https://twitter.com/takumitoxin/media

Regiruler

I wouldn't be as upset about the amiibo situation if they were a for smash or for collectibles only item. The fact they continue to integrate them into various games both current and upcoming means that if I can't get some super fucking rare amiibo like Shulk or a FE character then I'm missing out on content in games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Codename STEAM. It's one thing when you tie something like a Hyrule Warriors weapon to the Link amiibo when you plan to over produce that one and continue to produce for the life of amiibo, it's another thing when you make more copies of Codename STEAM then you make of all 4 FE amiibo combined in the US while advertising the FE amiibo function on the back of the box.

I got steam, have no FE amiibo, I don't feel like I'm missing a thing.

That's not to condone the storage, but you shouldn't avoid S.t.e.a.m. because you don't have marth.

I got steam, have no FE amiibo, I don't feel like I'm missing a thing.

That's not to condone the storage, but you shouldn't avoid S.t.e.a.m. because you don't have marth.

I'm sure Steam is a great game, but it's not a day one priority game for me, it became one when the FE cross over element was announced... the fact I can't access that FE element due to NoA making the FE amiibo rare as shit irks me and puts the game back into the "I'll get it down the line" pile.

BatDan

So I just heard DSP is going to start Persona 4.
God help us all, and the man willing to sit through hours and hours for This is how you DON'T play.

BatDan

DarkSydePhil
One of the most incompetent Let's Players on YouTube.
Look up "This is how you DON'T play Metal Gear Solid 2/Metal Gear Solid 3/Dark Souls/Kingdom Hearts II/Final Fantasy X"

He never pays attention to instructions or the game.
Nothing is ever his fault, it's always the game or lag/bad netcode
He can't take criticism
He's extremely mean-spirited. Often cracking jokes during tragic scenes and outright being an asshole.

DarkSydePhil
One of the most incompetent Let's Players on YouTube.
Look up "This is how you DON'T play Metal Gear Solid 2/Metal Gear Solid 3/Dark Souls/Kingdom Hearts II/Final Fantasy X"

He never pays attention to instructions or the game.
Nothing is ever his fault, it's always the game or lag/bad netcode
He can't take criticism
He's extremely mean-spirited. Often cracking jokes during tragic scenes and outright being an asshole.
I think all I remember from his videos was him cursing while he was getting bodied in MVC2.

Soulflarz

Banned
Is he downright incompetent? In terms of "doesnt understand x or y"

I thought it was closer to "Oh tutorial? Lets skip this since we dont need it, itll bore you guys"
*2 hours pass*
"how the hell did the game expect me to do <mechanic now needed>"

Raxus

I look forward to SAO II if only for ToonamiGAF at its most active.

It truly is something special to draw so much ire.

Raxus

So Egoraptor on Game Grumps?
Egoraptor is much better at least since:

A) he's usually never paying attention to (typically) the shit game he is playing.

B) blames his stupidity for missing it rather than blame the game.

C) his laugh makes me want to strangle him much less.

Line_HTX

Good morning y'all!

OK, so there are a handful of important people from Trigger that flew all the way here to Houston for this weekend's Anime Matsuri. One of them is the character designer and chief animation director of klk. If I get the chance, I'd like to know the inspiration behind the Iron Fist Queen Satsuki. :p

Is there anyone in here that live in Houston? Maybe Htown? We could meetup or something, that'd be cool.

Also, I don't think I'll be able to make it back home for Toonami. Cons on Saturday nights are too good to pass up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, forgot that starts this month. Hopefully they last long enough to get to that
copycat/stalker
villain, though I doubt they will....

Puruzi

Banned
Is Shokugeki No Soma any good? I'm sure a few people in here read the manga.
It's totally great.

Its very good highly recommend

So it's exactly like the manga?
Awesome!

Listen to these guys

Couldn't even make 10 minutes through the first episode because of stupid and shitty fanservice.

This is totally incorrect.

I am being told this only lasts for two episodes though.
There's still loads of fanservice, just not at the level of the beginning .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom