• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
4ZsmBKU.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Besides the long run time there's actually not much wrong with SAO Extra. It's got all the highlights and cuts everything boring out of SAO. Some of the new material is pretty okay.

Remember how when the last episode of SAO was airing on Toonami, everyone was kind of surprised at how it was ending on an acceptable note....

...and then it brought up Kayaba.

Moaradin

That last arc in general was pretty acceptable. It had a likable protagonist for once and good action. It only had a few dumb moments compared to every other SAO arc. I'd almost call it decent.

Watched more One Piece. Watched a little bit of early Water 7 stuff and rewatched some post-Enies Lobby episodes. Aokiji really acts like he doesn't want to be a part of the Navy/World Government. He's against the Buster Call of Ohara and lets Robin escape. Then he gets a prime opportunity to capture her but just freezes her. I don't think he was going to crush her frozen body and instead wanted to see the bond of the Straw Hats with her. After his duel with Luffy he honors his idea of sacrifice by not going after the rest of the crew but then he doesn't even finish off Luffy. He must know that Luffy is Garp's grandson which is why he let him go. Finally, post-Enies Lobby he gives some closure to Robin. I wonder if he helped Robin escape some trouble she got into when she was younger. Post-Enies Lobby I still have trouble figuring out what his motives are most of the time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HEY SPEAKING OF SAO

When talking to my old friend about anime at work, he said he watched through both seasons of the anime subbed TWICE, but when he checked the dub, he said he hated it, & was one of the worst dubs he ever heard.

......also when talking to a co-worker about how Death Note works better as a live-action film when compared to shows like Bleach, he said "well Bleach wouldn't work as a live-action because they wouldn't be able to find women nearly as attractive to play the roles"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom