• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

They should bring Gigantor and Astro Boy to Toonami. They were the hype at things on the original April 1st Toonami broadcast

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember they had the newer series on Toonami at one point. It's how I got into the series & made me want to get Omega Factor on GBA.

Yeah, people were pushing for an Asian as Iron Fist before the casting was announced and there was some backlash when it was announced to be a white guy. I opposed it because I think "CAST AN ASIAN TO DO THE KUNG FU" feels like the most insincere shit imaginable when we never talk about replacing any of the other white dudes who DON'T do kung fu with Asians.

The issue is that there aren't any other properties they'd be likely to make with an Asian male lead (side note: Asian males have a harder time getting leading roles than Asian women). So now it's "not even the kung-fu guy gets to be an Asian".

The issue is that there aren't any other properties they'd be likely to make with an Asian male lead (side note: Asian males have a harder time getting leading roles than Asian women). So now it's "not even the kung-fu guy gets to be an Asian".

Theoretically they can change almost anything, but nobody pressed for it until karate was involved. This shouldn't be a contextual thing. The fact that people only pressed for black Spider-Man because Miles Morales exists was a similar issue. We shouldn't wait for a stereotype before we make suggestions, and we shouldn't wait for alternate characters, either; it should be a constant question.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
White washing normally bugs me...but not in the case of GitS. It's an unnaturally beautiful fully prosthetic body which can literally look like anything.

Jarate

Banned
I don't really care about white washing, and don't really care about if a black character became white or whatever. I just want good stuff

I am mad though that they made a show about marco polo. fuck that guy, lying ass

Nooooooooooo.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Remember Ramona Flowers? This is her now. Feel old yet?

bV5lpiS.jpg
U7IdsTv.jpg

bigkrev

I think I Penetrated as far as I can in them.

There's a weird crossection of Vita fans and SAO fans that love them, I got about three hours into the first one and went...nah.

At least they are waay waaaay waaaaaaaaaaaay better than either Attack on Titan game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTstud1EE18

A DBZ game for my friend DTL.

Not sure we are getting that game. It would be a 2017 release here, and there is a chance that 3DS support drops like a rock once NX is out

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2016 is turning out to be the second best year of the 3DS in North America with all these games. I would not be totally shocked to see games continue into 2017 for it, but we do seemingly miss one or two DBZ games late in the gen because of the console change over.

Anyways Kid Goku, Pan...but also Young Trunks, Gotenks...and Kid Satan?!?

Seda

2016 is turning out to be the second best year of the 3DS in North America with all these games. I would not be totally shocked to see games continue into 2017 for it, but we do seemingly miss one or two DBZ games late in the gen because of the console change over.

Anyways Kid Goku, Pan...but also Young Trunks, Gotenks...and Kid Satan?!?

I just realized we'll hear "Mr. Satan" instead of "Hercule" when we get there on Toonami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just realized we'll hear "Mr. Satan." instead of "Hercule" when we get there on Toonami.

It's hard for me as well. It's still Hercule in my mind despite watching the sub almost as much as the dub back in the day. It took me years to get over Zolo but I did...but this one...I usually think Hercule but write Satan.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So wait, Goku goes BACK to hell in order to fight Satan himself? But I thought they skipped that filler in Kai.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So does he meet Frieza & the others in Hell? Sounds like a good setup to re-introduce villains.

"YOU SAID YOU'D SEE US IN HELL, WELL HERE WE ARE!"

Jarate

Banned
I general switch between Hercule and Mr Satan, don't really have a preference since both fit pretty well I guess.

After all Satan is a good guy right?

That's the one arc from GT I don't remember well. I think Dr. Gero and the other science dude from GT make another Android 17 in hell, and somehow it and the Android 17 on Earth connect to each other and open a portal between worlds.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's the one arc from GT I don't remember well. I think Dr. Gero and the other science dude from GT make another Android 17 in hell, and somehow it and the Android 17 on Earth connect to each other and open a portal between worlds.

Correct, and they throw Kid Goku back to hell where he has fun with some past villains.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm starting to wonder if I'll even be able to partake in commenting during Toonami tomorrow, my laptop is just suddenly turning into a complete mess. It randomly drops internet between a few minutes to a few hours (it fixes the default gateway or replaces the one or more network protocols that're missing by resetting the network adaptor) when I run the troubleshoot, but it's only a temp fix) & now Chrome just does random crashes as well. I REALLY just want to buy one in town, but considering I can get a huge discount from Dell via friend's wife, probably will have to be shipped.

.....also sucks I JUST spent $50 into getting the battery replaced. I could use my phone, but I wouldn't have Live Thread which is pretty much a requirement for this thread when Toonami is live.

but why would you do that

Better to try there than making a dumb thread on gaf. Got my laptop back today and was going through my Steam backlog trying to decide what I should work on first. I have extremely dumb trouble making my own decisions and feel like whatever I choose will be wrong, so I always want someone else to make them for me.

Raxus

I have Ratchet and Clank and Dark Souls 3 to keep me occupied until Uncharted 4 comes out. This year has been pretty good keeping me tided over game to game.

Nice title change. I can smile again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom