• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I didn't really watch all of it either. I just half ass and watch the episodes that most of the Internet is talking about.

Like I love eating cherries. They taste really good.

Likitung~
RMoEIr.gif

Too easy.

Jarate

Banned
Also, ive been doing some bid site purchases through some sites, and was able to buy a collection of 19th century japanese art for 65$. Just a single piece in it was worth 300$. Im gonna buy every anime license with this kind of cash!

zulux21

I wonder how much it would cost to liscnece an anime.

I wish I liked editing video more, I'd totally release some fan dubs for you guys. If I had the patience/got paid enough I could easily do a better dub then most companies do.

Maybe I should just dedicate my life to the struggle :/

the skip beat kickstarter has some decent info on it.

it is a 155k goal if you want actual numbers.

in an old ADV court case they revealed some amounts. the license cost ranged from as low as 40k or so to as high ave like 980k back in 2003 with your average 25 episode series costing around 400k or so.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
> buys $80 wi-fi router
> lol nope still doesn't fix the damn issue

Welp, time to call my ISP, this is ridiculous, I might have to help my dad find a new internet provider. Problem is because we're out in the country, our options are limited.

I wonder how much it would cost to liscnece an anime.

I wish I liked editing video more, I'd totally release some fan dubs for you guys. If I had the patience/got paid enough I could easily do a better dub then most companies do.

Maybe I should just dedicate my life to the struggle :/

I don't know about licensing, but I've read somewhere that it costs around $7,000 to dub a single anime episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Starting to get ads with sound again. Seems to be due to Charter Spectrum

......GUYS WHAT IF IT'S A SIGN THEY WANT ME TO SWITCH MY ISP AFTER TALKING ABOUT IT, NEOGAF IS SECRETLY WATCHING US ALL

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*grumble grumble* Stupid Best Buy not having Dark Souls 3 in store because I came in late in the day... *grumble grumble*
At least it's online.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What I want in April:

- Star Fox Zero

.....................that's it. As for May, it's just VC Remastered & One Piece: Burning Blood.

Jarate

Banned
Ive only beaten Bloodborne. DDark Souls 2 was boring, and I got to this one place is Dark Souls 1 that was kind of bullshit. The one with the archers where you're on very narrow platforms.

I kind of liked how short and focused Bloodborne was in hindsight.

Dark Souls 3 (will buy eventually), Bravely Second End Layer (have pre-ordered ce) and Star Fox Zero (gonna get day 1) are the games for me this month. Seeing Danganronpa 2 coming to steam reminds me I still need to play Dangan 2 on any platform PC or Vita to see the story though since even if I found Dangan 1 to be horribly over rated I still want to see where the story goes.

Jarate

Banned
I'm waiting for a new dynasty warriors. Honestly, I'm getting to a stage where most modern gaming kind of bores me other then some select Japanese titles. Indies used to fill a big hole for me, but they've changed and really the ambitious titles are just walking simulators at this point

It also doesn't help that I feel more and more dissatisfied with people on gaming forums. Idk if its because I'm older, but the constant politicization, constant nitpicking, and constant terrible discussion has really pushed me away from a lot of social aspects of gaming. I'm getting Overwatch though, because I treated TF2 like Dynasty Warriors cause I was generally a lot better then everyone else.

My favorite genre (fps) has also practically been destroyed by the huge amounts of ADS in games which annihilates any pacing and movement options in games. The other option is Halo, which has the issue of being so incredibly slow with so much auto aim, that it makes me hate myself while playing

I'm waiting for a new dynasty warriors. Honestly, I'm getting to a stage where most modern gaming kind of bores me other then some select Japanese titles. Indies used to fill a big hole for me, but they've changed and really the ambitious titles are just walking simulators at this point

It also doesn't help that I feel more and more dissatisfied with people on gaming forums. Idk if its because I'm older, but the constant politicization, constant nitpicking, and constant terrible discussion has really pushed me away from a lot of social aspects of gaming. I'm getting Overwatch though, because I treated TF2 like Dynasty Warriors cause I was generally a lot better then everyone else.

My favorite genre (fps) has also practically been destroyed by the huge amounts of ADS in games which annihilates any pacing and movement options in games. The other option is Halo, which has the issue of being so incredibly slow with so much auto aim, that it makes me hate myself while playing

The games I love I still love and love to talk about with others who want to discuss them it's why 90% of my time on both gaf and gamefaqs is in community threads/gameplay boards or specialty communities to discuss anime/manga/sports/wwe in both places. The best thing you can do is just use the almighty ignore button to weed out the people who constantly try to make everything into a political discussion.

Jarate

Banned
The games I love I still love and love to talk about with others who want to discuss them it's why 90% of my time on both gaf and gamefaqs is in community threads/gameplay boards or specialty communities to discuss anime/manga/sports/wwe in both places. The best thing you can do is just use the almighty ignore button to weed out the people who constantly try to make everything into a political discussion.

Dynasty Warriors has either 0 discussion, or husbando/waifu discussion, same with FF14

And ignoring people is against my ninja code

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"yo dawg, did you use X, X, X, X, Y on this stage?"

"Nah, I used X, X, X, Y, Y, Y."

"wut, everyone knows X, X, X, X, X, X is the best"

....I said as I play HW Legends on my New 3DS....

bigkrev

I sold my copy of Hyrule Warriors. I was able to more than make my money back because I was also able to sell the transfer code for $9, and I only paid $32 for the game at Best Buy. I think I'm done with Musou games

Oh, I bought Dragon Quest Musou today on the Amazon Flash Sale.

I'm playing Final Fantasy Legend III. It has the latest and greatest enemy sprites and UI.

I had no issues beating FFL1 (mainly because you can saw God in half and kill the final boss in one hit,lol), I got to the final boss of FFL2 but could never beat it, but I had real issues with FFL3. I was never able to beat Maitreya, but there was a save on the cart (I bought it at a flea market) that was apparently right past that point, and I finished out that save file to finish the game.

I always wanted to go back and play the fan translation of DS remake of FFL2, but I fear that I would not be able to tolerate the stat progression of that game, and they probably fixed the Trash Can glitch that made it possible to play the game without hating yourself.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm playing Final Fantasy Legend III. It has the latest and greatest enemy sprites and UI.

My first Gameboy RPG! Bought it after the Sunsoft re-release. Was a fun lead in to Pokémon. Then I went back and did the series in reverse.

Mizerman

I get what you're saying. Then again, I'm always up for another DW game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Legends 3 never happened, man. I still need to get Legends 2 now that it's on PSN & I don't have to spend $100+ on a physical copy

bigkrev

My first Gameboy RPG! Bought it after the Sunsoft re-release. Was a fun lead in to Pokémon. Then I went back and did the series in reverse.

I went 2-3-1, and man, going back to 1 was really rough.
Like, why does the Glass Sword in FFL2 break after 1 use, but has like 50 uses in FFL1?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I went 2-3-1, and man, going back to 1 was really rough.
Like, why does the Glass Sword in FFL2 break after 1 use, but has like 50 uses in FFL1?

2 is basically unfair, that's why. The final few bosses you need to wait for them to fuck up or you need supreme skill.

Jarate

Banned
I can help remedy the former.

So who do you think will be added in DW9?

I think my list is (in no order)

1. Cheng Pu
2. Ma Teng
3. Hua Xiong
4. Wang Shuang
5. Shamoke
6. Sun Xiu

There's a bunch of other characters like Liu Zhang, Liu Biao, Yuan Shu, and a whole slew of faction related generals that should be in the game, that aren't due to not being related to the big 3 kingdoms. It depends on what they are looking to add into the game. I also have another issue with naimg the generals I want, since the book I read (the moss roberts version) has very different names then the ones used by Dynasty Warriors.

Also, He Man deserves his own character, but i don;t know if the Japanese find that nearly as funny. I'd also like a lot more of the yellow turbans, Zhang Bao, and Zhang Jue should be added, along with characters like Bian Xi who would later go on to serve Cao Cao.

But then again, I doubt they are going to add more characters to the roster. i think their big goal is too make an open world game, which is very ambitious for a series that is one of the least ambitious titles on the face of the earth

We'll also be getting a Dynasty Warriors movie at some point, but i'd honestly rather have a Dynasty Warriors anime. Sengoku Basara was pretty decent, and the Dynasty Warriors characters were always way better personified then the other "musou" likes

Jarate

Banned
Also, if anyone has 8 XL on ps4, im always game to play a few rounds of it. I've been putting it off because i forgot to transfer my save file from the PS3 version and have a lot of catching up to do in terms of progress.
"yo dawg, did you use X, X, X, X, Y on this stage?"

"Nah, I used X, X, X, Y, Y, Y."

"wut, everyone knows X, X, X, X, X, X is the best"

....I said as I play HW Legends on my New 3DS....

This is another big issue is that the series has basically been the same thing for years now, and the game itself is pretty simple. Although, some of the most fun ive had was taking down ridiculously difficult stages in 7 with those damn archers. Althopugh later I learned you could just use some broken tech as Zhou Tai which makes you go really fucking fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axhkBGGgLlY

This person sucks at it, but if you mash this combo enough you can go sanic

Mizerman

Yeah, I have a feeling that Cheng Pu will be added in the roster. They did put in Han Dang after all this time.

Yuan Shu has a lot of potential, especially for that specific time frame.

Jarate

Banned
Yeah, I have a feeling that Cheng Pu will be added in the roster. They did put in Han Dang after all this time.

Yuan Shu has a lot of potential, especially for that specific time frame.

Most of the main generals of the "pre 3 kingdoms" era are pretty unexplored. Liu Zhang not having a character model after all this time is dreadful, same with Ma Teng, Liu Biao, Gogsun Zong, Yuan Shu, He Jin forces, are all really unexplored. Especially as the "other" forces are pretty much limited to YELLOW TURBANS, SOUTHERN CONQUEST, LU BU, AND YUAN SHAO.

There's also a lot of really powerful generals under Yuan Shao that would fit in with the rest of the characters.

Im hoping that with the open world strategy they'll be using that the game has a lot more "Empires" too it.

"if you just continue to press the same button like X X X and Y Y Y, and X X X, Y Y Y again, you will be sucked”

Remember when everyone was just amused by Konami?

Yeah it's hard to really discuss musou games that aren't cross overs or potential cross overs since you either need extensive knowledge of Chinese and Japanese history to know what characters could show up in the mainline games. It's why you see more discussion for stuff like One Piece Pirate Warriors or Hyrule Warriors since it's easier for a wider audience to have something to discuss in terms of speculating how your favorite characters would translate into the musou world.

Mizerman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kingdoms_(TV_series)

If you want a fairly decent portrayal of the three kingdoms era of china, this is the best thing on earth. Not entirely accurate to the books, but the show itself is incredibly well made, and Cao Cao's portrayal is probably the best you are ever going to get in TV

One day, they'll probably make a Three Kingdoms HBO series. One day ;-;

I love this adaptation. I think I'm on episode 42 right now. Plus, Cao Cao trolling Yuan Shao was something to behold.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what you're saying is, they should make an Ikki Tousen Musou!!!

....but yes, Bass makes a good point. I got into the One Piece & Hyrule Warriors ones because I'm more familiar with the characters, so I feel more invested. With HW, it's awesome seeing characters being playable for the first time and the way Koei Tecmo made them work, where as with One Piece, you get the satisfaction of "sweet, I can do moves that I saw in the anime/manga & perform them in the game!"

If I tried, say, one of the Gundam ones, I probably wouldn't feel as invested because I don't know much about the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom