• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
When your girl calls and says to come over cause her parents aren't home.

339.gif

The transitions are on point in this season.

Grexeno

I really think that JoJo is one of those shows where Toonami would air it if it was up to them, and if it doesn't it's because it's out of their control.

I get the feeling the author of parasyte may have had more planned but either got tired or burned out and ended the series with a hand wave preach bow on top ending. It almost feels like the serial killer sub plot was a last second "oh crap I forgot to resolve that"

Jarate

Banned
I really think that JoJo is one of those shows where Toonami would air it if it was up to them, and if it doesn't it's because it's out of their control.

I think the change from WB to Viz will help a lot with that. WB seems to think their products ar worth more then they actually are and are pricing themselves out of being aired, especially with niche programs like Superhero shows and Jojo.

I'd imagine Viz might want to do their own dub of part 1, or at least figure out their options with jojo before committing too airing it immediately. There's also probably issues with music and copyright things that woul have to be sorted out

I honestly think that if we do get it, then Dimension W's spot would be the best place to air it. 12:30 would be one of their best times to air it

The worst part about Sailor Moon Crystal S3 is that someone told Toei along the way nobody cares for the manga version of the characters and they injected the original anime personalities into everyone which might make for an overall better show but after 26 episodes of Crystal to suddenly have half the cast have a personality shift out of nowhere feels weird. Also the new OP is terrible

I get the feeling the author of parasyte may have had more planned but either got tired or burned out and ended the series with a hand wave preach bow on top ending. It almost feels like the serial killer sub plot was a last second "oh crap I forgot to resolve that"

After irregularly releasing chapters for eight years, I don't blame the author for getting tired of it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I have been told on Twitter we may yet be saved from that fate since it seems Netflix has a deal with Aniplex for the series.

Jarate

Banned
I always found it a bit hard to believe that Aldnoah Zero is as bad as people here have claimed. Certainly can't be worse than Gundam 00 or Gundam AGE.
I didn't believe that Tenchi Muyo GXP could be that bad either...

Filler Naruto, and Beware the Batman I'd still classify as worse though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg. My internet problems wasn't just with my laptop. It was most likely the router (&/or ethernet cable, both are around 5 years old) all this time, as it appears it's happened to my dad & sis.

On the one hand, phew, it's not my laptop, but now I gotta search for a new router & ethernet cable and deal with the crap surrounding the cables that're hooked up to provide internet.

Puruzi

Banned
Attack on Titan's ok. It's pretty similar to Attack on Titan but it looks much better and the girl kick/slicing of the zombie's head was cool. Hopefully the production doesn't fall apart like Attack on Titan, but it's likely that it will.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Attack on Titan's ok. It's pretty similar to Attack on Titan but it looks much better and the girl kick/slicing of the zombie's head was cool. Hopefully the production doesn't fall apart like Attack on Titan, but it's likely that it will.

At the very least it is only one cour.

I'm already confused as to what the hell anyone's talking about.

That's everyday for you though right :p

Kabanari of the Iron Fortress is an Amazon Prime exclusive show which is basically snowpiercer meets attack on titan meets late 80's/early 90's violent ovas. Kabanari are a type of super strong zombie that once you are bitten your doomed to infection unless you destroy your heart or decapitate yourself. The series looks great 1 episode in and the train environment really gives the series this nice sense of claustrophobia that the cast is trapped in while they attempt to fight off waves of the undead. Probably the biggest surprise of the season because it looked like just another "me too" anime trying to ape off Titan's popularity and while it is that it does it to such a high level of skill it's at least worth keeping an eye on.

Edit: Toonami gaf you failed me I was expecting someone to post by the time I was done >:[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom